Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Weekend 5/18-5/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTO Weekend 5/18-5/19

• Options
    Happy weekend, ladies!!!

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Bump mobile but a bunch of vitamins and a couple meds plus just started baby aspirin and COQ10 and just got DH a “Conquer” on Amazon. It has good reviews so who knows! That came last night and on the bottle it had a sticker to get a free bottle with your receipt of first purchase so that’s cool!

R/R: I caved and bought the expensive OPKs again because it’s just going to be easier camping next weekend! Celebrating DH’s birthday this weekend so that should be fun! 

CS/Q:

TW
  • Options
    ejoseph16ejoseph16 member
    edited May 2019
    Month/Cycle: 5/1 AL

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: benched; OPK and BBT

R/R: I signed my teaching contract for next year yesterday! In my 7 years of teaching, I have never been in the same grade level at the same school ever for more than 1 year, and I haven’t had a contract given to me to sign for the next year since I moved back to Ohio from teaching in Arizona in 2015. So needless to say, I was dancing in the hallway after school yesterday with a teaching friend. I’m so excited to have finally found my home for the rest of my career! 

CS/Q: I think I O’d yesterday. I stopped OPK’s because they weren’t accurate (I’m thinking TW since my loss my hormones are wackadoo end TW) so I focused more on BBT and CM. I’m fairly certain O happened yesterday, but just waiting on FF to confirm.

*edited to chance my CD because, you know, apparently I don’t pay attention to my chart and days 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brookert615 have fun celebrating YH birthday! I have thought about splurging and going back to the expensive OPK’s, probably a better idea with camping! Enjoy your weekend! 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 My goodness! Congrats on signing the contract! Such wonderful news!!! FX you get CHs soon to confirm O!
    TW
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies! It's Saturday and the sun is shining! It's also going to be in the 70s today. Hooray!

@ejoseph16 congratulations on signing your contract! That is so exciting! 
    @brookert615 happy birthday to Mr. Brooker! 🎉 Have a great time celebrating!

Month/Cycle: 10/9 (fourth cycle AL)

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, Fertility Friend, temping, OPKs, tracking CM, fertility tea, RE appointment next week. Starting to get really nervous about that. 

R/R: I need this cold to stay the heck away! I don't want to attempt to sing while congested. Not fun! :(  We were going to visit DH's parents today, but I think I am going to bail. I don't want to get them sick(they're traveling overseas at the end of the month), plus the idea of having the house to myself so I can rehearse and rest is appealing. ;)

CS/Q: I think O might have been yesterday. I still had EWCM and my OPKs were still very dark. This morning's temp is probably not reliable since I slept horribly, don't feel great, and had wine last night. I fell asleep around 9:30, and DH had to wake me up around 11:30 to HIO. 🤦‍♀️ That's romance, y'all. 

• Options
    @emeraldduchess oh my goodness! We talked about HIO last night (the mood just hasn’t been there), and both fell asleep watching Netflix. The struggle is real! At least we are benched. Lol
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess Girl! So sorry you have a cold looming so close to when you audition! Did you figure out an outfit yet? Mad props to YH for waking you up, though! Please feel better! I swear by a zinc and a hot toddy! 😂
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 Happy weekend! New avi again, I see? LMK how YH reacts to being forced to take a vitamin everyday so we can compare notes haha... I support your decision for the pricy OPKs, considering the camping.

@ejoseph16 I always say "trust your temps" in terms of O date--everything else is just helpful, until its not. And CONGRATS on your contract!!

@emeraldduchess I feel like that steady rise could def. be indicative of O & hope the temps stay up there so FF can-might confirm it. Sorry you're still not feeling well, though enjoy the alone time!

Month/Cycle: 8/4AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, PNV, RLT, GFJ, CoQ10, VitD, VitC, Green Tea, eating the good stuff--soon: OPK, CM, BD

R/R: My swap is today! It's supposed to be rainy AND there's the "other" event someone is hosting, so I think we'll have a low turnout--this just means I won't put as much energy into cleaning the house lol. Oops. I had a really lackluster day yesterday, but we had a good date night w/ the free Honey Island Swamp Band concert downtown and then went out for pizza--I also had an alcoholic beverage, which I have not been doing, but I figured it was okay to have a "cheat day"--and I chose well, it was a chai-infused bourbon w/ grapefruit juice &...something else... called a Delhi Derby. Yum.

CS/Q: Does anyone else feel like TTC couples keep the vitamin industry alive and well? I hate how much we spend on vitamins, considering we are very broke. Second question, and this is real specific AND its the weekend, so if no one answers, it's cool: I was getting light-headed during yoga yesterday, particularly in down-dog--should I be avoiding any sort of inversion when I have AF? I thought a simple one like down-dog wasn't an issue, and also AF for me is very light days 4-6, if it lasts through 6, so I was surprised at this. I ate and drank water before I exercised soooo. Just was a bit thrown by this.
  • Options
    @brookert615 hope your H’s birthday celebrations are fun! I’d buy the expensive ones for camping too. I’m considering buying them anyways tbh. 

@ejoseph16 congrats on your contract! Hope crosshairs confirm O for you! 

@emeraldduchess sorry about your cold, hope you feel better soon! Good luck rehearsing and I hope you get to rest!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, pre seed, PNV, ED

R/R: we went to my favorite donut place this morning and then went on a hike! It was so much fun! 

CS/Q: since we were gone all morning I made sure I didn’t drink much and was able to hold my pee for 4 hours. My OPK was darker than I’ve seen it yet. Now I’m wondering if I’m about to O or if I’ve just done a bad job following instructions 😬
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom I was trying to make mine more “happy” the other one was sarcastic haha. I did have an alternative I’ll put in the spoiler but it was even more sarcastic 😂. Yes let’s please compare notes on getting our husbands to take pills LOL. He bought the male fertility pills on his own after my suggestion. They apparently are great for sperm but it’s supposed to help libido too which I’m hoping kicks in super fast because yes we need to HIO for TTC but I do enjoy extra curricular activities as often as possible LOL. Also I totally agree about keeping the vitamin industry very alive and well! Especially some of the supplements even generic are super expensive! I think you’re fine moving around however during AF but I think it might have something to do with iron levels? Whew I talk a lot 😂.

TW
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @kagesstarshroom I think there's just a few poses to avoid when doing yoga during AF but downward dog shouldn't be that bad.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @varimama Thank you! And yes the fancy OPKs are sooooo nice. I just like the smileys as a confirmation lol. That hike sounds so fun! What a great way to start a day! Do you have an app that you can take a picture of OPKs? If it’s getting darker I would try to test a little later today. I usually do at like 5/6pm.
    TW
  • Options
    @varimama I feel like you've unlocked a new level of TTC having held your pee that long for an OPK. isn't it the worst? GL figuring out O! Are you considering temping next cycle, if you have to have a "next cycle"?
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom hope your Swap goes well! Those drinks sound amazing! I might try temping next cycle just to see if it tells me anything but I’m not hopeful with my crappy sleep. I don’t think I’ve had a night this week I wasn’t woken up at least 3 times after midnight. I looked into the Ava wristband on my google rabbit hole last night but it’s way to expensive to justify 🤷🏻‍♀️ I feel like these OPKs are killing me getting to my water goal and therefore I’m ending up with headaches. 

@brookert615 yes I’m going to try and test tonight. I had been testing at like 8:30am and 3pm but I’ve been reading a lot of women get their surge in the evening so maybe I missed mine or it’s possible I diluted it with water or maybe it’s coming late this month. I’m a little worried I haven’t had any breast tenderness. I feel like I usually do during ovulation but of course silly me never wrote down when it happened in the past so I can’t be sure. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama It if was more significant than a faint line my guess you’re either right before peak or just coming off of peak from experience! But I would keep checking just in case to see if the lines start getting lighter!
    TW
  • Options
    @varimama I wake up a lot, but there's still a clear temp shift for me--it can get a bit rocky, but it's always helped for sure.

@inthewoods23 Thanks! I will definitely try to get more iron, esp during AF, & see if that helps. <3 
  • Options
    @brookert615 I have it narrowed down to two dresses. One knee-length in black and green, the other a bright blue maxi.  I don't know if there will be a dance audition, so I'll bring my dance clothes just in case. :) 

@varimama FX O is coming!  What kind of donuts did you get? I've been craving donuts SO much recently!  But good, local donut shop stuff, not Dunkin. A new place opened around the corner from me and I am scared to go there because if it's good, then I won't have the willpower to stay away!

@kagesstarshroom that cocktail sounds yummy!  I love cocktails with grapefruit. Skinnygirl has a good grapefruit margarita!  I agree, there's definitely a crazy market for all things TTC.  I'm sure the tea that I'm drinking probably isn't actually doing anything, but it tastes good (and there's a lot!) so I keep on sipping it. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I vote green and black (I may be biased bc those are the colors of like 90% of my wardrobe lol). I got a powdered creme (basically a donut stuffed with frosting and covered in sugar that DH says will give me diabetes), plain glazed, and a blueberry fritter. I ate them over a few hours not all at once lol. I always think dunkin is good them we go to this place and I’m like woah why do we ever go to dunkin? I guess bc dunkin is like 5 minutes away and this place is 30
    minutes but it’s worth it! 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama all those goodies sound so good, especially the blueberry fritter!
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess yes the blueberry fritter was probably my favorite and I almost didn’t get it! 

Question: my OPK was darker yesterday evening but still not positive, if I get a positive OPK this morning do I need to test again tonight or can I wait until tomorrow morning? 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama A yes means ovulation is anywhere between... 12-48 hours, but I would say typically it's like between 12-24. So... it goes like this... (LOL OMG I googled the words "gradual incline surge gradual decrease" and the pic that came up was a graph about LH--I didn't even type LH! Google knows me too well these days -_-) anyway, so ignore the actual WORDS on this chart, and pay attention to the dots---you're gonna see it increase if you test during the light purple and then it'll be positive during the dark purple and then negative during light and white again-- my POINT being, you could test positive when the LH surge is on the way up or down depending on how close you are the O.

So these dots are done over a series of days & the tester only gets one positive. I usually test every twice a day UNTIL it's clearly negative again so I know the LH surge is over--I guess everyone's surge is different & some ppl test positive for longer than others (see # of hours above.) Anyway. I hope I didn't type so much that this makes less sense haha.

AFM: I had my swap yesterday & people who had said YES on the FB event just didn't show up and that REALLY made me mad! There was another event at the same time that I didn't go to BC of my event, so that makes me feel even worse---one that someone would throw another event (at least, like, contact me when you are planning your event and be like "hey do you want to move yours?" as I had invited one of the people who the grad party was celebrating and the wife of the other!!!! and i would have--don't, less than a week before, plan yr graduation party that overlaps with me shit and expect me to be happy about it. clearly I can't go to your thing when I'm expecting ppl at my house only hours later?! Ugh. The swap was fine, but one person showed up and no one else of her size was there & I felt super bad bc I said "all sizes and styles welcome" and two of the ppl who didn't come would have been ppl who could have swapped with her. She took some books home, and seemed to have a good time, but still. Only one of those ppl texted me yesterday to say she wasn't feeling well--someone else texted me this morning (whom I KNOW went to the other event!) to say she was sorry but hadn't come bc she was afraid nothing would be in her size, but I feel like she's only texting bc it got back to her that I was pissed? I *know* I expect too much of people, but--I will save a rant about having trouble making/keeping friends during grad school for another day. Morals of the story 1) Don't say you're gonna go to something and not go!!!! 2) Don't piss ME off.

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom thank you so much! That graphic is super helpful! I’m sorry people didn’t show up when they said they would. For some reason RSVPs mean nothing to people anymore. They either don’t respond or they say yes and then still don’t show! It makes me so mad! I just donate stuff now bc of too many no shows on Craigslist, the small amount of $$ is not worth it to deal with no shows. (Or people showing up to buy a couch or queen bed in a tiny sedan and realizing it won’t fit 🤦🏻‍♀️)
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @emeraldduchess Sorry about the cold :( Are you opera or music theater singer? I am a musician too. 3 degrees in it (1st two in performance and last licensure to teach in my state) I have found the performing aspect challenging tbh which is why I shifted to more teaching, although there are still lots of performances. 

@varimama  I have *one* at dunkins about once a year. Even grocery store bakery donuts are a ton better than Dunks, those used to be my weakness! Sorry about the OPK ambiguity. I am getting "high" on Clear Blue and negatives on my cheapies. So confusing, but maybe a digital would put your mind at ease?

@brooker615 Good call on the digital. HBD to Mr. brooker. :) 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, EOD

R/R: Fell of my low-sugar diet this weekend, but I had half of the Mexican tortilla salad at Cheesecake Factory (Skinnylicious menu) yesterday and it was SO GOOD. Highly recommend.

I am aiming to HIO 4 times this cycle, minimum. It is so weird to think MH and I didnt have sex for 2.5 years and now we are doing it 4-6x a month. This time of life is weird and a lot of work.

CS/Q: nada
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited May 2019
    @kagesstarshroom Girl! I am so sorry that it all unfolded like that! That’s so infuriating! I don’t understand why people are like that! 

@bobbyflies2020 Oh my! That salad sounds fabulous! Good luck with keeping up with HIO! 

Soooo not sure what my body is doing but I had a temp dip today and a “high” result on my advanced OPK! So hoping we can keep up with HIO now that I think I’m going to O earlier! DH has been keeping up with his fertility supplement and his vitamins and we’ve both been taking our Mucinex. Also for those who talked about pineapple I went down the rabbit hole and apparently taking baby aspirin does the same thing? But the pineapple messes with PH? 🧐 

EDIT: Words

TW
  • Options
    @bobbyflies2020 I totally fell off my lo-carb diet this weekend-- DH & I had pizza Friday night & I told him about how I was trying to eat lo-carb (I've just been... doing it rather than talking about it bc he is starting to think I'm crazy w/ all this TTC stuff...) and then he made breaded & fried catfish sandwiches yesterday soooo even though I could have ditched the bread I just...didn't. Weekends, I declare, are for cheating.

@brookert615 MH drinks pineapple juice bc (((TMI warning?))) his sperm is super acidic and pineapple juice helps balance it out so it doesn't... BURN me. I was just reading somewhere how the pH of a vag changes w/ the flow of our cycle, so that was interesting to me. That's quite the temp dip! I have O'd on 3 different cycle days (13-15) according to FF, so who knows! Have fun HIO!

@varimama I blame two things on people's general unreliability: cell phones and the internet. Before them, if you said you were gonna be somewhere & didn't go, everyone was like "where's so and so? They said they would be here!" Now, since we can just send a text or DM, we aren't as reliable as humans. And I'm fine--as long as ppl let you know BEFORE not showing up that they're not gonna show. I didn't feel like it was up to me to contact them and be like "hey where are you you said you'd come to my thing." Anyway. Thanks to everyone who said something nice about this; I really hate being mad, so hoping I will get over it soon. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Man! Pineapple does so much! It’s crazy!
    TW
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1
    CD: 13
    WAYDTGP: Unprotected sex EODish, no pulling out today on (hopeful) O!
    R/R: Trying was supposed to start in July but we talked about rolling the dice just a little early and it’s my first month of actual hope!
    CS/Q: nope

Just wanting to join in and hang out, assuming it’ll be a while at this pace, but hoping to enjoy trying!
  • Options
    @bobbyflies2020 I do musical theatre as a hobby. :) No degrees in performing arts, but I was an elementary/midde school drama director for a few years. I auditioned for a local theater's summer musical production today. I thought it went well, but you never know what directors have in mind! I am a stronger actor and dancer than I am singer, but I can hold my own in an ensemble! I can sing both soprano and alto (also been known to pinch hit as a tenor, too). 
    I didn't know that Cheesecake Factory had a Skinnylicious menu. Good to know! All I ever hear is how unhealthy the menu is there (unhealthy yet delicious!).