July 2019 Moms

Group 2 Check-In, Week of 5/27 (July 9th-July 16th)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  Did you have any summer traditions growing up as a kid? Any that you want to continue or new ones you want to start with baby? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 2 Check-In, Week of 5/27 (July 9th-July 16th)

• acgxacgx member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34+0, July 9

Baby is the size of a(n): quokka!

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday

How are you feeling?: This weekend I really felt uncomfortable and pregnant. It was just so hot and I was moving so slow. 6 more weeks! 🙊

Rants/Raves:  As above - fun weekend, but exhausting. I'm also sad the FB migration has happened - I'll just be sticking around here, hoping people will be chatting some. 

Questions: 

GTKY:  Did you have any summer traditions growing up as a kid? Any that you want to continue or new ones you want to start with baby? 

We always went to the beach for a week. Did swim team. I haven't really thought about summertime traditions for us/baby. We do want to travel with her as much as possible. Summertime is a good time for that I guess!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 13/ 33W+3

Baby is the size of a(n): celery

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday. Should just be a quick 34 week check up 

How are you feeling?: noticing more BH, and tired from the weekend, but overall pretty good still

Rants/Raves:  forgot my Prilosec over the weekend and the heartburn was killing me yesterday. Rave: my oldest has his pre school graduation today!

Questions: nope

We went to the beach for a week every summer. Not sure if we will do a beach trip every year, but would love to do a summer vacation every year with the kids! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 33w 1d 

Baby is the size of a(n): ferret 

Upcoming Appointments: June 11

How are you feeling?: good  in full nesting mode & also exhausted at the same time. I could sleep for days  

Rants/Raves:  I’m just frustrated with my mom at the moment. She’s making me cater to my heroin addict twin sister and put me and my children in danger having her with us and I HAVE to or else she threatened to ruin the baby shower and cancel . I’m over her tantrums and having to cancel my plans to tend to a 22 year old who should be able to take care of her self but chooses not to  

Questions: 

GTKY:  Did you have any summer traditions growing up as a kid? Any that you want to continue or new ones you want to start with baby? Never. We will start going on vacations when we are more financially stable to but right now I can’t work because daycare is too expensive so once the boys start school we will have more money to go. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/16, 33w

Baby is the size of a(n): celery bunch

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: prenatal 5/30

How are you feeling?: soooooo tired. And achy. Ugh.

Rants/Raves: I keep trying to save money and all these obnoxious expenses keep popping up, like a $300+ vet bill today. Why now??? 😠

Questions: 

GTKY:  Did you have any summer traditions growing up as a kid? Any that you want to continue or new ones you want to start with baby? We spent a lot of time in the water or just outdoors in general. Definitely want to continue that. I never really swim much anymore and I miss it.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/13

Baby is the size of a(n): Celery Stalk? I guess🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Team:blue

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday.  Hopefully will go over birth plan and what to do when I'm in labor, since I'm using a different ob/gyn this time.

How are you feeling?: The usual aches and pains, plus hemmorhoids have been acting up🙄

Rants/Raves: Picked 6 quarts of strawberries today for jelly, freezing, pie, and just to eat😋

Questions: 

My family is very non-traditional lol! We didn't always go on vacation because we were dairy farmers and it was hard to find help. But my husband's family almost always goes to Myrtle Beach, SC every summer and I'm sure we'll continue that. Though not this year😉 My favorite childhood summer memories though, were just going barefoot outside, playing in the creek, taking walks, swimming, camping, playing with the barn kittens, and playing in the sprinkler (or garden hose lol). I want my kids to love the outdoors too!!

• cindlercindler member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 33+1

Baby is the size of a(n):  celery

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow

How are you feeling?: ugh. That's the best adjective I can come up with. Exhausted and on the verge of tears all day today. 

Rants/Raves:  had a great weekend with DH. Bought the rocker for LO's room and splurged on a couch for upstairs (we currently have no seating up there). Also painted LO's room. Now I have to clean the carpets and I'll be ready to set up furniture and decorate.

Questions: 

Nothing really sticks out. Went to the pool daily, but living out in the country will prevent LO from doing that. We hope to get her into the outdoors and into lake life. Hopefully I can convince DH to buy a boat down the road and get her into skiing and tubing!

• acgxacgx member
    @cindler Feel you on the ugh. Sums it up. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 34 weeks exactly 

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash, according to TB 

Team: Pink 💕

Upcoming Appointments: this Friday, last general checkup before my growth US in two weeks 

How are you feeling?: large, uncomfortable, back aches, overheating.... all the fun stuff 

Rants/Raves:  rave, we are getting so close to meeting our little babes. Rant, I don’t want to feel like this for the last remaining weeks. I’m constantly exhausted like first tri fatigue.

Questions: 

No summer traditions here! I do wish we had a fun annual summer trip to take, but vacations are on back burner right now as we have so many other expenses that take precedent. We usually try and take several day trips to the beach or the river, but with it being so hot already here (97 today, ugh!) I’m anticipating a hot summer. It makes me nervous to have a newborn out in that kind of heat. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• cindlercindler member
    @mamahmh2 I hear you on the first tri fatigue. Nothing I do seems to help me feel rested. Just always in some form of exhaustion. The lack if being able to move is rough on top of it. I have to sit down to put pants on, I struggle to get out of bed. Ugh.
  • hinoteshinotes member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  33w + 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): celery?   

Team: 

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, just a regular checkup.  Had an u/s last week, and was hoping to see a face, but the baby was turned around. 

How are you feeling?: achy, hot, tired, a little anxious/stressed

Rants/Raves:  Both: Grateful we have all the basics covered already as far as what we need for a newborn (even though the nursery is still in a state of not-yet-started)!

Questions: 

GTKY:  Did you have any summer traditions growing up as a kid? Any that you want to continue or new ones you want to start with baby?   We try to make it to a beach at some point in the summer, and spend time outside in general (concerts, festivals, swimming pool, etc.).  Definitely hoping to continue this, but not sure what will be do-able this summer with a 0-3 month old.

• @cindler amen to all of that!! I take a shower, get out, put lotion on, and I’m out of breath aready and need to sit down for a break. So ridiculous! I took two naps on Sunday and still woke up feeling tired. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/10, 34w

Baby is the size of a(n): quokka

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: 34w appt next week

How are you feeling?: tired and sore

Rants/Raves:  nothing much going on. The baby shower is this weekend finally. Also the first placed we had picked out had to cancel due to flooding in the area. DH scrabbled last minute to find a new place.

Questions: none

GTKY:  Did you have any summer traditions growing up as a kid? Any that you want to continue or new ones you want to start with baby? No summer traditions growing up. I think dh wants to do camping, so that'll be his thing with the kiddos.

• expatmom39expatmom39 member
    edited May 2019
    @acgx Nooo! Did you say your job prohibits your use of FB? I totally don’t keep up with it, but am going to just stay in touch with this group there. I use Messenger a lot, but that’s been it for a few years.  Wish you could make a dummy account or something! 

@nolemomma14 Congrats on the preschool graduation! I think I used to think kids had too many graduations...but I’m getting it now! Lots of milestones to celebrate. I had the epiphany the other day thst this baby will be an awkward teenager with a cracking voice and spotty moustache one day! 😳 

+1 to so tired I could sleep all day. We had tremors from an earthquake in a neighboring country last night. Lost sleep. This morning I fell apart after eating a breakfast I didnt even cook. Napping on a workday is a new thing for me! Boss was cool about the maternity leave chat, though. So Im less stressed about this transition out of work, finally. 

@cindler Congrats on the nursery progress! We have all the stuff, but nothing set up since furniture moves are required, and my H is soooo last minute- motivated. 😒

Would like to respond to more of you, but feel like Im writing a novel! 😂 
    Have a good rest of the week everyone! Happy waddling around! 🐧🎉