Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 6/3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 6/3

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36+0...23 days to go at the most!

Baby is the size of a(n): 2 plate fulls of fritters

Team: Pink:)

Upcoming Appointments: Friday 

How are you feeling?: Sick but ok. Lots of nausea and throwing up but I have a ton of energy and I'm so close to having the whole house clean and ready!

Rants/Raves:  Just the nausea. I can barely force myself to eat anything every day which then makes me more nauseous. Blah. 

Questions: Anyone else feeling like baby is going to come early? I just have this feeling that I'm not going to make it to my RCS date at 39+2.

GTKY:  Delivery. My anxiety is crazy during pregnancy and my PPA lasts until I stop BFing...and it maifests in really annoying ways. So right now I'm a mess about getting through delivery with both myself and baby safe and healthy.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/4

Baby is the size of a(n): Bunch of Carrots

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow; get my cervix checked

How are you feeling?: HOW IS THERE STILL ANOTHER MONTH LEFT. Ahhhh!!!

Rants/Raves:  Stretch mark growing larger from my first pregnancy :( Feeling like I don't know how I will survive another month. Some days are fine, others are worse than miserable. Still walking 1.5 miles atleast every other day.

Questions: What are the chances I go early with this being my second? Had my first 23 minutes before due date naturally. 

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 35+1

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple/bunch of carrots

Team: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: NST currently, and another NST on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Ready to be done. Lack of sleep due to being in pain:uncomfortable is killing me  

Rants/Raves:  Rant: DD had a bad weekend. Nasty rash that we don’t know if it’s a good thing or a sunscreen thing  I suspect she has an ear infection. And she vomited soooo bad in the car this weekend. Poor baby. But she’s always in high spirits! 

Questions: Anyone else not feeling the nesting thing yet? I just don’t want to put clothes away and get things ready. I’m over being pregnant, but I don’t want to organize. Maybe it’s because of all the pain I’m in, but I just don’t want to do it. 

I’m nervous about caring for a newborn again. That’s where I got most of my PPA from with DD. I was worried about her breathing, if she was too hot, if she was too cold... I would watch her constantly, and it would scare me when something out of the ordinary came up. The newborn stage is not my favorite. 

• key33key33 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5 35-3

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍍

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Over being pregnant, but pretty good overall. Contractions all the time except when laying down/feet up, but this has been my normal since March.

Rants/Raves:  Oldest two are now sharing a room, and the nursery is almost complete. Happy to be getting things done. Not so happy my kids are now taking over a hour to fall asleep at bedtime. 

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? Having a newborn with a 4 and 6 year old. I’m most nervous about the change and challenges of going from 2 to 3, especially with the bigger age gap. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36 wks

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya

Team: green

Upcoming Appointments: weekly apts! Next one Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: 

Terrible time with sleeping and still getting sick everyday 😭. But I do have my moments of feeling ok!

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

Anyone else have varicose veins something fierce now!

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?       Honestly I’m worrying about if I’m too much of a minimalist. I hope we are ready 😂

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35+5, July 3 but scheduled for an induction June 13

Baby is the size of a(n): Idk, she's about 4 lbs.

Team: girl

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound Thursday with special high-risk techs that I've never been to before

How are you feeling?: scared, excited. Weird mix!

Rants/Raves:  really glad my husband won't have to travel again until after his paternity leave is up. It's stressful enough having so much of the next few weeks be so unpredictable; I'm glad to not have to add worrying about whether he'll be in town when I go into labor into the mix.

Questions: I feel like I should be asking all the questions, but my mind is blank!

Omg, everything. Just everything.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

7/7 - 35+1

Baby is the size of a(n): 

It's pineapple week!

Team:

Pink 

Upcoming Appointments: 

OB on Friday. Also taking a baby care class this week... I never did any babysitting and barely helped with my little cousins and my niece and nephew, so I am hoping to get some peace of mind and coming away feeling more like "I can do this!" and less like "what have we gotten ourselves into". 

How are you feeling?: 

Overall, pretty good. Still getting the occasional Charlie horse, but mostly sleeping well, all pregnancy things considered. 

Rant/Raves:  

Getting a little tires of MIL telling me that I look tired. This is going to be my face for a while. 

DH is only traveling for work for a few more weeks, and then he will be at home. I'm so relieved that the chances of him getting stuck out of state when I go into labor are majorly reduced! 

Questions: 

It's kind of hard to pick one and this does tend to change as we get ready and as the days check by. Right now, I think my biggest concern is about family dynamics and who is going to show up at the hospital (and when). DH and I have not managed to get completely on the same page, but we are closer. I have complete faith in him that if I look like I'm not doing well or am exhausted, he will take care of me. It's basically the cultural and personality differences between DH's family and my own. My family is more reserved and patient. His family makes decisions based on emotions and first instints. MIL is also a bit of a panicker and gets pretty anxious. I'll be nervous enough as it is!

• gembudgembud member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6/1 36w

Baby is the size of a(n): Power drill

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I’m ok, I started getting consistent contractions Saturday night and by Sunday morning they were about 7 minutes apart so they had me come in, when I got there we were at 4 minutes. Spent the day there (our 1st anniversary no less) and they were able to slow everything down and gave me a steroid shot in case he does come. Went back today for more monitoring and my second steroid shot. 

Rants/Raves: Happy baby boy is staying put for now

Questions: Agree with @pizzaplz I know I should have all the questions but I’m one big blank

Well Saturday morning packing my hospital bag I went from having 0 nerves to being in 100% anxiety mode - shit got real. I saw every spec of dust, heard the endless list of still to do, and got the daunting you have no idea what you’re doing speech from the devil on my left shoulder.

@vanillalatte89 ugh yesss, they need to go - I can’t even look at my thighs

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35w 4 d

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple 🍍 

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal, nst, & ultrasound this week 

How are you feeling?: awful - I have a allergies/sinus infection/cold/who knows which thing going on.  So hard to breathe.

Rants/Raves:  above

Questions: 

Vbac vs rcs is still up in the air.  

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 rcs 7/1

Baby is the size of a(n):  mini-lop rabbit 

Team:
    Pink 😁

Upcoming Appointments:  next Monday I start twice a week for nst and OB visit since I had to go on insulin for GD.

How are you feeling?: 

Okay. Feet and back are starting to bother me more. Definitely wishing I could eat anything I want at this point!

Rants/Raves:  

Yesterday was my last day of work before baby comes and I'm  SO HAPPY for that!!! It's unpaid which sucks but DH is gonna out in more hours to help with that. 

Also I finally got my daughter's name painted and hung the letters up on the wall...super stoked with how they turned out 😁

Questions: 

Anyone have experience with having another kid at the hospital? Does it make spending time with the new baby a lot harder with trying to keep the other one pre occupied or not jealous?

Honestly nervous about the spinal I'll have to get for the csection hurting a lot. Last time I had an epidural before csection I had labored for a while so I was in a lot of pain so it took my mind off the needle. This time will be like okay show up in no pain and get it xD

• @BeatboxBaby Aaah. I hadn't even thigh about that. Is the spinal supposed to hurt??? 
  • @gbud630 I'm glad baby is still staying put for the moment! I had a WTF am I doing moment yesterday. My DD was super upset about literally nothing, I was in the middle of cleaning, super tired, so I started crying too and started thinking I have no idea how to keep one kid happy, how am I going to manage with two??? It passed but I hate those moments of feeling like you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.
  • @pizzaplz are you seriously only 9 days away from induction??? Holy cow! How are we here already?!
  • @Panaceia Honestly I have no clue how the two compare lol. I just know I hate needles and am a baby when it comes to pain 😛
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday.  I get that I'm about to have a baby and doctors should be involved and everything, but these prenatal visits where they just take my blood pressure and weight feel like such a massive waste of time.  Not thrilled about having to do it weekly now.

How are you feeling?: Tired, but other than that, really good.  Having some issues with what I've self-diagnosed as sciatic nerve pain, but it's not too bad.  For 8+ months pregnant, I really can't complain.  Went for a 3-mile run outside on Sunday after a storm when we had a brief reprieve from the heat, which was my first outdoor run since about week 15 or so.  After the first 2 minutes, which were awful, it actually felt great.  And I plan on swimming a few easy miles this afternoon if the weather holds up.  

Rants/Raves:  I literally spent 18 hours writing an article yesterday (non-billable, so I don't get any credit for doing it) because I have been slammed and procrastinated all weekend.  And now I don't have any work to do.  Basically with being brand new at work and about to go on leave, I'm in a really awkward transition phase where I'm not on any case teams (because it really doesn't make sense to add me to case teams when I'm about to leave for 3 months) and instead just help out with others' cases when their teams are overloaded.  This translates to getting a ton of last-minute projects, which means I'm either crazy busy and pulling all-nighters or having nothing to do at all.  Not exactly ideal.  But at this point, I think it's okay for me to be winding down because I have the option of not "counting" the months before and after leave in my yearly stats, so my plan is just to lie low and help out where I'm needed but not go crazy trying to take on a bunch of stuff.  Hopefully will give me some time to prep for baby.

Questions: Not that I can think of.

GTKY:  Honestly, it's probably the dumbest thing to be worried about, but I'm nervous about/ dreading the inevitable tearing. Even the whole having to take care of another human being when I still have yet to have even changed a diaper in my lifetime is taking a backseat to the tearing somehow.

@Panaceia, yes!  Definitely have had a feeling that she's coming early over the past couple of weeks or so.  I'm sure it's entirely wishful thinking.  But the doctor commented on how low she was during the growth ultrasound, and I've been feeling a lot of "downward" pressure, for lack of a better description, this last week.  And both H and I were early (him 4 weeks, me 2 weeks).  I know none of those things necessarily means anything, but it definitely makes me feel like labor must be right around the corner regardless.  What may be more of a sign, and sorry if TMI, is that I think I may have lost my mucus plug a couple days ago.

• @Panaceia yes, I am! I suddenly went from "hey, just one more month!" to "holy shit, only one WEEK!!!" in a matter of minutes. I'm giving up on trying to prep for baby (beyond the absolute necessities) in favor of enjoying these last few days of "just us" time with my husband. We'll never get that again, but we can get things for the baby on the fly.
  • @hellmanpartyof5 I was hospitalized for a week when DD was 3 due to a life threatening hemorrhage. I had never been away from her over night. I was still nursing and bed sharing. I cried the whole time because I was so so worried about her having to sleep without me and not knowing what was going on. But she was TOTALLY fine. She didn't even really start asking for me a lot until the day before I got to come home. She has already made me promise to not be away from her for more than one night this time. I think being away from her is going to be the worst part of the whole thing. So I completely understand where you're coming from. But I bet she will barely even notice:/
  • @Panaceia with my twins I had a sever hemorrhage and had to be transferred to a completely different hospital for 4 days. My oldest was barely a year old at the time and I was completely heart broken. My twins were 4 days old when I was finally able to see them for the first time. It was hell. I’m just terrified of going through that again.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35+1

Baby is the size of a(n): miniature poodle (?)

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: just had one yesterday, all good and GBS done

How are you feeling?: blegh - definitely lightheaded standing too long, lots of reflux and no sleep

Rants/Raves:  I work in healthcare so talk with a million people per day... def getting tired of the 'when are you due, what are you having convo on repeat'. Rave - eating ice cream with reckless abandon

Questions: 

None atm

Half of me wants to deliver in the 38 week range and the other half is having panic attacks about all of the work things that I need to do before I go on leave.

• @hellmanpartyof5 I'm so sorry you had to go through that:( Hopefully we both end up with smooth uncomplicated deliveries!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35 +4

Baby is the size of a(n): idk he’s already over six pounds yikes

Upcoming Appointments: weekly, had one today

How are you feeling?: sore, tired, hormonal. The pressure from the swelling in my feet is so uncomfortable

Rants/Raves:  

Rant: woke up yesterday morning and literally had no shoes that fit. 

raves: my painful contractions daily since mid April from “irritable uterus” are actually getting less painful. They said stress is a factor, maybe I’m less and less worried now about prematurity as we get closer! I actually went three weeks without an L&D visit which is a huge improvement

Postpartum mental breakdown. Last time I was great all things considered until 6 months then got hugely depressed despite already being on meds and in treatment. Nothing to do but wait and keep up with my treatment 

• @jquellin Oh my, mama! Congrats on having your baby! You should post in the birth stories soon! I hope the NICU stay has been a good experience for you. Stay strong, mama! 
  • @jquellin Congratulations!!! I'm so glad to hear you are close to going home. I always found these boards to be an even bigger support after baby was here so hopefully you'll still stick around:)
  • @jquellin congrats and glad you are all doing well!!