August 2019 Moms

GTKY: The Big Day

We all have a big day coming up, but what about your first big day? AKA your Wedding Day! What was is like? Venue, dress, music, food, etc... Any funny stories... Let’s hear all about it!

BabyFruit Ticker}

Re: GTKY: The Big Day

• Loading the player...
  • We got married in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay chapel. It was planned (not an elopement!) and we had about 30 guests total. After the ceremony, we took pictures at the LV sign and the Venetian and had a reception/dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. It was exactly what we wanted in a wedding and we had a blast! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • hemlheml member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 We has the opposite problem... my mom lost MH’s ring while we were taking photos before the ceremony, so we used my dad’s band during the ceremony. It was way too big so MH had to clutch it weird to keep it on 
  • @AKuzReve - OMG, I love Zinnias and feel they don't get enough attention <3 

@agpandme - That's what I *really* wanted, but DH insisted on something slightly "traditional" because he didn't want me to have any regrets. We actually walked out of the chapel to "Let's Get It On" for *extra* awkwardness (mostly because it was a big song with all our parents/aunts/uncles ... and, you know, a wedding).

The playlist in the reception was all over the place (my - joking - DJ name is ADD-DJ): everything from "Shots" by LMFAO to "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Marrison to "Beast of Burden" by the Stones to "Rude Boy" by Rihanna. Great time across all the generations of people who could attend.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @purplg8r I am insanely jealous, your wedding looks gorgeous! We are huge Disney fanatics and gawk at any wedding we see when we are at WDW. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• We had a pretty traditional wedding in late October. Ceremony was in a church, reception was in a hotel ballroom. I wish we had chosen a more unique venue but it was still gorgeous. Food and cake were amazing. We had an awesome band and open top shelf bar. People ate , drank and danced for hours...one big party. I was 9 weeks pregnant at our wedding. We had never prevented and were told due to my PCOS it would be very difficult to get pregnant. So I did not drink that night and *TW* miscarried 2 days later *end TW* 

Here is the dress, the beading detail never shows up well in pics and a bit blurry due to cropping. 

Here are the shoes I was obssessed with! Plus my late grand mother's jewelry that she left to me. The shoes were ruined after pics from walking through mud and a rotting pumpkin. 

Our photos were taken in a gorgeous area that has a lot of vintage looking fake houses...I dont get the point but it is cool. We paid big money for our photographer, who had a predictable family emergency 3 days before our wedding. We ended up with a fill in for him who was not nearly as good, I was super disappointed. He also had us kiss a ridiculous amount in photos...it was awkward.  Also, DH is 6'2", I am 5'0" so even with those giant heels there is a solid height difference lol. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 I feel you on the height difference! DH is 6'6 and I'm 5'6. I was wearing cowboy boots that only had a 2 inch heel so that didnt help much!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @ElcaB - Is it EVEN a wedding if there isn't a late-night stop at Taco Bell??!

All of these are just beautiful <3 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• We got married at a castle and it was magical I did get pretty drunk that day but everything really did turn out perfect. Part of me wishes I had drank less but the other part of me still justifies it because my family had driven me insane by wedding day and I just wanted to let loose. 

Our ceremony was outside in front of a lake at the castle and my favorite part was they had a love lock fence. In the ceremony we placed our lock and threw our keys in the lake. Downside to the outdoor ceremony is it was August 5th (also my due date now 2 years later!) and it was insanely hot. 

I frequently look at our wedding pictures. Our photographer is my now sister in law and she outdid herself and didn’t charge us a penny. Best wedding gift ever!