1st Trimester

First time momma, excited AND terrified!!

Who else is excited and terrified because they’re having their first baby, and have been completely overwhelmed by information, how many strollers are available for sale, the amount of times you have to pee, pregnancy acne (didn’t even know that one was coming at 36!!), the complete and utter exhaustion, and the thought that your life is going to be flipped upside down?!  Share your positive vibes to help me and other mommas calm down and enjoy the ride!! I’m looking at you, 2nd or 3rd+ time mommas, to tell us how awesome it is on the other side!!

Re: First time momma, excited AND terrified!!

• *lurking*

I’m not sure when you’re due, but I bet your birth month board (when it’s up if it’s not yet) will have a good mix of ladies to have this conversation with. There’s usually a lot more discussion on those than on this board. 

FWIW, I have a toddler now and I felt a lot like that when I first found out I was pregnant. It has been the best thing that ever happened to me and I managed to figure all those things out. Congrats and good luck with this journey. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 34. This is my 1st pregnancy! And I'm nervous! My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years. And I thought getting pregnant was the main part of the battle... I didn't know how common miscarriages were and it makes me nervous. But I'm SO EXCITED to finally be here!
    Have my 2nd ultrasound in 2 days will hopefully hear a heartbeat! EDD 1/28/2020. 6+0. 
  • Hello congratulations on your pregnancy!  This is my first too.  And boy did I go through a lot to get pregnant.  @lagerbaby I suppose you had a natural pregnancy?  I got mine through ivf.  I'm not sure if there are many ladies here same as me.

• I keep oscillating between calm (I was getting anxiety over not getting pregnant, so seeing it's possible is a relief) and freaking out, so you're not alone. I've also started getting anxious about the next baby (should we choose to try again), since I'm already 34. Have I mentioned that I'm only 4-5 weeks along and am also paranoid that my positive HPTs were all just flukes?
  • Honestly, I don’t think it’s possible to be pregnant and not nervous no matter what number you’re on. It does get easier each time but there will always be some sense of anxiety and worry over basic health care, developmental care, etc. I have 3 right now and can tell you that it’ll be okay but expect to be afraid and worried. All 3 of mine were happy and healthy. So I pray the same for everyone’s here. It doesn’t get easier as they get older like I thought in the beginning. My oldest is 15 and there are just new worries to deal with and new degrees of behavior issues with teens. Granted he does have Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD but is otherwise doing well for a teen and a teen with those needs. The greatest piece of advice I can share is you’re never alone. If you’re worried about something seek out the information because it is guaranteed to be out there somewhere and someone somewhere is also going through it too. But it is a joy raising kids.