EDD/Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? 

Re: All Group Check In 05/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 19/12w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Possibly pink (ultrasound at 12 weeks looked like a girl according to sonographer), but finding out for sure at 20 week anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: Early June

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Same old, same old. Still feeling pretty sick. 

Rants/Raves: Even though I'm not feeling great, it has been a much better week for me. We're finally telling our friends (family already knew), and it is really nice to not have to keep it a secret anymore. Also, now that my SCH is resolved, I am letting myself pick up my toddler when I need to. Parenting an almost 2 year old is a lot easier when you can pick them up! He's happier, I'm less stressed, and it is much easier to get things done. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? No. Once we are sure of the gender, I'll use he or she. I'm not really an in utero nickname person. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I use pillows under both hips and some times one to lean against so I am almost on my stomach. I just get my best sleep fully stretched out and my boobs still hurt a ton and now my belly is starting to hurt on my stomach. My back has been jacked up since labor and delivery of my last one so even stomach sleeping can mess with me. Just frustrating to feel like I can never get good sleep without aching so much. Getting old sucks.
  • Options
    mhavel1mhavel1 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    Nov. 22/12+3
    Apricot 
    FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    FTM
    Finding out!
    Upcoming Appointments: 
    June 7...that seems too far!
    I finally have my appetite back 🎉 other than some RLP/stretching and some dizziness, things are much improved!
    Rants/Raves: 
    I CANNOT wait to get my energy back! I run a restaurant as well as a farm and am ready to get back to spending more time working outside! 
    Questions:
    Has anyone been perscribed Metoclopramide to aid your stomach in emptying faster? My ob recommended it but I'm anxious about the side effects list.
    GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Peanut, nugget, little one! 

I'm glad to hear the positive reports on a good Mother's day and hope everyone had a relaxing weekend! 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @purplefan1 I need at least 3 king size pillows propping me up so I can get comfy. My poor husband only has 1 pillow. 😂

Edit: correct spelling
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    13w 1d

Jalapeño 

finding out

Upcoming Appointments: 
    this Friday...finally!

Actually really good!

Rants/Raves: 
    6 more days until summer vacation!

Cha Cha
  • Options
    @rogro118 I haven’t been able to eat many veggies or chocolate either 😐
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days:  11+5

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out (Guessing Girl)

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wed 13wks

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Leveling out now. Feeling annoyed easily. Craving sweet and savory.

Rants/Raves: Feel like bumps getting big but I just look fat to people, not looking pregnant.

Questions: My naps are 3-4hours 4-5 days a week. Too much sleep or getting plenty of z's?

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Not really. I change back and forth all the time. 
  • Options
    @MrsAmandaTollison never too much sleep!  I took two naps yesterday, one when my son napped then again when my husband got home until 7pm and I still went to bed at 9pm 😳. I’m usually not one to nap when I’m not pregnant!
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 14 13w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): A roll of quarters! I did see that the head is the size of a gumball. That one gave me a giggle 

FTM/STM/TTM+: Ftm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday, routine 

ok! So far, so good this week. Not really craving anything I just don’t want to eat. 

Rants/Raves: we haven’t really told anyone(maybe 5 people) yet because we had a pre-planned trip to see my family for Memorial Day. I’ll be about 16 weeks when we tell them but I didn’t want to text it. So I kind of feel bad for waiting but it will all be over soon. 

Questions: Anyone else having serious bump comparisons? I felt smaller/normal until a woman I ran into last week said she was 21 weeks and was just about my size. I was stunned. Now I can’t stop looking at insta pics of other people’s bumps at different weeks.

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? No... I’m not really attached yet. I don’t want hubs to be either bc of previous losses so I’ve been a little defensive honestly. We have a check up on Thursday and I imagine some relief will come with that (14 w 0 d).
  • Options
    @cl4157 bump comparison can be difficult to guage. Every one carries every pregnancy differently,  some have tilted uteruses which can change the bump, some pop before others and then others quickly catch up. As long as your doctor is happy with tour meaurements just rub that gorgeous bump and know that sooner rather than later we will all be complaining about how big we feel!
  • Options
    @cl4157 I second what @purplefan1 said. I have carried different with each pregnancy. Last time I was so ready to get a big bump and then when I did, I regretted not enjoying the non-bump phase more. Although, I'm eager for a real baby bump again. I know in a few months I will feel like a beached whale. 
  • Options
    gadzooks_3gadzooks_3 member
    edited May 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/11, 14+2

Baby is the size of a(n): 1977 Star Wars Action Figure or a Filet Mignon 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green for now

Upcoming Appointments: next OB is start of June

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): feeling better this week. Less nausea, hungrier.  Still very sure breasts and lots of vertigo. Got a referral to neuro for the vertigo. 

Rants/Raves:  Vertigo is no fun and I am still so tired!  My DS was a wild child on Mother's Day so it wasn't relaxing.  Hoping to get some me time this weekend when my mother comes to visit.

Questions:  

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby?  Yes, Mothra. 

My friend nicknamed my son "Gojira" in utero (if you don't know Gojirais baby Godzilla - I had a Godzilla/dinosaurs themed baby shower) so, naturally, when she found out we were TTC again she turned it "Mothra watch" and it stuck.
  • Options
    alaluapalaluap member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/10; 14w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): baby chick 🐥🐣

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out!

Upcoming Appointments: June 4 for a checkup; just waiting for US clinic to call for my 20wk appt!

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I want ALL of the lemonade, and also all of the naps.

Rants/Raves: I'm either insanely bloated or carrying twins. I put on a dress yesterday and looked at least 5 months along! (I'm in Canada, I won't get an US until about 20wks, my doctor says until then we won't know, but I did have a giant HCG spike early on).

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? My husband gives it a new name every time, trying names on for size. Yesterday was Carlos, the day before was Gregoire..
  • Options
    @alaluap one of the restaurants here in the States has frozen lemonade and it is sooooo good. I run through the drive through for a large one and sip happily for the rest of the afternoon!
  • Options
    @cl4157 I also do the bump comparison, since I feel self conscious about mine. I definitely feel like I look further along than I am, even though my weight gain has been normal so far. I always look at people's bump pics on instagram to compare, lol.
  • Options
    natehknatehk member
    EDD: 11/2.  15 w/4d
    Baby is the size of:  A pear
    FTM
    Team Blue!

Upcoming Appts:  I have appts every 2 wks because I’m high risk. It’s a lot but reassuring to keep seeing my little one. Next one is 5/21, so I’ll be just past 16 wks.  My doc also wants me to get a maternal echo so that’s happening 5/21 too 

How are you feeling:   I never had a lot of morning sickness but I think the extreme fatigue has eased up a bit.  I still want to sleep all the time though.  The RLP is unreal and getting worse! 

Rants/Raves:   I’m definitely in that phase where I don’t really have a definable bump but I’m clearly bigger and my clothes don’t fit.  I’m basically out of all my bottoms, just this week my tops are now getting tight and look strange.  Mostly I just feel fat.  Worse because we haven’t officially announced yet - only immediate family and my boss.  We will after the next appointment! 

Questions:   Suggestions on a maternity pillow?  Should I spring for the snoogle or Ian there a cheaper option which works? 

GTKY:   We call him peanut.  Or just baby. 

• Options
    @natehk - I have yet to find the ideal maternity pillow, I tried 2 or 3 over the course of my last 2 pregnancies.  I just use a bunch of pillows, i think i have 4, that I use to prop different body parts up.  My back pillow is the MVP because it helps immensely with the back pain.

EDD/Weeks + Days:  Nov. 8th / 14w + 5days

Baby is the size of a(n): nectarine 

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third Time Mom

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue  

Upcoming Appointments: 5/31 for a quick check.  Nothing crazy until the 20w ultrasound in June.  I always forget how long the beginning is because it is so long between appointments

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  Cravings...steak and a turkey sandwich.

Symptoms...headaches. heartburn. RLP. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I had to cancel my carnival cruise since I'll be over 24 weeks when we were going to sail and they will not give anything but a credit towards future sailing that of course has a short time line.  RIDICULOUS. Like, you are making me cancel, I would still go on the cruise.  So frustrating.  I really want to like cruises but the poor customer service really makes it hard.  One of my other cruises caught on fire and we had to be flown home and they only gave a 200 credit that lasted 1 year.  UGH.

Questions: Anyone know how sure it is that a NIPT gender test is?  I want to give away all my girl clothes but my husband says to wait until after the baby is born just in case they are wrong and it is a girl and not the boy that the blood test said.

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Baby boy is pretty much it.  I did call it a baby charmander for a little bit since I thought it looked like a pokemon in one of my ultrasound pictures.  But now it is mostly baby boy.
  • Options
    Sorry if none of my tags work, nothing was popping up when I started typing names so idk if something is wrong

@Rawa1416 I hope you start to get some relief from the nausea soon! But that spa day sounds amazing! Good job husband!

@purplefan1 fellow stomach sleeper here, getting comfy is so hard now! Love the nickname meatball!

@gumby22c I hope baby cooperates and you get to find out the gender even though I’m jealous I’ll be waiting til week 20 hahaha

@abbsters-2 such good news that your SCH has cleared up!

@creamcheeseplease now I want an eclair! Also a pedicure sounds awesome did you use the seat massager?

@emeraldcity1214 yay for 14 weeks and good NIPT results, so happy for you!

@mc0303 did you username change from @mvc003

@rogro118 I hope you are able to see the midwifes if that’s your preference; watermelon sounds so good right now. Vegetables were my biggest food aversion during the first trimester as well, thankfully I can eat them again now. Fingers crossed the same happens for you.

@mhavel1 you run a restaurant AND a farm, dang that’s impressive!

@gapmom2019 have a good appointment on Friday!

@ameliabird11 glad your feeling better

@MrsAmandaTollison I wish I could have those kind of naps! That’s awesome

@cl4157 I think it’s nice you were able to wait to tell in person even if it’s later than you would’ve told otherwise. It will be so special. Also totally with you on comparing bump sizes. Good luck at your appointment 

@drama_llama I hope your doctor is able to give you something to manage your vertigo

@alaluap omg! I can’t imagine not knowing how many babies are in there until 20 weeks!!

@natehk what is a maternal echo? 

@dancer688 so sorry about your cruise, that’s frustrating. I’m pretty sure NIPT gender test is the most accurate, like 99% or something 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: nov 4, 15w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out at 20 week

Upcoming Appointments: may 20th for 16 week checkup

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): constipation is real and I’m craving Cheetos like crazy

Rants/Raves: rant-the ac in my car is broken so I have to deal with getting that fixed.

Questions: none 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Nope
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 15w, 5d

Apple

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    4TM

Blue

Upcoming Appointments:
    This Thursday at MFM.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Headaches, Congestion, Insomnia

Rants/Raves:
    Feeling more consistent movement.

Questions:
    Nope.

We started calling him Blueberry, because  he was the size of a Blueberry when we found out we were pregnant. It stuck. 

• Options
    @pintobean77 I love that you're feeling regular movement. That is so exciting.
  • Options
    @pintobean77 thats so fun that you feel movement already! I felt my son at 17 weeks, so I'm hoping I'll feel this one a bit sooner!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bmmimsbmmims member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: nov 1, 15+5

Baby is the size of a(n): orange

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green

Upcoming Appointments: may 20th 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I want sweets but I have cut all bad carbs for the time being. My guns have been sore and I am no longer having regular bowel movements. 

Rants/Raves: Feeling the movements earlier on has been super cool so far

Questions: none 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Nope, just baby lol trying to get my toddler more understanding of what is there. 
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @kopp5988 yes! still me! I got weirdly paranoid over the weekend...hormones I guess?? lol 

• Options
    @mc0303 hahaha totally get it 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 12 weeks + 6 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out mid June 

Upcoming Appointments: June 13th followup 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Fine really, other than the occasional headache. Nothing really so far. 

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Ehh Sally Nay Nay the 3rd (that’s what my grandmother calls both of my daughters) lol 

• Options
    I keep finding myself waiting until Wednesdays to check in so I can be at the next food size. 😂

EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/6 15 weeks today! Whoa!

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel orange 🍊

FTM/STM/TTM+: First timer!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: It's a girl. 😍

Upcoming Appointments: None until 6/11 for anatomy ultrasound

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pregnancy symptoms are good.. I'm starting to have to pee a bit more often. I have a bit of a cold this week so not feeling great in terms of overall health. :/

Rants/Raves: I am so happy not to be keeping her a secret anymore! Work knows, friends and family know, it's all out there now!

Questions: None currently. 

GTKY: Do you have a nickname you are calling baby? Not really. My husband keeps asking how 'his girls' or 'his ladies' are doing but it's just her or she other than that. 

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I laid in bed this morning for a few minutes and felt him a bunch. It was awesome. I always get teary when I feel him.

@gumby22c I’m sure you will. You know what it feels like now. I was pretty far along when I felt my first but this being #4 it was easy to spot when he started moving noticeably :)
  • Options
    @runningfortwo81 I feel the same way about Thursdays, they’re my favorite day now because I get to wake up to the fruit update!

@pintobean77 when did you start feeling movement?  I’m 12 weeks tomorrow, this is my second pregnancy (that has made it this far), but with my son I didn’t feel him until at least 17 weeks. I swear I’ve been feeling little flutters down there this last week.  I didn’t believe it at first, but I was using my Doppler yesterday and it was in the same spot as the heartbeat.  I’m so surprised!
  • Options
    @rogro118 I swear I have been feeling flutters the last week. Happens the most at night when i am rexlaxing and laying on my back. I even googled if it was possible this early. Definitely not gas pains and exactly what I remember my 1st feeling like.