Groups 3 & 4 Check-In (EDD July 16-31): Week of 6/3

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: (taken from Group 1) I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?

Re: Groups 3 & 4 Check-In (EDD July 16-31): Week of 6/3

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th // 33+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe

Team: Green!

Upcoming Appointments:  Thursday.  Last week's wasn't the best so I'm happy MH can join this week as his flight doesn't leave until the afternoon.  

How are you feeling?:  Crappy.  I weighed myself and i lost two pounds over the weekend.  I'm sure part of it was from puking yesterday, but i tried to make up for it later in the day.  I brought a ton of food to my client's today that i hope on eating small bits throughout the whole day. I don't do as well eating when MH is away so when he leaves Thursday I think i'll do my super simple meal plan of Chicken, broccoli, and a starch so i have good dinners prepared.   

Rants/Raves:  I'm feeling LO kick a lot more lately, so that's been nice! still want MH to be able to feel it, but hopefully that comes soon.  

Questions: should we combine and just have all weeks checkin now?

GTKY: I need to get through MH's final travels this month, I think his last trip is June 28-30th.

• hakelehakele member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 33+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Baseball Glove

Team: PINK (Mermaid!) 

Upcoming Appointments: We have baby skills class tonight!  

How are you feeling?: Still feeling really good. But I'm exhausted from all the work that I did around the house this weekend. It was SO MUCH work that I did. Cleaned out our garage and the baby room. So much moving things around to the crawl space, etc. Bless my husband. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave! My hubby gave me half of his closet for my dresses! Thank you hubby. They used to be stored in what is now the baby room.

Questions: 

GTKY: (taken from Group 1) I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches?

I'm most nervous about the fact that I don't have anything done... right now there is nowhere for her to sleep in this house. I need that bassinet and a crib or at least a pack n play. But right now, I have nothing! The baby shower is this Saturday, so I'm hopeful that it will help us get to that finish line now that we only have about 6 weeks to go. 

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24 / 32wk5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe - but belly feels like I'm carrying a small cow

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until 6/22 for L&D tour and then 36wk appt 6/27

How are you feeling?: Huge, tired and unmotivated.

Rants: Sleeping sucks, moving my belly around to switch sides feels like the biggest chore. My feet hurt when I wake up, but then get better throughout the day.

Raves:  We got the crib mattress yesterday, I just put away all the clothes in the dresser and closet. I also decided on a chair for the baby's room. I went with a more firm chair then a soft plush one. I figure its better to have the support while BF'ing then the soft chair. I could also go down to the couch if i want a soft place lol.

Questions: none

GTKY: (taken from Group 1) I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? Tearing. This is my newest fear and it's all I think about. My husband has a big head, like legit big lol. I'm so worried she will get his big ass dome and just tear me from end to end!!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27th, 32w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): asparagus

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Growth US and check up Thursday and first childbirth class Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Having some hip and back pain and tired.

Rants/Raves: Rave, we went to a concert this weekend it was SO AWESOME, had a blast and we made a weekend trip out of it. Rant, didn't realize that it was bleacher seating when we got tickets in October, so before we found out I was pregnant, so very uncomfortable and very hot.

Questions: 

GTKY: (taken from Group 1) I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? Kind of in the same boat as @hakele , shower is Saturday so we don't have a whole lot right now but I know next weekend will be good for getting things ready. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/33W4D

Baby is the size of a(n): weighs as much as a 2-liter bottle of pop (not soda: shame on you, TB! :tongue: )

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments: had my biweekly check-up this morning (HB 151!) and will have an ultrasound tomorrow. Was in L&D yesterday for spotting but all is fine. 

How are you feeling?: Better than yesterday--I think the L&D visit was a message from baby to not freak out and just power through this last month. Everything hit me at once after my shower on Saturday and I kept thinking, "I can't do this." But I know I can, and I have to. I made a list of everything that we need to do and it made me feel better to see it all visualized and in a format where we can check off and track our progress. 

Rants/Raves:  

Rave: my baby shower was great! The food was great, everyone had a great time, and baby has almost everything she needs now. It was definitely a redemption for my chaotic bridal shower.

Rant: I'm at the point now where I'm scheduling my appointments with so little notice that all my doctor has left are midday times. I'm gonna have no choice but to work from home on the day of my next appointment because it would take way too long for me to drive to work and back. (I live five minutes from the hospital and 25 from work.) Fortunately my boss is very understanding. 

Questions: in response to @blackhottamales , sure!

What am I not nervous about?! Work-wise, I still need to figure out my post-maternity leave benefits and train my replacement who won't be starting for two weeks. Baby-wise...I put together a 18-item list last night and I'm drawing a blank right now. Maybe it's better I forget about the list until I get home tonight ;) 

@blackhottamales Is your doctor concerned about your weight loss? I feel like at this point, losing two pounds isn't a huge deal, especially if you're feeling baby kick a lot and if you were sick. 

• @blackhottamales a "month" check in is probably a good idea. Also, hope that H's travel passes by quickly for you here soon! Mine travels for a night or two every other week or every week and it gets to be a lot, I know the pain!

• hakelehakele member
    @hestia14 OMG. You reminded me about something I'm stressing about! I am interviewing for a promotion. And everyone knows that I'm a shoe-in for the job. BUT, they aren't allowed to ask for an interim person for me until I have actually accepted the job. So that is great... I'm going to get about 10 days to train this person on all of my stuff. If I'm lucky. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 / 33w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): celery

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: June 4 - midwife

How are you feeling?: good for the most part, starting to feel more tired and needing a nap during the day.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: went to pittsburgh on the weekend to see the trevor noah show. it was great. DH and i had a great weekend exploring the city and tried out some new places to eat. kind of was our last hurrah before our new normal :) 

Questions: none ATM.

Like @jennm0724 i'm worried about tearing lol. prob easily one of my biggest fears surrounding the birth. i probably wouldn't be so worried if my DH wasnt a 9.9lb baby. i am hoping since i was relatively small and my daughter was also small (under 6lbs) that it will all balance out. :P so far baby has been measuring on track so im crossing my fingers!

@hestia14 glad everything is all good!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 20 - 33+2

Baby is the size of a(n): baby lion cub?

Team: girl

Upcoming Appointments: had my OB today and got to go for an ultrasound which was a pleasant surprise

How are you feeling?: good overall. Some aches and pains but manageable. I’ve started getting some cramping with my BH (feels like period cramps) which I could do without but it lasts for minutes at most so not  so bad I suppose.

Rants/Raves:  managed to bring DH with me to our last minute ultrasound. Baby girl is still a girl (I’ve been paranoid about that haha) and is weighing right on track at just under 5lbs

GTKY: (taken from Group 1) I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? How we’ll get to the hospital. DH only has his learners permit and hasn’t driven much. We’re planning on practicing over the next month but I’m starting to wonder if we’ll uber there haha (in seriousness a friend or my mum likely have enough time to get here, I’d just prefer not as I don’t want anyone at the hospital other than me and DH)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:July 18th 

Baby is the size of a(n): ferret

Team:Blue

Upcoming Appointments: midwife Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: exhausted, been doing so much physically with getting the new house ready to move in... deff did to much this weekend and ended up being awoken from sleep in agonizing pain from shin splints.

Rants/Raves: put my maternity notice in at work, going out at 38 weeks so i can have a little bit of time to rest/final touches on preparing for baby

My biggest fear right now is not being able to move into my house and having my baby while still living in my moms basement.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17 / 33W 6D

Baby is the size of a(n): Ferret

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Friday... regular OB check up.

How are you feeling?: Good but tired. Having a hard time getting comfortable at night. Becoming short of breath easily. Swollen.

Rants/Raves:  Rave- they found a temp replacement for me while I'm on mat leave at work. So glad. I'll have two weeks with her to train and feel good about leaving my work in capable hands! I have 3 more weeks left of work!! YAY!!

Questions: 

GTKY: (taken from Group 1) I can't believe we're already in the month that a number of us will be delivering! What are you most nervous about as the big day approaches? ... the obvious that I will be able to handle labor and delivery. More importantly I hope postpartum recovery, breast feeding and my emotional state goes smoother this time compared to DS #1. I also want to get some more freezer meals and baking in the freezer! Have a lasagna and zucchini muffins so far.

• hakelehakele member
    I'm not really sure if I got anything out of the baby care class I went to last night. Hopefully hubby got something out of it. 
    I was shocked by a few things. 
    1. There were 12 couples in the room and 1 was having a boy and 2 were team green. Everyone else was having a girl. That was crazy! 
    2. I felt awful because this other girl in the class got really upset when the lady in the class played baby crying sounds. Like she had to leave the room. 
    3. Of the other 12 couples, 3 people (2 of us mamas and 1 dad) had actually changed a diaper before. Few people had actually even held babies. I thought that was shocking. I have a lot of baby care under my belt from my little sister and babysitting and my nephews, that I was just floored. My husband has held his niece once, and I think one of the nephews once. That is it. But out of 24 people, the idea that more than half had not held a baby was crazy to me! 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @hakele
    It seems to me that the mom-to-be in your second bullet is going to have issues when her baby is out.  Babies cry a LOT. I kind of feel bad for her.

Also, I never changed a single diaper until after my first was born!  But I'm about to have my 4th baby so the tides have turned.
  • @hakele I can actually relate to the girl in #2. I played baby crying sounds for my cat to get her used to the sound and I started tearing up. I always cry when there’s a baby born on TV and they start crying for the first time. I think for me, it’s an empathy reaction. I’m thinking/hoping it will be different for my own baby. Or hopefully I’ll get used to it fast 😬
  • @hakele That's bizarre that almost everyone was having a girl! I must admit, I had never changed a diaper or hardly held a baby before I had my son. It made postpartum very surreal. 
  • hakelehakele member
    @Cbeanz I felt so bad for her that it affected her so much. I really hope that it is just the empathy thing like you are saying, @hestia14.  The teacher left the crying on for a while. And I don't think it was necessary for the class to keep it playing for that long. I didn't add anything other than making the discussion about how to handle crying more difficult to hear. 
    I hate to say this, but I honestly feel like the Red Cross Babysitter's Training (which I used to teach) does a better job of going over basic childcare skills. 
  • @hestia14 before DD I also tried playing crying baby sounds to my cat....

When the baby came, he didn’t seem to care much, was around, fairly normal but the real problem was when she became mobile....he now waits until her door is closed at night before coming out to cuddle....but DD loves him tons....
  • @blackhottamales I actually lost 3lbs last week. My doc mentioned it and I told her I think it’s the vomiting (not nauseous, Injudt eat and it doesn’t want to stay down so Inpuke and then eat again). She said it is probably my uterus being so high up and screwing with my digestive organs. She also said since baby is growing normally and 4lbs 3oz according to his growth scan she isn’t concerned. My mom also had the same problem with me and i was born July 25. Towards the end it didn’t matter if she ate she’d throw up. She lost 7lbs from her pre-pregnancy weight with me and I weighed in at 7lbs 1oz. So the number on the scale doesn’t mean baby isn’t perfectly normal. 

@hestia14 I say pop too 😂. My mom is from Michigan lol. I’m in AZ but it never felt right to say soda.

@hakele that’s nuts. I have held and changed many babies. Maybe they’re all from small families or disconnected ones? Because my family’s large. With my dad having 5 siblings, someone is always having a baby and if you hold it and it poops/pees, you change it 😂. Even my sister Terean who hates changing diapers and has zero kids will do it once in a while. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 25, 32w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Standard cereal box

Team: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: next Thursday with ob/gyn and doulas (separate)

How are you feeling?: Tired. So tired. I can hardly work 8 hours anymore. And I keep throwing up for no reason except that my organs are crammed in. That’s fun lol. But I’m so happy that little boy A is so active and interactive with me. Seeing that he has fat cheeks on an ultrasound and looking at his face made me calm and let go of the fear we wouldn’t bond after birth. I was genuinely scared one of us wouldn’t like the other but he’s beautiful and i almost cried.

Rants/Raves:  

Rave: more people than a I expected showed to my shower or sent gifts. It was really fun and a friend made me not one but TWO crocheted blankets with the rainbow theme I’ve been drawn to! I cried. It’s nice just feeling loved and supported but I also got really helpful gifts that I love. 

Rant: I posted it on Facebook but my mom popped off at the mouth at my cousin because she got annoyed and said something very racist. My cousin said her cousins were really pretty and one was in modeling and my mom was already arguing how my cousin’s uncles were ugly and who looked alike and who didn’t, etc. so in reply to my cousin’s claim my mom said something I’m having a hard time getting over “those girls are too DARK to be pretty.

My mom’s always said she wanted an actually black grand baby but apparently there’s a correct shade to her? And worse, I’m half black and my skin falls pretty center of the spectrum for mixed kids. My donor is a very dark black-Cuban. My son will be black. Probably blacker than my dad who’s not all that dark and maybe darker than my brother who is also only half but looks full black. If she ever thought let alone said something about my son’s skin color, I’mma go apeshit. 

She needs to apologize and she hasn’t yet. 

Questions: none really.

I’m nervous about what interventions I’ll actually end up getting. I have my plans but everyone’s like “just get the epidural” and I don’t want it. Also, little scared about my post-partum and pediatric care since I’ll be moving just a few days after baby is born. 
  • hakelehakele member
    @leylea89 I feel you about the epidural. I really do NOT want it. I don't respond well to anesthesia or analgesics. And I never have. And I just don't feel like also dealing with any potential complications with that is worth it. (I'm thinking, what if only half the epidural takes, then I can't get out of bed, but I get to suffer through the pain anyways with less coping options. I just don't want it.) 
    My neighbor was really nice about it. She has 2 kids and she did one with the epidural and one without and she said that she didn't think the epidural was worth it because she didn't really feel like it was much of a difference because both ways sucked! Hahaha. That was how she encouraged me to not get one. 
    Just have your plans. Know what you want to do. Have back-up plans for those plans and what would prompt you to change your decision. And then don't worry about it. 
  • @hakele thank you. That’s excellent advice! Several of my friends said they got the epidural but wish they would have waited because baby came only an hour later but they had no way of knowing that. 

And a few others are like you and didn’t respond to the epidural at all. I also don’t respond well to analgesics and the only thing that ever worked is when they put me out for my wisdom teeth. If I ended up needing a c-section, I’m not confident a needle in my back would do the trick anyway. If I’m awake, I’m probably going to feel it and that terrifies me more. 

I wish more more people were supportive like your neighbor. Why does everyone want to tell you that your idea of giving birth will be wrong? It’s almost like they feel I’m attacking them for their choice when I frankly don’t care because we all have very different bodies and pregnancies. 

End rant lol. I’m gonna do what you said and just keep my plans A through D and they can all suck it 😂.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member

leylea89 said:

Why does everyone want to tell you that your idea of giving birth will be wrong? It’s almost like they feel I’m attacking them for their choice when I frankly don’t care because we all have very different bodies and pregnancies. 

End rant lol. I’m gonna do what you said and just keep my plans A through D and they can all suck it 😂.
    You really said this perfectly. I believe moms perceive a lot of judgement when other women make different choices than they did for childbirth (and all things parenthood, beyond the delivery).  I think we are all trying so hard to do our best when it comes to our kids, and we are always second guessing our choices.  So when we see women make different choices that we did, we question whether we did the right thing.

I think this comes into play when women say things like "Don't try to be a hero."  It seems like an attempt to shame another woman for trying to do something that's challenging (going med free, breastfeeding, etc.).  Shaming other women for their choices is pure evil.  I think we need to find peace with our own choices so that we can be genuinely happy for others and congratulate them for what they accomplish, even when it's different from what we chose.
  • hakelehakele member
    @leylea89 one of the things they went over in my labor class is that there are two types of c-sections. One is an unplanned c-section where they have time to put in an epidural (generally it is about 30mins-60mins from the decision to have a c-section to the actual procedure). And there are those that are emergencies where they gotta take you NOW and don't have time to put in the epidural and then you have to have general anesthesia where they knock you out. The one where they have to knock you out is SO incredibly rare. I was trying to find stats, but I think it is less than 2% of all births have to go through that. 
  • @hakele That's so interesting regarding your class! I guess it makes sense, MH has only held a 6 week old baby because of niece but never any smaller and i don't think he's changed a diaper before.

@jennm0724 oh yeah...and tearing... I forgot about that.

@hestia14 I'm so glad everything is ok and you're feeling better now.  My doctor isn't concerned regarding weight loss yet.  But last week LO was measuring small so i was working on increasing my nutrients.  I still haven't really gained for this pregnancy.  So at this point it's more I'm nervous i'm not getting enough calories (good calories) to LO to help them grow!

@leylea89 Yeah, i think the difference is just because i had the growth scan last week and LO measuring at only 6% so that's why i'm concerned.  Yep, i'm also still under my starting weight so hoping to gain a little as would make me feel more confident that i'm helping LO meet their needs.  I'm less focused on the actual weight gain or loss vs am i providing baby enough nutrients to grow.  I'll find out more when they do another test tomorrow--hopefully it was just the inaccuracy of the ultra sound that caused the low reading.  That's so wonderful you had so many people show up to celebrate you little boy!! And i totally agree--you keep you plans and do what is best for you and everyone can suck it!
  • Lol thanks everyone for the support. 💙. @Cbeanz so true. A lot of people think i’m judgy because I have a fairly non reactive face but the truth is, I don’t care as long as you and your child/ren are safe and happy. 

@blackhottamales I’m sorry the ultrasound is stressing you out. Hopefully baby gets nice and plump soon. I read your calcium intake can affect how quickly little one grows on one of my other apps. Hopefully baby is all good at your next test.

@hakele that’s interesting. I honestly don’t know how I will react in that situation. The idea of the epidural might make me panic too much to allow it in time for a c-section. I’m trying really hard to come to grips with it’s possibility but it honestly gives me extreme anxiety. It’s still nice to know the statistic on it.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/31 / 32 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a ruler, but she keeps stretching to see how long she can get. Oof! Stop that, young lady!

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments:  OB appt yesterday. I was told to put my feet up and drink more water to reduce swelling. Also, baby is currently head down. Fingers crossed she stays put!

How are you feeling?: Glad to move is over, ready to be done unpacking stuff. Need to get back to cooking at home instead of relying on fast food. 

Rants/Raves:  So glad to be done with the actual moving of boxes/furniture. So glad a decision has been made about my job (not happy to be applying for the new job instead of taking severance, but at least I've made a decision).

Questions: 

GTKY: Nervous about baby's room not being done in time. The former owner of our house used some weird paint on the walls that made our new paint not adhere super well when it was being applied. DH doesn't want anything touching the walls for a few more weeks to ensure paint dries really well. Cutting it so close!!

• @leylea89 Oh my goodness! Sending you positive vibes to deal with that situation. 

@hestia14 Its pop!
  • @leylea89 @fromcatstokids Funny story about soda vs. pop: my California uncle visited my family one time and ordered "soda" from a restaurant. The waiter brought him a glass of plain soda water! :D 
  • 😂 @hestia14 that’s funny! I believe it though. Gotta be careful where you are.
  • I’m west coast, it’s soda lol! 
  • @jennm0724 maybe we can all just agree to call it by the flavor or brand ‘coke’ ‘pepsi’ ‘orange’ ‘fanta’ ‘sprite’ etc.? 😂.