Group 3 (Aug 15-23) Check-in w/o 5/27

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc)

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Group 3 (Aug 15-23) Check-in w/o 5/27

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28+2

Baby is the size of a(n): I always forget to check!

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: May 30 for GTT and 28w appointment. June 13 for growth scan.

How are you feeling?: tired. sore. super pregnant. emotionally pretty down for no reason at all. my heart has started going crazy so I'm looking forward to my cardiac appointment at the end of June.

Rants/Raves: Finally getting DD2 into an ENT. I'm hoping they agree to put in tubes. She's had 5 ear infections since the first week of March and I think it's impacting everything from her speech to her balance. It's time. Also, DD1's birthday party is this Saturday. It's going to be pretty crazy since it's a pool party and so far we have about 9 kids coming. She is so excited and its a lot of fun to see things through her eyes!

Questions: Anyone else dealing with really bad carpel tunnel? This is my third pregnancy with it, but this time it's so bad that even wrist braces arent keeping it under control at night.

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? I have a backyard pool so I'll probably be in there a lot. Our floors are also mostly tile, so its a good bet on some of the hot Arizona days that I'll be laying on the floor in nothing but my undies. Hopefully no one rings the bell hahaha. Also, I'll be going to work until the end of July and they keep the building at a cool -100F (I have a heated blanket on today), so I know I'll always be cool at work!

DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• EST Due Date/ Weeks + Days: August 20th, 28 weeks, 3rd trimester as of today!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant or Tropical Coconut.

What team are you on (Pink, Blue or Green)?: Blue!

Upcoming appointments: May 30th the for GTT and biweekly checkup.

How are you feeling? I'm feeling great, aside from the being so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.

Rants/Raves: Rant, I'm so so tired and DH is a busy body who doesn't quite understand what pregnancy does to your energy level. But in the same breath, my rave is that DH has been getting more ans more excited to meet our son in a fee months and can't stop talking about/thinking about all the things he will get to do with him as he grows up.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this summer? Utilize the pool at my Mothers house as often as I can, take trips to the river with my dog and basically live in my basement. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sourlemon Poor thing! That is a lot of ear infections in a short amount of time. Hopefully the ENT is able to help her.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 8/16; 28w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): The Bump = Eggplant; Ovia = Tropical Coconut

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Green

Upcoming Appointments: Well I failed my 1 hr GTT on Friday (got a 146) so I'm going in the morning for my 3 hr so wish me luck! I also have low iron so I'll be taking iron supplements as well from now on.

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling a lot bigger and less able to "move". I'm also still trying to get over this upper respiratory infection that started last week. My doctor said she would give me something if it hasn't gotten better by the end of the week. But coughing all the time has really affected my sleep. Needless to say, I spent my long weekend taking a few naps.

Rants/Raves: My DD ran into the tailgate of our truck this weekend and got a big gash on her forehead. We had to rush her to urgent care since it was bleeding so much. They did glue and paper sutures instead of stitches and advised that we had to keep it dry for 24 hours. No problem, except we went to a friend's house later that day and she was playing with her friend and they ran around so much, she ended up sweating a fair bit and her cut starting bleeding again down her face! So I'm pretty sure the glue wasn't able to set due to her sweating so I hope her cut still heals ok  :(

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc): DD likes the pool and luckily we have access/passes to an indoor pool in our area so I'll probably be doing water activities there to stay cool.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made a brief appearance for several weeks in Feb/March, and then fell off the face of the planet  :p. As a FTM I felt like I didn't have much to contribute so I became a lurker who stopped in every so often. I hope you ladies don't mind me trying to jump back in and get to know you all!

@MollyH1987 I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Fingers crossed you start feeling better and the cough goes away so you can get some much needed sleep.

@sourlemon lol! I have tile too and I imagine I'll be doing the same as you to keep cool! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/17, 28w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): ???

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): it's a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/5 with our midwife. The biweekly appointments have begun!

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly still great. Two weeks ago I started to have some lower back acheyness. I bought a wedge pillow for the bump while sleeping and use a plethora of pillows when I sit on the couch to support my back. For the most part this has worked! I'm planning on starting to see my chiro as soon as budget allows, too. Otherwise I just feel very normal.

Rants/Raves: I'm loving feeling the baby move like crazy! I'm not feeling kicks very often. Usually I'm just feeling her wiggle around and it feels like a rave is happening in my belly  :D. I live in California's Central Valley and it can get hot hot hot here in May, so I'm really enjoying the rain and cool weather we've been having! Lots of people have been complaining that they just want summer to be here already, but I will take ALL the cool weather while I can. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) I'm probably going to run up our electric bill like crazy this summer running the AC. My mom has a hot tub in her back yard that is kept 'off' in the summer, so I'll likely spend a bit of time there. And of course, lying on my freezing cold tile like @sourlemon! :D

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27w 4 D

Baby is the size of a(n): Cabbage (14 in 2lbs) Thats a big cabbage

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green):  Blue

Upcoming Appointments: GTT tomorrow am. I have been trying to go in since last week but I forget and eat and then remember.  Follow up on 6/6

How are you feeling?:  Still pretty good.  These varicose veins have dampened my spirits a bit but I'm doing what I can.

Rants/Raves: Rant - Varicose Veins...seriously WTH.  Raves - We spent saturday with some friends and their 9 month old boy.  On the way home, DH said, "I can't wait until our son is here so I can be a good dad and play with him like J(Friend) does". Y'all MY HEART burst <3 .  I love that he is so excited to be a papa. 

Questions: I can never think of any on the spot.

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) - We live on the northern west coast so it rarely gets above 80 degrees.  I'll be okay. 

• cato99cato99 member

@foodlovehappiness welcome back! With DD I also started participating more around this time of the pregnancy and it ended up being really helpful! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 16 / 28w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue

Upcoming Appointments: not for a while; just had one a few days ago and I'm still on a monthly OB schedule. I had expected to start MFM appts for GD but I surprisingly don't have it this pregnancy, so I don't have to report anywhere. Like pretty much everyone else at this stage my bloodwork came back low on iron so I'll start treating that. 

How are you feeling?: I guess I have a mild case of pica this pregnancy because I'm craving weird chemical smells like gasoline, sharpies type markers, cleaning products, exhaust fumes, etc. Pregnancy is so weird. Maybe getting my iron levels up will help--not that I'm about to go huff window cleaner or anything. 

Rants/Raves: I'm still reeling at my GD-non-diagnosis, because it really defined my experience in my last pregnancy and so many of my late pregnancy habits were informed by GD guidelines. After I got the news a couple of weeks ago I've had quite a bit of celebratory indulgence but I think for the remainder of the pregnancy I'm still going to follow a gentle modified GD diet because it was really healthy for me, and keep up my water intake and exercise routine as if I were trying to keep glucose numbers down. I barely gained any weight during the third tri last time because I was so strict with my diet and exercise (I gained 5 lbs but then kind of went down again, so I weighed 1 whole lb more at my 38 week appt than I did at my 28 week appt). I'm worried that without the structure of GD guidelines I'll devolve into an ice-cream-pizza-pasta-cookies-guzzling monster haha. 

Questions: no, unless anyone else wants to join me in the weird chemical-smell-craving-club and suggest some good alternatives! I tried Vicks Vapor Rub but it smells too wholesome. 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc)

I'm a little south of @agpandme but still in Northern California temperate climate so it won't be too bad, but we'll likely get 2-3 little heat waves. I'm going to get day-passes to local pools, and I ordered a boatload of summery maxi dresses and flowy kimonos from Pink Blush. On really hot days I make giant pitchers of iced green tea with a lot of lemon juice and drink it with a ton of ice, yum. 

• @sourlemon I’m super jealous that you gave your own pool!!

@brianalee2984 yeah, I feel like the hubbies really don’t get it 

@MollyH1987 Ugh. I’m sorry about your glucose test!  GL tomorrow morning!  And I hope your little ones forehead is ok!

@foodlovehappiness I’ve been thinking the same thing about the kicking.  I don’t really feel her kick much anymore.  It feels more likes she’s turning around or something.  I’ll get body parts on my right side then my left and back and forth. 

@agpandme GL tomorrow morning!

@cato99 yay for no GD!  That has to be such a relief!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23  27w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Fennec Fox

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

Upcoming Appointments: 6/5   Not a very fun one.  I have my glucose test and get both my Tdap and Rhogam shots.  

How are you feeling?: this heartburn and acid reflux is kicking my butt.  My OB told me to take 20mg (maximum strength) Pepcid twice a day.  That worked for like a week and now it’s really bad again and keeping me up at night  

Rants/Raves: tomorrow is the last day of school with my kids but then I have to pack my classroom.  I’m so freaking stressed out.  Normally I’m so excited for tomorrow and it’s such a freeing feeling but I’m not looking forward to it at all  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) it’s already so hot here in central FL (heat index of 105 today). We have a neighborhood pool that I’ll hit up some but I plan to crank the air and lay on the couch a lot. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 15 (28+7 today)

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue!

Upcoming Appointments: I have a "teaching appointment" with the NP at my OB's office in two weeks, my 32 week appointment the week after that (and holy crap I can't believe we're getting to single digit weeks left so soon!), and waiting to hear from my OB about scheduling another ultrasound.

How are you feeling?: For the most part, pretty good, all things considered. I could do without the constipation and the return of the nausea from certain foods, though. Would also be nice to sleep through the night...

Rants/Raves: Serious pregnancy brain. I forget things constantly! Yesterday I was walking up the stairs to our home office area, called to my husband to ask him something, and completely forgot what it was in the five seconds it took him to answer me. I still have no idea what it was, so I guess it wasn't that important?

Questions: Is anyone doing or planning to do a maternity photo shoot, professional or otherwise? I'm on the fence about this. I haven't been taking many bump pics, but feel like I'll want some photos to look back on, and I've loved the photos I've seen from friends who have had maternity pics taken. 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) We don't live too far from the beach, so maybe some beach days this summer, even though we don't usually make an effort to get there. At home, cranking up the AC when needed and drinking alllll the iced beverages (my current love is an iced peach tea from Davids, and we'll be breaking out the cold brew coffee setup soon).

• @lovelikestardust yup!  I’m doing a maternity shoot!
  • agpandmeagpandme member
    edited May 2019
    @lovelikestardust I am not planning to do a maternity shoot but a friend of mine runs a local mermaid group.  She offered a free shoot but I have to dress up as a mermaid  :D  On the beach in a shell bikini top.  I died laughing when she told me. I'm so honored but I don't think I'll be taking her up on the offer. 
  • @cato99 thanks for welcoming me back! :) And congrats on the non-GD diagnosis! 

@purplg8r ugh! I'm sorry about the heartburn/acid reflux. Hopefully your doctor can recommend something that will work better at your next appointment.

@lovelikestardust I'm suuuuper jealous that you live so close to the beach! I'm not planning on doing a maternity photoshoot - it's just not my thing. But the photos others have posted are beautiful and if you want to do it I think you should go for it. It's a one time opportunity, and I doubt you'll ever regret the photoshoot, but you might regret NOT doing the photoshoot.  :)

@Beauxbaton that's so sweet of your husband!! Good luck at your 3 hour glucose test!
  • @foodlovehappiness hope the third tri treats you well. welcome back. 
    @cato99 congrats on the surprise non-diagnosis. Sound like sticking somewhat to the diet, but not having to be concerned about blood checks or slip ups  is a great way to go. 
    @purplg8r sorry to hear the heartburn is still so bad. Did you doc give you an option on meds? maybe you can try something else. Zantyc or Prilosec? I hope you find some relief soon. 
    @lovelikestardust No photo shoot for me. I just don't know what I would do with the pictures and it is just not me, but I agree I've seen some beautiful pictures. We're doing weekly bump pics (DH set a reminder in his phone because we kept forgetting)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28w, 8/22

Baby is the size of a(n): Rollerblade...lol

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green):  Green 

Upcoming Appointments: had my 2 hr GTT and OB appt this week. I passed the GTT! I was a bit worried, and now I'm relieved. I haven't gotten the official word from my doc yet, but I saw the lab results on my hospital portal. I'm a little concerned about anemia based on some of the blood work, but I'll have to wait on the doc for that.  

How are you feeling?: just a bit of hip pain. OB said it is probably the ligament in my hip compressing a nerve, almost like carpel tunnel, but in my hip and not the wrist. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I'm still able to sleep through the night without getting up to pee, so that is awesome! Rant: my weekend of just relaxing is now full of plans. On the bright side we get to see some friends we don't see often, but I really just want to zone out on the sofa. Oh well. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) taking advantage of any invites to places with a pool. Planning to wear only dresses, I got some from pinkblush, some from Amazon and I just got one from StitchFix. Probably spending a lot of time indoors in the AC. My OB told me to avoid being outside/in the heat for more than 30mins and to take in extra fluids. So I'm going to add in some coconut water to help stay hydrated. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @purplg8r How did you find a photographer? I did a cursory search the other day and turned up five million options, even narrowing down by location/style/price/etc I was still left with too many. Maybe I'll just send out some initial inquiries on availability and then pick one out a hat...

@agpandme Is that... actually a thing that people do? That's HILARIOUS. 😂 I have to ask though, what exactly is a mermaid group and what do they do? I've never heard of this.

@foodlovehappiness The town I live in isn't on the beach or anything, but we're close enough that a day at the beach is easy. 20ish minutes to the closest one, maybe 45 minutes to the one we prefer to go to because it's less crowded. And good point about this being a one-time opportunity for the photo shoot! I never thought I'd want to do it, but then I thought about how much I love my wedding photos even if I don't look at them all the time and thought I should at least look into it.
  • agpandmeagpandme member
    edited May 2019
    @lovelikestardust Its actually pretty neat but not really my thing. They do beach clean ups (we live on the coast) and they raise money with craft booths to help support their clean up efforts.  They were nominated for a  Red Cross Real Heros Enviromental award for 2018.  They have a video on youtube that they produced and it has like 6 million views right now.  After their beach clean ups, they have photo shoots at the beach.  They are lucky to have 4 volunteer photographers!.  The leader is quite the entrepreneur and offers tail swim classes at our local rec center as well as mermaid practice sessions. They had a mermaid race recently to help raise money for conservation.   It really is quite the thing with women and men ranging from all ages.   
  • @Avrilmai congrats on passing the GTT! And I need to know your secret to getting through the night without peeing lol. I don't think I've made it through the night without getting up at LEAST once since the beginning of January!!!

• @agpandme Oh that's actually really cool! I was picturing a bunch of women who just liked to do mermaid photo shoots or something. It sounds like it's more of an environmental group, which is awesome, and it's great that they're inclusive of men and women.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28w 3d 8/19

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

Upcoming Appointments: just had my 28 week appt yesterday. I go back every 2 weeks now until 36 weeks. I took my GTT early at 24 weeks and a couple days and passed. Everything has been pretty uneventful since week 10, which is a blessing 

How are you feeling?: meh. I think I just feel pregnant. Aches and pains, low energy, hot all the time, frustrated when I can’t do things.

Rants/Raves: rave re: the maternity portrait thing— I have a photographer who shoots for our studio and she is taking maternity portraits for the moms-to-be in my prenatal yoga class. I will get 3-4 pictures of myself as well which I feel like is perfect! Just a few nice professional pics... and they’re free! I would rather justify spending on newborn/family pics when the baby is born than maternity so I’m super stoked I’ll still get a few from her!

Questions: anyone planning on using hypnobirthing during L&D? I’m considering but don’t think I can do a full 5 week class prior to August so planning on trying to learn some of the techniques on my own. 

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) IL’s pool and lemonade

• @Avrilmai she didn’t mention other meds but I’m definitely asking at my appt next week.  And yay!  So glad you passed your test!!! That’s a relief!

@lovelikestardust I picked out my newborn photographer first.  Then I was looking at her whole portfolio and liked her maternity pics too so I bought a package 
  • @agpandme That's adorable. I'm glad your DH is so excited!

@purplg8r I ended up passing my 3 hr GTT with pretty good numbers so yay! We should be removing the glue and paper sutures on DD's cut this weekend so I'm anxious to see how it's looking. I hope you are able to get the heartburn and acid reflux under control. I think my heartburn is definitely worse this time compared to last time.

@Beauxbaton GL at your appointments/tests next week!

@Avrilmai Congrats on passing the GTT! I also ditto @foodlovehappiness 's comment about still sleeping through the night. That must be wonderful!

@jmesue1030 I have never heard of hypnobirthing but must be intense/thorough if it's a 5 week class!

Since last Friday was my 28 w appointment, I also start going every two weeks. Then at 36 weeks, I'll have one last sono to check position, fluid levels, etc. and start weekly from then until delivery. I also hadn't thought much about doing a maternity shoot. What timeframe (weeks wise) do people normally do that? I wonder how long I would have to make up my mind before running out of time :p

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm late this week/haven't been posting much - work has been so busy

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/21 28w1d How is it third trimester?!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 6/6 for monthly appointment, then will be going to every 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: So so big. My stomach feels so tight and stretched. How do I have 3 months of growth left?! Also, my feet have been swelling pretty bad

Rants/Raves: I am taking a week off from work at the end of June to get the nursery ready and I've definitely waited too long. I put laundry away last week and needed to take a break halfway through.

GTKY: What are your plans to stay cool this Summer? (pools, certain beverages, clothing, etc) I join our community pool, which is really close to my house. I'm hoping to bring DD there constantly this summer.

Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MollyH1987 I’ll be almost 31 weeks for my maternity shoot ( I live where it rains most afternoons so this gives us plenty of time to reschedule if needed)