August 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Friday 5/24

What did you do to keep yourself moving this week?!

What it's like to try to get up from the floor during yoga 27+ weeks pregnant:

Image result for turtle on its back gif

Re: Fit Mama Friday 5/24

• hemlheml member
    It's definitely getting harder to "workout" but as long as I'm moving a little, I'm calling that a victory!

Gentle yoga on Monday. Had to cancel my barre class Wednesday because a work meeting went long, so I came home and did some squats, standing oblique work, and tricep push ups on my kitchen countertop. Plan is to go for a long walk on Sunday morning. 

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
  • Went to regular barre and still can do it. Yay! 

My dog comes to work with me and we do a lunch time walk every day on top of my regular walking, which is nice! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • I have been lurking and admiring you ladies since I joined this board. I always want to be more active but find it so hard to find something I'm able to stick with.
    Last week I joined MommaStrong, it's for moms by moms, and is only 15 minutes a day. They have a special track for pregnant mommas. It's still early but I haven't missed a day since I joined last Wednesday, so hopefully I can keep it up.
    Thank you all for being an inspiration.
  • hemlheml member
    Yeah @mrosek91!!! I feel like every little bit is gonna help us in recovery, even just doing a few squats a couple of times a week 

@AKuzReve That’s so fun that you can bring your fur baby to work with you!
  • @mrosek91, I heard about this somewhere else too and it sounds so great. Might be something I do postpartum. Yay for getting into it! I also feel like any bit of working out is so helpful. 

@heml, it’s so great. He’s so easy and good and I love playing with him whenever I want. I also call any moving working out haha. I tell my barre instructor that making it to class is an accomplishment in and of itself. Gentle yoga sounds nice. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I had every intention of being part of this group, but I couldnt workout so I'm just happy I can still fit into my maternity pants.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• sw1122sw1122 member
    @AKuzReve - I'm so jealous your pup gets to go to work with you! 

@mrosek91 - That sounds really great - I had never heard of it until just now, but it looks like it could be a great resource postpartum.

@heml - agreed that every bit will help during recovery. When I was experiencing really frequent BH during runs, I was secretly hoping my doctor would tell me to stop, but she said that exercising was one of the best things I could do, but to stay hydrated and just listen to by body and slow down if I needed to. 

Slower and shorter runs with strength training 2x this week. I set my alarm to get up early this morning, but ended up snuggling with my dog for an extra 2 hours. I'll try to make it to the gym tomorrow.
  • @heml way to go on still getting a workout in!  I would have been all “class cancelled?  Im going home to sit on my couch!”

@AKuzReve I’m sooooo jealous that you get to bring your dog to work!

@mrosek91 are they cardio or weight workouts!

@sourlemon that’s still a win!

@sw1122 these slower runs are killing me!

i ran a 5k at Busch Gardens last weekend. It was so much fun and there were lots of animal photo opps!  Have 3 miles planned for Sunday. 
  • @purplg8r it's a little of a mix of everything. Their theory is that since workouts were originally designed by men they don't take into account how the female body works, and what it needs. Especially when pregnant and after childbirth. It's designed to be a holistic approach to strengthen the body.
  • I always forget to post on this thread. I've been going to a center that has pools and group classes.  Sometimes I just swim laps, try to take a water aerobics class 3 times a week as well as a 2 hour gentle yoga class 3 times a week.  Yoga has been really good. Its mostly elderly people so the pace is slow and forgiving. I can 100% relate to the turtle LOL 
  • Hi ladies ! So happy to find other fit momma's on here. I'm not big into Yoga, I can't seem to find a class I enjoy. I'm a hard core cardio 💪 girl. I had to hang up my running shoes last week due to my growing belly and the Florida heat. I'm still able to road cycle on the daily!
    Thanks for posting - I've picked up some good workout ideas! 
  • hemlheml member
    @purplg8r I used ice cream and Veep as my motivation... “if you do a short workout, then you can lounge on the couch the rest of the night.” Have a great run today!