January 2020 Moms

PGAL w/o 5/22

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats?

Re: PGAL w/o 5/22

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5 weeks today

2. Previous loss(es)? 6 losses. 12/13, 1/17, 11/18, 4/18, 9/18, 2/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally ok right now. I have my moments where I think the worst. Mostly I’m just floating along symptom spotting and taking preg tests every day to watch the like get darker. Physically I’ve had some cramping, fatigue, nipple soreness, waves of nausea, rlp and decreased appetite. 

4. Any appointment updates? Viability scan is next a week from today, 5/29

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH woke me up with his snoring at 5am. Should make for a great day since ds and I are super busy on Wednesday’s 😑.

6. Any milestones coming up? Viability scan. Really hoping to see a heartbeat. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? I like both. I love dogs because of their unconditional love while cats are so easy and prefer to be left alone. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 2/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I waffle back and forth being confident about this PG and terrified. Symptoms seem to help ease my mind a bit though. Physically I have sore boobs, daily headaches, cramps that come and go and some rlp. 

4. Any appointment updates? First scan next week 5/29 praying so hard that I see a baby with proper growth and a strong heartbeat.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I work from home and I found that the exhaustion hits me like half way through the day and I can barely keep my eyes open at my desk. I'm so glad that no one can see me lol. 

6. Any milestones coming up? My first scan is scheduled exactly same point as last time. 6w4d. Last time baby was measuring behind and had a weak heartbeat so was told by my RE to be cautiously optimistic. So I’m just really hoping that next week I have a much better first scan. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Definitely dogs. I’ve always loved dogs but my parents never let us get one growing up. I got my dog when I was 25 and he’s been my best friend ever since. I like cats too but pretty sure I’m allergic every time I’m at someone’s house with a cat my eyes get itchy. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • 1, How many weeks are you? 8wks

2. Previous loss(es)? september at 9 wks and march at 5wks.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I'm honestly feeling much better after my ultrasound, seeing that there was a tiny baby and a heart beat. I cried the whole time since it's been weeks of waiting and beta tracking to get to this point

4. Any appointment updates? completed now my dating ultrasound and prenatal yesterday. Next one should be at 12 weeks.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing at this time, my night nausea is extreme and tonight I'm traveling to europe for 3 weeks so I'm preparing for a terrible plane ride.

6. Any milestones coming up? I need to make it past 9/10 weeks and i'll feel more confident in this. I've essentially not acknowledged this pregnancy until now to be honest. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Dogs! I had a Bichon Frise growing up my entire life, he was even at my wedding, lived till he was 16 years old <3 
  • MollySmMollySm member
    1. How many weeks are you? 5w 2d

2. Previous loss(es)? I had a miscarriage between my first two girls.  A blighted ovum.  I found out at 8.5 weeks. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  I was feeling really peaceful.  I am trying hard to just focus on each day, and not on the outcome.  But I called to schedule my first appt and it's not until July 2nd.  I have always begged for earlier appts, but I decided this time to just go with whatever they said and be calm until it was time to see.  (I have had a different doctor/hospital for every one of my kids, so I never know exactly what to expect). But it never occurred to me they would make me wait until 10+ weeks! Now I am trying to stay calm, but that is such a long time 😢

4. Any appointment updates? July 2nd is my first appt and ultrasound. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? On top of this stress, we have had a run of belly aches and vomiting around here.  It's been a rough week.  

6. Any milestones coming up?  No

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats?  Cats!  I love how cuddly they can be, while also being calm.  We also travel a decent amount, which is much easier having a cat than a dog.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @kbrown2385 - Sounds like you didn't get enough sleep either. What do you and DS do on Wednesdays?

@hanshotfirst77 - I seem to crash around 2pm and then have to push myself through the rest of the day.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k - I'm so happy that you had a good scan! I'm going to bawl when I hear the heartbeat.

1. How many weeks are you? 5 weeks 4 days

2. Previous loss(es)? Early MC at 4w6d in January

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Still freaking out about spotting. I started spotting again this morning, but we had sex last night, so I'm thinking that's what it's from. It still gives me flashbacks every time I see pink when I wipe.

4. Any appointment updates? Viability scan on Thursday!!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My crazy brother called me last night at midnight saying that his girlfriend had been in an accident, was on the phone with him but they had been fighting, and she hung up when a semi pulled over to help them. He couldn't get a hold of her and was trying to see if I could (we are good friends). I tried and there was no answer, so of course I stay up another hour freaking out before I fall asleep and dream about her being in the hospital with a lung collapse.
    On my instastories this morning, I see that she hit a deer and the front light was broken, but nothing major. And that she had stopped for the night. Certainly nothing to wake me up at midnight for. 🙄

6. Any milestones coming up? Technically already surpassed, but I will feel better after hearing the heartbeat.

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Cats? Neither? I'm not really an animal person.
  • @MollySm - I don't know if I could wait until 10 weeks! 😲
  • @marebear15 we have playgroup and music class. We leave the house at 915, don’t get home until 230 and have about 45 minutes between the two for a quick lunch. It’s just a lot. 

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k so glad your scan went well! I’m going to be a mess at mine as well.

@MollySm I always go in thinking I’m just going to go with the flow and not ask for earlier appts and betas. That doesn’t last long though. I hope you can make it that long patiently! 

@hanshotfirst77 It’s nice to know someone is in the same headspace as me. Some days I’m good, others not so much. Next Wednesday can’t come soon enough for us both! 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 6w+1 or 6w+5

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 2/19 at 10w

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Nervous AF. I just want to make it out of this first trimester so I can stop worrying so much. Physically, fine. Sore boobs, on-off nausea, and stomach aches in the middle of the night. General irritability. 

4. Any appointment updates? Today. I’m so nervous; I don’t know how I’m possibly going to get any work done at all. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m nervous about showing early - I started a new job exactly 30 days ago and want to hold off as long as possible before informing HR. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Today’s u/s. Excited to (hopefully) see a heartbeat and my little nugget. Also looking forward to actually having a due date since I ovulated so early this cycle. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Both. I love animals! I have a little dog, and am partial to her, though!
  • @laurenmicheley good luck today! I’ll be thinking of you and keeping my fx! 
  •   

1. How many weeks are you? 5w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? 11ish weeks a few years back

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  I keep thinking I see blood and it's messing with my head (I'm not and it isn't logical.. I know). Otherwise I'm still feeling exhausted and nauseous.

4. Any appointment updates? I got my final beta on Monday at it's at 5191 which is exciting. Less than 2 weeks until my first appointment.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My middle guy has a stomach bug and helping him when he throws up is really tough with this nausea!

6. Any milestones coming up? None yet. We decided to tell our boys about the pregnancy after our appointment which is exciting.

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? My first pet was a cat and he was such an amazing animal. We currently have a dog and I love how devoted she is but sometimes her neediness is a little much. So I would say cats..
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kbrown2385 yes solidarity! The struggle is real. Fx so hard for both of us next week!

@laurenmicheley Good luck with your scan today!

@marebear15 Fx for your scan Thursday!

@motherof3dragons That is exciting telling your kids! I'm excited to tell my DS too but will probably wait until I'm ready for the world to know cause I know he will blab it to everyone he sees. 

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k that's great your scan went so well! I'm with @kbrown2385 I will be a wreck until mine too

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• MollySmMollySm member
    @laurenmicheley - good luck today!

@motherof3dragons - my middle one has the stomach bug too.  Well, she's finally on the recuperating side of it.  Being up all night was killing me! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @laurenmicheley - fx for a great appt!! 
  • good luck everyone on your upcoming appointments! I might be mia slightly the next 3 weeks I’ll be in Europe and probably have minimal signal! 

@motherof3dragons that’s exciting that you told your kids! I told my daughter after the scan and showed her a picture she was just giggling and kind of understands she’s just under 3. 

• Update- saw the doctor today. We were able to see the yolk sac and amniotic sac but not the fetus. He said I may not have ovulated as early as I think and if we calculate by lmp, he’s not too concerned about it. However, we can only confirm this isn’t ectopic. They did a blood draw to check my levels and I’ll be going back next Wednesday to see if we can get a heartbeat. Going to be an excruciating week. 
  • MollySmMollySm member
    @laurenmicheley - that's so nerve-wracking.  With my youngest I went in at a little over 6 weeks (and I was temping so I knew my dates), and only saw a an empty sac.  We were all sure it was a blighted ovum (even my OB), but they have you come back a week later just to double check, and there was my perfect little baby.  Sometimes they are just slow!  I am sorry you have to live through the next week.  Sending good vibes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• 1. How many weeks are you? 7w2d

2. Previous loss(es)? Cp 1/19 7w3d 3/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Im finally starting to feel optimistic . Physically i feel like death. My whole body hurts, im always tired, always sore 

4. Any appointment updates? Friday fir labs and u/s

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Still frustrated w my doctors and progesterone.  Hadan xray on my knee last night and really scared it hurt the baby

6. Any milestones coming up? Tomorrow i hit 7w3d wheni miscarried last. Went to the hospital yesterday for a fall and babies hr was 155 and hcg was 59,812 feeling hopeful 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? I love animals big time but prefer dogs. I wish i could open my own shelter and just love dogs and cats all day
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k I hope your flight goes as smoothly as possible

@marebear15 Good luck tomorrow!

1. How many weeks are you? 6w1d

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin at 7w4d

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I am one giant stress ball. This has been a really intense week at work involving early morning meetings every day and late evening calls, and I am all anxious that the stress could mess things up. Physically, I have felt nauseated a lot in the mornings lately, continue to be grossly bloated, and I get so winded climbing stairs, it’s embarrassing.  

4. Any appointment updates? Ultrasound tomorrow!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Who else is sobbing basically every day?  Yesterday was because my dog was slobbering on the floor, which had just been cleaned. I’m not proud of it. 

6. Any milestones coming up? The scan tomorrow is my next big milestone. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? I probably prefer dogs if I had to choose but I have (and adore) both. 
  • @MollySm Thanks! This really does suck so much. Hopefully my levels will be good so at least I can relax a little over the weekend. 
  • Stuck in the box...

@kbrown2385 I just hatehte name viability scan.  Can't they name it something else please!  I have scan phobia and always get panicked before any ultrasound. Stay strong.

hanshotfirst77  It is the worst having to wait for a confirmation that everything is okay.  Tiny milestones help along the way.

c1kc1kpol1cn1k congrats on strong HB!  That must help ease worries.  The 12 week US will be so much more fun with baby wiggling all about.

MollySm That is so smart to be present and not worry about outcomes. I wish I had this strength.  Send me some of those zen vibes.

marebear15  Spotting is so scary and they can put a man on the moon but cannot figure out spotting during pregnancy.  Doesn't make sense.  Stay strong.  I had spotting and bleeding throughout my last pregnancy and everything worked out. 

laurenmicheley Waiting is the worst.  ANd everyone in the world can tell you not to think about it too much but we will anyways.  

EmilyE13  All the things make me cry lately. Not fun.  A lot of the time it's happy crying so at least it's not all doom and gloom!

1. How many weeks are you?  5 weeks (so early compared to most of you)

2. Previous loss(es)? Cornual Ectopic 9/16, CP 11/16, Early MC 1/17 @5 weeks,  MMC 4/17 @10 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? This wasn't a planned pregnancy so I think we are still processing.  Our daughter just turned one last weekend.  I hadn't really gotten my period back because I am breastfeeding so this was just dumb luck.  I have little trouble getting pregnant but I have a hard time staying pregnant.  

4. Any appointment updates? I have a phone? appointment next week. I have no idea what the hell that is.  They are going to go over all first tri stuff.  Seems pointless to me.  I had betas this morning and a redraw on Friday because of my history of ectopic.  Really hoping bean is in the uterus!

I told my parents today that I was pregnant and then my dad says, "you look like you put on weight" . Yah, thaaaaaanks.

When I find out that bean is in the uterus then I will be able to exhale. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats?  Dogs for the win!
  • biolprofbiolprof member
    edited May 2019
    @kbrown2385 - I can totally relate to the emotional seesaw of thinking the worst and then being really excited. 

@laurenmicheley - It's so hard to wait and see. Hoping for the best!

1. How many weeks are you? 5 or 6 weeks. Based on my cycle 6 weeks but I was a week late before my hpt came up positive and so I may have ovulated late since I had a CP last cycle. We'll see when I have my first dating scan I guess

2. Previous loss(es)? 12/18 (8.5 weeks) 4/19 CP

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster. My partner is so even keeled. I am on progesterone this time so I guess I feel like I won't even get the warning signs something is wrong and I'm worried to just think I'm pregnant and realize something is wrong when I get to the doctor's office. My physical symptoms haven't been horrendous. A little nauseated at times and bloated but just an emotional wreck.

4. Any appointment updates? I go for my second beta tomorrow. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant: I'm just really over people asking me for things right now. We are nearing the end of term and fall registration just opened. My email inbox is flooded with requests for getting into classes and better grades on midterms and the like. I mean I love my students but do they all have to ask for stuff at once. Maybe this is good parenting practice?

6. Any milestones coming up? Every day is a milestone!

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Dogs all the way. My partner wanted a child before a dog so I am patiently waiting for my chance!
  • @biolprof I have a love hate relationship with progesterone. 
  • @justsuzie Yeah I can relate to that. Doc said that there wasn't any evidence that it would help but it wouldn't hurt either. Not sure if it was the right choice but here I am... I also have little trouble conceiving but lots of trouble staying pregnant. Let's both hope this one sticks!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 5

2. Previous loss(es)? Early MC/CP 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally is hit or miss. I am feeling more positive overall but I can also tell the stress and hormones are getting to me some because I’ve been really short w MH lately. Physically I feel totally wrecked. I am stiff and sore and tired. Which I guess is a good thing. 

4. Any appointment updates? June 5th

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I’ve slowed down my POAS craziness after seeing some good dark lines. So that’s progress right?

6. Any milestones coming up? I just want to get to the ultrasound. So that’s another 3 weeks at least. 

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Hmmm. I have both. Usually prefer dogs because you can get out and do stuff with them...but cats are more low maintenance so that’s my preference at the moment 
  • @laurenmicheley - If you're like me, and you never quite lost all the baby weight, no one might suspect a thing because they can't tell if it's from a new pregnancy or an old one. I'm planning on telling my boss when I announce at 12 weeks because I have so many coworkers on facebook anyways.
    I'm sorry you weren't able to see the fetal pole yesterday. I have a scan today, and I'm kind of afraid of that, but I also know how early along I am. It's still so early, even just a few days off can make a huge difference on an ultrasound. They are literally trying to find something the size of a seed. FX for your next scan.

@motherof3dragons - Ugh, nausea plus throw up has to be the worst. Hopefully the sickness passes through quickly.

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k - Have fun in Europe! Business or to see the sights?

@mommystuebs - How's your knee? It's so scary to fall at any stage in pregnancy, but right now the little guy is so deep into your pelvic, it's hard to hurt him.

@EmilyE13 - I get winded at the easiest things now. I even had to slow down on my walk yesterday. It's embarrassing! GL with your scan today too!

@justsuzie - Phone appointment sounded weird at first, but then I thought about it, and it's probably just all the do's and don'ts of pregnancy. Why do people have to comment on weight in pregnancy?!

@MrsJessS - I finally got my line stealer on an internet cheapie on Sunday, and haven't felt the need to POAS after that! Hopefully that urge is gone for good.
  • @marebear15 just to see the sights and enjoy a vacation! 

@mommystuebs how did you fall? Hope your knee is better

@laurenmicheley sorry you have to wait another week I hope it goes by as quick as possible!
  • Appreciate everybody’s support. Just heard from the doctor. My hcg is 4,094, but my progesterone is low at 8.1 - not feeling very hopeful about Wednesday’s scan. Doctor called in progesterone and I’m praying it will help. 
  • Appreciate everybody’s support. Just heard from the doctor. My hcg is 4,094, but my progesterone is low at 8.1 - not feeling very hopeful about Wednesday’s scan. Doctor called in progesterone and I’m praying it will help. 
    My progesterone about that with my last pregnancy. I was on suppositories for 10 weeks and I had a successful pregnancy.Don't lose hope. 
  • @mommystuebs What a great ultrasound result! I’m so glad everything is measuring well, including that HR!
  • @mommystuebs glad your doing better after your fall. What a great heart rate and scan! 
  • edited May 2019
    1. How many weeks are you?
    7w 1d

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    MMC at 10w

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 
    I have symptoms, so that is reassuring at times.

4. Any appointment updates? 
    Ultrasound is less than two weeks away. I am incredibly anxious.

Rant- The heat has been making me cranky!

No

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats?
    Cats
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got my first round of betas back 776 which literally means nothing because I’m guessing when I think we conceived. I’ve been breastfeeding so my cycle was all over the place. This number seems super low to me considering it was taken at 5weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not trying to overthink it (yah right). I’ve been looking through my old fertility friend notes and I’m falling down a rabbit hole. 
  • @justsuzie Even at 5 weeks i think 776 is completey normal, dont stress until after your next draw. Im sure everything is great

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5w5d

2. Previous loss(es)? Mmc July 17, chemical April 18

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Emotionally.... emotional! Way way way mood swings. Along w my physical symptoms which are pretty mild, but it's a bit of reassurance everything will be great this time around.  Holy hormones batman.  I think being on progesterone supplements for support gives me some peace as well. SO is not as confident as I am. Might take lots of convincing for him!

4. Any appointment updates? My first appt is Thursday,  I'll be 6w1d and praying for an US so I can SEE

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I just wish I could KNOW this will be successful.  Anyone know when we are supposed to stop always worrying?
    Anyone considering a doppler?

6. Any milestones coming up? They found my mmc just shy of 8 weeks, but baby stopped developing about week 6 last time. I am watching for June 12, and to successfully get that far.

7. GTKY: Do you prefer dogs or cats? Doggos! My 2 fur babes better make great siblings!
  • Thanks @mommystuebs. I tried to not think about it all weekend so I could enjoy myself a little. 
  • MollySmMollySm member
    @mammab120 - I have a doppler that a friend gave me during my post-miscarriage pregnancy. I find it reassuring, but I never use it until I am far enough along that I know I will be able to find heartbeat.  Otherwise I know I would freak myself out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @MollySm thanks for the heads up. I need to look into it....pgal brain!