Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 5/27

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with this LO.

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 5/27

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1, 35 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments:  check-in next week.

How are you feeling?:  Still feeling pretty good.  Other than the heartburn and the peeing, can’t complain too much.

Rants/Raves:  It’s a holiday here in the states.  I should do some work today, but after a weekend of shopping for baby and a new car for H, I mostly plan to just take it easy.  May smoke some ribs.

Questions: Nah.

GTKY:  What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with this LO. Will have to think about that one.  We didn’t have many growing up, so I think we’ll mostly be inventing as we go.

• key33key33 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5 34+3

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments:  Weekly appointment on Friday and first NST.

How are you feeling?: So much pressure, baby dropped a couple weeks ago (but, yay for breathing and eating without indigestion). I had light bleeding with some bright red yesterday, no other symptoms so my midwife wasn't concerned. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even make it to 38 weeks with this one. My first was spontaneous at 38+4 and my second was 38+1. 

Rants/Raves:  I have gotten a lot done around the house over the last week. 

GTKY:  What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with this LO. Hmmm, I'm not really sure asides from holiday traditions. 

• @Panaceia that's a really cute idea for an Easter tradition! Do you hide the clues within Easter eggs or the treats in them at all?
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

7/7 - 34 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Butternut Squash 

Team:

Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 

None this week... I think this is the last before we start going every week

How are you feeling?: 

Good, overall. Really quite warm though. All the time. 

Rants/Raves:  

My mom threw a lovely baby shower this weekend, and DH drove up with me to make sure I got there safely. 

Questions: 

Can't think of any yet. 

@indulgentgypsy +1 

GTKY:  What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with

We have quiet a few intentions here... Story time before bed every night being the first thing we will start. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 34+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Savoy cabbage

Team: girl

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, actually. I got these amazing flip flops at Costco on Friday and my feet have been in heaven all weekend. I’m only sad I can’t wear them to work.

Rants/Raves:  A friend offered to throw me a baby shower and I’m excited! I hadn’t planned on having one, but I realized it could actually be a lot of fun to be around people who want to support and celebrate me and the baby. I just hope Baby Girl stays put—we’ve scheduled the shower for June 22nd, which feels like we’re cutting it close! 🤞🤞

Questions: Has anyone else been getting a ton of attention from babies in the wild? Like, I’ll be at the store or at a restaurant or something, and suddenly notice a baby staring at and wanting to interact with me. This didn’t used to happen. My theory is, they can sense the pregnancy hormones, so they know there’s about to be another baby in the world...joining their baby army that’s going to overthrow us all. 

GTKY:  What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with this LO.

Going around to look at lights during the holidays, definitely. Pretty sure my husband is counting on them watching basketball games together, too! 💗

• @indulgentgypsy yep... woke up Sat morning super horny.. luckily DH was too. Ha. Couldn’t get very comfortable, but DH had a good time. Haha! 
  • Oh wow, @jenniferjoy37, that is a lot of news! How are you feeling about the new due date? (I’m super excited for you!!) Congrats on your race, too!
  • @pizzaplz it was a jam packed week! I’m totally fine with moving up the due date. DH’s birthday is 6/24, so I’m hoping for him to come either earlier that week, or on 6/26 for a RCS. I want 6/26 only because DD’s birthday is 1/26 and that’s less days I have to remember. One kid is born in Jan and the other in June. Haha. 
  • Est due date/weeks + days: July 2nd 35 weeks 

Baby weighs as much as a bag of flour 

Team blue! 

Upcoming appointments: I see the OB Friday 

How are you feeling? Sore! Back pain, pelvic pain, leg cramps, hip cramps. And super irritable and impatient 

rants/raves: ranting this week - DD is fully pee trained on the potty finally, maybe the occasional accident here or there but basically has that down pat. Pooping has been hell, she has always had issues with constipation and holding it in because she’s stubborn so we have her on restoralax every other day (as per her pedi) but throughout the day she has leakage in her undies a lot which is just the worst to clean up. We’re making progress and have had a few solid poops on the potty so I know it’s heading in the right direction but cleaning poop stained undies is just driving my already impatient and irritated self crazy. 

Questions: 

GTKY: traditions 

One of my favourite family traditions I’m excited for is our annual “Santa train” trip, we’ve been going since DD’s first Christmas and it’s our main tradition around the holidays we do just the three (soon to be 4) of us. I think I’m more excited about incorporating him into our daily routines, like snuggling for bedtime stories every night or having family movie night on fridays - I feel like it’ll be so much more special for my daughter sharing all this stuff with her brother too
  • @jenniferjoy37 My DD's birthday is 1/25:) I was hoping for a RCS on June 25th for the same reason...both J 25 babies...but they scheduled mine for the 26th. Unless LO decides to start coming on her own we'll be one day off:/
  • @BeatboxBaby I number the clues and each clue is hidden with a treat, either chocolate of some kind or a small toy. So she has to find them in order. The last treat has a message letting her know she has reached the end. I have fun putting it together and she gets to practice her reading so it's a win win!

@indulgentgypsy +1 to that!
  • gembudgembud member
    edited May 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1 35w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): carton of eggs

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: 6/5 will be my first weekly!

How are you feeling?: Large and in charge

Rants/Raves:  Rave: I am proud of myself - I went to a bachelorette in Charleston this weekend and even with the absurd heat I was able to keep up (with the exception of going home after dinner instead of the bar). I'm definitely super tired, but so happy I was able to be there for a great friend who is always there for me. I was especially made to feel great by all the other girls there since the maid of honor chose not to attend due to being 18w pregnant.

Questions: No question - but update to my question last week: had an appointment on Friday and was told he is head down very low, and too large to squirm around too much so all good with his movements feeling very different to me.

GTKY:  What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with this L: Not sure this is a tradition per say, but one of my favorite memories was growing up about once a month on a Sunday morning I would wake up to a box of Italian pastries that my dad went and picked up for breakfast. Preggo is getting emotional just writing this - I should probably text my dad how much of an amazing memory that is for me and how it's what I want to continue with my son.

@cb123391 feeling for you this week girl - make sure you stick to your guns, mama deserves all the R&R she can get!

@indulgentgypsy yea I shockingly think my libido is back! It has been on 0% most of this pregnancy, but it looks like I took a detour this week.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @gbud630 I'm impressed you made it to the bachelorette. Your friend must gave been thrilled! I went to my cousin's bday party at the beginning of the month but I'm not sure I would have made it through a bachelorette at this point. That's awesome!
  • gembudgembud member
    @Panaceia I got super lucky and was bumped to first class for the first time in my life so the plane rides were really great and luckily this is a very low key bride so during the day we were taking a biscuit making class, shopping, relaxing and then just going to dinners at night. Definitely exhausted today, but glad I was there to support her and also had a great girls trip before baby boy arrives
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7-4

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming Appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: good

Rants/Raves: just had a 3 day weekend and I have a 4 day weekend coming up 🤓

Questions: Would you call the dr over one instance of spotting or wait and see? 

GTKY: What is a tradition you would like to either start or continue with this LO.
    🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @mama_bear19 I’d call, just to be safe. I wouldn’t necessarily insist on going in and being seen, but calling is easy enough to do that you might as well. About ten weeks ago, I tripped and fell (not on my belly, and movement seemed normal!) and decided not to call but just to wait and see...when I brought it up to her later, my doctor was like, “usually people call right away when these things happen,” and I felt awful for not having called sooner. Why put yourself at risk of feeling awful? I hope it’s truly nothing, though!
  • @pizzaplz thanks - just the push I needed ... sent them a message since I figure it shouldn’t be urgent and it can take awhile to get through on the phone!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 3, 35 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): Pineapple

Upcoming Appointments: next week, sono, nst, ob follow up, endo follow up- starting everything weekly now

How are you feeling?: sore mostly. My Blood sugar numbers have been great lately so I’m happy with that. 

Rants/Raves:  Rave- having a diaper shower this weekend. Everyone’s expecting us to announce the sex of our baby, and even though we know we’re still keeping it a secret. My DS1 has matter of factly told us he’s getting a sister and that’s that 😂 he’s not accepting another little brother. But unless this lo has suddenly changed its mind we are for sure having another little boy. 

Rant- I’ve pretty much been told that when I go on maternity leave I will not have a job to return to. I’ve emailed HR to set up a meeting because my mgr was very cold about it. I’ve been asking about fmla paperwork and she’s told me I don’t qualify so I’m not required to fill it out, but even when I didn’t have paid leave with my twins I still had to fill it out l, but that was a different company. I’ll find out tomorrow I guess when I return to work.

Questions: What’s something funny your older children have said in reference to you being pregnant or about their new sibling? 

DS1 is very concerned baby is still in my stomach and has been demanding a lot lately for me to “get it out of there.” 

DS2 asks me daily why I ate his brother and when I’ll poop him out 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

All our boys have worn the same first pj set once they’re born. It’s one of the few outfits I’ve kept over the years. I’m excited to dress this sweet boy in it as well. It’s one my husbands mom passed on to us that she put both of her boys in and I’m so honored and happy we have it to pass on still. DS1 loves to “read” to my belly and I’m hoping he continues to “read” to his baby brother once he arrives. He’s the best big brother.

• @hellmanpartyof5 whoa, your job 😳 
    good for you, setting up a meeting with HR. Getting that kind of response from my boss would seriously make me want to phone it in this last month; I hope you can keep your morale up as much as possible/necessary. 
    This will be my first child, but my niece (5 1/2) thinks that her new cousin is growing in my bladder, and she’s pretty insistent about it. I’ll never correct her because it’s too hilarious. Not sure if she thinks I’m going to pee out a baby?...
  • gembudgembud member
    @hellmanpartyof5 wow that is beyond BS - good luck with your meeting today and keep us posted! I don't know about where you are but NY FMLA is guaranteed as long as you worked 26 weeks full time or 175 days part time.
  • @mama_bear19 I hope everything is ok! I had spotting once this pregnancy at around 25 weeks. They had me come in right away for an US just to check things out (it was about a week after a fall). I'm so glad you called and I'm hoping everything has turned out ok!
  • @hellmanpartyof5 DD will kiss my tummy all over and then say "There. I definitely kissed her butt this time!". Yep. That's my daughter:)
  • @panaceia they’re thinking it’s from an infection... just have to wait for the labs to come back
  • @hellmanpartyof5 FTM, but my 4YO niece Jane is strongly encouraging us to name the LO "Jane Baby". 
  • @hellmanpartyof5 holy moly girl, that’s super crappy of your job. I can’t believe they would do something like that to you. When is the HR meeting?
  • @jenniferjoy37 it was suppose to be yesterday but they’ve moved it to this morning. My dm is throwing a fit saying that we all misunderstood what she was saying and that I’ve made this a bigger deal than it is but I’m sticking to it. She’s already tried telling me I didn’t have to fill out any fmla paperwork because I’ve been here less than a year, even though I reviewed the company policies and you definitely do have to regardless. She just doesn’t like having to do extra stuff and it shows. Honestly she’s a great employee, just not a great lead (if that makes sense?). My GM is pretty upset with her over it.