edited May 2019 in August 2019 Moms

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? 

P.S. this thread seems to be losing interest and doesn’t have many posts so perhaps I’ll post it monthly from now on or bimonthly instead of weekly. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 05/27

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 29 

Baby is the size of a(n): kale/ ping pong paddle 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green):  green

Upcoming Appointments: June 5 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Waking up earlier and earlier for some reason. Back pain is way better this week.

Rants/Raves: can't wait to meet this lil one!  

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? Planted watermelon and cantaloupe so far! We have grapes, blueberries, and blackberries popping up as well. Hoping for avocados to grow this year. 

• 26+4, Aug 30

Team Green!

Appointment tomorrow with the OB. Hopefully passed the GT test. This is the longest I've gone without seeing baby or at least hearing the heartbeat, but at least baby dances up a storm frequently. So that helps keep me sane.

Feeling: the prescription got the  heartburn under control almost immediately, So that's amazing! Much happier.
    The muscle aches /soreness has been pretty bad the last week though. Sitting at a desk all day probably doesn't help. I've booked a massage for Thursday. Super excited.
    Stress level is WAY down since the house sold. Even though I've been super emotional and crying over it haha. 24 days+23 hours till possession. 😱

Rant/raves:
    Rave: I volunteered at our teddy bears picnic yesterday. (A festival for the children's hospital.) Spent the day bandaging up kids teddy bears and giving ambulance tours. So much fun!
    Rant: HOW DO PEOPLE HANDLE 2 DAY WEEKENDS?!? How do you have enough time to do ANYTHING?! Volunteering yesterday took up 1 of my 2 days. I didn't have a chance to even go grocery shopping. 
    Haha I would much rather have my 4, 12 hour shifts, instead of 5, 8 hour.  Yuck. Maybe I'll get used to it in the next 3 months....

GTKY: Probably no gardening for me this year. The little free time I have this year after the move before baby comes, will probably be spent unpacking and organizing.
    Since I bought my current house, I've done: peas, carrots, beats, tomato, cucumber, onion, potato and tried corn (which didn't work). I'd like to get raspberries and strawberries at the new house, and also have a little garden for peas and tomatos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24 27w2d

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Green

Upcoming Appointments: OB visit snd GTT on Wednesday. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous, exhausted, everything hurts. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer?  I am not into gardening at all and I despise yardwork. DH loves gardening and some years does a ton, others not so much. This year we are just trying to maintain our berry bushes and yard, not doing anything exciting. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @chillycanadian I would give anything for DH to have 2 day weekends. He works 6-7 days a week and it is exhausting for our whole family. Thankfully I work from hone. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27w

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue 

Upcoming Appointments: June 3. Can’t wait! It’s a 4D ultrasound. 

How are you feeling?: heartburn is so bad and the pain just increases. Also feeling so tired/exhausted. I got some super cool videos of him moving last night. It is so entertaining! 

Rants/Raves: so ready to be done all the things. 😭 I’m working full time, studying for exams, writing a 15 page paper, and working on my thesis. And all I want to do is sleep and do nothing. If I can survive and pass my exams, I’ll be in a better situation as of June 6. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? We planted some flowers in our planter this weekend and it looks so great. I hope I can keep them alive! 

@chillycanadian, omg my heartburn has been so terrible. I’m jealous that you got a prescription for it. Your move is gonna be here so soon! Ah. 

• aecmaecm member

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

8/24, 27 + 2 (coming up on the third trimester!)

Baby is the size of a(n): heads of lettuce

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue x2

Upcoming Appointments: 6/6 (OB, US, GTT)

How are you feeling?: Big. Between the belly and the associated pelvic pain, I’m moving pretty slow. My sleep isn’t super restful anymore, so I’m getting more tired. Plus DD passed another cold along to me...so that’s fun.

Rants/Raves: 

Rant - repeating what I said on the STM check-in...I thought we had names finalized but my indecisive DH recently informed me that he’s not 100% set on them. I’m annoyed.

Rave - other than a bit of rain, the weather has been perfect (for me) here lately. Highs around 75F-80F. Warm enough to enjoy the outdoors without getting stupidly sweaty and disgusting, or swelling up like a balloon. I wish it would last all summer...

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? 

Less than most years since I’m not physically up for helping out. We did put veggies in the raised beds (peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, potatoes, cilantro, and basil). Last week I also picked out the plants for the front porch - impatiens in the shade, a dragon wing begonia in part sun / part shade, and some geraniums and bacopa in the planter boxes.

@AKuzReve Those purple flowers are so pretty! Love the color!

@chillycanadian - you’re definitely making me feel nostalgic for home this week. I remember having my favorite teddy bandaged up by a paramedic at the Teddy Bear Picnic as a kid. Loved that event!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Allycat11 ohy gosh! That is so brutal!!!! That must be perpetual exhaustion! :(

@AKuzReve I got Rabeprazole. Not sure what it might be called there....but highly recommended asking for something if your heartburn is bad. It's made a world of difference for me. Good luck with all the school craziness. Kudos to you. I don't think I could handle all that at this point!!

@aecm no way?! That's so cool!!! Hard to believe we were kids getting our teddies fixed, and now I'm an old fart doing the fixing...hahaha. I feel like this was the first year ever that it didn't actually rain through the whole day for the picnic 😂

• @AKuzReve I love this group because it always seemed the most active of the bunch. But you're right the last week or two have been slow. Now I think you scared us all into participation. 😉

@chillycanadian my best friend is a nurse, and I'm always jealous of the fact she has days off during the week where she can get stuff done at places that are closed on the weekend. At the same time by the time 5pm hits I am so done for the day, I don't think I could do 12 hours, and that's sitting at a desk. I really admire people who do active shift work like nurses and paramedics.

@Allycat11 @aecm I hope you both feel better soon!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 27+2

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for glucose test

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, but that might be because we had a cousin's wedding yesterday that was 3 and 1/2 hour drive each way, and then BIL's wedding today.

Rants/Raves: not sure if this is a rant or a rave - we have so much going on in the family this summer, and most of the extended family lives at least a three hour drive away. I love seeing family especially when it's for an occasion, but the more kids we have the harder it gets to travel.

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? No, I always think it hatewould be nice to have a beautiful garden but I hate the heat, and I'm not good at gardening, don't have the patience for it.

• edited May 2019
    @chillycanadian, getting a prescription here is so difficult. They don’t prescribe anything. Their advice is paracetamol and tea - it’s a running joke here. It is so hard to stay motivated and focused for school. I’m trying to get it done as soon as I can so I can just rest and relax. 

@mrosek91, me too! I’m sad it’s died down so much. We’ve been missing @dogmomma096, @zamora_spin, and maybe some others too! Hopefully we can pick it back up as we get closer to the end. 

• grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi friends!!! I'm here - we were out of town for the holiday weekend and just got back last night.

@kaciegravy I'm glad your back pain is better! Hopefully that lasts at least a little while longer.

@chillycanadian Yay for your house selling!!! My H is a paramedic and works 24 hour shifts, so he works one day and then is off 3 days. He literally gets a 3 day weekend for every day he works :lol: I'm so jealous - I always say the same thing, I'd rather work longer shifts but less days. I feel like he has way more time to get things done.

@Allycat11 I hope your appointment goes well this week!

@AKuzReve Your schedule sounds super busy!!! I hope the next 2 weeks go by quickly and you can get everything done. You got this!

@mrosek91 Wow two weddings in one weekend is a lot! Especially when having to travel that far with kids, I'm sure!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 26+3

Baby is the size of a(n): head of lettuce

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

Upcoming Appointments: 6/7, 28 week appt and glucose screening

How are you feeling?: Still pretty good overall. Started getting what I believe is RLP occasionally - I'll mention it to my OB but it's not too concerning. I did read about similar pains associated with pre-eclampsia, but my blood pressure has always been super low (like 100 over 60), even throughout pregnancy. I will keep an eye on it though!

Rants/Raves: Our school year is winding down! Officially 2 weeks left, but most of those days are half days and final exams so I have a decent amount of planning time. I am hoping that my long term sub arrangement at one of the schools I work at gets figured out soon so that I have everything ready to go for my maternity leave before I leave for the summer!

Questions: none atm

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? We just have a small flowerbed in front of our townhouse that we planted about a month ago, and two potted plants on our back deck. I've kept them alive so far - hoping to keep that up! I don't usually water them enough once it starts getting really hot and then they just instantly die. I would love to do a small vegetable garden, but will probably wait until we move to a single family home.

• @mrosek91 weekdays off certainly are super handy for things like shopping and appointments! I miss it already 😂. I hope your glucose test goes well!

@AKuzReve oh no! That's unfair!! I'm not one who wants to take any meds if it's not necessary... I even hold off on Advil or Tylenol unless it's really necessary (sometimes I wait and suffer too long haha). But seriously. They shouldn't make you suffer!!! 😡

@dogmomma096 I don't know if I could do the 24 hour shifts haha. Apparently a lot of services in the states do them. Other than rural stations with night on call, we don't have any 24 hour shifts anymore. I can't imagine the exhaustion. I did 20 hours straight becuase of oncall once, and I was NOT safe to be working or driving. But it sure would be nice to do the 1:3 haha.
    Yay for school almost being over!!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 27w + 3 d / RCS on 8/20 

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next week I'll have my 28 week and glucose screen 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good except for heartburn.  Lots of movement. 

Rants/Raves: Just tired.  Traveling today for work which I'm dreading.  

Questions: Anyone have to change their cars to fit their growing family? Maybe this should be a GTKY?  We're going to trade in DH's car and get a new one int eh next few weeks and I'm dreading it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @peachy0709 DH got an SUV when we were TTC DS#2. It's funny he got the car because his was 20 years old (hand-me-down from his grandparents.) and it was time. We knew that we wanted a big family which is part of what prompted the SUV decision, but there were a lot of other factors that went into it to. The car he decided on (Toyota Highlander Hybrid) is super popular, and it was something like 4 to 6 months between when we decided on it, and they finally found one in the color he wanted. By the time we got it I was pregnant, and we started to tell people like a month later. One of DH's grandmother's said, "I knew it because you just bought that big car."
    I love my car, but every time I have to drive DH's I think, there are some really nice features that are not in my car (a 2011) that are now standard. We have discussed trading in my car as well, but since DH does most of the errand running, and we don't see needing to have all three kiddos in the car at the same time unless we're going somewhere as a family, we have decided to hold off.
    We are going to reevaluate that once the baby actually shows up, but I don't see it changing until I get pregnant with #4, or DS#1 starts kindergarten and we need to discuss carpooling.
    I am always looking for GTKYs for the STM+ check-in, so I can ask it there next week if you want.
  • @mrosek91 - Highlanders are great cars!! Right now DH is driving a CR-V and its just not enough space for 3 kids.  We're looking at Highlanders, Buick Enclaves, or a Chevy Traverse, but we are 100% open to people's suggestions. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @peachy0709 when DD was 1 and TTC #2 we got a bigger vehicle for me. We were between a Chevy Equinox and Traverse and went with Traverse. i am glad we did because it seats 8 so we still have room now that we are about to be a family of 5. I would love a minivan because of the sliding doors but thats not happening any time soon. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited May 2019

Sorry I’ve been so MIA! Work was crazy and then we went on an 8 day vacation last week so I’m playing catch-up on a lot of fronts.

@kaciegravy Glad your back pain is better but I’m sorry you’re waking up progressively earlier. Are you able to go back to sleep or no?

@chillycanadian Good luck with the GT test. So glad the heartburn is better. What a sweet event you helped with! I’ve pretty much always had two day weekends, they do go by fast.

@allycat11 I’m sorry you still feel so sick and tired. Let us know how the appt goes tomorrow.

@akuzreve Were the videos a u/s or your belly moving? It’s so crazy to see your stomach jump, lol.

@aecm I’m sorry the sleep is getting so hard. Mine has been not great for a while and I can only imagine the extra physical strain of having two in there is really tough. One thing I’ve seen people do is have a couple of name options and then choose when the baby comes, idk if that would drive you nuts?

@mrosek91 How was the glucose test?

@dogmomma096 Is the pain you’re having on one side/both sides? That is where my RLP has been, and it’s usually when I move or twist too fast. Always good to mention it to a dr though!

@peachy0709 What car are you considering getting? I love buying new cars, I’m a little weird, but my current car I do still like very much and it’s about five years old now. I think we’ve decided that we are ok with what we have (DH has a full size sedan and I have a Honda CR-V). I think longer term though we’ll have to see how the CR-V works out because we also have dogs, and fitting them and a baby may be a challenge.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 26w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of lettuce

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: 6/6 for GD screen and other basic screening stuff, but I think I may have to move it due to a work commitment. We will see LO again around 30 weeks for a growth scan. 

How are you feeling?: We just got back from a big trip to NYC, Newport, and visiting my family. Generally I’ve been good but I overestimated my ability to walk and be on my feet all day which was frustrating in NYC. I started having what I think are Braxton Hicks -- basically after so much walking/being on my feet my stomach tenses up and I progressively walk slower and slower. I also experience pressure in my pelvis and cervical area. I still managed to do a lot (one day in NYC we did 12k+ steps plus 28 flights of stairs, thank you subways) but my physical ability was a limiting factor for some of our sightseeing. Overall we did have a great time though.

Rants/Raves: See above, and also had a terrible leg cramp last night. I realized I forgot to take my evening prenatal and calcium pill, so I took them in the middle of the night after the cramp, idk if that was why, or if it was because of the flying yesterday. Baby is moving lots and picks a different position at least once a day (I think he may still be head down but movement varies all over my belly, and for a few weeks now he can manage to both kick and punch me on a diagonal). We also finally did a social media type announcement. It was a non-announcement announcement, DH put up pictures of me from our trip where you can see my big bump.

Questions: How are you your nursery preparations coming along? We are hoping to get new floors put in sometime in June and have ordered our furniture, but in terms of what’s actually done, pretty much nothing, lol.

GTKY: Are you doing any gardening for the summer? No, I really don’t garden. We have some planters on our deck which my mom planted. I’m sure you all know this but be careful to wear gloves, apparently Toxoplasmosis most often comes from soil as opposed to indoor cats.

P.S. this thread seems to be losing interest and doesn’t have many posts so perhaps I’ll post it monthly from now on or bimonthly instead of weekly. Up to you! Maybe we could even just move to a less formal check-in for most weeks? Idk, whatever the group wants to do.

• @zamora_spin - We have a MDX and a CR-V.  We're good with the MDX because of the third row but the CR-V is going not going to work for our family of 5 (and dog!) from what we measured and tested this weekend.  It was great for a family of four! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• aecmaecm member
    @peachy0709 - My car (Toyota Corolla) was totaled in an accident back in October, so we upgraded to a Honda Odyssey in anticipation of more kids. Unfortunately DH’s car doesn’t fit even one car seat (it’s a sporty little convertible) and I have no idea how we’re going to manage...but we’re both dreading the idea of a second car payment. I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up with a Toyota Highlander in the long run though. 

@zamora_spin - Unfortunately I am way too Type A to wait until a kid is born to pick a name 😂. If I had my way, we would have decided within a week of confirming the genders, lol. As for the nursery - I’ve got painters coming tomorrow. I’ll be ordering our extra crib and sheets any day now. Other than that, I need to wait til I can steal stuff from DD’s room. Second (and third) child problems...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @chillycanadian They are allowed to sleep at night on the 24 hr shifts, usually anytime after 9 or 10 pm. But they obviously have to get up for calls, so depending on how busy the station is they might still get very little sleep. Plus they're off the next day, so they can sleep once they get home if they were up all night. It works out pretty well!

@zamora_spin It's pretty much just been on my right side, which seems to be common. It's happened once or twice every 2-3 days for the past few weeks, so not super consistent or very painful. I go back to the OB next Friday so I'll mention it then! Maybe they'll let me get an extra peek at baby... :smile: I'm impressed that you can tell what position baby is in! I notice at times that there is more movement towards my side than in the middle, so I assume she has turned sideways, but otherwise I can't tell where her head vs. feet are!
  • @zamora_spin I'm so glad you had a good trip! I've always wanted to visit. I can't say I've come anywhere NEAR that many steps lately, but even with a 1km walk I'm finding I'm having those symptoms too.

@dogmomma096 that makes sense. We are allowed to sleep on our nightshifts too..... Well...the firefighters do. We are way too busy to actually get to sleep 😂. Especially since they cut several ambulances last year.  #of calls is increasing and they are decreasing paramedic staff. (And shutting down hospitals).  Smart politicians. Their solution to make up for fewer ambulances on the road, is to limit the amount of time we can spend at the hospital. So now, if we haven't been triaged within 45 min, we are supposed to dump our patient and leave. And we are considered available for the next call. Which also usually doesn't give us time to document/clean/restock. Or rest or pee or eat. I can't imagine nightshifts while pregnant haha. I can barely stay awake for my 8 hour desk shift right now...haha

• @dogmomma096, thank you!! Yay for your school year almost being done, that’ll be so much more relaxing. I was having similar pain and realized it might be heartburn. It felt like my ribs (not sure if yours is the same)? Also I think my ribs are just permanently sore. 

@chillycanadian, I know! It’s so hard to deal with. I also don’t overmedicate - haven’t taken any meds other than like gravol in a year but I miss the option. It’s a running joke here - if you’re sick the doctor says take paracetamol and drink tea. You can’t even get a serious response unless you’re sick for 2 weeks. 

@peachy0709, good luck on the car situation! I have 0 advice as we don’t drive but I know it can be hard to find one that works. 

@zamora_spin, hope your vacay was awesome! It was a video of my belly moving. It was very cool and weird. I regularly do a ton of walking as I walk everywhere (8-12K) and the BH can get so bad when it’s on the longer side. If you’re not used to it and then doing all that, I can imagine it’s even worse! We’re almost completely done setting up stuff. We just ordered our final items this weekend (being delivered today!!) and anything else is with my parents to bring in August. It’s been so exciting to be finishing up everything and getting organised. 

• Oh and good luck to all who have the GTT test coming up! Hope you all pass! 

• @zamora_spin thanks for checking it. I just got an email from my OB's office that my levels are normal! I wasn't really worried, since I'm low risk, and this is my third pregnancy, but it's still nice to have it confirmed.
    Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to take it, or waiting on results!