October 2019 Moms

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• @meagan-t I had it with my 2nd and all was well come delivery time. I do not remember when I was in the clear, but guessing I would say by 30 weeks. I think I had an ultrasound around 24 weeks to check it and it could have been good even then. Fingers crossed that as your uterus grows, your placenta will pull away from your cervix.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • junebabyh said:
    I have a formal wedding on June 22... need a maternity dress! Struggling with finding something appropriate that doesn't look too corporate or too casual/cheap. Any ideas other than Pea in the Pod?
    I e had good luck with Seraphine maternity, you might check that out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmbt2 really! I've never heard of that! We've tried soy, it constipated her bad, tried almond, she only liked it for a week. Haven't tried coconut cause it's a little pricey at the moment. We even tried the lactose free because her doctor was sure she had a lactose allergy cause she'd break out bad after any dairy including breastmilk, which is super rare. It's been a struggle. She is so tiny for her age and I always wonder if that's why. She gets a vitamin supplement that's helped I think. 

• cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 really! I've never heard of that! We've tried soy, it constipated her bad, tried almond, she only liked it for a week. Haven't tried coconut cause it's a little pricey at the moment. We even tried the lactose free because her doctor was sure she had a lactose allergy cause she'd break out bad after any dairy including breastmilk, which is super rare. It's been a struggle. She is so tiny for her age and I always wonder if that's why. She gets a vitamin supplement that's helped I think. 
    Yes- tums are just a calcium blend. Our pedi recommends the tropical ones!

he drinks flax milk for vitamins 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Well I shall be looking into that!!! And the flax milk too! She has egg and milk allergies. Thankfully the only thing that breaks out is her eczema but then she gets all scabbed up from it 😔

• Re: non-dairy milks, the bigger companies now make oat milk. I am trying it for the first time and have only had it in coffee and cereal so I can’t speak much to the taste but based on my use of it so far I’d say it doesn’t have a strong taste. 
  • Re: non-dairy milks, the bigger companies now make oat milk. I am trying it for the first time and have only had it in coffee and cereal so I can’t speak much to the taste but based on my use of it so far I’d say it doesn’t have a strong taste. 
    I’ve wanted to try this! My girls and I can’t do dairy, even lactose free milk, so we stick to alternative. 
    I’ve been afraid to try the oat milks because I haven’t had a chance to research them better. We recently learned about the Round Up in SO many foods and have been changing the brands we use to the ones that aren’t trying to kill us with weed killer 🤦🏻‍♀️ And Oat products are the worst 😫
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @perfectlove09 Ah $#!+ I didn’t even think of that. It’s so frustrating how much research you have to do to make healthy decisions about food! Especially knowing that in other countries they don’t have to worry about it quite so much
  • This will be a great online shopping day! Thanks ladies...
    @PenelopeSnuz77 Just checked out ASOS and was reminded that I need maternity swim wear! ...we spend a lot of time at the beach and pool in the summer. Since I have two spring babies already, I only have one maternity suit. 
    @andromedacorrine2 I love Pink Blush. I have a million every-day/shower appropriate dresses from there. But I can't find anything that is formal enough for this wedding. But thank you. I do love them and just got a shipment from them on Monday. :wink:
    @greenbean-2 Rent the Runway is a great idea!!! Hadn't thought of them.

• There’s also a new kind of milk made out of pea protein. One brand is called Ripple. My friend uses it for her kid with a milk allergy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • There’s also a new kind of milk made out of pea protein. One brand is called Ripple. My friend uses it for her kid with a milk allergy. 
    This is what a lot of the allergy moms from my DS's bump group used! 
  • We use Ripple also. I use their coffee creamer. 
    We usually try to switch it up a bit because so many milk alternatives either lack in calcium or protein. There is an almond cashew milk that’s fortified with protein. 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @junebabyh I love the dress I got! I saw another site that was much more formal but cannot remember the name of it at the moment 😑 preggo brain for the win. I'll see if I can find it!! 

Thank you everyone for the milk substitute ideas!! In all honesty I hadn't researched it much because I don't like milk and DS and SO are the only ones that drink it. So we just did the vitamin supplement. But I may need to look into more options and see what I can find her, it could be why the nearly one year old at daycare and my two and half year old are the same size 😂

• SLou24SLou24 member
    @meagan-t I didn't the first time around but I currently have complete PP -- my placenta is covering my cervix. Because it's complete I'm on pelvic rest and exercise restrictions, but I'm hoping it'll move up as the others have said most do. I have a repeat US in a couple of weeks to check progress! 
  • cheznetcheznet member
    edited June 2019
    Has anyone ever fallen while pregnant? Last night, I knocked over a pot of boiling water on my feet and promptly fell in it on my butt. My feet hurt a lot and my butt hurt and I looked up falling while pregnant while soaking my feet.  Trying not to freak out. I did feel him a little afterwards, and more when I  so was going to bed, but today I haven't felt him. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance. Should I call my doctor just in case? (I will be 21 weeks on Friday)
  • @cheznet I tripped and fell down my steps when pregnant with my 1st. I was sooo sore and very nervous about the baby. I mainly went down on my back. I did call just in case for reassurance and they were not too concerned because of the way I fell.  Agree with above, never hurts to call just to have some peace of mind! 
  • @meagan-t thanks for that. I read that, if you don't fall directly on your belly, it's probably ok unless you bleed or leak amniotic fluid or sense a decrease in movement. So I was paranoid about a potential decrease in movement but after that post this morning I have felt him. Movement hasn't been particularly regular anyway, so I shouldn't worry.
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cheznet said:
    Has anyone ever fallen while pregnant? Last night, I knocked over a pot of boiling water on my feet and promptly fell in it on my butt. My feet hurt a lot and my butt hurt and I looked up falling while pregnant while soaking my feet.  Trying not to freak out. I did feel him a little afterwards, and more when I  so was going to bed, but today I haven't felt him. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance. Should I call my doctor just in case? (I will be 21 weeks on Friday)
    Yes, with DS2. I was carrying DS1 and went down. Baby is still very cushioned in there. 

As for movement, it won’t be every day and consistent until 24-28w
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • cheznet said:
    @meagan-t thanks for that. I read that, if you don't fall directly on your belly, it's probably ok unless you bleed or leak amniotic fluid or sense a decrease in movement. So I was paranoid about a potential decrease in movement but after that post this morning I have felt him. Movement hasn't been particularly regular anyway, so I shouldn't worry.
    When I was pregnant with DS1 I lived in an apartment building and felt down the stairs carrying a laundry basket. I fell on my butt  and back and the doctor wasn't worried at all since I hadn't fallen on my stomach. I was about half way at that point, too. 20-ish weeks.
  • meagan-t said:
    Has any STM+ had marginal placenta previa? I'm not hyper concerned at this point (the placenta is about 1.7 cm from the cervix opening, I think) as they said it usually moves as the pregnancy progresses, but I'm still curious about anyone else who may have experienced this.
    I didn't have it with my first, but I do with this pregnancy. Like @cmbt2 they called it a low lying placenta for me, 1.5 cm away, but similarly they were under string belief that it will move out of that range as the uterus grows.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • edited June 2019
    @meagan-t turns out I also have placenta previa this go around. I found out yesterday via my US report. Still haven't heard from Doc so I'm assuming they are not worried so I'm not either. I'm just hoping it does in fact mean another US because I love seeing baby in there 😊

Eta: dr just called and now on pelvic rest.
  • How much sleep is everyone getting? Or rather how much do you seem to be needing? I’ve ALWAYS been an 8 hour a night girl, just knowing I wouldn’t get 8 hours would make me annoyed. Then I had kids and well...I’ve been tired for 6 years. 
    But this go round I’m so sleepy! Even still at almost 20 weeks. I put my kids to bed and am out of their room by 8pm and I fall asleep 😅 I never sleep through the night because someone always wakes up, and they are usually up for the day by 6:30, I’m sure I’m getting enough but I’m always so sleepy. 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @perfectlove09 I probably get around 8 hours a night. Except on those lovely nights when I wake up to pee and am then wide awake for no reason 🙄 Though those nights are few at this point so I shouldn’t complain
  • @perfectlove09 I feel very similarly. None of my other pregnancies have felt this draining. I’m in bed by 8 or 9 most nights and wake up around 6am but I still snag a nap when I can because I still feel so tired. 
  • @perfectlove09 I probably get around 8 hours a night. Except on those lovely nights when I wake up to pee and am then wide awake for no reason 🙄 Though those nights are few at this point so I shouldn’t complain
    Oh boy, when I do get woken up I have a very difficult time falling back asleep too. It can take 1-2 hours. 

@sweetteaandswingsmama yes! My husband said “you’re going to bed early for a grown up” 😂😂😂 shut up dude 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • @perfectlove09 I go to bed between 9 and 10 most nights. I'm so annoyed because I have to get up to pee at least twice a night now. Sometimes it takes me a while to get back to sleep, sometimes not. Now that I feel my baby, he can keep me up with his kicking/unidentified movements.
  • @perfectlove09 I get about 7 hrs I think (according to fitbit). We go to bed around 930 and then we are "up" by 6. I don't always sleep well. I definitely feel more tired this pre then I did with DS. I would say maybe it's from having another kid to manage BUT neice was living with us when I was preg with DS too so I go nothing.....
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    How much sleep is everyone getting? Or rather how much do you seem to be needing? I’ve ALWAYS been an 8 hour a night girl, just knowing I wouldn’t get 8 hours would make me annoyed. Then I had kids and well...I’ve been tired for 6 years. 
    But this go round I’m so sleepy! Even still at almost 20 weeks. I put my kids to bed and am out of their room by 8pm and I fall asleep 😅 I never sleep through the night because someone always wakes up, and they are usually up for the day by 6:30, I’m sure I’m getting enough but I’m always so sleepy. 
    I go down around 9 and am up between 5:30 and 6 🤷🏼‍♀️ I take a sleep aid, though, or i’d be up all night. 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • It doesn’t really matter when I go down/wake up because I toss and turn All.Night.Long. I’m SO tired this pregnancy. I was off caffeine completely for a few years, and now I’ve brought Chai Lattes into my mornings or else I’m a total zombie! 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• @cheznet ugh that sounds like a doozy of a fall. Hope you're feeling a little better, especially the burns on your feet!
    @prpl11butterfly sorry you got relegated to bed rest. No fun!
    @perfectlove09 my sleep schedule is horrendous. Because my job starts early I have to get up around 4. As hard as I try to get myself to bed around 8 it's usually closer to 10. DS doesn't sleep through the night 1-2 times a week, and I'm a bog toss and turner also, along with multiple bathroom visits, lol. I'd say I get anywhere from 5 to 7 hours a night, but I often take a nap after work and before picking up DS from daycare.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @perfectlove09 I get like 5-6 hours at best.  Coffee is my best friend since my first kid 4 years ago 😂🤷‍♀️ However, I did take advantage of being able to take a nice long nap this afternoon and it was amazing haha
  • Who has a VBAC story they can share, success or failure? I thought about starting a thread for this but I don't know that we have enough/if any that it'd be worth it. Feel free to DM me if you are will to share and don't want to post it here. This is something that has been really weighing on me lately and I really need to make a choice. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat my sister had a successful VBAC. Her first delivery was an induction that ended in a c-section and she was very committed to a VBAC. She changed doctors to someone who was more open to them and got some really great advice. I think if it is something you feel strongly about you should get your doctors opinion, talk to other moms as you are doing and maybe look for a doctor who can support your goals. My sister also used a doula with experience in VBACS, if that is something that is an option for you, you should look into that at well. Sorry it’s not a more personal story, I’m sure other women here can chime in with their own stories!
  • Who has a VBAC story they can share, success or failure? I thought about starting a thread for this but I don't know that we have enough/if any that it'd be worth it. Feel free to DM me if you are will to share and don't want to post it here. This is something that has been really weighing on me lately and I really need to make a choice. 
    I think you should start a thread not only to hear success (or tried) stories but just to encourage others of us who are planning on going for a VBAC or maybe want to share/compare fears or anxieties. We can offer tips, advice etc. I am a little different in that my first birth was a vaginal, 2nd emergency c but this third birth is still considered a VBAC and I still try and flood myself with facts, tips and stories. 
  • perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    edited June 2019
    I’ve been taking Cimetidine for heartburn and just realized it’s giving me stomach aches and nausea. 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s the same a Zantac. Has anyone had this happen before?

ETA; it’s not actually generic for Zantac. Just correcting myself Incase in confuse anyone. It’s still a class b drug for heartburn. But we stopped last night and got the actual Zantac generic and I’ll see if that helps. 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Anybody have rust colored spots on their hands? Woke up with these, Google says it's normal but I've never heard of it before! 
  • So I know every person is different and every pregnancy is different, but does anyone else feel like these pregnancy week-by-week things are generally way off for most people? As an example, @grapeskittles4lyfe mentioned in another thread that the linea nigera is supposed to appear around 20 weeks, but it appeared earlier than 20 weeks for some of us.
    DD 10/2019
  • meagan-t said:
    So I know every person is different and every pregnancy is different, but does anyone else feel like these pregnancy week-by-week things are generally way off for most people? As an example, @grapeskittles4lyfe mentioned in another thread that the linea nigera is supposed to appear around 20 weeks, but it appeared earlier than 20 weeks for some of us.
    I’ve found none of it to be accurate. “They” also say to expect your first baby to be late. Yet most people I know had them “early” 
    there are so many variables ℓσℓ 
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • tuti_tuti_ member
    Hi, This Is My First Pregnancy, Having Twins. So Recently I Started Getting Birthing Jitters, I Barely Sleep Because I’m So Nervous. What Can I Do To Help With This ?