January 2020 Moms

Nausea Remedies

Since most of us around here have hit the nausea phase, tell us what your tricks are? What are you using to combat the nausea?

Re: Nausea Remedies

• I'm trying to eat small snacks during the day and using B6+Unisom at night. I take 100mg of B6 and 12.5mg of Unisom. The regular dosage is only 25mg of B6 but I couldn't find that in stores, and I've been using B6 to raise my progesterone levels for about 4 months prior to getting pregnant.
  • These are working well. I don’t have anything crazy going on, but these help when I get some queasiness. I found them at target.

• Loading the player...
  • Water and saltines are getting me through life at the moment. 
  • My midwife told me to smell lemons. Not eat them necessarily, just smell them. My therapist said the same. I am probably too lazy, however, to follow through with obtaining lemons.
  • @Xstatic3333 - That actually worked for me last pregnancy, for about 2 days. Then I had to step up my game and try other stuff.
  • Lurking from Sept BMB

These were a godsend, plus I found eating small snacks that were protein + carb rich were the best to curb nausea. I liked peanut butter toast, regular toast + organic chicken sausage (apple gate brand), carrots and hummus, and almonds. Plus prego pops (raspberry flavor) really helped when nothing else worked. Good luck ladies!!! 

https://www.amazon.com/doTERRA-Peppermint-Essential-Oil-Beadlets/dp/B007TYXYF8/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=essential+oil+mints&qid=1559242830&s=gateway&sr=8-6

• jacerujaceru member
    Eating small snacks/meals even when I think I am not hungy or can't eat. I have been eating crackers, peanut butter, fruit snacks. Staying away from meat since that seems to make things worse. I also swear by drinking regular coke. Sparkling lemon water sometimes helps too. 
    Diclegis was my savior during my last pregnancy and I might ask for that again at my first appointment next week. 
  • @jaceru - I loved my Diclegis last time, but then I read that B6 and Unisom are the active ingredients in Diclegis. You could try that in the meantime?
  • jacerujaceru member
    @marebear15 yeah, I know. I think I am just too lazy to go to the store. I am also not sure if I want to take any medications but I might have to in order to survive at work 
  • I have night nausea so I find it I eat a good amount during the day and not before bed I can make it through the night. Also lemon water and ginger or smelling lemons is great but it’s nots not like you’re going to carry a lemon around haha. Honestly I haven’t found much help to it, water makes it worse 
  • peppyj9peppyj9 member
    I haven't had much nausea yet, but before pregnant, for upset stomach I would suck on a peppermint candy or ginger candy or drink peppermint or ginger tea and it always helped so if/when nausea hits that will be my first go to. 
  • @peppyj9 I find peppermint makes me worse for some reason! I tried all sorts of ginger things when pregnant with dd & whilst it didnt make it any worse, Im not entirely sure it eased it any either. 
    All to say, I just have to ride it out which sucks 😕
  • Sea bands, preggie pops, and crackers. All dayyy

Pregnancy Ticker

• I’m finding myself getting nauseated if I haven’t eaten in the last 2 hours, so the remedy has been constant snacking. I’m going to gain 1000 pounds this pregnancy. Totally didn’t have this symptom with DD. 
  • @EmilyE13 +1 to that. I just have to snack constantly even if not hungry then I'm okay. I hope I don't gain a hundred pounds 😬