July 2019 Moms

Take home outfits!

We are coming around the home stretch here ladies and I was just wondering what you plan to bring your littles home in? Bonus points for pictures! (I still havent decided yet.. )

Re: Take home outfits!

• Everyone who knows me knows my yellow lab is my first baby. When we took DS home three years ago he wore a two piece outfit. The shirt was navy with a cute little lab on it, that actually resembled my fur baby. The pants were white and had little navy stripes and little labs on them. For these twin boys I kept searching for the perfect coming home outfits but nothing jumped out.. UNTIL I found two outfits that both have the same little dog.. I knew these were the ones. I won't be dressing these twins in matching outfits so I was shocked to find two in the same store with this print. 
  • @cb123391 how cute—I think those outfits were meant to be!
    I’ve packed a number of different outfits in the baby’s hospital bag, to account for a range of sizes and temperatures. Mostly onesies, but I couldn’t resist putting a little dress in too, in case we’re feeling fancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited April 2019
    I am Kickee Pants OBSESSED, and all of the baby clothes I am taking are Kickee.  :D Our coming home outfit is a set like this... If I get motivated to dig it out, I'll post an actual photo of the print. 
    https://www.kickeepants.com/shop/pc/showsearchresults.asp?theme=KicKeePants&keyword=kimono+gift+set

ETA: To anyone who thinks I'm crazy for spending over $40 on a tiny baby outfit...I didn't! I am a member of (SEVERAL) BST boards and this particular outfit came from a Sample Sale. 
  • I tend to overthink it and overpack and in the end both of my girls have come home in a footed sleeper. I plan on packing a newborn size and 0-3 M little brother sleeper for this one to wear home.
    were not fancy 
  • Bear14+Bear14+ member
    I'm bring this guy home in the same outfit I used for DS and then DD. It's kind of sentimental now! I hope if one of them have a kid one day, they will use it too. Haha wishful thinking, I know. 
  • scp2585scp2585 member
    If the Red Sox are playing that day I'm hoping to bring him home in some fan gear :)

• hakelehakele member
    @scp2585 that’s a fun idea! 
  • Football onesie of our favorite team. Our oldest came home in a basketball onesie and the middle in a baseball onesie. I’m going to print all three out for a collage. We’re huge sports fans so it worked out perfect to have our three favorite teams 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'll just use the same sleeper I brought DD home in...or at least one of the 2 I had for her at the hospital. Nothing fancy. I'll be packing a few sleepers this time since DD was naked for a week in the hospital after she was born due to lack of planning on my part and I've always felt bad about it since the hospital was so cold...so I am hoping to keep this babe clothed and hopefully a little warmer. 
  • cindlercindler member
    Ignorant FTM question...

Why is the take home outfit such a big deal? I plan on just bringing a few outfits in a couple different sizes. They may not even match, idk, the idea of dressing another human sounds hard! 
  • @cindler to me it’s not a big deal — I grabbed a few options in a couple sizes. I did the same for ds1. Our discharge was so hectic that we didn’t even get a really cute picture. Your plan is just fine!
  • i plan on getting the following, might swap out the onesie with a different saying. not sure if DD will be home when we get home that day, if she is i won't change it. also plan on bringing a couple other outfits (sleepers, kimono top/onesie, gown) for options. just in case this one doesn't work out. 

• @cindler some people like to save the outfits for sentimental value, some pick things that are cute for pics, others just need something to focus on for those last few drag ass months lol. With my first 4 we didn't really pick anything special. Just a cute, comfortable onesie or sleeper. We are doing something a little bit different this go around because it's our last and because we want a special pic to post. The actual coming home is pretty uneventful. 

No right or wrongs, just whatever you are comfortable with. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • hakelehakele member
    @leylea89 Mmm. Cookies. 
    Those are really fun! 
  • @cindler +1 to @mama_bear19 in that I didn't pick any special outfit. I just took the only 2 NB size sleepers I had to the hospital with me for DD and I just figure I'll reuse these since she outgrew them pretty much right away and we never used them again. This at least will make sure I get a little more use out of them:) Honestly we don't see anyone when we come home anyways. As long as baby is in something comfortable I'm happy. I found there were so many super cute outfits I was gifted for DD that I never used because I just couldn't see them being comfortable for her.
  • @hakele thank you! It’s definitely something I’m doing more for me than for the baby or the party guests but happy mom happy baby 😂
  • I'm torn about whether to buy two (one boy one girl) and return the one I don't use or find an either appropriate one... I'm leaning towards two, because I'm obsessed with this ATM: https://www.vineyardvines.com/baby/eyelet-swing-set/8W000001.html?cgid=girls-baby-clothing&dwvar_8W000001_color=100, but we'll see...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • hakelehakele member
    @greeneyedgirl12 That is so freaking cute. OMG. I'd be so devastated if I didn't have a chance to use it, though. (you could send it to me!!) 
  • Bear14+Bear14+ member
    @greeneyedgirl12 I love Vineyard Vines!! They make the best kid clothes!
  • @BeatboxBaby ahhh that is soo cute!!! I'm in the same boat, scheduled induction around July 1st/2nd so thinking we'd be going home July 4th too and I've been debating a patriotic outfit! But I'm team green so not sure what I'll do. I love what you got!!!
  • @ccmama3 Eeee yes I'm so excited!!!
  • @ketomommy I love it! I bought a "The Future is Female" onesie a few months back--3 mos, so can't use it for a while--and I am super excited about baby girl wearing it eventually.
  • hakelehakele member
    @foodislove I LOVE the amazon one! Very cute! 
  • @foodislove I love the BBB outfit, but that's probably because I'm a big fan of everything grey and stars. The Amazon one goes so well with your theme though!! You can't go wrong with either.
  • Oh my good gracious all these outfits are so cute! I'm jealous that you all have these much prep work done and I still haven't even washed or organized half of babies clothes! I think next week I'll hopefully get around to it so I can decide on several outfits! Our hospital takes super cute pictures so I know I'm bringing a crocheted mermaid tail for those. 
  • @nopegoat that’s so adorable!

The rainbow outfit I picked sub way too big for a newborn burn i came across this onesie at Ross that’s all rainbows with a big rainbow in the booty! Gosh I love big prints on the booty 😂. I bought that because it might fit him but also have a few newborn onesies just in case he’s small. Don’t think he will be though. He’s measuring 4lbs at 32 weeks. 
  • @Niesen27 I feel very unprepared but lucky because I just had my shower on Saturday. 
  • @leylea89 yes a big print right on the babies butt is my favorite too!! I had tons for my first! Now that #2 is a girl I'm realizing the love of diaper covers with lots of ruffles 😍
  • Omg! Diaper covers! And ruffles! I gotta look for cute boy diaper covers now!