August 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Friday 5/31

How'd you do this week? Goals for next week?

Image result for rhobh workout gif

Re: Fit Mama Friday 5/31

• hemlheml member
    After a little scare last Friday, my dr told me to take it easy. So, this was definitely not a productive workout week. I plan to do an easy prenatal yoga youtube session after work today, get some pool time in tomorrow, and go for a walk on Sunday. At my Tuesday appt, I'll check and see if I can add barre classes back in. 
  • Loading the player...
  • hemlheml member
    @lovelikestardust I like just finding short prenatal barre or yoga classes on youtube. Free and easy!
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @heml I hope you get the all clear
    @lovelikestardust In my last pregnancy all I did was walk daily and I am positive it helped me during the pregnancy and post partum

I finally got back to the peloton this week and did two workouts and have one planned today.  We were in San Diego over the long weekend and we walked quite a bit each day as well.  It gave me some motivation to get back on track.  Now that the weather has warmed up and our neighborhood lap pool is open, I'm hoping to swim or even walk some laps in the pool a couple days a week.  
  • sw1122sw1122 member
    @heml - I hope your Tues appointment goes well and you're able to resume your workouts.

Went on a short hike on Sunday and then a 5 mile run on Monday. Haven't made it to the gym since then and have been tired and moving slower this week. I just need to remind myself that any activity makes me feel better to drag myself out of bed in the mornings a few days a week for a workout.
  • My BH have been horrible when too active. But I’ve still been walking a ton on the regular and did 2 barre classes this week. Aiming for 2 next week. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @AKuzReve - My BH get really bad when I'm active as well. I found that drinking gatorade during workouts helped significantly, but now that I probably have GD, I'll need to find a no sugar/low carb beverage or just up my water intake during workouts.
  • @heml yikes, sorry about the scare. Hope all is well and you can get back to your normal soon
    @lovelikestardust I agree, try youtube or if you have Amazon Prime I know I've seen some workouts there as well. any movement is better than none and I'm sure your dog appreciates the walks too. 
    @mrosek91 GL getting your workout in. Stay strong. you've got this! 
    @mkrel I'm envious of those with easy access to a pool. There is one at my gym, but it would be much nicer to have to drive to get to it! 
    @AKuzReve getting in 2 classes and walking sounds like a win to me!

It's been a while since I've checked in here, mainly because Fridays have been so crazy lately. I managed to get to my prenatal fitness class twice this week. Goal for next week is to get to yoga at least once and the prenatal class twice. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @sw1122, I have GD too and I drink so much water (3-4L per day). The stairs that I have to climb a million times a day doesn’t help either. I’m already at 10 flights of stairs today and I didn’t do much since I WFH. 

• Can those with GD drink Powerade Zero? It's no carb but I have no idea if it would somehow mess with the numbers due to artificial sweeteners. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• mkrelmkrel member
    @purplg8r Not going to lie, my 30 week belly makes it much more difficult.  I raised the handlebars as high as they go and sit straight up a lot only using the handlebars occasionally when I'm sitting, but mostly just for riding out of the saddle! I figure anything is better than nothing.  
  • sw1122sw1122 member
    @sourlemon - I thought about Gatorade/Powerade zero and I hope there aren’t a lot of carbs! I need to make a trip to the grocery store tomorrow and spend some time looking at nutrition facts
  • @sw1122 Powerade zero says less than 1 per serving. I drink 2 or 3 of the big bottles a day...been doing that since DH and I were training for marathons and never stopped. My concern would be if artificial sweeteners affect blood sugar...I just have no idea.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• cato99cato99 member
    My parents visited last weekend and we did A LOT of fancy cooking and eating, and I was worn out from the visit so I skipped exercising on Monday for the first day in recent memory, so I wanted to be a little harder with exercise this week! My hikes are usually 1 hour but I had time in my schedule to bump them up to 2 hours pretty much every day (Tuesday-today). I also had prenatal yoga today and will start going twice a week now. After that week of heavier exercising I was tired in a good way but I’m really feeling great. 
  • @cato99, this is amazing! I think the more you work out, the better it may feel. I might try kicking up my activity and see if that helps the BH. After exams this week, I am free. I’ve been taking the dog to the park 2 times a day for 30-60 min walks but I may kick up my walking. 

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @sourlemon - it doesn’t look like artificial sweeteners affect blood sugar levels and that most sweeteners are diabetes friendly and pregnancy safe. Thanks for flagging - glad I looked into it
  • hemlheml member
    Thanks @mrosek91@mkrel @sw1122 @Avrilmai I know my dr was being overly cautious, but I'm quite alright with that.

@purplg8r So fun that y'all are dressing up and 5King today! Hope your shower is amazing.

@sw1122 I've been drinking a ton of Gatorade zero, and I always feel so much better after so hopefully that works with your GD!

• cato99cato99 member
    @AKuzReve being on an academic schedule and being DONE with classes or teaching or exams makes such a huge difference. That’s exactly the reason I was able to expand my hikes!