Pregnant after IF
Options

PAIF - new mommies - March

2»

Re: PAIF - new mommies - March

• Options
    @cashewchicken time is never on our side. ☺️ Glad you got to make it to your goal of a year!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    cashewchicken Just curious how old was your baby when you got the MMR shot early?? My son is 7 months today and I'm torn about whether we should push for him to get the shot early since we are traveling to Hawaii from San Diego next month and airports and planes are a hub for germs. My Dr said it's not recommended unless we are going abroad but he seems to be leaving the ball in our court whether or not to get it...I know its a live virus vaccine so I'm just concerned about how his immune system would handle it so young. :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @knottie My son was 11.5 months old when he got his MMR vaccine. We got him the shot a few days before we left for the trip, which wasn’t ideal as I believe it takes 10-14 days for immunity to set. But I’ve read that measles shot even after the exposure had some protective effect, so we decided it was better than not getting it. Because he got his shot just a couple of weeks before he turned 1, we were told by the pediatrician that he didn’t have to repeat the shot, which is normally the case when a child gets the shot before 12 months of age. My son didn’t have any reaction to the shot, but then he hasn’t had any reaction to his vaccine since 2 months of age. Hope this helps!
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET