August 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Friday 6/7

I know attempting to work out is getting tougher every week! What were your victories this week? Did you manage to get in a few squats while getting ready in the morning? Walk the dog? Make it to the gym??!

Image result for gym meme

Re: Fit Mama Friday 6/7

• hemlheml member
    I tried a new prenatal yoga class on Sunday that was awesome. I plan to go again this Sunday. I also went to my gentle yoga class on Monday. The dr cleared me back to activities on Tuesday (thanks so much everyone for the kind words and thoughts last week!), so I plan on trying to work in a barre class next week. Today after work I'm going on a walk with a friend. Not sure if she realizes how slow we'll need to walk/waddle...
  • @heml congrats on the clearance. Glad it was not too serious. 

I made it twice this week. Yoga on monday and the prenatal fitness class yesterday. I actually showed up at my gym on Wednesday, but they were closed because the power was out... I took that as a sign that I was supposed to just relax that evening. lol.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Loading the player...
  • mkrelmkrel member
    No sooner than I got back to it, I'm retiring from the Peloton for the rest of this pregnancy. The pain in my butt/vag area was just too much to handle with the increased weight.  I've been walking over my lunch break daily. I figure it's better than nothing, even if I feel like I'm going so slow. 

@AKuzReve So jealous of the beach,  Have fun!
  • cato99cato99 member
    Oh wow I’m not alone; it feels like this week was a turning point for so many of us (no more peloton, no more running shoes): for me it became clear yesterday I have to say goodbye to my daily hiking loop and switch to the “pregnancy loop” I had established when I was pregnant with DD, where the climb is more gradual. I announced this dramatically to DH abut I don’t think he understands how momentous it is lol. 

Twice this week I was able to get out for a longer hike than my daily one, it’s 4.5ish miles with a steep climb at the end. I had no idea doing that two days in a row would absolutely wreck me (on the second day it took me nearly three hours, when non-pregnant it’s about 1.5). Never again! I’ll still try to do it once a week for this pregnancy and if I do it more, never again on consecutive days!

I upped my prenatal yoga class schedule from once to twice a week. One is a more fun goofy active class, and the other (new) one is more slow and challenging and really focused on strength and stability. At one point in deadly seriousness during a pelvic exercise the instructor said “now pretend you are picking up an egg with your anus” so it was also a workout in self control for not absolutely losing it at the absurdity. 
  • @purplg8r how are you doing without the running?. I know it was a big, important part of your life/routine.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• I was trying to swim 2-3 days/week but it’s just such an ordeal to make time for the whole process. We subscribe to beach body on demand and I found some prenatal workouts on there. They’re only like 25 minutes but seem to get my heart rate up pretty well and are sooo much more convenient to do at home. Hoping to still get to the pool once/week moving forward. 
  • hemlheml member
    edited June 2019
    @mkrel @purplg8r @cato99 Sorry you’re having to adapt workouts! I know we’re all “listening to our bodies,” but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating. In the home stretch and any/all movement is gonna help us with labor and recovery!

Proud of all of you ladies! This thread continues to be a huge source of motivation to me. When we migrate to FB, I hope we can talk postpartum workouts, as well 
  • @heml, I’m already so excited for postpartum workouts. I can’t wait!

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @purplg8r - It's great that you're still staying active and completing your races by walking! I'm taking several days off because I had a scare this weekend, but I may stop running entirely just to be safe depending on what my OB says. Honestly, running hasn't been the least bit enjoyable for the last several weeks. I've only kept up with it because I'm incredibly stubborn. 
  • @Avrilmai I’m mostly doing okay just because I was getting so frustrated with myself at being so much slower than normal and feeling like I was holding my friends back who insisted on staying with me.  But then I see all their posts of running together and I get jealous. 

@sw1122 I feel the exact same way you do
  • I am walking and doing some pregnancy workout videos, including yoga. I slowed down this week. I was waking almost everyday but the heat and the third trimester really hit me hard. I hope to adjust and keep it going. My gym closed their pool so that wasn’t helpful either!