Pregnant after IF

3rd trimester check-in for W/O May 13th

bkatpbkatp member
edited May 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? How often do you take time out for it.

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list

Mama's to be  

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

northbeach3  6/5 GIRL!

@momifbysea 6/9 BOY! Eviction Date 5/14

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

Re: 3rd trimester check-in for W/O May 13th

• How far along / EDD? 31W3D
    • How is everyone feeling this week? still dealing with insomnia. I will stay up till 2ish AM, so I'm really tired in thje morning and it's thought to focus at work 
    • Upcoming appointments? Wednesday! hope my BP is still ok with the swelling getting worse now. Thanks to the cabbage remedy! 
    • Questions? not yet! 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? How often do you take time out for it. I guess being on social media, when I finally get to lay down or don't have anything to do which is mostly before going to bed 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    • How far along / EDD? 37+3
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Good, just getting tired
    • Upcoming appointments? tomorrow, NST, AFI, Ob 
    • Questions? Any of you having mild cramps? I ll ask my ob tomorrow if it is normal to have them now
    • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? How often do you take time out for it. Talking to family and friends. Whenever I find time I try to make a call including drive time to and fro from work, 
  • Loading the player...
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @babydust2507 did you ask doctor for any tips for insomnia ?

• @bkatp yes I have cramps and they said it was normal. i guess I'll ask for the insomnia at my next appt in Wednesday. Do you have it too?
    • How far along / EDD? 36+5
    • How is everyone feeling this week? impatient!! really bummed my 37 week scan got moved to 37+6... constantly monitoring if things are happening, like the baby dropping.  starting to feel more lower back pain, so maybe? also sleep is terrible! getting up to pee every hour on the hour. :\
    • Upcoming appointments?  OB check on Wednesday, will get GBS results I assume
    • Questions?  Hey STMs, what tracking apps did you use for things like contractions... and then post-baby, keeping track of feedings / diapers?
    • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? How often do you take time out for it.  my DH and i really like escape rooms and there are a ton of different companies that do them in vegas, so we try to do one every few months.  probably won't be done one for some time. :\   but hope i can convince people to come over for game nights in lieu of doing an escape room.
    @bkatp def starting to feel more cramps on and off, and if i stretch in a certain way, i feel pain sometimes... i assume round ligament pain.  my lower back just started aching today too.

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Hey everyone! My last week here as my c section is in 4 hours!                                                                               

• How far along / EDD? 36+2
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Ready. I did finally get some sleep and I’m just going to trust the docs. Yesterday she said she’s got two units of blood on hand for hemorrhage and all bases are covered, like when you bring an umbrella do you don’t need it. Lots of people praying and I have a good feeling all will be well.
    • Upcoming appointments? N/a!
    • Questions? Maybe c section recovery tips after I’m at that point?
    • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? How often do you take time out for it. I love hiking and visiting national parks. Lately that hasn’t happened obviously but I look forward to getting back to it!
  • @Momifbysea hope your c-section goes smoothly! As for recovery, the biggest thing I learned is that moving helps. Get up and walking, even short distances, when you first can. Stay on top of pain management, it makes it easier to heal if you listen to your body. I was fine going up and down stairs as soon as I got home. The only painful thing was the first time I coughed! I learned to hold a pillow against my stomach when coughing after that.
  • @Momifbysea  - oh man you are a mommy by now!!! So happy for you. I agree with @persnickity... get up and make yourself move as soon as possible. It will help make it easier in the long run. I think depending on your pain tolerance, stay on top of the pain but the sooner you can switch to tylenol or something lighter, do it. I wanted the worst of my pain to be at the hospital and not when I got home and all of the pain meds wore off. definitely listen to your body though. Don't try to do too much too soon. 
    @northbeach3 - I used an app called "babyfeedinglog" just a black square with a bottle. It was simple but really easy to use. separated left from right breast and even had bottle option. I downloaded the wonderweeks app (based off of the book) & it was AMAZING! went through all of the different developmental leaps baby makes during the first year. Helps explain extra fussy times and things like that. Since my son was early, I never got to an app where i tracked contractions. lol. 
    @bkatp- it's so hard at this point to determine cramps, contractions, braxton hicks, just overall pain. As you get closer to your due date, I would imagine they will start to be more regular as your body is getting ready. I remember having contractions at 37 weeks but they weren't regular enough to be concerned. I get all of my phone calls in on my drive to and from work too! 

• How far along / EDD? 34w 4 d- eviction date 6/17
    • How is everyone feeling this week? surprisingly my nausea seems to be at bay these days... although I'm too scared to not take the dicglesis at night. My lower back is sore and I don't think my belly button can stretch anymore! I used to have my belly button pierced and the scar is stretched so much that it hurts. The things we don't think about at 18. 
    • Upcoming appointments? yesterday for normal ob. 36 week scan (really 36w6d on the 30th)
    • Questions? I more worried about having back labor for the next month which I hear is really common with an anterior placenta. 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? How often do you take time out for it. - I really love to craft and I hardly make time at all anymore for it. I'm just too tired by the time we get my son to bed. I have been working on a cross stitch christmas stocking for my son since I was pregnant with him 3 years ago and I dont think i'm even halfway done with it. LOL. I also enjoy reading which I am trying to do more of. Even if it's only for 30 min at nighttime. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrsyngmrsyng member
    edited May 2019
    Hi ladies. I’ve been mia for a bit. Our baby boy Avery was evicted on 5/1at 36wks after my ob visit via caesarean. It has been an emotional rollercoaster. 

I somehow developed severe preeclampsia in between the Thursday before (I had seen my pcp for a sinus infection and BP was ok)
    and my ob visit and no meds would lower my BP via IV after 2-3 hrs of monitoring and baby boy was breeched. Surgery went well though I was nervous and had no plans for a c-section or any that had happened. I vomited a bit right after the anesthesia and was quite itchy after from all the iv pain meds. The pain wasn’t too bad and managed with meds. Took another two days of tylenol and Motrin after discharge. 

Baby had problems regulating his blood sugar so he’s still in the NICU but he has greatly improved and we hope he will be going home this week!! As soon as he can eat all his bottles without the assistance of a ng-tube. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    Wow !! 

@mrsyng @Momifbysea congratulations both of you !! Praying for speedy recovery from c section and health of your babies. Hope both the babies are out of NICU ASAP. 

@Momifbysea glad everything went well

@mrsyng sorry to hear about preeclampsia. Did they tell why was it triggered 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited May 2019
    @Griffin5413 yes hard to differentiate but they feel like menstrual cramps. In checked with my Ob and she said they are expected, she checked my dilation and baby is in birth canal but I am just 1 cm dilated but she said it could go either way 
  • omg, so much action overnight!  congrats to @mrsyng and @Momifbysea! hope your little ones graduate from the NICU soon.  

@mrsyng did you have any other symptoms of pre-e before your second appointment? swelling? fast weight gain? i'm wondering if i should be monitoring my BP at home since we have a blood pressure cuff. sorry that you had such a quick change but glad to hear you and baby are doing well. did you happen to have all your stuff ready, or are you still getting things before little avery comes home?

@Momifbysea glad you were able to catch a bit of shuteye before your appointment. are you guys still deliberating on names? 

@bkatp well i guess it's you and me who are next! so crazy!  was it normal for your OB to check your dilation status or did s/he do it b/c of your concern with cramps/contractions?  i'm wondering what I can expect at my 37w ob appointment tomorrow... since my MFM appointment got delayed another week, i'm curious what the status of LO is... how could they tell that your babe was already in the birth canal? did they do their own scan or can they feel it?

thanks for the app tips @Griffin5413! i'm gonna check them out! :)
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• bkatpbkatp member
    @northbeach3 yes just both of us. I guess mine wants to stay longer inside but they scheduled induction at 39+4 - May 28th. Our ob office checks cervix from 36 weeks so it was part of usual process. She got to know about the baby’s head being in birth canal by feeling it during the cervix check 
  • Oh wow, thanks for the info @bkatp . They just did gbs swab at 36w. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow if they’ll do the same. Can’t believe you already have an induction date!!!

• @mrsyng - congrats on baby Avery! Hopefully his blood sugar will regulate and you will get to take him home soon! That's got to be scary with how quickly the preclampsia came about. I'm glad you are recovering well!
    @Momifbysea - look at you up and posting the day baby arrives! I'm glad you are feeling good. Hoping he is breathing well and out of nicu soon! 
    @northbeach3 - I remember them checking my cervix at my 37 week appointment with my son. You can always ask your ob. 
    @bkatp - Sounds like your little boy could come anytime now! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No contractions so no cervical check today at OB. Also GBS pos, blergh. waiting  continues... 

HDBD

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited May 2019
    Congratulations @northbeach3 on passing GBS. May be they will do cervix check next week. My ob did tell me that not all offices do that cos it doesn’t really tell anything 1cm could stay for weeks or change the next day 
  • wow congrats on all the arrivals! Busy week over hear--wishing you all the best with healing and brining your LOs home soon!

• How far along / EDD? 30+6
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling ok but definitely more tired than i was in 2nd tri
    • Upcoming appointments? none this week
    • Questions? n/a
    • GTKY: what is your favorite pastime? I love to swim or be in the water.  So getting out on the lakes is essential to me--i'm a little sad i won't be able to get in the water for at least 6 weeks after the birth.  That's all of August!!
  • @northbeach3 cervical checks are optional and frankly the level of cervical dilation has little to no relation to when you actually go into labor. There may be some instances (like if there is a problem) they may push more for one.  Sorry about the GBS+, I was positive last time, and other than needing antibiotics it really was NBD.

@Momifbysea so glad the c-section went well. I hope your little one gets out of the NICU soon!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• bkatpbkatp member
    @northbeach3 I am sorry I didn’t read it properly I thought u said passed. Just another 3 weeks hopefully will get by with antibiotics. Great bump 
  • @northbeach3
    As wabash15 said, GBS+ is really not a big deal, just means you'll get IV antibiotics during labor and depending on your baby's doctor, they may test the little one afterwards to make sure all is good. I was GBS unknown since I delivered the week before my planned GBS test and the plan was to do antibiotics during labor (if I got that far) and then a blood culture on the little once she arrived to make sure all was good (which is on the super cautious side, but my pedi wasn't going to take chances). But I had a c-section so no one cared about it in the end XD 

@mrsyng
    I'm surprised at how fast pre-E can develop too! I was fine at my doctor's appt (BP was a little up but nothing that worried my doctor and no swelling of note)....and then 3 days later, I was admitted after a peace of mind scan! Sounds like your little is doing well and will be out of the NICU soon! Babies are tougher than we think!

@Momifbysea
    Congrats on your arrival! Sounds like everyone is doing well and your little one should be home with you soon :smile:
    i can just second what others said on the c-section -- get moving ASAP even if it's uncomfortable!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Oh and remember we have a closed Facebook group for all the new mommies :smile:  Baby pics, questions, discussion, etc -- I think alot of folks are more active on Facebook than the new mom's thread here because it's a bit easier.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563424387441169/?ref=bookmarks
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Hi, it's been a rough week. First the stats: his name is Zachary Michael, 6lbs7oz, 19 inches. His breathing kept getting more labored the first couple days and the poor guy was just working those chest muscles so so hard to open the lower lungs which were still sticky. So two nights ago the decision was made to transfer him to a level 3 nicu and more intervention. DH followed the transport team (hardest moment ever maybe and I bawled my eyes out in front of the nurses) and I stayed here as I'm not discharged until later today. The good news is we went from a decline to now his doing well on a cpap. He has a feeding tube now and was given his first meals ever through that yesterday (prior had been I.v. Fluids as they were worried he would aspirate). I have been pumping here to bring milk later today for his tube but it is hard to pump when he’s not here. I strolled to the nicu window and saw his empty bed, man this is hard. We don't know how long we will be at that nicu staying (I will be driven there when I get out) but I can't wait to be with him again. Prayers are appreciated! I have faith he will be okay it’s just part of his story.
  • @Momifbysea First Congrats. Second, your story is exactly like mine. My son was born at 36+2, born in respiratory distress. He was transferred to a level 3 NICU less than 2 hours after birth. I was stuck in the hospital for 48hrs. I know how hard it is. He was on a CPAP for 5 days. Total NICU time was 21 days. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk. I know exactly what you're going through. The second time I saw my son was when he was being wheeled out in his incubator. The biggest thing to remember, don't overdo it when you get out. You can be re-admitted for complications and you don't want that. Hugs, mama. I'm praying his stay is short and he will be out soon. Please reach out to me if you need to talk. I know how isolating it can be. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @Momifbysea will definitely pray for shorter stay in nicu for the baby. I am sure he will do great and be released soon 
  • @wildrainbow thank you. Your story moved me to tears. Thank you for reaching out in a perfect way at the perfect time. I will update everyone as things progress. I’m due to leave this hospital in the next couple of hours and can’t wait to see him.

@bkatp thank you for your prayers. I keep reminding myself this is just a small part of his miraculous story that started with that very first fertility visit almost three years ago. He is the little embryo that could!
  • @momifbysea I am so sorry you two are separated. Its so hard on a mom's heart. Sometimes looking at a picture of your little can help while pumping. Hugs and prayers that he is a fighter. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Momifbysea sending prayers your way. It sounds like Zachary is where he needs to be but I wish him a short stay there. 
  • Sending you strength @momifbysea! I can only imagine how difficult it was to be away from your newborn. It sounds like Zachary is in capable hands and I’m glad your getting discharged soon to be by his side. I hope he stabilizes so you he can go home soon. Keep us posted, we’re thinking of you!!

• Thanks everyone! Quick update..,he is off the cpap and now on high flow oxygen so that was a graduation! Also, he is tolerating larger feeds through his feeding tube so they will take out his iv tonight and if his respiratory rate comes down a bit they won’t be as worried about him aspirating and will let him try and nurse in a couple of days!
  • @Momifbysea That is amazing!! I'm so happy to hear that! Zachary is one tough cookie. He's ready to be home with you. Hang in there mama, it will be a bit frustrating from here. Don't be surprised if you take 2 steps forward, one step back. I remember when my son came off CPAP, I was so excited! He had to keep his NG tube longer than we wanted tho. He didn't get his first bottle until almost week later and nursing happened a few days after. I say that to let you know, that NICU is full of ups and downs, dont let the downs discourage you. On the days the downs get to you, lean on the nurses. They are angels from heaven, who love our babies. Still praying for a super short stay. Hugs, mama. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @Momifbysea glad to know he is doing well and you are meeting him. How are things now 
  • Congratulations to all the new mommies! Sorry I'm really busy at work right now and can't find time to check in
    @Momifbysea glad to read progress with your little one, sending prayers your way, be strong mama!
  • @Momifbysea - I’m just catching up. First I’m so glad you are ok and that baby Zachary is doing better! Praying that he will continue to improve and be home in your arms soon! Thanks for keeping us posted. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don’t know if anyone will read this now really old thread but thank you all so so much for your thoughts and prayers. Zachary was 2-1/2 weeks in the nicu and i didn’t leave the hospital at all during that duration. I couldn’t leave his side. What a fighter! He is doing well at home but still chokes at least once every feed, whether breastfeeding or with preemie nipple, but we will get there! I’ve been to exhausted to get in the Bump, just kind of in the moment, survival mode, so please forgive my absence.
  • @Momifbysea
    Glad to know Zach is doing well. Chocking during feed happens with my baby as well and I think it is normal with NB. Same here exhausted with new lifestyle changes and otherwise. Started work today after 12 weeks