Group 1 Check In (DD 12/1-12/8) WO 6/3

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Re: Group 1 Check In (DD 12/1-12/8) WO 6/3

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/1 and 14W1D

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM with 8 year old little blondie daughter ❤️

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink- we’re thinking of a name that starts with either A or E, because then our names would have a sort of order.  Right now we have a B, C, and D.  

Upcoming Appointments:  6/19 for checkup with my OB/GYN- about 16 1/2 weeks 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Overall, I feel pretty good!  Morning sickness is definitely dwindling, still get carsick pretty easily, and sometimes still feel just a bit sick for no real reason during the day.  Headaches have kicked up, especially around mid to late afternoon when the sun is super charged.  My appetite is increasing, and I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have found magnesium supplements between this pregnancy and my last.  I was so constipated the whole time during my first, this time it’s been a breeze comparatively speaking 😊  I’ve also been able to add in more yoga again, going with prenatal for women who already had a regular practice, so it’s got some challenging moves, but designed for pregnancy safety.  On the yoga note, Stephanie Seymour has a few prenatal classes on Glo that she recorded while 14 1/2 weeks pregnant!  Kind of fun and cool!

Rants/Raves:  So, we told a few of our coworkers, some have been sweet and at least said congratulations.  One guy that normally couldn’t stop talking if you paid him, my husband showed a cute Disneyland announcement pic we took and his reaction was so not excited, we weren’t sure he even read what the note said.  Some people just don’t get that you’re pregnant until you’re blown up like a balloon I guess.  Most people we’ve told at work have said congratulations, but then seem to forget completely and won’t really offer me any help with physical labor stuff.  Whatever...

Questions:  I’m waiting for my luxurious hair and skin phase to start, but so far no dice.  My skin in places has been so dry, and my hair feels really dry to me lately, too (unusual as I have pretty oily, thick hair).  Anybody else experiencing this?  My feet are particularly dry right now...

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? When pregnant, I would have to say maybe it’s more the order of things I’ve eaten.  Like I’ll eat a bunch of green olives or sauerkraut and then something that doesn’t go with that at all, like peanut butter and banana.  I eat pretty much everything, so it’s hard to think of what weird means.  Once when I was a kid, I had shark in a restaurant- not my favorite 😛

• @cpk3535 my skin is extremely dry too. My belly has become SO itchy!

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/5 13w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM mama to 8yo DS

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding our!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/8 to *hopefully* see who is growing in my belly! 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling pretty great aside from crazy spotting. I’m still anxious bc of this but trying to relax. 

Rants/Raves: I’ve finally taken the time to get some sun but unless I’m on a float I can’t lay on my belly. My back is two shades lighter than my front!

Questions: Has anyone had sciatic nerve pain yet? Is it too early? I was up at 4am with a throbbing/pulsing pain going from my hip down my thigh.

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I haven’t had any weird cravings this pregnancy. On vacation a few years ago I tried oysters on the half shell. They were always my dads favorite. Not weird but super gross!

• Loading the player...
  • @k_mama91 Raw oysters- that’s a good one!  I HATED those- they tasted like going to the beach and getting salt water up your nose!
  • @cpk3535 It was like swallowing snot 🤮 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days:  12/3, 13w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments:  16 week appointment on 6/26

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  Mostly good.  The nausea is much more manageable lately.  Some stretching sensations in my abdomen.  Still a little crabby.

Rants/Raves:  I got my first rude remark today.  A coworker asked if I am pregnant and when I asked if I am showing, she said, "I noticed your hips have gotten wider."  😲

Also started contacting day cares...one of my top picks closed last month and one has a waitlist until April 2020. 😫

Questions:  Anyone else have to have a scheduled c section?

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?  Maybe guacamole with fresh strawberries in it (restaurant item). It wasn't bad, but I prefer it without.

• @k_mama91 @cpk3535 I actually like raw oysters!   :D
  • @ashorkey we also had an oyster casserole at Thanksgiving every year. I miss my dad terribly but not that dish on our table 🤢
  • @ashorkey I know, people either love raw oysters or they hate them!  No in-betweeners 😉. My friend that took us to the oyster bar loved them, I ended up going with oysters Rockefeller.  It wasn’t bad!
  • @blueskychicago12- I will probably have one. My office is giving me the TOLAC option but won't induce again and I'm pretty sure I'll just do the C-section since last time labor didn't spontaneously start or progress when induced.

@cpk3535 - I'm really not dry and itchy but I've also been avoiding sugar and most skin products. Maybe that's helping? Last time I had awful acne. My skin/hair are relatively normal still. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12-4 /13w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out in July

Upcoming Appointments: appointment in about a week! I feel like it's been forever and I want to hear the little heartbeat again. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Still no real cravings. Foods that I'm usually lukewarm to I either like better or really don't like right now and coffee is tasting better again. The nausea is mostly better except in the evening or when I'm hungry and I'm still taking meds for it. 

Rants/Raves: Rant.  I am so over my sister's behavior right now. She's getting married in November (engaged in May) and when I got married my mom twisted my arm into making her my maid of honor despite the fact that I had serious misgivings due to her inherent selfishness. Now, I'm not actually interested in being matron of honor at 8+ months pregnant, but had kind of hoped she might ask. Not only has she not said anything to me about wanting me in her wedding party, but I got a Facebook invite the other day from her friend about a bachelorette party weekend in  Nashville TN (we're from Indiana so it's a trek) on my anniversary. And yet my sister claims she has no money and is trying to have an inexpensive wedding and has already asked me to do her cake (for free as her gift)? Not cool. 

Questions: nothing really. Just taking life as it comes. 

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Hmmmmm...  not sure. I've made some strange things when we're low on groceries but can't really recall specifics.

• LM1007LM1007 member

@cpk3535 I actually eat shark regularly, I love it, it's a common sandwich type meal in my husband's culture. 

@k_mama91 I haven't felt it yet, but I'm dreading my sciatica. My hips are already on fire when sleeping at night to long on one side. 

@blueskychicago12 I'll be having another scheduled c-section. At exactly 39weeks for me (so I don't go into labor like with my first who was breech so I needed it anyway - but lead to emergency cs) so I think I'll really be having a November baby. 

EDD/Weeks Days: 14weeks! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm- 2 boys (3.5 & almost 2)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blueeee!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/10

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): extremely tired all the time and back aches. 

Rants/Raves: Some people really don't feel like pregnancy takes a toll on a woman. And when I say something is bothering me or I'm nauseous, I can tell by their look, there is no compassion. (My MIL) 

Questions:

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? When I was younger, I tried fried octopus eye. 

• veganeliseveganelise member
    edited June 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days:  Dec 6th  13+4 days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue

Upcoming Appointments: June 18

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): SO much better. Sometimes some afternoon and/or evening ickyness, but otherwise pretty normal.

Rants/Raves: We really wanted a girl, but we're having a boy. I'm grateful for this pregnancy, and of course I'll be a wonderfully loving mama to this little one, but I'm nervous about raising a kind boy in a macho-man world... Please nobody be offended by that, by the way.

Questions: Is anyone else planning to have only one baby? This is going to be our only pregnancy (I'm 37 and entering school for midwifery, which will take at least three years) though we're definitely going to adopt in a few years. 

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I don't know what the name of it is, but we had this weird algal jelly sauce once when we visited Iceland. It was pretty nasty.

• @cpk3535 yes! All of the sudden, I’m getting dandruff, and I *never* have dandruff. Plus, my hair is dark so it really shows 😑. I don’t wash my hair that often, so I don’t get what’s going on.

EDD/Weeks + Days: 13w3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 6/6 with my midwife

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): pretty good! I did get nauseous in the car this weekend for the first time in a few weeks though. My newest symptoms are headaches and constant hunger. Otherwise the usual fatigue and constant need to pee.

Rants/Raves: the weather in my area has been so beautiful lately! Loving being outside more often.

Questions: anyone have a fetal doppler at home? I’m trying to decide about getting one. I get so anxious just having to trust that my baby is doing okay, but I can also imagine freaking myself out if I can’t find the heartbeat because I don’t know how to use it.

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I don’t know. I haven’t really had cravings yet,

• cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited June 2019
    @LM1007 I would try shark again in a place that knows what they’re doing!  I remember my shark being prepared in a really boring way.  It’s like eating seafood in Hawaii versus home- just no comparison ❤️  

@veganelise I understand your worry about having a little boy.  I was really nervous we were going to have a boy and I would have to act as defensive mother bear or something.  As you said, I also have no doubt you will love your child beyond words, and honesty I think children of both sexes have some crazy cultural things to contend with these days.  I’m freaking out already for my almost 9 year old blondie with long legs and a pretty face turning into a teenager.  It’s scary no matter what!

@pennyandzooey I don’t know if I could deal with the Doppler!  I would definitely be high anxiety if I was unable to hear heartbeats 💗 and I’m already super nervous.  It’s tough- you want that reassurance, but don’t want to add to your stress that’s already there!

@nothingbuttherain Is your sis the baby of the family?  My husband’s sister is the only girl in their family, and was the baby for a long time, so that’s how she acts.  It gets old fast!  I tried for years to be okay with her, as did my husband, and last year it kind of came to a head and we basically closed the relationship.  Not saying this is the solution for everybody, but it’s been a big help for us.  
  • @veganelise - I was somewhat worried about that last time with DS and I can't guarantee I'll have the right answers when he gets older. All I know is that, to the best  of my ability, I'm going to raise him to be strong and sensitive/compassionate. The world needs more good men who value the contributions of women, and I sort of feel like I'm doing my civic duty by raising one. Guess we'll just have to see how he turns out. At any rate, he's a lot of fun to play with right now!

@cpk3535 - she is actually the middle child so she doesn't even have the baby excuse! DH isn't a fan of her attitude, and we had a long talk about what boundaries we were going to set regarding her wedding and how much we get roped into (i.e. nothing except a cake that must fit certain specifications as her gift). Even if she does end up asking me to be in her bridal party I'm going to politely decline. Don't want to deal with it because I won't be gracious at 8+ months pregnant when she's ridiculous about something. 

@pennyandzooey I was soooooo tempted to get a doppler last time but then I figured I'd freak myself out if I couldn't find a heartbeat so I decided not to. Another reason I've heard for not getting one is that it can give you a false sense of security. If you're concerned something might be wrong it's better to go to a doctor who can assess you properly. If you have a doppler and get a heartrate at home you might not seek the help you need because "it sounds like everything is fine."
  • Megz1902Megz1902 member
    edited June 2019

EDD/Weeks + Days:  12/8  13w3d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out end of July-ish

Upcoming Appointments: I am in the middle of switching practices, but probably mid/end of June

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling really good for the most part. Nausea is basically gone, less tired than I was. Having some round ligament pain/stretching when turning over or sitting up suddenly.

Rants/Raves: I still feel like I just look fat. With my first, I didn't really look pregnant until 15 weeks, then didn't wear maternity pants until 26 weeks. I think I'll be in maternity pants sooner this time. That just aren't staying up right now, but regular pants are getting tight. Leggings and skirts and stretchy shorts/pants it is....

Questions: 

I dip my fries in tartar sauce when I am having fish and chips. I have been told it is weird, but I don't think so. 

@cpk3535 Yes, my feet are super dry right now. I need a pedicure so bad. 

@k_mama91 I have not had any sciatic pain myself, but a gal in my prenatal aqua-aerobics class last baby had it really bad. swimming twice a week and chiropractic care really helped her.

Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• @blueskychicago12 I’m adding the rude remark to my book! Lol ugh! 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 12/4 14 weeks!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue!!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/12

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I’ve been feeling really good! My nipples have been hurting. DH offers to help make them feel better 🙄 lol. My allergy headache has been pretty bad, but I can manage. I’m having dry skin too! I’m not used to it all. I’m thankful it’s humid instead of dry outside.

Rants/Raves: I’ve been planning my bffs bachelorette party. We’re going to Lake of the Ozarks. I’m very excited for it, but wish I could fully partake. Will be making Jell-O shots of just Jell-O for me! I’m a little nervous for the boat ride and choppy water.

Questions: Where have been your favorite places to register?

GTKY: What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I mean, I made and I’m currently eating a cilantro lime rice bowl, with shrimp with philly steak seasoning, cheese, ranch, and sriracha. I found what I hadn’t in the kitchen and put it in a bowl. Haha I need to go grocery shopping.  

• @baby_love7 Then, when I told my husband that someone made a rude remark about my wide hips, he told me I was "overreacting due to pregnancy hormones", and I think that statement also deserves a place in your book😆
    LoL at virgin jello shots.  Maybe make yourself some mocktails and stick a cocktail umbrella in your cup so you can feel festive!
  • @LM1007 Octopus eye might be the weirdest thing I’ve seen yet (for me, anyway!)

@nothingbutthrrain I’d feel the same way if I were in your shoes!

@pennyandzoey I don’t have a Doppler but have been toying with the idea of getting one. I’m too afraid of not being able to find the Hb and worrying over nothing.

@baby_love7 I don’t need much so the registries I’ve created are just so I can get a completion discount later. With my daughter, babies r us was my favorite. They had everything you could think of there. I liked it after she was born too because they were the only place that had holiday Dr. Browns bottles (which is what we used) and I loved them!

EDD/Weeks + Days: 14w3  Due 12/1

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: team pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/21

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I’ve got more energy and out of nowhere tonight I had some nausea. I had a headache off and on all last week so I didn’t post much. Missed you guys!

Rants/Raves: 

I’m doing amazing at work. It makes me nervous to leave on maternity leave- that I’ll forget things when I get back or things won’t be completed because my coworker just doesn’t have the experience/knowledge.  With my last maternity leave, none of my projects moved while I was gone. It made coming back easy! Haha

Questions:

Has anyone felt flutters? I swear I’ve felt them but haven’t felt anything for the past couple days, which makes me nervous because I subbed on my softball team Monday night. I only ran the bases once and someone ran for me the rest of the time. And, I played right field, so pretty much just stood there. What I ran was no more than what I’ve run chasing my toddler. Rationally, I know everything is probably fine, but I still worry.

In college, I used to make “hot sauce cheesy rice”. I’d make instant rice and then add cheese and Frank’s to it. It was like eating a microwave casserole with no meat or vegetables. It grossed my husband out but I think it’s delicious! I could go for a bowl right now! Haha!

• LM1007LM1007 member
    @sunshineandlemons I agree lol and if it was infront of me today, I wouldn't even think to try it. I was like 10 and would try anything. 

But I also only plan to make a registry, for the discount afterwards lol!! 
  • @sunshineandlemons I swear I’ve felt flutters here and there, but sometimes I can’t tell if I’m just feeling digestive bubbles and gurgling.  It seemed like since last pregnancy pushed everything around, I’ve definitely been able to feel digestive movement more than I ever did before pregnancy.  I've been looking at people's doppler advice, and I'm wondering if I should get one or not.  

• @cpk3535 I know. It’s hard to tell. I feel like I feel way more gurgles than normal with everything shifting upward to make room for baby. 

I don’t want to wish away time or this pregnancy but I will be so happy when I can feel the baby and be confident that’s what I’m feeling.
  • Well, today I show 15 weeks.  I can’t say I’m feeling much different- I feel like the morning sickness thing is pretty much gone and I’ve been able to shelve some of my dry foods to help my tummy.  I’m grateful for that, because I get digestive issues pretty easily.  Not much physical difference yet- no big surprise pop-out bump.  Still waiting on that!  On a side note, our family has been sharing our news with various people, mostly just close friends, family and some coworkers.  It’s funny- I don’t know if we come off as if we’re kidding, but some people (coworkers) don’t seem to believe us on our first attempt at sharing the news.  Too discreet I guess!