August 2019 Moms

What my Pregnant Self is Eating w/o 5/23/19

What are you munching on?

Re: What my Pregnant Self is Eating w/o 5/23/19

• This baby is obsessed with Lucky Charms.  I will probably never eat a bowl again after this pregnancy (I'm already sick of them), but for some reason I just keep eating them......
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I'm currently eating like a hobbit, just without supper. @peachy0709, my second breakfast all week has been lucky charms. They're magically delicious!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • Forgot to mention and TB wont let me edit... I mix my sugary cereal half and half with plain cheerios. Cuts down on the sugar overall while not cutting down on the volume I allow myself to eat.

• Forgot to mention and TB wont let me edit... I mix my sugary cereal half and half with plain cheerios. Cuts down on the sugar overall while not cutting down on the volume I allow myself to eat.

• I’m not usually a huge fan of extra cheese, but lately I need cheese on everything!!!
  • Welp, today was 50-cent corn dog day at Sonic. I think I eat *maybe* 2 a year, but when I saw that email come across yesterday, I knew it was going to be my lunch today. That and tater tots and diet Cherry Limeade. I've been mostly avoiding fried foods (I might eat them once or twice a month, normally) because my gallbladder gets ornery during pregnancy, but I was risking it today.

I think I may end up with Greek yogurt and honey for second lunch. Maybe add granola if I'm feeling crazy.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Hot Cheetos :(
  • last week I really wanted fried cheese sticks. I got them for lunch from sonic and then regretted it. I usually don't eat fried food and they weren't even that good. 
    Yesterday it was peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. I ate a peanut butter cup chobani yogurt instead. it did the trick. lol 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• I have been obsessed with starbursts lately, which is really weird because I NEVER eat those. 

Also, still eating way too much take out. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Avrilmai I hate when that happens, you get all excited about something and it doesn’t taste as good as you thought it would or makes you sick. That was a daily occurrence for me in first tri. 
  • This past weekend DH and I were out for lunch, and they served a watermelon slice with my food. I loved it and immediately started wondering where they got their watermelon. This would be fine and not noteworthy, except for the fact that I don't like watermelon.

I splurged on Halo Top peanut butter cup today. It's sitting in my freezer waiting for my willpower to disappear.
  • We’re on vacation so I’m eating everything. The B&B we’re staying at includes breakfast and afternoon tea, both of which include baked goods. We had a late lunch (lobster roll and fries for me) and then I never wanted proper dinner, instead I ate half a fritter I’d saved from breakfast and a toffee and chocolate blondie. 
  • @zamora_spin - OMG fritters ... I miss those!! <3 So jeally.

I'm back to my fruit cravings from Tri 1, but basically sticking with bananas (trying not to over do it with the BM issues) and apples with some raspberries and watermelon sprinkled in. It's going to be HOOOOOOOOT over the next 2 weeks, so I'm trying to up my water intake wherever I can.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• aukeevaukeev member
    I'm downing probably more iced coffee than I should. 
  • @zamora_spin Jealous! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• I was "good" and made a granola/Greek yogurt parfait at my desk for breakfast. Not sure if I'm gonna splurge and get some indulgent BBQ for lunch or continue on the path and get a salad. We'll see.
    **History in Spoiler**

• emqbeeemqbee member
    edited May 2019
    I'm having a craving for a grocery store bakery birthday cake. Pretty sure I'm going to stop for a mini one on my way home today...and then put it in the fridge and have it cold. I can't wait.
    Also, green apples, still enjoying sandwiches with spicy mustard and lettuce, cottage cheese. 
    Really there's not much food that doesn't make me happy right now :)
  • @emqbee mmmm cold grocery store birthday cake is awesome.  So much better than room temp for some reason

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• emqbeeemqbee member
    Right? Omg, now I'm thinking I'll probably go to bigger store so I can ask them to decorate it with an obscene amount of frosting flowers.....
  • @emqbee

bakery worker: “what’s the occasion”

me: “it’s Friday”

😂
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 yes!!! I was trying to think of what my explanation would be....
  • @emqbee whenever someone questions my food choices I tell them it's for the baby. For example
    Other person: 3 donuts?!
    Me: yeah one for me, and two for the baby.
  • I was trying to get DH to decide on a place to eat lunch and I listed 3 or 4 places (we work in a pretty small town), he was like "I really don't want to eat that much" ... helllllloooo! That's why I didn't list any buffets. Not my fault you have zero self-restraint. I was like "well, lunch IS my big meal, so either you eat alone or pick a place and make a good choice." [eye roll]

BTW - I ended up with a "Southern" burger (pimento cheese, chili, bacon - though I took off the bacon) and it was heavenly. I'm glad I took a preemptive Pepcid ;) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• emqbeeemqbee member
    edited May 2019
    They wouldn’t add more flowers because it was ‘too small’. Pshhh they coulda made it sloppy. I wouldn’t have cared. It’s as delicious as I hoped!
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    Ladies. Refrigerate your thin mints! Mmmmhhmmm 
  • @mia8263 Frozen thin mints are the best!!
  • @mia8263 @lovelikestardust yes to frozen thin mints!!  And weirdly, I love the combo of eating them while drinking a coke (this is a normal thing for me, not a pregnancy thing lol)
  • Some other fun things to eat frozen: green grapes and sliced bananas :) However, I'm currently eating DD1's mini Reese's Blast because she opted for cereal. Make way for Mom of the Year ovah hea! :D 
    **History in Spoiler**