Group 2 Check in - week of 6/3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?

Re: Group 2 Check in - week of 6/3

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/15.  34w today

Baby is the size of a(n): Butternut squash

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, then weekly from there.

How are you feeling?: Fine. Anxious.  Fine.  Aches and pains are increasing.

Rants/Raves:  Baby shower is this weekend!

Questions: I should have a million, but I can't come up with anything.

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?

Ummmmm.... I'm nervous about everything.  I have no idea if we're ready on any level.  I can't believe this is going to actually happen.  Will I be able to handle it?

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/13 34 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Team:blue

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow. I think it's my group b strep test. Hoping to go over my birth preferences. 

How are you feeling?: Tired. Braxton Hicks all the time 🙄

Rants/Raves: My chiropractor told me today to have my dh work some of my back muscles. Yay! A good excuse to get more massages😁

Questions: none

Ugh too much🙄 This is my third, but my births have been so unpredictable.  Attempting a vbac and I think I have a pretty good chance. However, my labors progress super fast (up until pushing anyway) and the hospital is 30 min away. I just know I'll be the one to give birth in the car or hospital parking lot!

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34W+2

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments: this morning. Back in 2 weeks for growth scan and 36 week appt

How are you feeling?: fine mostly 

Rants/Raves:  appt this morning was nice and quick, but had trace protein in urine and elevated blood pressure for me, not technically out of normal range though. Trying to just stay relaxed since both of those could be a fluke

Questions: nope 

Nervous about getting to the hospital in time, but overall feeling pretty calm about everything. Just trying to enjoy the last few weeks since this is my last pregnancy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35 wks, 7/9

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team: green. Honestly not sure if do it that way again. 

Upcoming Appointments: acupuncture this week, midwife next. Somehow with kaiser we never go to weekly???

How are you feeling?: ok in the mornings, pretty uncomfortable by the afternoons  

Rants/Raves:  I’m adding to the to do list faster than we’re checking off, kevins been out of town  babymoon this weekend, nervous about all the stuff we should be doing instead and how DD will do- she’s been especially clingy 

Questions: 

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? How the 4yr old does, PPD, having just about anything set up. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34w 1d 

Upcoming Appointments: June 11 

How are you feeling?: not too bad! My exhaustion has kicked back in after 2 weeks of energy  

Rants/Raves: my baby shower was a flop and I’m still extremely upset with my family. Also stressing at the amount of things we have to get  on the bright side, I got my hospital bag packed  

Questions: 

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day? Just hoping my babysitter is available when I go into labor. Lol

• @erynpdx I'm curious, what about being team green don't you like?  I always thought I would be team green, but changed my mind once I got my BFP.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 34w

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal next week

How are you feeling?: OVER IT. Have had this nagging pain in my right side for 2 weeks. No one knows what it is for sure, just lots of things it isn't. I just want it to stop. Also I live in the bathroom now.

Rants/Raves:  Baby was head down and low at US yesterday! Tech said he would likely stay there because of how low he is. Hopefully! Also excited for a work baby shower tomorrow.

Questions: nope

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? Having a newborn to care for lol. Still having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. 

• acgxacgx member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 35+0, July 9

Baby is the size of a(n): lop bunny

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, then weekly after that. 

How are you feeling?: Kinda getting to the over it mentality. Bigger, slower, more tired and uncomfortable. Ankles and feet are swelling with the heat. Nothing super terrible but still. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave - Our house gets closer to being done every day. Rant - still not done. 🤦🤷

Questions: I feel like an idiot, but I can't really tell the difference between fetal movement and BH. Like I understand conceptually but I have a hard time telling what I'm feeling. I guess there's not really a question, outside of am I the only one? 🙄

I'm not super nervous. It's mostly things external to me/baby/L&D. I am hoping my house is done before she arrives. I hope she waits til at least 6/28 (bc of th way my work and pay is structured). And my MIL just told my husband that they plan on driving down here like ASAP after we tell them the baby was born, which hopefully won't stress me (or him) out too much, though I think it will. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: tomorrow marks 35 weeks! 

Baby is the size of a(n): honeydew melon... yum :)

Team: Pink <3

Upcoming Appointments: Next Growth US (due to marginal cord insertion) next Friday 

How are you feeling?: BIG! Uncomfortable. Usual activities are really starting to get difficult and that's making me grumpy. 

Rants/Raves:  Rants.... two people cut me in line today @ Dollar Tree. I'm sitting there with a giant belly and a talkative toddler, don't act like you didn't see me. Even worse, when I said something they both ignored me as if they couldn't see/hear me. Took everything in me not to throw a hormonal fit of rage. Rave - I got my car detailed and vacuumed yesterday and I'm still on a high from a clean car with the infant seat in :) Love checking things off my to-do list. 

Questions: Has anyone thrown a Sip-N-See before? I might've asked this awhile back. We are considering this for baby girl to try and keep visitors at bay for awhile. Thoughts?

I'm most nervous about learning to balance two at home! And not being able to get my usual tasks completed to due being so busy/recovering. Also ... I'm nervous about all of the pricks/prods that come with labor. The wrist IV and epidural are a total B*TCH. Not a fan of needles. Pushing a baby out is less nerve-wracking! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• @cindler, I just feel way more disconnected from this pregnancy than the first. I’m sure some of that’s external stuff, moving, work, second pregnancies in general, etc- but mostly when I’m actively thinking about it I’m grouching about how I feel or my energy level or how it’s going to change everything for DD- blah blah blah. I *think* if I had a sex to attach then this baby might feel a little less hypothetical or abstract if that makes any sense? Like it would be easier to get excited. To shop, pick names out, just visualize it all a bit more. I know that makes me sounds pretty awful- trust me I’ve had a shit ton of guilt around it, but that’s my thinking. 
  • @erynpdx I don't think there is anything to feel guilty about at all!  I can totally understand how carrying an "it" versus a "he" or "she" would change the realness of it all.  Just yesterday, I saw our baby's full name written out for the first time on the insurance form to have things in order to add her.  I texted a pic to DH and his response was that seeing that made it more real.

Hang in there momma.  In a few short weeks he/she will enter this world and I'm sure the surprise will be worth the wait!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Was July 15, but this guy is big! We’ll see about inducing a week or 2 early. Yes please!  😅

Upcoming Appointments: next weekend 

How are you feeling?:  Limping like a pro! Its the weight... circulation is decent. Wearing sneaks with my nightgown. No more videocalls for work! 😂 I have to get my feet up or lay down completely to keep my feet from total unwalkable meltdown by dinner!

Rants/Raves:  Rant: Maternity leave should put the whole last month of pregnancy as STANDARD. I never should have thought I could work like normal right now! Lucky to put in a half day...also lucky my job is cool.

Rave: Met our pediatrician last week and she spent an hour and a half with us! Plus vaccinated us! Loving the quality of care in this country that people raise eyebrows when we say we’re having the baby here instead of the US!

Questions: Nah.

Needles in the hospital. How long will they take the baby off for monitoring...I might get mama bear pissed if they give me shit about some standard time he’s got to lay in a plastic box by himself. 🤬 One hospital we are considering said 2 hours...not gonna happen. I’ll punch a nun! 😂 

Have a good week guys! For those on FB, I haven’t posted there yet cuz I gotta check my privacy settings, all that since Im FB rusty. Sort of busy with limping and working right now, so this is a easier to keep up with. 😉

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12 34+5

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: my first cervical check July 17th! Same day as my baby shower with coworkers

How are you feeling?: nausea has come back to accompany my fire breathing heartburn and my thyroid levels are way up so I'm exhausted but trying to power through.

Rants/Raves:  I'm currently getting a pedicure while enjoying one of their massage chairs in preparation and to just relax! So fantastic 100% recommended before putting your feet in the stirrups

Questions: anyone else feeling so unprepared and shocked at how fast this has gone by?

I'm not nervous about labor, been there can handle that but I'm nervous about if baby is gonna come early and just adjusting to life with 2 kids

• +1 to feeling unprepared... cuz I have all the crap but the nursery isn’t set up!! Depending on my ever procrastinating hubby to move the damn furniture from storage, etc. 🐌 Im so Virgo I just need all the stuff where I can find it before the baby is here screaming. Things will get ugly if I can’t find my nipple cream options! 😈
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  34w 5d

Team: 

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks from now, had one yesterday. Baby is facing head down, which is great but made me a little nervous - like it's almost time.

How are you feeling?: Okay.  More tired, acid reflux keeps getting worse, feeling really full most of the time and sometimes hard to breathe while sitting down just cause there's limited room in there.  Amazed at how my belly is visibly bigger every few days - finding work outfits is becoming a struggle, but I figure they should just be glad I'm there each day at this point.

Rants/Raves:  So glad the pool is finally open, because it's hot and humid already.

Questions:

GTKY:  I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?  This is my first, so I'm nervous about a lot... especially going through labor, and dreading postpartum recovery (not sure why I have let books/blogs/youtube scare me about this).  It's the unknown factor of how it will all go and how I'll feel that makes me nervous.

• @erynpdx we also were team green the second time. I loved it, except that I was convinced she was a boy lol. But I enjoyed the suspense and thought we'd always be team green. But we decided to find out with this one. I just decided it would be easier to know because we never had a summee baby. I think if we have a 4th one day, we'll go team green again lol. I guess I just enjoy mixing it up😊 But I do understand feeling not as connected when you don't know the sex!