January 2020 Moms

PGAL Check-in w/o 5/15

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 5/15

• 1. How many weeks are you? 4 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 at 10/11 weeks after we saw the HB

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Right at this minute I am am an emotional wreck. I'm waiting for my hcg/progesterone test results and I keep playing out the worst case scenario in my head. Overall I've tried to be positive and tell myself "today I am pregnant".

4. Any appointment updates? I had a pregnancy confirmation appointment and it went well. I'm waiting until my hcg results come back to make my 8 week appointment. Which I guess doesn't make sense..

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? The lab tech who drew my blood yesterday blew my vein and the whole area is bruised and swollen! Yuck!

6. Any milestones coming up? Not yet!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? I just finished watching Dead to Me and Working Moms on Netflix and I enjoyed them! I love 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Dr. Who, and the Office.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 glad to know I’m not the only one still testing to watch the line get darker. FX for a great beta increase!

1. How many weeks are you? 3+6

2. Previous loss(es)? Early MC/CP 4/19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Feeling better emotionally. Telling my husband helped because he’s so excited and that really helps brighten the mood. I’m still anxious but I have a “good” guy feeling when last time I just “knew” from the start of that makes sense. Physically- the nausea is more manageable but my boobs are so sore

4. Any appointment updates? MH has a long weekend so I’ll go Friday to do my confirmation with my doctor to get referred to the OB/midwife

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as a dating scan or figuring out my due date? I didn’t have a cycle after my MC (which the Dr was ok with) but I’ve been using the date I started bleeding for estimating the EDD. I am just not sure what to expect going forward. And with military healthcare I prefer to know what I want/need so I can ask for it because they aren’t always the most helpful. Sorry. That was long. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Not for a while. If we can get to the US and see a heartbeat I’ll feel immensely better

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? Firefly 😭 Currently loving Lucifer and Westworld. And I just started Big Little Lies and I like it so far 
  • @MrsJessS I know people say it’s not a good idea to do it, but I’m crazy so I’m not going to stop. At this point I’ll take whatever helps me feel ok. 
  • @kbrown2385 - When will they do a viability scan? Hoping for a really good beta today! I've been super tired the past two days, I can't imagine helping someone move.

@motherof3dragons - Ugh, I hate when a blood draw goes bad. My last beta caused this huge red streak down my arm. It was weird, but it went away after two days.

@MrsJessS - I keep waiting for the dye stealer line on a cheapie. My FRER stole some dye from the control a few days ago, but my cheepies just got to as dark as the control.
    Did you have a day you thought you ovulated? What CD did you test positive?
    Ooh, I keep meaning to watch Firefly, but I have yet to sit down and watch it.

1. How many weeks are you? 4 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 early MC in January

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Pretty good actually! A negative thought comes across my mind here and there, and I won't let myself plan our DD's move into her big girl room yet, but I'm actually not quite as nervous as I thought I would be.

4. Any appointment updates? My next appointment is the end of next week.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I told my nieces and nephew (ages 10, 7, and 4) I was pregnant again last night. I asked my SIL if they would be okay knowing, and she wanted them to know. So I sat them all down and told them I had a surprise. The 7 year old guess I was pregnant immediately. Then I reminded them of the baby we had lost in January and she asked if that baby was alive again. I told her no, that baby was in heaven with Jesus and this was a new baby. She then got very somber and asked how we knew that this baby wouldn't die too, and I told her that all we could do was pray. She wanted to pray right then! I was a little afraid of how the conversation would go, but they were all excited and happy and understood everything after that first bit of confusion.

6. Any milestones coming up? Saturday is 5 weeks, and that's when I started miscarrying last time.

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? I could watch Friends every day.
  • @motherof3dragons hope you get your results soon! The wait for that makes me the most anxious. 
  • @motherof3dragons I just finished dead to me too it was good!

@MrsJessS were you temping or using opks?

@kbrown2385 Fx for your repeat beta today!

1. How many weeks are you? 4 weeks 

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 2/19 at 8 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? A little better emotionally after getting my betas back and seeing that they rose appropriately. They're actually higher and doubling faster than in my loss cycle but I know that doesn't always mean something. Physically my boobs are so sore, some cramps coming/going. Still fighting this cold too. 

4. Any appointment updates? 1st ultrasound 5/29!

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really, just trying to enjoy that today I am pregnant and wait for my 1st scan. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Not until 8 weeks. But in my loss cycle my 1st ultrasound during 6 weeks my RE told me to be cautiously optimistic as the baby was measuring a few days behind and the HB was "weak" So I think if I can get through my 1st scan and there is a strong HB and measuring on track that will probably be the first big milestone for me. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? Law and Order

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @marebear15 I am still over here waiting for the cheapo to get as dark as the control lol. I think I ovulated on cycle day 12. That was the day I got some cramping. I had the first positive test on CD 25. 

@hanshotfirst77 unfortunately no. I wasn’t sure if MH would be home in time for O and I just couldn’t emotionally deal with a positive OPK before he got home. 
  • @MrsJessS - I would probably just date it by the first day of bleeding. Even if you ovulated on CD12, that's only 2 days earlier than the "ideal" cycle. Also, with your first positive on CD 25, that would make you 10dpo by the "ideal" timeline, which sounds like maybe you had a later implantation if you did O "early." At any rate, LMP dating should get you in a good range, plus or minus 2 days. 
    I feel like I rambled; does that make any sense?
  • @marebear15 no that totally makes sense. I just wasn’t sure if it wasn’t something I should be asking the Dr about...because they tend to just move you through the system and hope for the best it seems
  • MollySmMollySm member
    @MrsJessS - I've always gotten an early transvaginal ultrasound at my first appointment (somewhere between 6.5 and 8 weeks), where they measured and gave a due date.  But I know not everyone gets that.  If you isn't have a LMP date, I assume your doc would do that to give you a die date, but you can always call, explain and ask.  

1. How many weeks are you?  4w 2d

2. Previous loss(es)?  A blighted ovum between my first two kids 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I am just taking it one day at a time.   I am loving being pregnant (this will be our last if I don't miscarry) and just refusing to think about January or anything farther ahead then just being pregnant today.  I haven't even called the doctor yet, which is not like me.  Physically, my breasts are super sore, I am nauseated unless I am shoving food in my mouth, and I get RLP every time I turn quickly. 

4. Any appointment updates? I suppose I should call and make an appt.  I also need to call and cancel a mammogram scheduled for next week 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? H has stopped drinking alcohol with me, which he has never done for a pregnancy before.   I like it 😁

6. Any milestones coming up?  Nope

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show?  My all time favorites are The West Wing and Gilmore Girls 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• mokay19mokay19 member
    1. How many weeks are you?  6+2

2. Previous loss(es)?  At 7 weeks in 2016

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?  Physically I feel so normal that it freaks me out still. 

4. Any appointment updates?  Well, I’m a crazy person. We wanted to tell our parents over the weekend since we were seeing them both. Since our appt wasn’t until Monday, I found an ultrasound place that does heartbeat scans starting at 6 weeks. So I assumed they had a transvaginal machine. They didn’t. And they lady was like “I think you’re only 4 weeks”.... so I left super upset. BUT THEN We saw the heartbeat on Monday at the RE and I let out the BIGGEST sigh of relief. 
    I have another scan on Monday at 7 weeks. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I basically ranted above. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Monday’s scan to track the progress!

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? Probably like Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, GoT, and Big Little Lies. Those cover all my moods haha
  • mokay19mokay19 member

@kbrown2385 FX for good results today! And I took tests every few days until my scan. No shame. 

@motherof3dragons I’m definitely the same way about playing out all the worst case scenarios. Fortunately, DH is more positive so he tries to keep me balanced and tolerates my crazy well!

@MrsJessS are you being seen on base? When I was seen on base, they did a group intake appt around 8 weeks. And then I did an actual OB appt between 10-12 weeks and that’s when I had an ultrasound on base. I was fortunately being seen by a civilian RE so I had other scans while waiting for the OB. I was only pregnant at one base though so idk if other hospitals are different!

@hanshotfirst77 ooohhhh Law And Order: SVU is my jaaaaaammm. 

• @MollySm - That's a great way to look at pregnancy. Just one day at a time and being thankful for that day.

@mokay19 - What place would do a heartbeat scan at 6 NOT transvaginal?! Sounds super sketch. Glad you were able to get into your RE and saw the heartbeat!
  • @mokay19 me too! I miss the old original L&O too but if I see it on I'll still watch it. And SVU is a must. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• mokay19mokay19 member
    @marebear15 I was just happy that they didn’t charge us because they couldn’t find a heartbeat. Also, I told DH that I can’t believe that they even advertise for 6 weeks without transvaginal equipment! Most people go to this place to find out the gender so I also don’t think she’s used to such early scans. 
  • @marebear15 if today’s beta looks good it should be close to 6 weeks for the viability scan. If they don’t see the heartbeat then, we will wait a week and scan again. I’m hoping to get my re to do a few more betas after today just to keep my mind at ease.
  • @MollySm I was scheduled for one at 8 weeks w my loss so I’m assuming that will be the same this time 

@mokay19 I am. So with my loss I went in for the intake appointment at about 6 weeks then they had my first US scheduled at 8 weeks and my first actual Dr appointment at 10 weeks. So we will see if they do things the same this time. They are kinda a hot mess 
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    @MrsJessS okay I just looked back at my stuff and I’m an idiot because they did do an ultrasound at my 8+2 appt for dating haha. Hopefully they pull it together! We were out in Washington state and I had really good experiences with my midwife and the delivery team and NICU so I have no serious negative memories about the care once I was settled in. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 6w2d

2. Previous loss(es)? C/p jan 19 and m/c march 19

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Hopeful, scared, sick. Very sick

4. Any appointment updates? U/s Friday 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? None

6. Any milestones coming up? I started spotting at 6w6d last time, really wanna make it past that

Anything on hgtv. Also really liked You and Dead to Me on Netflix. Currently excited for the Bachelorette 
  • @mokay19 I’m originally from WA! We are at Hood now. And it’s not bad. The doctors I’ve seen have actually been really nice. It’s just so big that nothing felt personal. It was very one size fits all care I think. They also tried to give my friend the flu shot twice becauw they forgot to put it on her chart that she had had it 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    @MrsJessS were you there for your first one, too?  I switched from OB to the midwifery care at JBLM because it was definitely more personalized. However, I chose to be delivered with an OB because I wasn’t willing to commit to a natural birth when I had never done it before haha
    Also, you would think they’d be a bit better with records. When my husband got out, he picked up his medical records and we opened them months later... he also had someone else’s records. So fortunately, we’re not criminals to use this persons info against them. Crazy. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? I am 7 weeks today!

2. Previous loss(es)? 2 (12/13 @ 13 weeks, 6/18 @ 6 weeks)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I am exhausted, nervous, and feel way sicker than any of my other pregnancies so maybe thats a good sign? 

4. Any appointment updates? Ultrasound on 5/31. Beta check on 5/8 was well within normal range.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Do you find yourself irrationally upset when women take their pregnancy for granted? When they eat the risky things or tell everyone the moment they test possitive? I am not meaning to be or sound judgey and I know my feelings are irrational and from a place of jealousy. I am jealous that they haven't experienced the pain of loss (though I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy) and can just blissfully go about their pregnancy as if nothing bad will ever happen. Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Ultrasound! I will calm down when I see this little bugger and a heartbeat. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? Right now ita definitely GOT. What am I going to watch after next week now?!?!
  • @mokay19 MH was National guard when DS was born so he was born at a civilian hospital and I had a civilian OB. So basically I got spoiled 😂 Here I think you automatically see a midwife unless you are high risk
  • I have an ultrasound today and im so scared something will be wrong 😭
  • @mommystuebs fx for a great scan today! 
  • @mommystuebs good luck on your scan today!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @mommystuebs good luck today! ❤
  • So monday when i had an u/s the hb was 120 and i measured 6w. So today i should measure 6w4d but i measured 6w3d with a hb of 127 should i be concerned?
  • @mommystuebs I wouldn’t be. Everything is so small even the tiniest difference in placement of the measurement can throw it off. Heart rate looks good and there was only a days difference. What did your dr say? 
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    @mommystuebs I wound only worry if your doctor mentioned any concern. At this point, the baby is still millimeters big so slightly blurry or moving images can fluctuate a day or so. 
  • My doc wasnt concerned but im literally 2 days from where the spotting first started before my loss in march so im freaking out.  Baby was measuring perfectly at 6w6d with hb of 137 when spotting began lost baby at 7w3d 
  • @mommystuebs PGAL brain is the worst. I’m sorry you’re feeling anxious and I totally understand. Everything looked great though so try focusing on that and just remind yourself that today you are pregnant. Fx for you, hoping everything will be ok. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5wks4days

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin at 7wks4days

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I continue to be super anxious. Since my last baby was through IVF I feel like I “cheated” somehow by managing to get pregnant naturally the first month of trying, so am consumed with feelings that it’s too good to be true. Physically I get winded SO fast. Also, periodic nausea continues. 

4. Any appointment updates? US on 5/23

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I wish I could just enjoy this time instead of constantly worrying and researching. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Just the US so far. 

7. GTKY: What is your favorite tv show? I loved Veep and am sad it ended. I could also watch re-runs of Parks & Rec and Great British Baking Show all day, any day!
  • Hi ladies! I’m going to jump in with my intro and I’ll come back and reply!

1. How many weeks are you?

3+4 (I think) 6dp5dt Just got a definite positive today although now I can see the line from yesterday. Transfer of 5 day old embryo was on Tuesday May 14. So it’s like I’m 11dpo. 

2. Previous loss(es)?

MMC Dec 2015 (only pregnancy with own eggs), MC July 2019, CP Oct 2019. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

Numb. The first thing I said when my husband asked how I was feeling was I don’t want to have another miscarriage. 

4. Any appointment updates? 

I’ll try to get 2 betas before heading home. (Currently in the Czech Republic solo with my 2yr old and this is where we’ve done all of our fertility treatments)

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

What does the bump still suck ass. Like why can’t the app work properly?

6. Any milestones coming up?

nope

Currently my longest running obsession is Grey’s Anatomy. Just finished GOT. Looking for a new show. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kbrown2385 did you get your betas back? and you too @motherof3dragons

@MrsJessS I’d imagine your doc would want an early transvaginal US to date you. Where are you currently located and when are you headed back to the US?

@marebear15 I can watch Friends agin and again!

@hanshotfirst77 glad your betas we’re good!! That’s so reassuring!! What’s the 77 in your screen name for? 

@MollySm I thought I’d want H to not drink with me but it turned out I didn’t really care (except the smell of beer grossed me out!! ) but I would mind if he did quit this time. 

@mokay19 that’s crazy they tried to do an abdominal scan. Glad they didn’t charge you. And I’m glad to did get the see a HB. All the shows you mentioned I love so I might try the Office next. 

@mommystuebs sorry you’re so sick! I’m excited for the Bachelorette too! Guilty pleasure show. Also if your doc wasn’t worried I wouldn’t be. Being off by a millimeter is common and makes early dating hard. Hang in there. 

@Kwickline I hated feeling sick but also I liked it. It did give me some reassurance. And yes to be blissfully unaware of loss. It does make me angry and also long for that feeling. 

@EmilyE13 that crazy that your first was IVF and this is natural but I can understand you feeling like it’s too good to be true. Infertility adds a whole other set of worries. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @susykat77 good luck with your betas!

The '77' is for the year Star Wars came out. For non star wars fans, Han shot first is reference the original version of A New Hope where Han Solo shoots Greedo. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited May 2019
    @susykat77 the bump app is the worst. Betas have been doubling well. They went from 145 (13dpo) to 314 (15dpo).

eta: my dr just called and scheduled my viability scan for 5/29 and I’m kind of freaking out
  • @susykat77 I’m in Texas lol. My husband is military and I’m seen on base and they don’t go out of “routine” often. Right now I’m scheduled for my intake appointment at 7 weeks and I will probably have an ultrasound around 8 or 9 weeks depending on availability of appointments.