October 2019 Moms
Options

All Groups Check-In (Week of 5/6)

2»

Re: All Groups Check-In (Week of 5/6)

• Options
    @jenferlee82, I don't know how you are surviving that much travel for work! Is your work travel always this frequent? I can barely manage to keep my house clean working full time, I can't imagine what kind of disaster it would be if I traveled 5 weeks straight 😬

@stephanie123456 and @ineedsixeggs, happy birthday to you both!! 🎂
  • Options
    @ineedsixeggs Happy Birthday!!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stephanie123456 @ineedsixeggs Happy Birthday, ladies!!

@kindbytealikat I have the vision stuff too - my OB said it’s normal unless it starts to blank out my peripheral vision. It’s super weird!
  • Options
    @galentine I normally travel roughly 50% of the time, but  it usually happens in stretches like this. I hear ya on the house - I’ve had to accept that it will be DH’s version of “clean” on the weeks I’m gone. Which is very different from mine, let’s just put it that way. 😂
  • Options
    emily1052emily1052 member
    edited May 2019
    @stephanie123456 and @ineedsixeggs Happy Birthday!!!!  

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly well the preschool screening happened. I felt like a failure of a mother but I think he got in. It wasn't really made clear to me so I'm calling next week. Also, my fiance had this issue with DS. Except I went from a really high sex drive/need to barely wanting to be touched for months. It drove a wedge between us for a little bit to where he was going out with friends after work all the time and leaving me alone cause he thought I wanted that. He has since learned I just lose interest in sex when I have heartburn threatening to make me puke every few minutes. He is t so bad now. He asks and if I say no he usually just cuddles instead. So maybe yours will come around! 
    Whoever had the little moo, that's adorable. My fiance and how whole family and DS all drink milk like it's water too😂 I hate milk. Alot😂 that's pretty funny though 😂

• Options
    Robi1Robi1 member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 10/19 16+5

Baby is the size of a(n): baby?

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Surprise

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd appt on 5/11

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Good! Having trouble making myself eat enough to avoid  getting dizzy but otherwise really good. 

Rants/Raves: Coming up with a third girl name is HARD.

Questions: Do maternity swim suits really work for all the stages of pregnancy or will it  eventually be too small??

GTKY: do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Quattro, since it's number four
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @Robi1 I was able to wear my tankini top to the end (I just used my regular bottoms
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    @Robi1 I was able to wear my tankini top to the end (I just used my regular bottoms
    Same as this 
  • Options
    @robi1 I just bought a regular 2 piece. Last pregnancy was an August baby so I was basically huge all summer. I did have to size up though (actually ended up in a plus size top because by boobs were massive....)
  • Options
    Robi1 said:
    Questions: Do maternity swim suits really work for all the stages of pregnancy or will it  eventually be too small??
    DS2 was due in early July. I wore my regular bikini bottoms and bought a maternity tankini top that lasted me through to the day before he was born. This time, I plan to buy a couple maturity suits as I spend a lot of time at the beach and pool with my kids and I know one tankini top isn't going to cut it. Maternity store sells tops and bottoms as separates. So I'd save the money and wear the bottoms you already have.
  • Options
    DD / Weeks + Days: Oct 20/ 16 Weeks 5 Days
    Baby is the size of a(n): Action figure
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue
    Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan and appt May 24
    How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Feeling pretty good, just tired. I feel like I was bigger this far along last time.
    Rants/Raves: 
    GTKY: We just call him baby brother. DD1 has named him Coco. When we ask her what his name's going to be that's what she says and she's stuck with it. LOL.  When we ask what his real name is, she'll say the right name, but she's calling him Coco
  • Options
    Robi1Robi1 member
    junebabyh said:
    Robi1 said:
    DS2 was due in early July. I wore my regular bikini bottoms and bought a maternity tankini top that lasted me through to the day before he was born. This time, I plan to buy a couple maturity suits as I spend a lot of time at the beach and pool with my kids and I know one tankini top isn't going to cut it. Maternity store sells tops and bottoms as separates. So I'd save the money and wear the bottoms you already have.
    Ha! I'm glad all of you ladies are able to wear parts of your same suits but that will never work for me. My hips expand at least 8" each pregnancy and I have to wear an entirely new size of underwear, PJs, sweatpants, leggings, everything. I cannot wear anything from "pre-pregnancy" past maybe 20 weeks. None of my non-pregnancy suits would have a chance of fitting my ginormous hips and butt and they would be laughable on my enormous pregnancy boobs too. I can't believe how many peoples' hips stay the same size through pregnancy, that is just not a possibility for me. 

I bought a maternity one piece off Amazon that fits nicely now at 16 weeks and definitely has a stretchy belly/room to grow, but it just doesn't seem like it'll fit a 9mo-pregnant-with-my-fourth-baby belly. I guess I'll see. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    @Robi1 I bought a couple of shirts that I wasn’t sure wouldn’t be big enough for the end of pregnancy. I shoved some other clothes up underneath to see how much stretch they had 😆
  • Options
    Robi1 said:
    junebabyh said:
    Robi1 said:
    Ha! I'm glad all of you ladies are able to wear parts of your same suits but that will never work for me. My hips expand at least 8" each pregnancy and I have to wear an entirely new size of underwear, PJs, sweatpants, leggings, everything. I cannot wear anything from "pre-pregnancy" past maybe 20 weeks. None of my non-pregnancy suits would have a chance of fitting my ginormous hips and butt and they would be laughable on my enormous pregnancy boobs too. I can't believe how many peoples' hips stay the same size through pregnancy, that is just not a possibility for me. 

I bought a maternity one piece off Amazon that fits nicely now at 16 weeks and definitely has a stretchy belly/room to grow, but it just doesn't seem like it'll fit a 9mo-pregnant-with-my-fourth-baby belly. I guess I'll see. 
    Glad I'm not the only one! My hips have expanded quite a bit already, at only 18 1/2 weeks. So, dumb FTM question - is it a permanent change? Did they stay that way after birth?
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 I think it just depends on the person. A lot of women, their hips will stay wider, others will go back.  I went back to same size pants and weight from pre-baby after DD1, but looking at pics, I have more of a pear shape now than stick straight like I was before. I think I just held on to fat in that area more than other areas. So really, it's a crap shoot whether or not your hips will stay or go back.
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 I went back to the same pants size and weight after baby 1, but like @alinic916, clothes just fit differently than before. Not bad, just different. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @alinic916 @greenbean-2 Thanks, ladies! Now if only my boobs would stay the way they are now, to balance out the hips, I wouldn't worry about it. LOL
  • Options
    My hips did not go back to what they were. Which makes buying pants a bigger nightmare then before. As for your boobs.... they will never look the same (without a bra) as before 🤣🤣 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
     As for your boobs.... they will never look the same (without a bra) as before 🤣🤣 
    Ain’t this the truth 🙈
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    OMG @prpl11butterfly! I'm dying!!! 😂
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Outside of the BF photo, I can concur with everything in @prpl11butterfly’s boob pic
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    Robi1Robi1 member
    Robi1 said:
    junebabyh said:
    Robi1 said:

Glad I'm not the only one! My hips have expanded quite a bit already, at only 18 1/2 weeks. So, dumb FTM question - is it a permanent change? Did they stay that way after birth?
    My hips went back inches-wise to where they started, it took 6-9 months after each child though. I can "fit" in the same pants I wore previously but anything that was lower rise especially does not fit the same. My weight is distributed differently. I have a lot more muffin top with tight waistbands, so I definitely ended up remaking my wardrobe of non-stretchy pants, wearing slightly higher rises and I even like to by my underwear a size bigger than I used to before kids because the waistbands just feel better. I still weigh the same in between kids but my body is just different. 

Also, while my boobs are definitely not as full or perky as they once were, they really don't look bad at all and look the same in a bra so it's not a guarantee that they'll look awful, though certainly everyone's experience is different. 

At 16 weeks with #4 my hips are already 3" wider than they were at 4 weeks. I had to wear my maternity pants by 8 weeks since my hips just wouldn't fit in my regular pants. You're not alone!!
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Options
    @cmbt2 yea, mine were only lopsided after nursing from 1 side. Once the other side was empty they were even again.
  • Options
    galentine said:
    My hips did not go back to what they were. Which makes buying pants a bigger nightmare then before. As for your boobs.... they will never look the same (without a bra) as before 🤣🤣 

Quoting this to post it twice, that's how strongly this matches my feelings on all of this!  :D
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @cmbt2 yea, mine were only lopsided after nursing from 1 side. Once the other side was empty they were even again.
    I never breastfed, but I’ve heard others say it’s a thing!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    My breasts were totally lopsided when I was breast feeding DS thanks to my slacker left boob but evened out eventually once we weaned. Curious if lefty will be a slacker again this time around. 
  • Options
    That’s why it’s nice to see your perky boobs back when you’re pregnant again. “Oh my God , hello girls you perked back up, I have cleavage again!” 🤣
  • Options
    My breasts were totally lopsided when I was breast feeding DS thanks to my slacker left boob but evened out eventually once we weaned. Curious if lefty will be a slacker again this time around. 
    Mine was my right, then it completely dried up. Literally couldn’t get anything out of it. I breastfed by son for 3 months straight from one boob only ( I still am mystified by this 🤔)
  • Options
    @jal88144 Oh wow! I’ve heard of slacker sides but don’t believe I’d heard of a side that stopped producing all all together. I enjoyed breastfeeding overall but it was a lot of work, and stress at times!
  • Options
    Yes one side can completely stop, especially if production is low to begin with! I never had a slacker but my right side was much more prone to clogged ducts and blebs. Ouchhhh. This time round, my nipples hurt so much. Like they're dry. I have coconut oil and lanolin I put on them and they still feel dry and cracked and they hurt so bad. I hope it ends before the baby comes cause I had a rough start with DD and don't want to repeat that again!!!