August 2019 Moms

STM+ check-in w/o 5/18

How far along are you? How big is baby?
How old is/are you other kid(s)?
Nails and fails from this week:
Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
GTKY: Favorite musical?

Re: STM+ check-in w/o 5/18

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    26, as tall as a stalk of celery
    3 and 19 months
    Nails - I joined MommaStrong, an exercise program for moms that takes just 15 minutes a day, and I've been doing it despite the fact we are traveling and our schedule is crazy.
    Fail - I cannot figure out how to get my boys to sleep when we are out of our routine.
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 25+4. Baby is size of cauliflower 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 10 yr old and almost 2 yr old boys 

Saw different dr on Friday because my breathing heart racing issue and she doesn’t think it’s anything to do with my asthma but more being really anemic. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I’m the only one that knows it’s a boy. I’m allowed to announce it end of June when we are in Disney. Everyone wants a girl. MH had a dream last night it was a girl and told the whole family so now everyone is even more convinced it’s a girl. So when no one is around I’m saying to my belly ‘I’m happy you are a boy, baby. Don’t listen to these people.’  Even my 10yr old at dinner said randomly ‘I really hope it’s a girl.’ 

not sure If greatest showman is a musical but I loved that one 

• Loading the player...
  • @mia8263 I'm sorry for the pressure/preferences your family is having.  I hope they are over the moon excited when they find out he's a "he" regardless of what they're saying now.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 29 weeks,  acorn squash,  but measuring 33 weeks which is closer to a butternut squash

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 20 months

Nails and fails from this week: ds wore underpants at home for the first time on Friday.  He went 3 hours with 2x on the potty and no accidents before it was time to get into his night time diaper!  Woohoo! 
    He even stopped playing and skyping which he loves to tell us he needed to pee. The other time we initiated bc he chugged his water at dinner and was stuck in his high chair so I wasn't sure he'd think of it.
    We aren't hard core training,  just when we are home we've been getting him used to the idea with no pressure.  I really like this slow-learning strategy so far. We just get to celebrate successes and not worry about set backs bc he's still young and we aren't on a timeline of stress. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: ds weaned last week,  nice closure on his 20 month birthday and mothers day. I waited a few days to be sure and then started eating his allergens again.  So far nuts, oats,  wheat, and eggs are good - no tummy issues after not having them for the last 15-17 months. I'm nervous about dairy but also excited to have cheese for the first time in 18 months. 

GTKY: Favorite musical? Hm, idk.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• mia8263mia8263 member
    @BigBadWolf12 my 23month old has been going no1 on the potty for months but he doesn’t have the words to tell me when he has to go. Does yours? My DS1 wasn’t fully potty trained until 3 so it’s so crazy DS2 is already doing it. DS2 is very stubborn and doesn’t like to be told what to say or do lol so I’m just curious if yours tells you every time or he just goes to the bathroom. 
  • @mia8263 he's a mix.  Sometimes we initiate by asking him if he needs to go,  when he initiates he says "pee" and runs to the toilet.  So a bit of a mix, but he's not consistent at telling us yet. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 @mia8263 I'm jealous DS#1 turned 3 in March and is still struggling with potty training. Last week Monday and Tuesday he insisted on wearing big boy underwear to his playgroup because his "best friend" does and the teacher said he did great only one accident each day. But then Wednesday he decided he just wanted a diaper. And since Thursday he will occasionally ask for big boy underwear, but then refuse to go to the potty. People keep telling me I need to be patient and it's not something you can force. But it's so hard when it will appear we're making progress, and then all of a sudden he'll regress.
  • aecmaecm member
    How far along are you? How big is baby?
    26+1, kale

DD, age 2

Nail - yesterday we went and bought all the veggies I wanted for my raised beds and got them planted (I needed help from DH once DD was in bed...but it’s done!). DH had already started peas from seed and some potatoes from old ones on our counter (😂) but I added tomatoes, bell peppers, basil, cilantro, and cucumbers.
    Fail - my kid keeps running away from me, and I’m too slow to catch her, and it’s kind of becoming a problem. Last week she decided to chase geese at a playground, run into a puddle that was at least 4” deep, got away from me in a (thankfully not busy) parking lot, and also escaped me and ran screaming like a banshee through the library. Sigh. So I think our public outings are on hold until my hired help starts in June. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: spring storms keep messing up my meal plans. We lost power twice (for 2-4hrs at a time) around dinner time the last two nights, so we couldn’t heat up our leftovers and had to go out to eat. Tonight we were planning on going to a food truck event in our neighborhood, but an incoming storm is probably going to cause a cancellation. It’s quite annoying. 

GTKY: Favorite musical? Sound of Music
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Allycat11Allycat11 member
    edited May 2019
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 26w1d
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD6 DS3
    Nails and fails from this week: fail-still feel like crap and can't get much done. 
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I love DD with every ounce of my being but she is soooo difficult. Every time we have to leave somewhere fun she completely loses it and throws toddler style temper tantrums. At 2 and 3 it was frustrating and slightly embarassing but at 6 it is down right ridiculous. Yesterday we went to a carnival at her school and when it was time to leave she was kicking, screaming and crying. We were some of the last to leave and did all of the normal things to prepare her that it was almost time to go. It feels like we can never do fun things with her because no matter how hard we try she ruins it and we all leave angry. There are many challenges to raising her but this one is fresh on my mind. 
    GTKY: Favorite musical? Les Mis 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @aecm sorry to hear your DD has been running off. My DD has always been terrible about that, we say she was born without a slow speed or volume control. Even at 6 I have to be cautious with her in parking lots because she would run right in front of cars. DS is only 3 and 99% of the time he does not run off from me and listens in parking lots...I am very thankful for that during this pregnancy. 

@BigBadWolf12 congrats on the potty training! I am insanely jealous. DD was 3.5 before she potty trained and DS turned 3 last month with absolutely no success so far. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 29w3d  size of a pineapple!

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2years! 

Nails and fails from this week:  We went to see Thomas with our daughter this weekend and it was so much fun.  She loved riding the train and doing all the activities.  She is just too damn cute when she gets so excited.  I wish I had recorded her reaction when Thomas came to the station!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:   There is just sooo much to do before this baby is born. We are getting a quote on windows for all the bedrooms because they are old and awful.  We are also trying to expand our deck/get better railings bc the 2yo could just tumble off the deck the way it is now - so freaking scary.  We also need to finish Emmett's nursery before he gets here. I also want to be able to extend my maternity leave.  Not sure how we are going to afford all of these thinnngggss. 

GTKY: Favorite musical?  I am not a huge musical fan we had a few on VHS growing up  HAIR and West Side Story.  When you're a Jet, you're a Jet. You feel me?

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    29w, acorn squash 
    18m in 5 days
    Nails: We're now in single digits for how many days of school left, and I think I have a great long-term sub lined up, yay!
    Fails: DD has molars coming in.
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    The Sound of Music, closely followed by Chicago
  • I came back to add a rant.
    Last night DS#2 (19mo) figured out how to climb out of his crib. Life as we know it is over.