Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 05/20/2019

Hello ladies! Hope this week brings only good things for us all! 

Welcome @ase33, @littleredm, and @optimism3

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What aspects would make up your dream home? (Or if you already have yours, what makes it your dream house?)  

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  Dx: irregular cycles/mild MFI Rx: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI         

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: Clomid 

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI

@littleredm - Dx: endometriosis/unexplained Rx: IVF

@optimism3 - Rx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?   

Re: TTC Check-in: 05/20/2019

• Good morning all! I can’t believe how much our group has grown recently, but it’s wonderful to have so many women on our teams to cheer us all on! 

I’ve been kinda MIA recently because right after my IUI I came down with a pretty bad cold so I haven’t been on my phone a lot. Which means so many posts to catch up on. This is going to be a long post with all the tagging, but here it goes... 

@cigaline - glad your IUI went well! That does sound crazy how long you had to wait both before and after the procedure! An hour after?! I think I would lose my mind! But I’m also very impatient. Sounds like we may be getting our BW done around the same time. Hope the TWW goes by quickly for you! And, also, what a crazy queue situation you were in as well, but at least you had some pretty considerate women in your group. 

@nancinator - sorry about AF arriving! I’m excited for you to start IVF meds at the end of June, but can understand how nerve wracking it all must be! Are you still going to try this month or thinking of taking a break until end of June? 

@chiblackhawkie - also sorry to hear you got AF too! Totally with you on being happy (if that’s the right word) with just living your life - it’s like doing that means AF and infertility haven’t totally “won.” Sorry that you’re at a kind of crossroads right now with treatment. When are you moving again and starting your new jobs? Hope you don’t have to wait too long to find out about coverage and that it will all work out on that end! 

@blackrose-9 - so, so excited and hopeful for you!!! I agree with the others that waiting till the end of June sounds crazy - I can’t imagine how difficult that waiting must be for you right now! I hope this time flies by and that you only get amazing results at your next beta! 

@sara_tory - sorry to hear about the sweating with Letrozole; does not sound like a fun time at all. Good luck with your US this week! Let us know how it goes! 

@hithertorue - how are you doing with the TWW so far? The 30th is not that far away before testing! 

@2dogsmom - any update on your cycle? I know you said you wouldn’t be testing until CD38 - what day is that? Hope your next cycle isn’t near as long if you do another cycle! 

@inthewoods23 - how are the IVF meds treating you so far? Hope you haven’t been experiencing any side effects?

@littleredm - any update with your files getting transferred over? I can’t remember if you mentioned why you were changing REs? Did you find a better one? 

@ase33 - Welcome! I read your intro post and you have been through a lot!! The hyperplasia ordeal sounds particularly horrible, but glad you came out of it with no cancer!! What a relief that must have been! Sounds like you’re on a good path and hope a lot of the scary, crazy parts are over for you now and that you’ll have much smoother sailing now! Really hope you have success with Femara! 

@optimism3 - hope your baseline goes well today! Let us know how it goes and what you end up deciding on. And, yes, I wish there was one definitive answer when it came to all this! I think this journey would be much easier if I could just know whether or not I will ever have a baby. Like if I knew that it would be another 3 years before I’d get pregnant then, well that would still be a long time of more waiting, but at least I would then know it would happen. 

AFM: my IUI went well on Friday. I was in and out in less than half an hour which was nice with how punctual they were. Just some minor cramping during the procedure, but nothing much after. Have my BW scheduled for June 3rd, but if it doesn’t work I would be expecting AF around June 1st, so we will see. 

QOTW: I would love a double oven! Lol. I do a lot of baking and it would just make holiday dinners easier. I also would love a big yard with lots of trees. There are two big rivers that run through my city so I would also love a house that overlooks one of the rivers. And a reading room. Will be interesting if any of these aspects come to life lol. I can dream at least! 
  • I'm really excited that we have a good sized group of ladies here now! Trouble TTC was my first home on TB after I realized I needed someone to talk to about this journey but didn't want to talk about it with family and friends. I hope you all find relief here having everyone to chat with ❤️

@sincethelastday isn't it nice when procedures go so quickly? It was so funny how quick my 3rd IUI was because in the first one they had difficulty getting the catheter in (my cervix curves a bit) and had to use a tool to pull it straight (not pleasant). The 2nd one they used US with the IUI so that they could guide the catheter and that took some time to get a good image of. 3rd one I didn't even know she had done it (the RE did it that time). I thought she was still prepping things and about to put the catheter in when she said "all done. You're good to go". I felt NOTHING that time.

As for the IVF meds, I had my first lupron shot yesterday. That needle is nothing compared to anything else I've been pricked with. I did spill a little when I took the needle out of the bottle 😬 I'm used to the trigger where all of it is removed from the bottle but lupron lasts a few weeks before it's all gone. I learned to put the bottle right side up before removing the needle for future injections!

QOTW: I have this a little already, but I would love a house in the woods. Like no real patch of grass to mow kind of in the woods. Our current house is on nearly an acre but we have about 0.75 acres of grass with a little wooded area in the back. I wish we were less close to people (they're not on top of us at least like some neighborhoods feel) but otherwise our house is pretty great. It would be a dream if we could completely gut the areas of the house that haven't been updated since our house is 50 years old. Our kitchen is fairly new, but I would love a modern remodel.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy Monday all! 

I’m new so if I mess this post up just let me know! 

@sincethelastday I can’t imagine all the work to put this thread together! Good luck during your 2ww. Ignoring it as long as I could helped for me last time. This month I plan to live as normally as possible and hopefully ignore it even longer. 

@inthewoods23 I don’t have any Lupron experience but hope it goes well for you and leads to good things.

Baseline today and started IUI #5 for me. #5 is supposed to be lucky right? 😋 One great thing I posted on other thread is an amazing nurse gave me donated Follistim this morning, saving me $700 and a long drive to pick it up. Love nurses and how they can make this process so much better. And love this particular nurse who just handled it for me. We all deserve that break sometimes in this - hope you all run into similarly thoughtful nurses and people who help make it easier. 

QOTW: amazing slate patio with Adirondack chairs and a great view, fireplaces in the bedrooms, library with shelves of books 
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited May 2019
    Hello to our newest members- @ase33 @optimism3 & @littleredm --  glad you found us and hope the group and ability to talk about all the ups and downs offers you support like it did for me these last couple weeks!

So much to catch up on. Hope everyone had a good weekend and found some time to show some self love. We had a long weekend this weekend so I get an extra day off today. So nice to just disconnect. DH is building a deck in our backyard so I guess we are actively working on what will make our home our dream house. I love the thought of a reading room too with glass door bookshelves and a big comfy chair!

@sara_tory Sorry to hear about the side effects with letrozole. Hope that you're done with it now? Good luck with your Day 12 US this week and hope it's a good night sleep the night before to make getting up a bit easier on you.

@inthewoods23 hope the start of meds is going ok? Are you cycling for ER this cycle?

@chiblackhawkie sorry to hear about AF starting. Nothing will make that feel any less crappy. But I hope your run and couple drinks helped not make you feel like life is on hold waiting. Truly the worst part of this.

@littleredm hope that your records are over asap so you can work on scheduling your IVF cycle! That has to be so frustrating waiting on an administrative task in order to move on to the next step.

@nancinator also sorry to hear AF arrived. Hope this cycle and the wait to start your ER cycle is stress free. I know that sheer anxiety of the unknown leading up to a next stage, especially regarding drugs and injections. I hope like mine, the actual thing is far less scary than what you are imagining.

@2dogsmom I think your testing timeline fell on this weekend. Still FX for you and thinking of you.

@optimism3 I read your intro and hope that you are now past the anxiety of making a decision and are in the better phase of making plans and looking forward to the hope of success this cycle. FX for you!

@blackrose-9 hope you're still in the clear and things are going well. I bet it would be hard not to continually test. Any chance you could get into a regular doctor to do a blood test? I'm not entirely sure how that works. Seems so long to wait to the end of June. Ugh!!

@cigaline & @sincethelastday glad to hear you both were able to go through your IUIs this past week. We are going to be on similar timelines for the TWW. Hope you find ways to keep your minds on positive things. 

AFM just trying to stay busy. Work has been entirely crazy so I was stressing about being too stressed last week. So annoying. Going to try to have a better week this week. Have a date with some girl friends this week and a massage on Friday evening to look forward to. DH and I should also try to plan a date night, will see if that may even work for tomorrow for his schedule. May 30th can't come soon enough and I'm trying not to count days and symptom spot even though I have been having on off light little cramps and heaviness there the last few days. Progesterone gel has been going ok. I'm doing Crinone 8% and 2x per day. TMI warning, my clinic told me to do a finger sweep every so often. It's pretty gross. Like bits of tissues left in a pocket after going through the wash. Gag! But the good news is it's not a ton of discharge and not feeling sore or irritated from it which were my concerns. Fingers and toes are crossed but still trying to set up my mind to not be crazy hopeful...

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Thanks to all you lovely ladies for being such a great community. I'm thankful to be involved in this craziness with all of you.
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • @sincethelastday I'm so glad that your IUI went well. Try and keep yourself distracted until June 3rd. I hope you're feeling better from your cold too! I've had one too and it's been rough.
    @inthewoods23 I'm learning from your experience too and will make sure to keep the bottle right side up when it's time for my injections. Glad that the shot wasn't bad.
    @optimism3 That was so nice of that nurse. So happy that she was able to do that for you. FX for lucky number 5 (it's my lucky number and I hope it works for you!) Libraries with shelves of books sound amazing.
    @hithertorue You should post pictures once the deck is completed so we can see. I've always felt that having a nice patio/deck and place to hang out outside is so important. I hope that your week is much better than last week.

AFM: All of my records were transferred over. I just had my saline sonogram this afternoon. . The RE said that sometimes with endometriosis it can make that procedure really painful and I guess I was a lucky one who experienced that. I felt really shaky after and nauseous. Good thing is that my uterus looks great and she counted 16 follicles and got the go head to move forward with IVF. I'm in a wedding this weekend so I'll be very busy doing bridesmaid stuff so should be a fun week.

QOTW: DH and I talk a lot about how we'd love a small homestead with chickens and a vegetable garden. I'd love a sun room too where I could fill it with houseplants and sit and I could sit and read.
  • @sincethelastday glad to hear procedure when smoothly on Friday! FX that it worked and no AF for you. 

@inthewoods23 I can totally see why this would be the group to draw you in! 😁 glad I’m not the only newbie lately and yes so happy to have a full size group! Sounds like you’re getting used to the new meds, hope they help. We have similar dream home ideas — I would love to be in the woods! 

@optimism3 welcome to the group! FX that lucky #5 works!!

@hithertorue focusing on your current stuff is often nice, even if it’s stress at work for me sometimes it just helps pull my focus off waiting and (not) symptom spotting. Hopefully your time with friends and massage (ooh that sounds nice) will make this week fly by and put you even closer to May 30th! 

@littleredm yuck sounds like that was not fun but at least the outcome was positive! 16 sounds good. Good luck with the wedding this weekend. Hope you have a great time. 

AFM I finally broke down on day 37 (Sunday) and tested — BFN — then I felt really stupid when AF showed up 2 hours later. 
    Also, for a reason I have yet to figure out, my Dr prescribes the clomid one month at a time with no refills so called Friday for a refill and still haven’t heard back. Day 3 (when I am supposed to start) is tomorrow so if they don’t respond I’ll end up missing this month... not that it seems to be doing much anyway but feeling frustrated. I’m going on a trip with my mom in June so just keep telling myself I wouldn’t want to be morning sick so it’s just as well. Trying to find the positives. 

QOTW: I would love to live in the woods, especially redwoods or pine trees — like walk out my door to a hiking trail. Sadly there isn’t anything like that near here and our jobs and my mom and sister are here so that won’t be happening anytime soon. We did just move to our current house which feels a bit like my dream house because it has a huge kitchen with a large center island and tons of space for cooking. 

• cigalinecigaline member
    edited May 2019
    Hello all!

@sincethelastday glad to hear your IUI went well and more to schedule than mine ;-) It’s funny how we’ve managed to get back in sync again, isn’t it? I thought AF could arrive on 3 June if things didn't work out, and had scheduled the next 3 months in my head in order to check we could get 3 tries in before going on holiday(!) but the nurse pointed out that with the progesterone suppositories, AF shouldn’t come until a few days after I stop them, which won’t be before 3 June. So that shifts everything back nearly a week :-( Does that mean you’re not doing the progesterone then? For my IUI, it was only 20-25 mins after that I had to wait, but they didn’t call me until half an hour after the scheduled time and then kept me waiting for half an hour on the bed before anything happened! But I was really lucky it ended up being on a ‘private practice’ day and I didn’t have to miss my salaried job - I’d have been much more stressed if I’d known people were waiting for me afterwards...

@inthewoods23 those injections sound a bit stressful! Hope you’re getting the hang of them now. I had a similar stress with the cetrotide - it comes with a syringe of water and a powder in a little phial, and you have to inject the water into the powder, mix it and then draw the solution back up the syringe (without creating any bubbles!) When the nurse did it she made it look easily, but the following day DH and I tried together and it took ages to get all the bubbles out (by flicking the side of the syringe, all the while feeling terrified of dropping the damn thing and contaminating the needle!) Seems crazy to expect lay people to be able to do that having only watched it being done once. Hopefully you won’t have anything more technical than the Lupron! Oh and I see why you chose your username ;-) 

@optimism3 that’s great news about the meds! That nurse was obviously meant to come along. It really seems cruel when those kind of decisions depend on finances. 

@hithertorue glad you have stuff to keep your mind off the wait, even if it’s work stress. My work is pretty slow-moving and the moment and it’s painful, I’d rather be crazily busy! The progesterone gel sounds a bit tricky. I have these drop-shaped tablets which I’m supposed to pop inside (as you do). I was worried about leakage and so on (previously discussed on here!) but actually it’s been completely fine. The only thing is, I have to do morning and evening and the nurse told me to stay lying down for half an hour afterwards, which makes the morning schedule that bit more complicated. I told DH he had to make my tea and porridge in order to avoid waking up half an hour early! Which he did though for some reason made it really early so it was cold by the time I got up, but the intention was there  :D What's the reason for the finger sweep, is it to make sure it's evenly distributed? I agree it's sounds ick...

@littleredm sorry to hear about the unpleasant saline sonogram, thank heavens that's over and done with! Sounds good for your follicles though. Enjoy the wedding this weekend. 

@2dogsmom so sorry to hear about AF! No need to feel stupid for the test, it's completely normal to go on believing up until she shows. Especially when you had to wait that long without knowing for definite. That must be frustrating re your meds too - I was wondering about being in a similar situation if this round doesn't work and I need to get hold of all the meds very quickly too. I hope you get a response asap.

AFM, IUI was yesterday so now into the 2WW. I was glad to discover I could do the test 2 weeks yesterday so it really won't be more than a 2WW. Well, I suppose if it's negative I may not be able to stop hoping for a BFP on the second one (second beta 8 June) but we'll cross that bridge... Btw, I did get a bit of bleeding straight after the IUI which no one had warned me about - did any of you experience that? Hopefully it doesn't mean anything untoward. As I said, I'm relieved to discover the progesterone is not too fiddly or messy to take. I told my mum about the IUI on Skype and she sent me a message yesterday saying it sounded as though I might end up having triplets after all seeing as they hadn't found anything wrong with me - but if so she would come and help!!! That did make me laugh as she is not at all overprotective or generally wanting to be very involved.

QOTW: It's funny so many of you mention being in the woods, as I kind of feel as though we are here (or at least as far as one can be in the suburbs of a capital city). Our house is at the top of a steep slope and the garden (only 0.3 of an acre but huge for around here) is mostly untamed woodland. I'd like to turn the top bit into a proper garden and have some planted terraces at the sides but leave the bottom mostly wild (with some paths so we can walk through it). I dream of having a bench to sit on and enjoy listening to all the birds. Inside, dreaming of an extension which will make things a bit more manageable space-wise, and enable me to work from home and see patients here. But if the baby plan comes to fruition, it's hard to see when will manage to make that a reality  :#

• @sincethelastday
    Luckily my doctor ended up calling my back to recheck my levels. They weren't as high as she had hoped but risen, she decided to check again on Thursday.  Fingers crossed 
  • @sincethelastday
     I'm glad your IUI went well and the cramping was minor. Good luck on your two week wait and hope that it goes by quickly. Fingers crossed for you!

@inthewoods23 it is kind of crazy that we have to give these shots to ourselves with only one quick tutorial. But I'm glad the injection wasn't painful. I hope your IVF  cycle is successful! Your dream home sounds pretty much like what I would imagine as my dream house! I love being in the woods :-)

@optimism3 I'm glad you were on the receiving end of a random act of kindness from the nurse. You definitely deserve it after going through this whole process! I hope number 5 is the lucky one. If your Baseline just passed then I think we might be on a similar schedule as my fourth IUI will be this weekend. 

@hithertorue it's awesome that you have set up plans to keep yourself distracted this week. Up above someone said that continuing to live your life feels like a victory because then this process hasn't "won" (now I can't find who said that, sorry!). I couldn't agree more. My husband and I went to Nature Reserve for a walk this past long weekend and enjoyed some of the Spring weather. Making good memories kept me in a positive frame of mind for several days after. Hope work doesn't swamp you this week either!

@littleredm the procedure was really painful for me as well... endometriosis really makes life tough sometimes! It's great that you have so many follicles (ER, right?) And I'm glad you got the go-ahead! Hopefully this weekend keeps you busy and distracted while you wait. Fingers crossed!

@2dogsmom did you hear back about your Clomid prescription refill? That's really absurd if you have to miss the cycle because they're disorganized! Hopefully you can at them to write you a prescription with refills next time. I'm really sorry to hear AF came last cycle. I hope that the trip with your mom serves as a good distraction from this whole process!

@cigaline I'm glad that the IUI went relatively well, have you been able to talk to the clinic about the post bleeding? It's nice that your husband is trying to help you out with the new morning schedule, even if it's taking him a little bit to get it right :-) we do have to do some pretty ridiculous things during this process, and I imagine lying down twice a day for half an hour feels like one of those things! Hope your two week wait speeds quickly by!

AFM I'm just waiting for my day 12 ultrasound and IUI this weekend. Hoping my follicles are growing "big and juicy" as the nurse put it last time ;) 

Has anyone had to do biometrics when they did their IUI? We had to get our fingerprints scanned, pictures taken and height and weight before going in and then I had to scan my fingerprint before they did the insemination. The only problem was the machine couldn't scan my fingerprints! I was like "I swear I'm not some criminal who has burned off my fingerprints!" So instead they asked me all kinds of questions to verify my identity. One of them was to spell my partner's name, so I spelled the anglicized version and she was really suspicious and said "WRONG!" Then I remembered they were using his ID so I spelled the Greek version which is his official name and I passed the test I guess. 🤣

QOTW- I think my dream house would be a home somewhere warm on the Mediterranean. But anywhere overlooking water would be amazing. Big windows, fireplaces in the living room and bedroom and somewhere cozy to read are all essential elements for a dream home in my books. 

• @2dogsmom I'm so sorry about AF. Don't beat yourself up about taking the test. I've done that several times where as soon as I took the test then AF came. It's natural to hold out hope until AF comes. I hope that you have a really fun trip with your mom in June!
    @cigaline I did have some bleeding after my IUI. It was light though and stopped after about a day. If yours is heavy or hasn't stopped then I would definitely call your doctor and ask about it. I hope the 2ww flies by for you!
    @sara_tory Yes I'm gearing up for ER so I'm pleased with the 16 as a starting number. That's crazy that they make you do so much for the IUI. I haven't ever heard of that. Did they mention why they require all of that?
  • @sara_tory we were required to bring our IDs. Then I had to verify DH's name on the form and the number listed on the vial of sperm vs what was on the sperm wash report. Fingerprints seem really unnecessarily high tech!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yes it seemed pretty nutty to me that they wanted more proof of identity than border security does at the airport! I have no idea why it was so high tech...maybe there had been a mistake and this was the response? All I could think was that Jane the Virgin (a CW show) could never have happened at my clinic! 

@littleredm You must be pleased to hear that from your RE --going through the process sounds pretty tough so I'm glad your ER looks like it will have a positive result :smile:
  • edited May 2019
    @inthewoods23 - I remember you mentioning that your first IUI was not the greatest experience because of a curved cervix. I actually had the same scenario where it took a bit of time for the nurse to get it in the “proper place” and had to switch speculums at one point. I’m thinking maybe that’s more common than we think. Good luck with mastering those needle skills and hope it gets easier! Also, I’m envious of your little forest in your yard! 

@optimism3 - thanks for the well wishes. I haven’t really been thinking of the TWW much actually which has been quite nice so far. I know that’s going to change towards the end of next week lol. That’s also amazing what that nurse did - where can I find me one of those? Lol. Hope your baseline went well! 

@hithertorue - can you plan my TWW for me? Lol. You’ve got so many nice plans coming up to hopefully pass the time before the 30th! Hope work eases down a little bit! 

@littleredm - hope your cold has gone away (spring colds are the worst!). Really sorry to hear about your experience with the saline sonogram!  :/ I’m happy to hear that you at least got a silver lining with the results. Good luck as you enter the next steps for IVF and have a fun time at the wedding this weekend and hope it isn’t too crazy/demanding (I remember being a bridesmaid for a bride a couple of years ago and it was definitely an ordeal just because she was a bit of a bridezilla). 

@2dogsmom - I can totally relate to how you felt when you tested and then got AF. I remember distinctly thinking that my first round of Letrozole would work and I was so excited to take a HPT, and when it was a BFN I remember thinking I was so totally stupid. Like did I really expect something different? Unfortunately, I think it’s normal to feel that way sometimes, but it’s a testament to how strong you are that you can move forward and see the positives with things, even when it comes to not having a refill. Saying that though, I hope your clinic gets it’s butt in gear and you get the refill in time! I have found having a three or four month prescription has been very handy so I don’t have to worry about refills each month. 

@cigaline - we’re sync sisters again! Lol. Sorry to hear that your planning may not line up - I hate it when that happens with treatments and life. No, I’m not doing progesterone. To be honest, I didn’t even think of asking my clinic about it. I’ve read that it’s pretty necessary for IVF because a lot of the IVF drugs make it so the ovaries don’t produce a lot of progesterone and some of the cells that make progesterone are removed when the ER happens. However, since this isn’t the case with IUI, some clinics don’t feel it is as necessary to give progesterone. I have had good progesterone levels when tested and my lining has looked good, so I’m thinking that’s the reason I haven’t gotten it. Saying all that though, I am going to bring it up next time to get more of a reason why I wouldn’t be getting it and if it would be a good idea to have it. Also, on a different note, my clinic told me that it’s normal if you have a bit of bleeding after an IUI, so it sounds like you’re all good, unless as mentioned, it starts getting heavier or continues. 

@blackrose-9 - oh, hope so much that your beta continues to rise! Will be thinking of you tomorrow!  <3

@sara_tory - wow! That biometrics “testing” is intense!! Never heard of that before! All my clinic did was ask me to confirm the name on the test tube containing DH’s sperm. I guess they want to be as careful as possible which really isn’t a bad thing. 
  • So, we're having our deck rebuilt (almost done!) But you can see some of our little woods in the back of this picture

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @blackrose-9 glad you got to go in and get tested to confirm levels are rising FX! 

@sara_tory wow that is a lot of security. Funny about the name test too — I would probably get nervous and spell my hubby’s last name wrong LOL. 

@inthewoods23 your yard looks beautiful!! 

@sincethelastday thanks — sadly they didn’t get it in on time so going to do this cycle without meds.... think I might use it as a one month break from “trying” to try to relax. Starting trigger shots with the next cycle which I’m a bit freaked out about so maybe taking some pressure off would be good. 
  • Hi ladies, 
    I'm on my way home from my CD12 US and BW. I left early to get there on time but a traffic jam clogged the streets so the bus wasn't going anywhere. I ordered a car and had to run to meet it at the intersection. But then the cab got stuck in traffic so about 10 blocks away from the clinic I got out and ran some more! Luckily they still fit me in. I guess I got my workout in! 

My follicles are growing much slower than last month but there are two, both 1.7. They want me to use OPK tests until Sunday and if still negative between now and Sunday, come back in for US &BW then.  After leaving they called me because they forgot to give me the ovidrel RX so I had to run back! I feel really stressed after all the running and now stressed about that too. 😬
    I was surprised they wouldn't schedule the IUI yet because CD 15 (Sun) seems late to trigger? I guess it's a normal variance month to month- but should I be worried about 2 follicles (never happened before)? Last month I had one follicle 2.4 and we triggered CD12. 
     Sorry this is a bit ramble-y, I just feel a bit all over the place atm.
  • inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited May 2019
    @sara_tory I forget, are you on letrozole or Clomid? O dates can vary month to month, even medicated. My clinic does not schedule IUIs until they confirm that I should trigger (in which case they automatically schedule it for you).

Of my 3 IUIs, my first was scheduled for 9AM, one was originally scheduled for 8:30 but that got bumped back to 9, and the 3rd was maybe 9:30? It depends on when the clinic can get DH in to then have the sperm wash done when they see that my follicle is ready (I only ever got 1 dominate follicle using letrozole).

ETA: for my 3 IUIs my triggers were done on CD17, 12 and 12 so don't worry if you trigger later. What matters is that the follicle is a large enough size so that the egg is mature when it releases!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited May 2019
    @nancinator Bleeeeh, sorry to hear you got the same results! It's exciting you're going into your next form of treatment though. :) And hey, if you hate shots now, I hear after IVF treatments you'll think shots are nothing.
    @cigaline Thanks. Best of luck with your TWW
    @sincethelastday I have another interview next Tuesday. Feeling good about this job (flexible, family-friendly work environment) and hoping to start mid-June. We'll have our house on the market by the end of next week, and will hopefully sell it sooner than later so we can look into a new home.
    Best of luck with your TWW! You're almost half way through.
    @inthewoods23 Interesting about the new meds! And that's a very nice looking deck you've got. Perfect to look out into the woods on. 
    @optimism3Hoping you get different results by the end of this round of IUI. That's awesome about your nurse helping you out.
    @hithertorue FX for your TWW! I agree, I do think it's best to plan stuff for these times, so you've got other things to focus on without your mind constantly symptom spotting.
    @littleredm Enjoy your wedding, and sounds like you're on the right track for IVF (though sorry you had to go through that pain!) 
    @2dogsmom Uggh! I also tested the day before AF, and that evening started seeing spotting. Sucks, hopefully the test was a cheap one. Sorry to hear the office didn't get back to you soon enough. Hope you can get some stress-free relaxation in this cycle and start off the next cycle ready to go.
    @cigaline Good luck with your TWW! My doctor last IUI said spotting was possible afterwards, and also said it could mean better end results. ;) 
    @blackrose-9 FX for you as well today. Come on, numbers.
    @sara_tory Haha, gotta love fertility specialists' humor. I got a "She's loaded" after my doctor did my US yesterday. And yeah, DH and I both have our photos in the system and have cards we have to present when IUI is happening. Never had to do fingerprints though, you must have a fancy office.
    AFM: Yesterday was my baseline. IUI #3 must mean serious business, because my doctor was the one who wanted to do the scan himself. As I mentioned, he said I was "loaded" with follicles and looked clean of any cysts. It's my last try here at this office, so I hope he gets it this time and I don't have to worry about going to a new office where we're moving. :) 
    QOTW: Our next house WILL have a master bathroom. I'd also like to live in an area where I can just go outside my front door and run safely. A basement bar would also be a perk ;)
  • Good luck @chiblackhawkie. We’ll be in the TWW together. 
  • Morning all. Not sure if I should start a new thread. Just went in for my US and BW on day 7. Apparently have what looks like a cyst. They thought it was a follicle but this nurse pulled the images from my day 3 visit and it was there then too. So I’m thinking they let me start a cycle with a cyst? Not sure why that would happen. Anyone know how that should affect things? Thanks for any thoughts. 
  • @optimism3 It'll be interested to see how they have you proceed, especially since you've already taken fertility medicine (I assume). I had a cyst several cycles ago, and they put me on birth control until it went away (a little less than a month).
  • hithertoruehithertorue member
    edited May 2019
    I need to catch up on posts but thought I would chime in. I have had a small cyst showing both in my monitoring and this past iui cycle where I was on the whole gamut of medications. They pointed it out but maybe due to its size (1.0) and that it hadn't changed I guess it was fine to go forward with the iui... so what I am saying is it might not be a full stop for everything... guess you will have to see?? ... there has to be just some other considerations when you have a cyst since they mentioned it to me too at the beginning of this cycle. Hope that helps make you feel a bit better while you wait to find out.
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Thanks @chiblackhawkie and @hithertorue. Got word from my doc. finally. It’s a large-ish one (15) but they think it’s a paratubal and I guess it’s not messing up my estrogen counts so far so I can keep going? I don’t understand frankly but if they say I can keep going then OK. 

@chiblackhawkie FC for you. When are you in next for monitoring? 

@sara_tory good luck. I agree that it doesn’t matter which day you have IUI just follicle size and that it’s ready. Hope there’s less traffic next time! 

@sincethelastday we didn’t do anything last month and it made me a little antsy but it went fast. Hope it does for you too 
  • @optimism3 Happy to hear you're going to be able to keep moving forward. Wednesday is my first US after Clomid. If my body keeps it's usual schedule, IUI will probably be next Monday.
  • sara_torysara_tory member
    edited May 2019
    @inthewoods23 thanks so much for sharing the variable results you've experienced and reassuring me that the results of my BW and US were normal. It really helped! Going in I got a bit fixated on it going the same way as last month and was a little thrown when it was so different.

(Oh and I'm taking 5mg letrozole).

Today it turns out I have one big follicle and the lining is good...just waiting to find out if I  trigger with ovidrel tonight or if my LH has already started to rise. IUI tomorrow or Tuesday.
    7:30 am on a Sunday is a liiiiiitle early to test 😴

@optimism3 glad you got the go ahead for this month but I'm sure it's a little confusing/frustrating they didn't catch it earlier on day 3. Good luck and sounds like the cyst won't affect things since it's not releasing estrogen. 

Good luck to everyone else with procedures or tests this coming week ❤
  • @blackrose-9 thinking of you and hoping your levels are rising fast now!

@sara_tory it's funny that you mentioned the issue of ID because I managed to turn up for the IUI without any 'proper' ID, only my British driving licence in my maiden name! Call me stupid, but the email they sent us had a lot of instructions, including the fact that Monsieur had to bring his passport and a copy, but there was nothing specified for Madame. I thought that because I'd gone through all the registering business and got my hospital stickers I only needed those (when I went for the second blood test that was all they needed). So I got ticked off by the rather stern nurse who said I should always be carrying ID in case I'm stopped by the police! That made me cross as French people can show their carte d'identité but as I don't have one I'd have to carry my passport everywhere I go, which seems ridiculous to me. Anyway, she accepted my driving licence without too much fuss. Fingerprints seem funny, but photos seem like quite a sensible idea... Good luck with your IUI

@sincethelastday re the progesterone, Iooked it up (one of my 2WW coping strategies has been reading all the scientific literature on IUIs!) and it seems to be given on the basis that the gonadotropin injections can mess up your body's hormones and potentially not produce as much progesterone. But seeing as you haven't had them that doesn't apply. And at any rate the evidence is not that conclusive, but perhaps they just want to be sure they've done everything possible to get the highest success rates. I spoke a bit fast when I said they were no problem, they're actually quite a mess and tend to get everywhere - so I've invested in some large Always pantiliners as recommended by someone on here!

@chiblackhawkie thanks for passing on your nurse's thoughts on bleeding - wow! That's encouraging. I'm really puzzled as to how it can be a positive sign though? Glad to hear things are looking good for you and you're 'loaded' ;-)

@optimism3 sorry to hear about the cyst but glad your doctors aren't too bothered about it and happy for you to go ahead. 

Well I'm 6DPO and been feeling tired for the last few days. Keep wondering if it's for a 'good' reason, but then the thought that if so the tiredness may just get worse for the next TWO years at least is a little freaky!! I'm really terrible on not enough sleep which is quite a big area of concern for me  :#

• Hope the time flies @cigaline. Your medical studies focus seems like a useful distraction - good idea 
  • @inthewoods23 wow your deck looks fabulous! I love it! it must be exciting to be inching closer and closer to your egg retrieval! how are you feeling?

@chiblackhawkie eek i've been getting acupuncture regularly and thought the ovidrel shots were easy... but i have NO idea what to expect with all these unknown IVF meds so i'll let you know in the upcoming month :cold_sweat: good luck with your IUI this week! thinking fertile thoughts x 

@sincethelastday I will not be doing an IUI or clomid with T.I. for this cycle before I start IVF... the early morning monitoring hours are so difficult for me that I'd rather just conserve my energy for the big process ahead. How are you doing? Are you in the TWW?

Glad to see fresh people in the thread! It is disappointing to be in this situation but happy to have a forum to discuss/vent/congratulate, etc 😘