Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 05/27/2019

edited May 2019 in Trouble TTC
Hello, hello! A start of another week- hope it only brings good thing and nice weather wherever you are! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What was your favorite school field trip as a child? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  Dx: irregular cycles/mild MFI Rx: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI         

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: Clomid 

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI

@littleredm - Dx: endometriosis/unexplained Rx: IVF

@optimism3 - Rx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?   

Re: TTC Check-in: 05/27/2019

• hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited May 2019
    Hello ladies,

Here we are into another week! Hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend (weddings and parties and all)! Anyone find a special way to show themselves or their DH some extra love and support?

I had such a crazy week at work I was reading along with all your ups and downs and chimed in a couple times but didn't get a full catch up in. Lots of good progression happening for those doing IUI and IVF this cycle. Sorry to hear about those going through the crappy let down of AF arriving.

@2dogsmom I didn't get a chance to send you some "love" last week after you got sidelined. I'm so sorry they forced you into a "off" cycle by not having your meds ready. You're so right to try to make it into a positive but I totally sympathize with the flip side of those feelings. That's got to have been really aggravating! 

@cigaline I'm with you on the tired!!

AFM I'm exhausted. Like truly beyond normal fatigued. 8pm and I can barely keep my eyes open since about 6-7DPO. I am continuously trying to hammer into my head that it's the progesterone as it IS a side effect. I've been off-on crampy since about 5dpo and that's increased in the last couple days so that I almost feel like AF might be coming. Because the cramps are not long or very forceful I am not expecting it any second but this would be about when I would normally be winding down to AF (11-12 DPO). I'm just not sure if breakthrough bleeding is really that common while using Crinone? I tried doing a bit of research but anecdotally it seems about 50/50 for people breaking through before their 14DPO beta test.

As you can see at some point over the weekend when the fatigue and cramps really caught up to me I went full swing symptom spotting. It's going to be a long few days waiting for Thursday's blood draw unless I can find a way to flip the switch on my brain.

I think this week I am going to plan a couple acupuncture appointments at our local community acupuncture clinic and then need to pick out a couple good movies for some quiet evenings. Any suggestions? Anyone have anything fun planned for the week?

ETA: A good week to remember this meditation: Live Awake - Learning to Surrender (Sarah Blondin) (youtube) https://youtu.be/BFwT_r4b57c 

QOTW: Favourite school trip was probably when we would visit the local Iroquois  village where you could tour the long houses and see how they lived and ate. Zoo trips were always fun too.
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • sara_torysara_tory member
    edited May 2019
    Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had some fun distractions this past weekend! Good luck to all of you on tests and procedures 🙂
    @hithertorue exhaustion is a frustrating thing to deal with. Personally I find it hard to manage stress or get things I need to done when my brain is half asleep. Having some quiet nights and lots of rest sounds like a good plan! With the cramping and abnormal fatigue, it's natural you'd be symptom spotting. It's impossible not to! FX for you. Mindfulness meditation keeps me sane too. I read a really good book by Sharon Salzberg that got me back into my routine lately. Thanks for sharing that link :)

AFM, just on my way home from the IUI. I was in and out in 25 min, so that was good. And no fingerprints asked for ;)
    The cramping was uncomfortable,  and took her a lot of tries to position the speculum properly, but it died down about 15 min post procedure. The sample after the sperm wash was 9 million, 60% forward motility (is that good?). Ok, now on to the 2WW! 
    I have a 1 year old in a stroller right beside me on the subway though. Just not what I want to see atm 😢

QOTW we had a week long trip to a national park (summer camp type idea). We did a lot of orienteering, hiking, leaning about plants and animals, indoor rock climbing. It was pretty cool and better than the classroom! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hithertorue surprisingly I don't think I had any major side effects on progesterone, except for maybe some bloating. Hope things calm down and go fast for you this week!

@sara_tory I would probably consider your sperm numbers ok, but not great. My first 2 IUIs we had less than 4mil motile sperm. Progression though I think wasn't great on ours (like rated medium to poor). IUI #3 though we had 17mil motile with good progression. My RE likes to see at least 5mil motile sperm post wash. Other REs might have a different threshold.

AFM, still chugging along on the Lupron. Finished the BCP on Saturday. The worst side effect I have is the itching after injection but it goes away after a few minutes. Been gassy lately, but not sure if that's a side effect. I go in on Thursday for baseline BW and US before we move forward with the stims meds!

I also asked my boss about FMLA/taking an unpaid day off for the procedure (while being as vague as possible lol) and instead of having to deal with that since he wasn't sure about any of it or if some kind of doctor's note is required, he just told me to take a sick day so I don't have to worry about it. Score! I plan on doing the same thing for the FET the following month.

QOTW: What was your favorite school field trip as a child?
    Man I can't remember a lot of them. I know we went to a water park once because that's where I brokey toe lol. I think we went to the science museum once too which was cool.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Hi all! 

@hithertorue it’s good to hear I’m not the only one with the exhaustion! My symptoms sound very similar to yours. Had some strong right-sided pinching at 4-5DPO (a bit like I had before ovulation and I know both my follicles were on the right side) and some light cramping at 6DPO. Today I’m 7DPO and I felt really terrible until about 4pm, a bit nauseous (I do tend to get that in the luteal phase though) and totally lacking in energy. Monday morning is my working from home time when I’m supposed to get report writing and admin done. Needless to say, it was not very productive and I was so tired after lunch I took a nap before going out. The worst thing with tiredness is that psychology plays such a role - part of my brain keeps telling me the tiredness is the product of my imagination and I’m just being self-indulgent by giving in to it - which unsurprisingly makes me feel worse!

What type of progesterone are you taking? Sorry, you may have said but I’ve forgotten. Fingers crossed for your beta, it’s very soon now!

@sara_tory sorry to hear you had such an uncomfortable experience with the IUI but your stats sound really good! We never got told ours, hoping it might be in the final report they’re supposed to send us.

AFM, I’ve been trying to find office space to rent for 2 days a week somewhere near where we live so I can stop trekking out to the joint practice near where we used to live (an hour away on public transport). I’m a speech therapist, by the way, and half my week is in private practice. By a stroke of luck, an office has become available 5 minutes up the road, which would be perfect, but I need someone to share the rent as I couldn’t afford it full-time. The hardest bit is what to do if the ever-distant but potentially near maternity leave comes to pass. If I give up my rental contract I’ll have to start from scratch again when I go back to work. Unless I get a replacement but for a part time job that will be pretty tricky to find I think. 

Anyway, I’m sure that dilemma is not particularly interesting to the rest of you but it’s taking up a lot of my thoughts! Are any of you self-employed? And/or do you have a plan for managing financially on mat leave? I know American maternity leave is not very generous (don’t know about Canada). 

QOTW: does field trip mean any trip? I only remember one trip which we called a field trip, and it was a geography trip to Wales when we had fun standing in rivers measuring the speed with an orange, and counting how many storeys buildings in town had. We also had a week long activity trip where we did more adventurous things like abseiling and kayaking. But I probably most enjoyed the trips abroad to places like France and Spain (funny that)...
  • @inthewoods23 our replies crossed over I think. That's exciting that you're starting stims etc on Thursday! And great that your boss has made things easy for you by telling you to take sick leave. We don't get paid for the first 3 days of sick leave here (outrageous right?) AND you have to get a doctor's certificate from day 1 so that wouldn't work for me...

Funnily enough, I've just got back and found the report with our statistics in the post! It says 40% progressive motility, 36 million/ml, and 7 million progressive sperm inseminated (doesn't specify fast/slow). So based on what you've said, we're also ok (though a long way off your 17 million - I remember you mentioning at the time but didn't realise quite how good that was!)
    Anyway, @hithertorue 60% progressive is definitely good in my book (my info says > 30% is within norms). But I'm uncertain whether your stats mean 60% of 9 million were progressive, or was it 60% of the whole and then they inseminated 9 million? If it's the second that's pretty good. We weren't given any figures from our gynaecologist, but the 2014 study I've just found also gives 5 million as the cut-off mark for good success rates: 16% from 1-5 million, 18.4% from 5-10 million and 18.8% for > 10 million. 

• @inthewoods23 that must be a relief you got the time off work as a sick day sorted! Glad they are being reasonable and accommodating. 
    Good luck as you move into the stim stage in your IVF cycle! Getting the baseline stats will hopefully feel like a concrete next step. 

@cigaline exhaustion can be really debilitating and affects everything you try to do! I haven't been put on progesterone, but I have significant fatigue as a result of other health conditions so I can really relate to the frustration of trying to get things done but feeling like you're having brain fog. I hope the side effects reduce soon so you can finish work tasks more easily! 
    I can relate to the dilemma of making commitments for work while wandering about mat leave. I work from home creating online content for health websites and educational course material for health improvement courses. At the moment I am working freelance but want to switch into  a salaried position as a health educator. However that requires a year long commitment with set hours per week in the morning. I've been putting that off until fertility treatments are over but it's frustrating not to know whether I should just go ahead and do it because the treatments will take forever or if I could be pregnant in 2 days! All my hours are always in the morning and I couldn't get away if I was in the educator position. So I'm stalled.
    I hope you find someone to rent the office space with! Can you rent it for 6 or 9 months, or cover the cost if it was 12 but you left by 9? Sounds tricky but really hope you figure it out and get the place near you.

Thanks for sharing the study and your own results! It's helpful to know after 5 million it doesn't make a difference. I think the results were 100 million total,  of which 9 million were inseminated. I think the inseminated sample was 60% forward motility ... but maybe I got confused and she meant the original 100 million sample. Either way it's really reassuring to get a reference point.

Good luck everyone with wherever you are in the process ❤❤

• @sara_tory was the 100 mil maybe the pre-wash number? My reports would show pre and post wash total/ml, motility %, progression rating, and then total motile
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Finally able to sit down and go through updates:

@hithertorue - I would totally be symptom checking big time if I was experiencing what you were experiencing. I’m really hoping those symptoms mean something really good! Only a few more days till Thursday!! Do you know if you find out the same day for your results or a couple days after? 

For movie suggestions, one of my favorite movies on Netflix is “The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.” It’s a New Zealand film that is both a comedy (pretty dry Kiwi humour) and also a pretty heartwarming, feel good film. Hope you find some good movies to just chill with and that your acupuncture appointments go well and help with relaxing over the next few days!

@sara_tory - glad to hear your IUI went well overall, minus the discomfort. It sounds like you had pretty good results - hope this is the one for you! Hope you have a lot of pleasant things to keep your mind occupied during the TWW! And, ugh, I love babies and all, but sometimes the last thing I want to see is a baby nearby. 

@inthewoods23 - good luck at your US on Thursday. It must feel good to finally be done BCP and to be heading onto the next step soon! Also, nice of your boss being flexible like that; having supportive employers (even if they don’t really know that they are being supportive) with this whole thing makes it just a little bit easier to deal with all this. 

@cigaline - really hope that those symptoms of yours are a sign of good things as well!! Although at the same time they would drive me crazy! When do you go for BW? 

The whole office space dilemma sounds overwhelming! Although not the same situation, I’ve found myself trying to balance taking opportunities at work and also wondering if I should hold back just because maybe this month I’ll get pregnant. I lean more towards just living my life, but easier said than done. I’m not self-employed, so I imagine there are a whole lot of other things to consider with self-employment and trying to figure out maternity leave. We’re pretty spoiled in Canada when it comes to mat leave in that the two main options are a 12 or 18 month mat leave (although, of course, some people are only able to take a shorter leave for financial reasons). The benefit rate for the 12 month option is 55% of your average weekly earnings, whereas the 18 month option means you receive a lower rate of 33%. I think Europe has a better system than us if I’m not mistaken. I really feel for those in the States as I think you ladies don’t get much at all  :(

@chiblackhawkie - hope your US goes well this Wednesday!! 

@optimism3 - hope the cyst isn’t causing any problems and you can still move forward with your IUI! 

@blackrose-9 - been thinking of you! Hope things are continuing to progress nicely!!! 

@2dogsmom - hope you have a lot of nice, relaxing things planned for this “break” month! 

@littleredm - hope the wedding went well! Any crazy stories that came out of it? 

AFM: had a pretty good weekend. I attended a half-day mindfulness retreat focusing on self-compassion in meditation. Was very rejuvenating and needed. No crazy symptoms. Or any symptoms at all really. I had some period like cramping on 8DPO so of course I googled implantation cramping and got hopeful. I’ve never really experienced any symptoms during the TWW which I guess can be a good thing so I don’t get as hopeful. Time is still going by very slowly though...ughhhh. BW is next Monday so just waiting till then (or until I get AF). 

*TW* Had a pretty low point on Friday. DH’s cousin and his wife just had their baby girl. That in itself didn’t bother me, but it’s the fact that they named her the one girl’s name that I have loved for years and have always imagined using. For some reason that really ruined my day. It feels like infertility has stolen so much from me already (hope, confidence, plans for the future, etc) that having a name “stolen” just is the bitter cherry on top. Saying that though, we’re still going to use the name if I’m ever pregnant with a girl; we see his cousin maybe twice a year tops, so it’s not like we’re close or anything. Anyways, maybe I’m just being too sensitive, but I’ll blame the TWW for my feelings. *end of TW*

QOTW: sounds like a lot of us liked the outdoor field trips! (@cigaline - I’m jealous of your European trips!) I think one of my favorite ones was going to a nature reserve/park and going kayaking and doing different outdoor activities. Nothing like spending a day out in nature running around!  
  • Oops 🙊 I forgot there’s a new thread for this week! Just posted in the old one accidentally!

quick question ladies- how many IUIs would you do before you move forward with IVF? Obviously it is a personal choice and dependent on each persons fertility situation but would like to hear from some opinions. 

As you may know, I’ve completed 2 iUi cycles... one in Nov 2018 and one in March 2019. I’m preparing to start IVF next month... I would have liked to do maybe 1 more round of IUI but because my insurance stopped covering them, I figured I should just go on to the big guns as I’m getting impatient. Now that I’m getting really close, I don’t have cold feet necessarily but part of me does wonder if I should attempt a 3rd IuI. Or am I just wasting time? My husband has high sperm count but low motility and morphology. I have a dilated tube issue... it seems like IVF would be a slam dunk... 🤔
  • @nancinator my RE originally said 3, then when #3 failed they started saying to do 4 before IVF. We have low morph as well and everything I read online says that's an immediate path to IVF.

With your low motility too I would feel IUI is pointless since it relies on the sperm being able to reach the egg. Doesn't matter his count, if it can't get there you're most likely not going to be successful.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nancinator - hey! Saw your post on the old board. I think that makes sense wanting a break before heading onto IVF. Just to have a breather. Yeah, I’m in the TWW. Getting BW done on June 3rd to determine if the first IUI worked or not, but also expecting AF to show up at the same time, so we’ll see what comes first (hopefully not AF at all!)

In regards to how many IUIs I’d do before IVF, I’m planning on doing 3 as recommended by my clinic. And I think at that point I would be ready to head to IVF. I hope you find what works best for you, but I also agree with @inthewoods23 that IVF sounds like it may be a better fit just because of the MFI components. I’ve heard before too that IVF is the best, go-to treatment when it comes to MFI factors, so really hoping it will be a slam dunk like you said!! 
  • Hi All! Disjointed week here catching up now. 
    Hope everyone is hanging in there.

@hithertorue hope the time is going more quickly. When do you get to test? I’m about to head into the TWW and remembering how antsy I get despite my best efforts - hope the symptom spotting isn’t too maddening.

@cigaline any decisions on the rental? Definitely easy to feel like you’re in limbo during this - future plans can feel uncertain. Sure you’ll make the best decision for you. 

@inthewoods23 just a note that just asking about FMLA triggers it’s protections against retaliation and that even though your boss is well-intentioned he needs to provide FMLA if you ask for it and qualify. I only say this because if he later takes any steps against you you can raise that. Also, FMLA generally applies to employers with 50 or more employees - assuming you work somewhere within 75 miles of sites where your boss employs 50 or more people you’re maybe eligible. Just some general information based on my job experience (not specific legal advice)- employment law is my jam 😋

@nancinator sure you made the right choice. Respect for everyone’s choices of course, but at 5 IUIs I feel like cutting to IVF if it’s covered is a great option.

AFM: IUI scheduled for tomorrow. I have very low expectations for this one, but am still being hit suddenly by the emotion of all of it (sure the injects are helping lol). The TWW can just be so brutal. I know it defies my name on here but thinking my best bet is to expect a no and just ignore it as much as possible. We’ll see how well I can do that lol. Had acupuncture last night though and that was great. Recommend it to anyone who isn’t doing it - even just for the stress reducing effects. Also, my endo pain is almost non existent now so for anyone with endo I’d say it can be amazing. 

Last question/comment - it looks like my cyst is paratubal. The internet says those can follow unsuccessful pregnancies but we didn’t even try last month because my TSH was high - we were careful to avoid ovulation. Anyway - anyone ever have one? Did it go away? I’ve had other cysts but not a paratubal

QOTW: amusement parks! 

• @hithertorue FX for you this cycle. The 2ww is always the hardest part of any cycle because it feels like forever and it's so hard not to symptom spot. I'm sure the exhaustion is tough to deal with too. Thank you so much for sharing the meditation!
    @sara_tory I'm so glad that your IUI went well. It's always hard seeing babies or pregnant women unexpectedly. Sorry that you had to deal with that. :( 
    @inthewoods23 I hope that your baseline goes well today! Looks like we will probably be starting stims the same time. I'm starting them tomorrow night. Did you end up getting a mini period after you stopped bcp? So glad that your boss let you take the day off for the procedure!
    @cigaline I hope that you're able to find somebody to share the office space with near you! That week with all of those outdoor activities sounds like a great opportunity for young kids to get outside and like it was a ton of fun!
    @sincethelastday I hope that the rest of the week/weekend speed by so that Monday gets here quickly for you! I totally understand about having the name that you wanted used, that happened to me too (my friend didn't know it was a name I'd picked out) and I get how devastating it can feel. The wedding was beautiful. It was my first Jewish wedding that I've attended so it was really fun to watch the dance where they're lifted in the chair at the reception. My friend also honored my father (who passed away in December) during the ceremony by lighting a candle and it meant so much to me for him to do that.
    @nancinator I did two IUI cycles before deciding to move to IVF. I was advised to go straight to IVF by my RE but at the time didn't have the money since my insurance won't cover any fertility treatments. Many clinics do recommend 3 IUI's before moving to IVF. Have they given you any advice on the matter. My personal opinion, given what you shared with us, I think it's smart to move to IVF over the IUI. Wishing you the best of luck with whatever you end up deciding to do moving forward!
    @optomism3 I hope that you IUI goes well today! I've thought about trying acupuncture but I'm so needle phobic that it's deterred me.

AFM, Finished my bcp on Monday and had my baseline on Tuesday. Blood work came back good so I got the go ahead to start my stims tomorrow evening. They did see some endometriomas on my ovaries and will likely have to go through them for the ER which increases the chance of infection so the plan is to put me on antibiotics for a few days before/after the ER. My brother's gf is visiting from Japan and will be coming over to the house later this evening so that should be fun.

QOTW: I used to love zoo trips. I also remember spending the night at a museum which was really fun, although that might have been with a youth group instead of school. It all kind of runs together.

• Hello again!

Today is a bank holiday here for Ascension day, so feeling a bit disorientated and keep thinking it's Saturday already... new symptoms include feeling really hungry for a couple of days, and having a stiff neck (now mostly gone). I went to bed really early on Monday and felt SO much better afterwards. Haven't been sleeping at all well this cycle (think the meds have something to do with it) so maybe it was just the accumulated sleep deficit that got me. 

@sincethelastday Canada's mat leave sounds very good! Glad they encourage women to take at least 12 months off. In the UK it's rare to take less than 9 months unless you're self-employed. I was shocked when I moved here at how many women return to work after only 3 months - of course the free creche provision helps to encourage that, but I just can't imagine wanting to myself. The UK is a bit more generous than France financially but not hugely. Here you get about 3 months full pay and then a little bit more. So actually Canada tops both if you take more than 6 months off. Btw I completely understand how upset you were about the name. That's never happened to me yet but I'm sure it would knock me sideways too. We have got blood work on the same day - Monday! Exciting  :#

@optimism3 Hope your IUI went well. I'm sorry I don't know anything about cysts paratubal or otherwise but I hope they sort it out for you. I'm intrigued by how much many people like acupuncture - but I admit the needles do put me off too.... 

@nancinator that sounds like a very tricky decision. I know I would delay IVF as long as I could because I don't like the idea, but that's just me. I think in the end it's best to go with your gut, once you've considered all the possible angles to the question.

@littleredm good luck starting stims. We seem to have ended up with lots of little subgroups in sync with their various treatment plans in this group!

@hithertorue have you had your results back yet?? Fingers crossed for you :-)

On the office space, waiting to hear back from someone who might share the office half the week, and arrange a visit for her. Just feeling impatient to sort my situation out in order to improve my finances (I will start taking on more patients once I'm in). My dilemma is not so much about taking the room now but what to do if and when I take mat leave and need something to come back to...

• Hello Ladies, newbie here.

1.  How long have you been TTC? DH and I have been NTNP since 2015, last year I decided to track fertile window and in October I started OPKs and TI, since nothing happened and I am 39 and DH 43, we saw RE.

2.  What is your diagnosis? Unexplained

3.  What is your treatment plan?  IUI#1 with letrozole 5mg CD 5-9, trigger and pro sup

I had an US yesterday and had 3 follies, one on the right at 14 and 2 on the left at 16 and 12, winning was 7mm. RE said to return today and maybe IUI will be Sunday. Today US the right one was 16x11, the left ones were 16x13 and 19x16, winning was 8 mm. Nurse will call later this afternoon with plan. I have been reading like crazy about follicle sizes, but trying not to stress out at the same time. I feel TTC is a lonely journey, I have been going at it by myself, even before my DH was totally on board (he used to say he didn't "not want it", but also did not "want it", super confusing right!). I am happy to have found this forum, it is sad we are here, but this seems like such a supportive group!

I have my FX for all of us!

QOTW: My favorite trips were amusement parks.

Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
    Dx: Unexplained
    IUI#1 - femara, trigger, pro sup
  • @littleredm I haven't gotten the call back about the bloodwork but if it's all good I start stims tomorrow too! AFC showed 15+ on each ovary. Hoping we can have lots of eggs to fertilize when all is said and done!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
    edited May 2019
    @optimism3 hope the IUI goes well! I tend to expect the worst too because the disappointment is the worst. I'm trying to be hopeful that there's a chance this time but staying realistic.

@intothewoods23 sounds like you got very promising test results there! Good luck with the next stim stage!

@littleredm glad you got the go-ahead to move to the stim stage. I didn't know that about endometriomas and ER, but sounds like they have a plan on place. Have a nice visit with your brother's gf!

@sincethelastday @cigaline hope the weekend goes by quickly and you both get the test results you're hoping for on Monday

@olivklau sounds like the follicles are growing and if one is already 19, then it will be good size by the time you do the IUI. They grow by 0.2 per day and want them to be over 20 by the IUI so with a few more days you will be well over 20. Fingers crossed it goes well! I found this group to be supportive, I hope you do, too.
  • Thank you @sara_tory, we will check my follies again tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for you as well!
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
  • So late this week! It’s been a crazy busy week for me but the upside is I haven’t thought about my TTC at all! Having an “off” cycle right now while I’m so busy is probably a good thing. Decided not to even do the OPK this month. @optimism3 how did the IUI go? Hopefully we’ll. @sincethelastday and @cigaline FX for you —sounds like you’re close to the end of the waiting!! @olivklau welcome to the group! Hope your stay here is short :-) @littleredm 15+ sounds positive! FX all goes well! @inthewoods23 yay re sick day, at least that makes it easier! Replying in chunks— I think I need to start pulling this up on my computer instead of my phone!!
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited May 2019
    Hello @olivklau welcome! As @2dogsmom says, hope your stay is short and FX for your IUI!

@sara_tory FX for you in this TWW! I experienced the "strollers everywhere" phenomenon as I was going in to work yesterday after my beta. I was super triggered and just blasted past everyone to get to my desk and buried myself in work for the morning. Not a great feeling. It's so hard!

@inthewoods23 glad you've been doing well with the injections and are on your way. I don't know a whole lot about IVF and glad there are some in the same boat as you going through it now. Hope the stims go well too!

@cigaline sounds like you're getting lots of symptoms. Hope that isn't making your TWW hell like mine was. The absolute worst! Hang in there. FX for you big time!

@sincethelastday the wait for the beta is so hard, hope you're hanging in there. I found the last few days especially hard. Hope you find something to keep you busy and mind off the wait. We had the experience of having someone steal a name too. When we first started TTC we told DH's sister and hubby what we liked for boys names. That was over a year ago then when their son was born this year they used our favourite name as a middle name. We will still consider using it but there was definitely a day or two of bitterness over it. I'm sure they didn't even remember. So many ways for this journey to gut-punch you.

@nancinator we were told 3 IUI before IVF bc we have some mild MFI with motility issues. I think you're making the right call and I really hope it's a slam dunk. I totally understand that fear of the unknown as you're standing at the brink of your decision. It won't be as bad as you fear once you're in the midst of it though. Our fears seem to always be bigger than reality. FX for you!!!

@optimism3 best of luck to you in your TWW! I know it's hard line to find between hopeful and getting your hopes up. We're here for you if you need to vent!! I think we have all danced on and over that line every cycle too. Acupuncture for me really helps stress too. I went on Tuesday after work and had an hour nap while being treated and felt totally refreshed.

@littleredm seems like you and @inthewoods23 are synced up. I'm glad for both of you if you can have each other for that super specific "in the midst of it" kind of support!! I know I found that helpful with the other ladies going through IUI at the same time!

Phew- think i caught up?

Thanks to everyone who had their fingers crossed and were sending me little notes this week leading up to my beta test. It was a truly horrid last 3-4 days leading up to the test. Tuesday all of my symptoms suddenly disappeared and I started to have brown spotting. I knew knew knew that meant the corpus luteum(s) were likely all done and the only Progesterone left in my system was likely just from Crinone. Hence the spotting and drastic lessening of symptoms. But I kept playing the mind game where you still try to keep yourself from going all negative and thinking the worst. (Exhausting!)

I think if I were not on Crinone I would have had AF Tuesday. I continued having spotting and dull period like cramps Tuesday Wednesday and yesterday. Wednesday the spotting had a bright red tinge to it, so I was not very happy camper getting up early for my beta which I had no hope for anymore... but yet still in suspense and praying I was proved wrong.

Yesterday was a complete gong show at the clinic. Rant coming! I was told to just show up between 7-7:30 for my beta test, which originally made it sound like i didn't really have an appointment it would just be line order. I got there 7:05 to a packed waiting room. Standing room only. And thought "great"!! And there is only ever the US tech and the one nurse at this subbranch clinic. So no reception. Waited until no one else was left after 8:45 (also experienced at least 1 angry woman storming around the waiting area cursing about the wait), then the nurse comes out and says "I'm really sorry, I just don't know who you are, you're not in my calendar". Told her what I was told and my name about 5 times until she finally got unflustered and wrote it down. (I know this nurse is very new,  the last couple times I met her she was under supervision and training with the veteran nurse)... she proceeds to take blood (had to try both arms because apparently the first arm the vein collapsed)... Then I asked when approximately would they call with results as i knew i had a meeting between 1-2. She says about 1-2, of course! So i told her about my meeting and asked when everyone left for the day because i would make an effort to get out and call back if everyone was gone by 2 or 3. She evaded my answer so finally I just said,  why don't you leave the results in a voicemail then (no we don't like to do that), at which point the tears come. I'm tired, I'm beyond frustrated, I don't want to wait an extra day for a result,  I say I already think it's negative so just leave me a voicemail for the love of all that is holy. She is dumbstruck by my tears and just stops talking to come give me a hug. Ugh!!! Which made it worse as I'm then patting her back and saying I'm fine I'm fine I just need to know I'm getting my result today. 

Ok,  long story a bit shorter here, I'm able to answer when she calls, try to take the call at my cubicle in the open, negative. I knew. Actually wasn't very emotional about that part at all. She asked me a few times "are you ok? How are you feeling? So you're ok?" LADY, if you're trying to make someone cry, that is how you do it!! I was fine though. Then she asks me do i want to set up a follow up with the Dr? No, i just want to start cycle 2. Caught her off guard again. So I repeated myself. She says ok, well then you just call for day 1 "I think"... I said, nooooo (and here escaped to an empty office so I could explain). I said, no, I need more info than that.  I assume I stop crinone today? "Um, yes, that's right,  no more crinone" ok, so I stop crinone then I get my period,  when? "Oh, I'm not sure...." ok, I know from my own research 1-2 days. Since I'm already spotting and cramping and trying to breakthrough I imagine sooner than later. So for arguments sake,  Day 1 is tomorrow (today,  Friday). I'm doing a medicated cycle. Day 3 would be..... (I'm pissed so I I'm being patronizing now...) "um... Sunday?" Yes, Sunday! Day 3 I start Letrozole. "Oh, you'll need a prescription." Yes. Who is around on Sunday to write a prescription? Then she finally got it. "Ok, I will make sure I talk to the Dr today. She's in the clinic doing procedures but I'll try my best to get her because she is off on Fridays." I just said I really really hope that she gets her because I am not going to be very happy if the cycle starts without the prescription and this has all just made a terrible week and a bad day just very much worse. 

So now I'm waiting for a call. So so so happy I planned to take today off work!!! What a gong show!
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Update: I couldn't wait so I called the clinic this am as cramping and flow have increased. Not full flow quite yet though. They're going to book me in to start BW and US and then letrozole if I get the clear on Monday (so I can be seen closer to home and not have a long drive on Sunday to their main clinic). That would be Day 4 if we count today as Day 1 but the nurse thought I would have probably just a slow flow day today as crinone is still in my system and she said it doesn't have to be perfectly day 3 for this reason. So I am feeling more relaxed and just going to have a quiet day puttering around the house while poor DH is at work. 
  • @littleredm - sounds like a fun wedding! I’ve only ever been to one Jewish wedding and, yeah, the dancing and chair raising was really fun to watch! Good luck with the stims and hope you had a good visit with your brother’s gf - was this the first time meeting her? 

@olivklau - welcome to the group! Hope you find support here and that your stay isn’t too long! Any news on when you’ll have the IUI done? Still aiming for this Sunday? 

@2dogsmom - glad to hear you’ve been finding this “off” month a good thing so far - hope you get lots of opportunities to relax and not think about TTC. 

@hithertorue - so, so sorry to hear about your negative beta test and the absolute sh*t storm of an experience you’ve had with your clinic!!  :'(:'( I sometimes wonder how much training fertility clinic staff get on the emotional, mental turmoil of infertility and how incredibly difficult it can be. Not getting the support and competency from clinic staff just rubs salt in the already open wound of infertility. Good for you for advocating for yourself and getting the answers you needed! Really hope this second IUI is successful and that you have a better time around with your clinic this time. Glad to hear you have today off to just unwind and hopefully spoil yourself after some tough few days!  <3

AFM: thanks everyone who commented on how much getting a name “stolen” sucks when going through infertility - I knew you ladies would understand! It feels like time has stood still with this TWW. I go from being hopeful to not being hopeful at all. Doesn’t help that I quickly snuck a glance at Facebook and all that was on my newsfeed was another pregnancy announcement and photos of people’s babies. Why again do I still have Facebook? It just feels like toxic since TTC. 
  • @hithertorue oh nooo - as @sincethelastday said, so sorry to hear about what you went through yesterday and today! I can only imagine how immensely frustrating and painful it must have been to be kept waiting all that time for a test you didn't want to do... only to be faced with someone clueless at the end of it. Really feel for you. Mostly, when you get new people being incompetent it's easy to bear with them a bit but I can so imagine that that was not the time or the day for it!! I expect I would have broken down after all that and the possibility of having to miss out on another cycle is truly the last straw in that situation. Really glad they managed to sort things out and get you scheduled for the next one. 

@olivklau welcome to the group and also to the subgroup of those of us going through our IUI#1! Sounds like you have good follicles ready to go there. Hope all goes smoothly for you. 

@2dogsmom good to hear that you've been too busy to be thinking about all this stuff! Enjoy the freedom of the 'off' cycle. 

I feel the same as @sincethelastday veering from optimistic to pessimistic in the 2WW - I've actually been enjoying having a 2WW where I feel I have some reason to be optimistic - sad isn't it? It's so long now since I've really been hopeful I'd forgotten what it feels like. But this morning my temp dropped quite a bit which is usually a bad sign. @hithertorue you've made me seriously think about the progesterone and what I should do if I get a negative beta on Monday. Because the nurse told me I have to have a second one the Saturday after to confirm it's definitely 100% negative (woohoo) before starting a new treatment cycle. But I can't see how that is going to work if I stop on Monday as I'm then certain to have AF between Monday and Saturday, right? And my protocol actually involves starting Clomid on day 2 so I've got even less leeway than you... so I wondering whether I should actually keep going with the progesterone against their advice to ensure that I'm ready at the right time for IUI#2. Anyway, I suppose I'll ask the nurse on Monday if I'm in that situation - if I can get through on the phone, that is, remembering how impossible it was last time. They ask us to let them know asap but apparently this is the one situation where they don't accept email - either phone or post. Huh? Clinics have their own weird logic. My beta will be in an independent lab that has nothing to do with my clinic and I will just get an email saying the result is available online so at least there won't be any human interaction involved :-)

The one silver lining in next week if I get a negative is that we're going away for 3 nights (first time away since Christmas) on Wednesday and that will probably help me forget all about it. Except that the weather is looking really bad - can you believe it, it's sunny and about 28 degrees here today but the forecast is now saying rain all next week. Aaaah!

• Thank you for the welcome ladies!

@2dogsmom enjoy your time off, sometimes it is all we need to get our energies renewed!
    @hithertorue so sorry you went through all that...it is very frustrating that some people who work with fertility do not seem empathetic. FX for your new cycle!
    @sincethelastday I feel you with the "pregnancy and babies all around me, but not happening to me", a friend of my DH just told him his wife is pregnant and they were not even trying... 
    @cigaline FX for your beta on Monday my fellow IUI#1!

AFM, I went for the US again today, the right one was 16x15 and the left ones 21x16 and 19x11, lining was 12mm. I was almost certain they were going to tell me to trigger tonight. They called me in the afternoon and asked me to return tomorrow AM for another US to check the follicles growth. How big do they want them to get? I am confused, but I am trusting my RE. So, IUI#1 date is still TBD.
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
    edited June 2019
    @hithertorue what a horrible experience to have to deal with! It's like-- aren't they supposed to be helping you through this process, not making things harder?! I'm glad you got the day 3 issue sorted which takes some pressure off this weekend. I'm sorry to hear it was a negative last cycle and hopefully the next one brings you better news ❤

@olivklau I think the philosophy is the bigger the better, so if they don't think you're about to ovulate then maybe they decided waiting a little longer will improve your chances. I find it really frustrating to have to always go back in and do more testing. On the 2nd cycle I felt better because I had a point of reference on follicle size but the 1st cycle you don't have anything but google results to compare to, and it makes it confusing. Hope you get the go ahead soon! Last cycle my LH surged naturally at day 15 when I came in for US and BW so I didn't need to trigger, we just got booked the next day (follicle 2.1). It threw me a little, because the month before I triggered Day 12 (follicle was 2.4). It's hard when you can't predict! 

@cigaline good luck on your test next week, and regardless, hope you have a great trip and the weather ends up being good 😊 I'm with you and @sincethelastday on the mood swings between hopeful and pessimistic in the 2ww. Hope you have lots of distraction,  that isn't the social media kind. It's not a good place for my mental health either since TTC!

@2dogsmom it sounds like a great idea to take a physical and mental break from this process! 

I'm 1 week down and 1 week left in my 2WW. Worse pelvic pain again which makes me think my endo is ramping up like it does before a period, but trying to stay open minded. 
  • @sara_tory thank you, first time is really confusing. Just got the call that my IUI is scheduled for Monday at 1pm, will do the trigger tonight. I am excited!
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
  • Hi ladies!

Sorry I've been a little MIA this week. Lots going on and we had a Relay for Life event yesterday/today.

I had to do my first set of stims injections from our tent with only hand sanitizer. The menopur doesn't burn as bad as I thought it would, but otherwise it went alright for what I had available to me to make things sterile.

Quite a few of y'all are in their TWW right? GL! Hope you get good news soon!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause