Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in W/O May 20th

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half? .

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list

Mama's to be  

@mrsyng & @momifbysea congratulations on having baby boys. Hoping for shorter NICU stays  for both of them.

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

northbeach3  6/5 GIRL!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in W/O May 20th

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited May 2019
    • How far along / EDD? 38+3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good, impatiently waiting for baby's arrival
    • Upcoming appointments? tomorrow, my last appointment as I am scheduled for induction next Tuesday after memorial day weekend.
    • Questions? How long does it take to contractions to go into active labor mode once started?
    • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half? We were high school classmates and have been dating since we were in college.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    Sorry I’ve been MIA.. had a lot going on including my shower which was awesome!!  Congrats to @Momifbysea and @mrsyng

@bkatp ALMOST THERE!!! :)
    • How far along / EDD? 30 weeks and 4 days / 7/25
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling exhausted again! But other than that can’t complain
    • Upcoming appointments? Next week 5/29 for a check up 
    • Questions?
    • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half?  I met Him at bar/restaurant actually one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Neither of us can remember the exact day but it was in early Jan 2016. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi all, Mind if I join?

• How far along / EDD? 27+5 (august 15), one baby, team green
    • How is everyone feeling this week? the fatigue is kicking back in and I had the nausea return yesterday, but today I'm doing pretty well. 
    • Upcoming appointments? I have a MW appointment and my GD screen on friday
    • Questions? nope
    • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half? .In the kitchen of my SIL parents house almost 13 years ago. Neither of us were looking to meet someone, but God had other plans. 
    @bkatp it really depends on the person and how receptive your body is to the nudge. sometimes it doesn't take long and other times it can take most of the day...  Depending on your cervix they might use cytotec to "ripen"/soften your cervix first before starting the pitocin. Good luck next week!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Almost there @bkatp, praying for you! 
    @ndz2018 glad to hear from you and that your baby shower went well! My in laws insisted to throw me a baby shower so I guess I'm having one next Thursday, but it will be a small one cause I don't know a lot of people. 
    • How far along / EDD? 32w3d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Ok, but super busy at work. I also started training a lady that will take over my stuff while I'm on leave.
    • Upcoming appointments? June 3rd. My ob has to go to a conference next week so we're doing 3 weeks instead 2 weeks between appt this time cause I didn't wanna be seen by a different ob.
    • Questions? None
    • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half? At church on a Easter Sunday. We had our 1st date the weekend after Easter and next year we will be renewing our vows (5 yrs anniversary) on the same day and baptize our LO, I'm looking forward to it!
  • Ahhh @bkatp I can’t believe you’ll have a baby in your arms next week!! How’s your anxiety? :)

howd the baby shower go @ndz2018? That’s what kicked my but into gear to start getting things ready. 

@babydust2507 hope you’re not stressing too much with work. Sounds like you’re getting the person ready to take over so hopefully that’s reassuring. 

• How far along / EDD? 37+6
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Better now that I had my last growth scan. Babe went from 72% at 32 weeks to 18% at almost 38 weeks! Head size is normal and estimated at 6lbs 5oz. No sign of contractions at BPP so more waiting. 
    • Upcoming appointments? OB in a few mins then weekly monitoring next Wed — both BPP and OB. 
    • Questions?  Suggestions to take your mind off the waiting?! :)
    • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half?   We met through mutual friends. Knew each other for six years before getting together. Saw each other in a different light thanks to a weekend on Vegas. Lol :)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited May 2019
    @wabash15 welcome to third trimester. 
    @ndz2018 hope you had a great baby shower and have received all the gifts you were looking for. I got most of the high ticketed items for my baby shower, all clothes, diapers & wipes I need for few months.
    @babydust2507 enjoy your babyshower
    @northbeach3 Excitement has not kicked in yet,I am not sure why. 

My appointment went well and all set for induction next week. My cervix is still at 1cm, but my cramps have changed from mild to moderate and at regular intervals, they could see contractions on NST but not intense enough to have natural labor yet. So my waiting also continues until next week.
  • @northbeach3 I would suggest some dates with DH... it may be a while before you get another one in. Or some pampering... like a pedicure or just relaxing with a good book...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• *lurking* So happy to see all you girls doing so well! So many Summer babies!!!! I'm excited for you all! 

@bkatp As far as your question on how long til active labor. For me, after they started my pitocin at 9am, my water broke at 4pm, so that's considered 'active labor'. But everyone is so different. I've seen where people go into active labor right away. My baby just didn't care to move lol Honestly, the machine and nurses told I was having all these contractions and I didn't even have a clue! Only one's I felt was back labor when they tried getting baby to flip. Try to relax and take it all in. It really does go by so fast!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• thank you @northbeach3, I'm a lil stressed and overwhelmed but yes i'm trying to get her ready and she's stressed too and hope I will go full term so she cam learn more, and this last minute babyshower I don't know if i'm excited or more overwhelmed about it since I said i didn't want any babyshower but at the same time i don't wanna be rude and not grateful, you know...
  • @babydust2507  Don't stress too much about your replacement -- everything will work out! I actually had almost nothing in place other than having gotten my coworkers used to taking over some of my work when Anne arrived and everyone survived :smile:

@northbeach3

How long are you ladies planning on being out? Do you have the option of extending that time by working from home or an adjusted schedule? I think you said you were a prof, @northbeach3 ?  I work from home 50 percent of the time now with 3 half days in the office while my mom and dad watch the kiddo (best babysitters you could have -- both doctors and my dad's a pediatrician lol). I think the work adjustment is one of the hardest parts after baby arrives, personally so it helps to have your mind starting to consider it. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• sorry i missed your introduction @wabash15! so glad you're here, we need 3rd tri replacements soon since a few of us will be graduating :)  glad to hear things are mostly going well! best of luck with your GD test!  that glucola is a bitch!

@babydust2507 hopefully the folks planning your shower have it under control and just have you show up and be pampered.  my planners were a bit intense and were getting into it with each other. it was a lovely day and I was okay mediating, but i wasn't dealing with other stressors so I could only imagine.  @mbradfo2 is right... people will figure out how to carry on without you. it's a sad truth, but once you can let go... it's a bit freeing.

@kristimh80 yay, so glad to see you pop in! how are things with little mia? how many weeks is she now? any hiccups? any pro-tips to share. :)

@mbradfo2 yes, i'm very fortunate. even though i'm giving birth in the summer, i'm technically not on contract (i have a 9-month contract from aug - may). this means i don't formally start FMLA until end of august when our contract starts.  i'll only have to teach one class, but online... so i'm technically able to work from home through December. i'll also be able to more or less select my course schedule for spring, so we'll just need to figure out what works best for DH's schedule and the child care we find.  For example, i could teach early mornings, mid-days, or even evenings... just not sure what would be most beneficial with DH.  I can also stack my classes on 2-3 days, even though i'll be working on the other days... less need to be on campus.  i have no idea how i'll be... wanting to stay home or begging to come back. (((shrug))) i keep telling myself i have time to figure it out.
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3 Hey girl! Things are going good! She's finally gotten a real personality the last week or two, so has made life a lot more fun! Pro tips: Def sleep with they sleep...esp in those first few weeks! I didn't and was a zombie for awhile. Listen to the youtube video from Oprah about different baby cries. That video helped me SO much to know what Mia needed or what her cries meant. Download the app Wonder Weeks. At about 4-5 weeks old, they go thru their 1st 'leap.' It explains why they maybe fussier than normal and what is going on with them in their mental development. App is good for their 1st year of changes. Finally, let others help you and take care of yourself!! In the beginning, it was hard for me even to let MH help me, but I was a lot better mom when I was rested and had some 'me time.' Also, the Ovia Parenting app has great for tracking feedings and diapers. For me, I like to know when they last ate so I'm prepared, esp when going out of the house. I tried to remember this stuff on my own and failed due to fatigue. Also, before you leave the hospital, load up on pads, mesh panties and anything you can!!! :smile:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• I'll second the Wonder Weeks app!! I use Baby connect to track diapers and feedings, and the Oprah thing is Calm the Crying
  • I love the Wonder Weeks app -- esp. if you have a babe that's a bit early since it goes by gestational age and is much more accurate as far as what to expect developmentally. And make sure you let DH help as much as possible! I had a c-section so he was basically doing most of the first bottles and diapers and he still is in charge of baths. Take some time every day just to get out of the house baby-free, even if it's just to walk around the block or pick up something at the store. It will keep you sane. 

@northbeach3
    It's really hard to know what to expect as far as when you'll want to/have to/feel ready to go back to "normal" (a new normal, that is). You just have to feel it out as you go and be kind to yourself. You'll find your own groove and style that suits you and if you're lucky, you'll be able to get a bit of both worlds --- I like doing part-time since I get that break from the kiddo and some adult time during the week, but I still get to be at home with her a good deal of the time.  Working from home is no joke though; it was the most difficult part of my new schedule and why I pushed to add an extra half day in the office so I could actually be a bit more productive. Luckily I work for our family's practice so they were pretty understanding during my adjustment periods!

Also I'm totally pulling June 3rd for your LO's arrival day haha it's my birthday :smile:   And hey, little Mia @kristimh80 was born on Anne's birthday! So far I'm doing pretty well this year with guesses for birthdays hehe
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 You are smart!!! I was too stubborn to put MH to work after my c-section lol You're right about the working stuff too. My boss finally asked if I was coming back because HR was harassing them. I finally, just decided to stay home for awhile. Hoping next year to get out and do something part time or least do a mom's group for a break!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    Thanks everyone for all the tips here. Good see you here @kristimh80 and glad that Mia is settling down. Thanks for the response. I am not expecting to go into labor before my induction date so I gave my last working day as Friday at work. I plan to enjoy memorial day weekend and get ready for induction on Tuesday
  • @bkatp Sounds like perfect timing!! Enjoy your last weekend before baby! So exciting!!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Sorry I’ve been MIA for a little bit. I threw my back out last Wed and have been on med leave since I literally can’t sit for 30 min in the car each way and then all day at work. I can’t get the app to work very well.lol. 
    • How far along / EDD? 36w csection 6/17
    • How is everyone feeling this week? After being off for the last week and a half my back is finally feeling better. I’m hoping to have them release me back to work next week. I’m going stir crazy at home!
    • Upcoming appointments? Next Thursday 
    • Questions? 
    • GTKY: Where and when did you meet your better half? He is my best friends brother. We were friends for 8 years before we dated and have been together 11 married for 6. 

I second the wonder weeks app it’s amazing!
    @bkatp you are so close!!!! Can’t wait for your announcement. I think active labor depends on the person and how ready your body is to begin with. 
    @wabash15 welcome to 3rd tri!!
    @northbeach3 get in those date nights for sure! Especially since after baby is here you are going to have such a hard time leaving!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 sorry you threw out your back, but glad to hear its getting better
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @Griffin5413 So sorry to hear about your back! I can't imagine the added pain this far in pregnancy. But I am glad to hear you are starting too feel better!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• bkatpbkatp member
    @Griffin5413 sorry to hear about your back. How did it happen?. Hope you are getting enough help. 

My 39 week bump pic. Probably the last one 

• @Griffin5413 aww, i'm sorry to hear about your back. sounds like it's finally relaxing. only a few more weeks until your eviction date!

@bkatp ahh, so close! you look ready to go? feeling any action? did you say the baby's head had already dropped into place? did you notice the loss of your mucus plug or anything? also, i forget, i think baby's measurements caught up... is that right?  did they give you a weight estimate?  can't believe you're going in on tuesday! i'm super jealous! no action on my end... no mucus plug and i don't think baby has dropped.  

for those of you who recommended the wonder weeks app, which one? there's one for sleep (1.99) and one that is an audio book ($4.99). 

thanks for the tip on the oprah video related to crying @kristimh80 and @persnickity! i'll add it to my watch list. :)

• bkatpbkatp member
    @northbeach3 I am kind of tensed more than anything. No action other than moderate cramps that I had for 2 weeks now. Yes baby's head is in birth canal but I don't think he made any progress there. I haven't noticed any mucus plug but there definitely more discharge happening. Yes baby measurements caught up as of 36th week  The weight then was 5lb 10oz assuming he made same progress he would be 7lb 10oz next Tuesday. I am guessing at your next appointment they would talk to you about induction as u would be 39 weeks soon. 
  • @northbeach3 there should be a third wonder Weeks app. https://www.thewonderweeks.com/about-the-wonder-week-app/

And I didn't see the Oprah show, but read the book and it was amazing! Everyone I share it with can hear the distinct cries they identify.
  • thanks so much @persnickity!! i thought i was going crazy because neither of those seemed correct!