August 2019 Moms

weekly bitchfest

Since we're probably all out of whack this week....
you bitch GIF
*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: weekly bitchfest

• Wow @oklahomak! That sounds awful! So terrifying! I'm glad you were all safe, but it really sucks about the stress and the lightening! And all the inconvenience it all caused. Wow. I can't imagine!
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG @oklahomak! I had seen coverage of all the tornadoes on the news this weekend. So thankful you guys are OK, even if you have a huge mess to deal with afterwards.

I know I should be thankful. My mother rented a condo at the Beach (oh, Dirty Myrtle ... how I've missed you) for the week so I'll actually get to see her and spend time with her (yay!), BUT her boyfriend (Captain Eeyore Sourpuss - "CES") is coming and he's just the absolute worst. I feel like such a mean B - I'm letting her blame it on pregnancy or whatever, at this point, IDGAF - but I've already laid down some rules: (1) our priority is trying to ensure a somewhat-consistent schedule for our near-3 y.o. so don't get huffy if we don't choose to do the things you would like to do for the length of time (i.e. sit on the beach for 8 hrs) or the time you would like to (we don't eat dinner past 6:30, at this point mostly due to my pregnancy); (2) if it no longer feels like a vacation, we will leave (we only have a finite number of vacation days and we don't need to spend them in a negative atmosphere or being guilted about making choices for our family); (3) WE will be eating normal meals at normal intervals and you're welcome to join or not join.

*Re (3): WTF is it about Boomers and not eating? I get that you aren't as active (lies, my mother is really active, she just chooses not to eat for some reason), but the rest of us under 60 NEED calories on a consistent basis. I remember Christmas a few years ago where CES was raving about these wings so we made a big plan to have them for Christmas eve dinner. You guys: he cooked 12 wings for FOUR of us. That's 3 wings a piece. Not only was I hangry, but I had to cook side dishes at the very last minute (from nearly empty cabinets because - again - they don't eat) or else I was going to die - and nothing else was open.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @oklahomak oh my goodness! Besides the electric stuff that the company has to do, is there any more damage from the lightning? I'm sorry your house was hit, but thank goodness you guys werent home!

My house got hit by lightning about 4 years ago and it was bad. All in all, the insurance paid about 12K and we were "lucky". By lucky, I mean that the hole the lightning blew open was only a few inches, there werent big structural issues caused, and the biggest expense was replacing all of the electronics in the house (literally everything plugged in at the time was fried). The insurance company said for a direct lightning strike, that was almost the least amount of home damage they had ever seen on a claim...but one of the highest electronics replacement costs (we're nerds with lots of electronics lol). We were home at the time and I was doing dishes. One large arc jumped from the AC vent about 20 feet from me to the electric outlet about 5 feet from me. DH was holding DD1 about 2 feet from me (she was 14 months old). We all got VERY lucky.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• mkrelmkrel member
    @oklahomak That is so scary! I'm glad you're all safe, but that really sucks!

My department has gone through some changes and we have two new managers.  One seems great, but the other is showing EXTREME micromanagement tendencies so far and it is the one thing I just can't deal with.  I've been in this position for almost 4 years now and have been very lucky with my leadership so I'm trying to stay positive and give this person a chance, but it is super frustrating.  

Also, we just got back from vacation and I'm bummed to be back to work with no actual vacation in sight for a long time. 
  • @MamaK225 omg...I laughed SO hard at CES 😂 thank you for that.... And I'm sorry he's such a...drag. I hope things go well and you can enjoy your time.

@sourlemon holy crap that's insane! I can't even imagine what it would have been like to stand there and see that arc....holy cow..
  • @chillycanadian what was even scarier than seeing the arc was hearing the noise the house made. First it was like a vacuum of noise (so complete silence for a split second), then it was almost like you could "hear" the pressure shift, then a big moan sound, then the sound of things shaking. I couldnt explain it well then, and I certainly cant explain it well now. It was unlike anything I've ever experienced.

• @sourlemon that sounds terrifying. 

@oklahomak glad to hear you're okay

@MamaK225 I hope you get to enjoy some of your time and it really is a vacation for you. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• mkrelmkrel member
    @MamaK225 My parents always do that with food too.  They think that everything is "too much" or "we don't need all of that."  Sorry, we like to eat and need a normal amount of food.  
  • HA! I just thought my dad was being cheap when he has us over for dinner. My family eats... a lot ... and DH and I usually need a snack after having dinner with my dad. 
  • My harm still hurts like hell from my TDAP shot on friday. I can't even sleep on that side... uggg 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @thirdtimesacharm2019 that was my thought!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 ugh I'm not looking forward to that shot. Every time I've gotten it it hurts for almost 2 weeks! My mom asked me if she needed another one this time around and she couldnt remember the name of it, so she asked if she needed the "arm killer shot". Lucky for her (and everyone else), its just me who gets the arm killer this time!

• I've had some low moments in the past week dealing with these newly acquired varicose veins. They honestly just freak me out and I over reacted and let myself think I was going to be the 1% that has a complication. They are HUGE and they hurt.  I am doing all the right things according to my doctor. She didn't like the look of them either but there is nothing we can really do except hope and pray.  She said she has seen one become an issue in 11 years so I'm cautious but hopeful.  I have new compression socks and compression thigh high ones coming today.  The compression products have made my legs feel so much better.  I dont' think I would be so terrified normally but its not just me now. I am 2 people and I need to think of us both.  We live so rural, our hospital is limited and the helicopter can't always fly us out due to weather. We live on the coast so it is always changing. My step recently had a heart attack and they couldn't fly him.  That has really stuck with me and made me realise how vulnerable we are. 
  • aecmaecm member
    @MamaK225 LOL to the Boomers not eating thing - SO TRUE. Since my parents live so far away, when we visit them it’s for 2 weeks at a time. I swear DH and I drop about 10lbs every visit, which frankly isn’t a bad thing, but I’m hangry the entire time 😂. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited May 2019
    @aecm - Right? My mom lives 8-9 hrs away, so we stay for a week or so at a time, but she/they make me feel like I'm some glutton-ista asking to eat 3 square meals instead of 2 snack sessions every day. And - IMO - if you're drinking at the level they are (I think it's required to live in Florida), you *should* be eating enough to process all of that. I remember visiting my grandparents as a kid & teen and THEY were eating normal meals into their late 70s (mom's early-/mid-60s). It's just so weird.

Overall, just trying to keep an open mind, but I know I'm going to have an uphill battle. At least DH is on my side about leaving ASAP if things fall into their typical pattern, we don't live far from there, so it's not a big deal. Plus, we've got flexible kennel arrangements for our dog so I'm not worried about that either. Worst case: we come back and still send DD1 to daycare and just lay around a few days (or, you know, put the nursery together :D ). Middle case: we book an AirBNB a little further down the beach and enjoy a "real" vacation. Best case: everyone acts right and we do have a good time.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• My bitchfest: Leaking nipples. Bad. Mine started leaking somewhat early in the pregnancy (week 23/24), and at first it was only right after I woke up in the mornings and was about to jump in the shower. It's slowly became heavier, to where I noticed it on my comforter and bed sheets. Just recently, it's started going really heavy at night or right when I take off my bra in the eveings. With how hot I get at night, I always sleep topless (sorry TMI)- I just can't stand the thought of wearing something to bed and sweating through it within a few hours. I need all the sleep I can get, and sleeping with minimal clothes (even very light cotton tops) is a pain for me!

I splurged and ordered some very light cotton sleeping bras online- I hope this makes everything a little more comfortable!
  • @flagchic I hate to be the one to say this, but just wait. This is just the beginning of leaky boobs. I couldnt sleep without a bra and thick pads for almost a year after DD2 was born...and I quit pumping at 8 months.

Also, the post delivery night sweats are quite horrendous, for me at least. I'm already having night sweats, but let me tell you, after the last kid was born I would wake up to soaked sheets and have lost actual POUNDS. I dropped 30 pounds in 2 weeks...it had to have been mostly water weight based on how much I was sweating all night.

sorry to be the bearer of bad/gross news.....

• aukeevaukeev member
    @chillycanadian Yes, thankfully everyone was fine! 

@MamaK225 I can't remember what area you're from, but yes, it seems like the entire Southwest/Midwest/Plains have just been getting hammered with horrible weather the past couple of weeks! Your description of CES and that entire situation made me laugh. I hope your vacation ends up being enjoyable!

@sourlemon No, thankfully! I should say, the lightning hit our power pole and the lines running to our house - we don't think it was a direct hit on our house, thankfully! I can't imagine going through the process you did! Having to replace all of your appliances and electronics sounds like an absolute nightmare.

@mkrel Thank you! I hope your week back at work with the new managers is better than anticipated. Changes in team members is never easy, especially when it's a member of your management team. Good luck!

@Avrilmai Thank you!

@agpandme I'm sorry you're dealing with varicose veins! My mom struggled with them and always hated it, but I don't think they ever gave her any serious health problems/concerns. Hopefully yours won't! Is there anything your OB recommended other than the compression wear?

@flagchic Nipple leaking is so annoying! Mine started at week 15 and I can't tell you how many sleep shirts and sets of sheets I've leaked through. Those light cotton sleep bras really do help, though! I got a two pack from Amazon and they have been great. Mine is also primarily at night after I've taken off my structured bra. Secretly hoping this just means I'm going to have an excellent milk supply, even though my OB said it's unlikely that the two are related. 
  • @agpandme I have a friend who gets them on her vulva..... I'm sorry your feeling vulnerable if something were to go wrong. 
    @flagchic I get night sweats during pregnancy and can't sleep with any comforters or sheets... That being said my boobs get big enough I have to sleep in something to support them. I like bamboobies they are soft, light weight and hopefully will help you absorb some of the leaking overnight. I did not leak with my first pregnancy, but man after my second it was insane fountains... there was milk everywhere all the time...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @chillycanadian I'm so sorry your having a bleeding scare. I hope all looks good. please keep us updated.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @chillycanadian *hugs* praying for a good appointment 
  • @wabash15 I read some poor reviews on the bamboobies pads, that they don't stick and float around in your bra; is that true? Or do you just recommend the bamboobies nursing tanks?

@sourlemon @oklahomak Do either of you have good pads that you'd recommend? It's not in the "fountain" stage yet (thank GOD) but I'm sure I'm well on the way. I had a friend who was breastfeeding and you could always tell that she was wearing the nursing pads. I want to stock up with a brand that is good but not super noticeable.
  • @oklahomak - Yes she mentioned low sodium, exercise, water intake, elevating, sitting when I have the option to. I was already doing all those things so I'm glad I am on the right track.  

@wabash15 YES I've heard that as well! YIKES! Sounds so awful. 
  • @flagchic the washable ones are supposedly better for not showing, but they didn't work well for me. I almost always leaked through them between feedings. I used whatever disposable one was cheapest or on sale when I needed more. It didn't bother me around the house that they showed and anytime I went out / to work I had on a few layers so it wasn't too noticeable. 

• @chillycanadian I’m so glad your appt went well! Sorry about the sex ban, but glad all is looking good!! Hang in there little one!
  • @chillycanadian, so glad everything is ok! I hope the spotting was a random occurrence and disappears soon!

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @chillycanadian oof, so sorry to hear about your scare and so glad to hear everything is okay!! 

I noticed my nipples leaking for the first time yesterday and honestly it made me a little excited... just another sign that things are progressing normally and baby is coming soon! 
  • @chillycanadian - Glad it sounds like things are on track. I know several people who are on Progesterone (either shots or suppositories) in their 3rd Tri. Hoping it doesn't lead to that, but at least there's a path if it doesn't let up. You've got this!

Re: leaky nipples. For those of you having them (I'm not), I'm assuming these are your 2+ pregnancies? I'm just wondering when/if I should be expecting this to occur. I can't remember exactly, but I feel it took a little bit for my milk to come in with DD1, so I was just kinda hoping it would come in faster with DD2.

@oklahomak - Southeast, but my sister lives an hour east of KC, so I hear about ALL this weather :# 
    **History in Spoiler**

• aukeevaukeev member
    @chillycanadian Oh, girl. So sorry you're dealing with that again! Even if nothing is wrong, I'm sure that's scary right now. Hoping that clears up ASAP for you and babe stays doing great! Keep us updated!

@flagchic I agree with @sourlemon re: her comment on the washable pads. I think they're by far more comfortable, but depending on how much you're leaking, they can leak through. I wasn't ever able to adjust them to where they didn't show through a shirt that was fitted, but for looser tops they seem fine. [In my opinion] the disposable pads work better for keeping you from leaking through, but because of that plastic backing, they just kind of hold the moisture on your skin, which was very irritating to me. 

@MamaK225 I hope they're doing ok! Did I hear there were two big tornadoes in Kansas yesterday?
  • aukeevaukeev member
    Newest WBF: We have an elderly Golden Retriever (15) who is starting to have health issues. Just recently she's started losing bowel control and last night was the second time in less than a week that she had an explosive accident all over the laundry room. I feel horrible, but I think we're about to start having her sleep in the garage (with her bed and everything, of course). 
  • @oklahomak - Yeah, she's fine, she's on the Missouri side. I'm pretty sure there were some big ones. I have a former professor from my MBA program that was actually out there, Storm Chasing (it's a bucket list item for him). The rolling hills are beautiful, but if I'm dealing with snowstorms and blizzards, I *better* not be dealing with (real) heat waves and tornadoes. You guys are a wonderful, brave group of people who live out there!
    **History in Spoiler**

• mkrelmkrel member
    @oklahomak Are diapers an option? My dog is getting older and he is snoring and making more noise in his sleep and I feel terrible because we have had to kick him out of our bed, and the next step is going to have to be a different room in the house because I don't want him waking the baby.  It's so hard since they don't understand why you're doing things!
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @MamaK225 That's good to hear! I will never understand people who are not professionals who want to be storm chasers lol. Keep me out of that ish haha. 

@mkrel I'm not sure, and honestly there is probably a lot more research I need to do. Both times the size of the mess has been incredible. I'm really not sure how a dog her size could hold that much. This morning there were eight separate piles :# She has pretty long hair, so I worry that if we used diapers, she would need a bath in the mornings when we took it off.
  • wabash15wabash15 member
    edited May 2019
    @flagchic I never had problems with them moving around or leaking but I would change them out when they started feeling damp/moist on my skin. 

@mamak225 I never thought I would be a leaker since I wasn't with the twins, so the leaking last time caught me off guard. I'm guessing I'll leak again this time, so I plan to be prepared....

eta: @chillycanadian so glad the baby looked good yesterday. How are you doing today?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @oklahomak - I don't want to alarm you or anything, but I would get the Golden checked out as soon as you can. There may be an underlying issue. Unfortunately, I've not had a dog make it past 10 or 11 because some health issue has taken them (one of the drawbacks of purebreds, I guess), but I would suspect it is related to blood sugar. Might be worth getting her checked out. *TW, illness* We lost ours at 10 to pancreatic cancer and that was the first indication. I pray it isn't, but if it is anything related to that, there are a lot of things that can help prolong life in a comfortable way and reduce the explosive bowel episodes. *TW end* And I would also recommend Biokleen's Bac-Out for cleaning: it's amazing on walls, wood, and carpets. Truly gets things clean and removes the smell without just being a cover-up. Bonus, it's non-toxic. It's also miraculous for human waste (looking at you: baby blowouts!) and spilled milk/food on furniture, carpets, and floors. (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LO1PJJ6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_zEP7Cb9VGPTZC)
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 I didnt leak at all with my first. Second pregnancy, I started leaking colostrum around 34 weeks and my milk came in around 4 days. This time I leaked some in the early second trimester, then it stopped. But I can feel that I am starting another growth spurt in that area, so I'll probably start leaking again soon.