Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie week of 5/20

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):

Re: Newbie week of 5/20

• Options
    @emlettuce So sorry for your loss. We have a thread for those of us who have suffered losses. Join us on TTCAL if you'd like. I lived in PA for a while before moving down south, though I grew up in.... NJ. MH is from PA & always complains about ppl from NJ, except me lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emlettuce - So sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board!

@ataylor507 - Welcome! That's so cute that your husband went and bought ovulation tests on his own! Always nice to see enthusiasm :)
  • Options
    @ataylor507 It also took me a little while to be "Ready" =) & I was about 34 then, too! 35 now. There are plenty of us on this board (& who have graduated from it!) in our thirties, so try not to worry about that. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom thank you! I’m happy I’m not alone! I have a  slight fear about being “too old” but I think that’s just me. I’m sticking with thinking happy thoughts! 

@whitealbum29 thank you!! He’s pretty excited about it! He’s been asking me for a few months now and when I told him I was ready he had trouble containing himself. I’m blessed and thankful that I have such a supportive husband! Our first pregnancy wasn’t exactly planned so going through the process of trying is a totally different experience! 
  • Options
    @ataylor507 and @emlettuceexcited to start/re-start this exciting time with both of you!

Ages (you and SO): both 28

How many months have you been TTC?: first month will be coming up

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: removing arm implant Thursday! I've been lurking here, and will be temping to see how long it takes for me to ovulate

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): recently married and returned from the honeymoon! 

• Options
    @zaslawlz I’m excited too! Thank you!!! 
  • Options
    @emlettuce So sorry for your loss! Wishing you lots of luck this upcoming cycle!
    @ataylor507 Welcome! And @kagesstarshroom is absolutely right. Lots of us here are in our 30s. I am 38, and I was worried about the same thing you mentioned. My husband and I are trying for our first as well, so I can sympathize with waiting until one is ready!
    @zaslawlz Welcome! Good luck on your upcoming cycle!!
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
  • Options
    @bjkay22 Welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss  <3. Looks like your username is bjkay22 right now, not sure if that's what you want it to be! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    bjkay22bjkay22 member
    @brookert615 thanks for the heads up! That’s my old one but I guess I’m sticking with it for now 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @bjkay22  if you changed it on the knot, log-out and log back in here and the new one will reflect!
  • Options
    @mom2dog Welcome! Agreed re: how lonely and isolating TTC can be, it's hard to talk about with people who aren't currently going through it! That's awesome that you have a side job as a baker, how fun!
  • Options
    mom2dogmom2dog member
    @whitealbum29 Thank you!! I've only felt comfortable telling 2 close friends who are supportive and respectful but not going through it.

I'll just settle in here!
  • Options
    hunybunhunybun member
    Ages (41 and 40): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 3 months

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: Just the usual and trying more around ovulation time 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.):
    Boyfriend and I are both divorced and are excited for our future together.  It's been great so far.  
    I am a Human Resources Professional full-time, I have 3 kids, a boy 22, a girl 16 and another girl 4.  I have a cat named Parsnip and a dog named Koda.  I love animals, being in nature, and art.  I paint and draw when I have time and I love to cook.  I also like to travel, mostly to visit family.  Not sure what else to say right now, I am glad to be here and have one more opportunity to add to the family.   

I haven't really told anyone except my doctor and one close friend.    
  • Options

Ages (you and SO): 28, SO is 27

How many months have you been TTC?: not officially TTC yet, but not preventing and will be officially starting to try this summer/fall. I’ve been lurking around here awhile and want to join in the community to learn as much as I can and support others until our time to start for real! 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: right now just enjoying each other. I have been tracking my cycle for about a year and a half since I came off of BC. It’s not the most regular (usually anywhere from 35-50 days), I’ve started temping now to learn that part and try to figure out whats what. I’ve also started PNVs. And once we officially start I’ll be ordering some OPKs to try!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): No kids yet. We’ve been together 5 years, planning to get married next year. SO works in construction and I am a veterinary nurse. We have one mixed breed dog and two cats. I also have a horse! I’ve been riding since I was a baby pretty much and I grew up on a horse farm where my family always had horses and other animals. We’re very excited to start on this journey and I’m glad I’ve found this community to be a part of through it all! 

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): 30/34 How many months have you been TTC?: 1 What are you doing to get knocked up? OPK Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): Baby 1: Alaina 6 years Baby 2: Kaden 1 year 2 dogs: Sadie and Skye Hobbies: PTA, Girl Scout leader, my kids, country concerts, and travel! YouTube since 2012! Job: both Teachers!
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo Aw, your ages were my and MH's ages a few months ago AND I am also in grad school trying to finish in Dec.! I only run for my life or if public transit is about to pull away without me, though, so looks like our similarities end you. Thank you for your service--hope your stay on TTGP is short, but I look forward to getting to know you more while you're here.