December 2019 Moms

Heartbroken at 9 weeks

I was 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant. This past week I knew something was wrong.

Pregnancy symptoms that had been in full force were suddenly gone. I had this burst of energy, found the morning sickness just disappeared and the rock hard sensitive boobies were gone. No bleeding, no cramping, just this sense of emptiness. 

Instead of waiting to see my doctor and go for blood results, I went to emerg at my local hospital and was treated immediately with blood work and urine sample. The ultrasound confirmed no major issues were happening inside, and they booked me the following morning for more ultrasounds. 

I went back the following morning and was treated quite quickly, had the ultrasound where they took a couple photos and then sent me back to triage to register and wait for my results. 

They confirmed my worst nightmare, that our baby no longer had a heartbeat. And after waiting 5 hours to see the OB, I decided to deal with it at home and take the medication to trigger the miscarriage. 

The next 2 days after were horrible. The worst thing to ever have to go through. Painfully and emotionally. It's been really hard on my husband to see me this way. 

I got this tribute tattoo to our Baby T that I will forever love, but never got the chance to hold. I really hope that we can grow from this and try again one day.

Something that was so exciting and so amazing was so quickly taken away from us and I think I'll forever be in fear of it happening again. 

Re: Heartbroken at 9 weeks