October 2019 Moms
Options

UO & FFFC 5/10

Re: UO & FFFC 5/10

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    galentine said:
    I hope we move to a private group at some point near October, but I personally feel like "soon" sounds too soon.
    I meant a private group here, where identity is still hidden. I’m not ready for a FB reveal yet 🙈
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here is my confession: I’m likely someone who is side eyed for not commenting on others posts enough -  but I don’t find the bump all that user friendly.  It’s slow to scroll between pages, always bumps me out, and I tried tagging someone a few days ago and couldn’t find their screen name; and when I did it didn’t work with the @.  So maybe my complaint is that my phone sucks or I do at technology 🤗 but I do enjoy reading about what everyone has to say.  Even if I don’t comment on everyone’s thoughts.  It’s nice having people to go through this experience with on the BMB.  If people comment, sweet!  If not, cool.  I do not pass judgement on that at all and think it’s lame when people do.  

As for wine, I will drink a glass of wine here and there; always with food.  Lunch meat I’ve been eating (excerpt for turkey because I read that’s the one to avoid) and I’ve heard sushi is Ok now but I asked my midwife and said to skip it til after delivery.  I really want to get back on the sushi train though!!  
    I’m with ya - honestly I couldn’t care  less if you posted once or post daily. It’s silly to me for people to get bent out of shape over the bump “etiquette” ha-  better things to worry about! Or maybe I’m just getting old and these things become so trivial. 
  • Options
    Brb going to the names thread to judge. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @PenelopeSnuz77 & all the others that commented about the names thread. Now that we know we’re having a boy, I went to the thread for some ideas. I didn’t even make it half way through before giving up. Way too long to read, although @cmbt2 is slick and definitely has me curious...poof gone!

My confession: I also have another baby app, which I like the weekly videos. They have board there too that I occasionally read. There’s a board on overbearing mils that I find highly entertaining. My mil is great to me, but reading other people’s experiences makes me shake my head sometimes. It can be highly entertaining especially in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep!

• Options
    elle-0409 said:
    marbellie said:
    Confession time: I get overwhelmed by the amount of posts and information in the All Due Date Check In, so I don't even open it because if I do and don't respond enough, then I know that I'll feel guilty. I know that it's dumb!
    I do not care for the all due date check-in. It's overwhelming and hard (for me) to navigate. I'm happy that I have the TTGP check-in because I haven't participated in the huge one in over a month.
    Ladies, eat your lunch meat! Drink your 4 oz of wine! Make a to-do list and then immediately abandon it! We are the masters of our own lives, dammit!

Honestly, I don’t like it either. I much prefer chatting in here or on the other threads!
  • Options
    jane101757jane101757 member
    edited May 2019
    @geminigirl16  I read the pregnancy book called “expecting better” where the author examines common myths about pregnancy by examining the research.  Her lit review of the research showed lunch meat to be A-OK, but if there were problems it was with deli turkey.  Its all what you’re comfortable with, but it caused me to avoid that particular deli meat.  

Also - glad to hear I’m not the only one who finds the bump board to be a little slow to navigate!  
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @sammygirl18 it’s nothing exciting! they’re pretty traditional and common first names lol middles are not as common but still around for a while 🤷🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    I'm pretty judgy on names and I haven't found our name board cringy. The over bump name boards....those are cringy😂 as for lunch meat, I actually forgot all about that and ordered JJ for lunch a few weeks back and one coworker was like you're not supposed to have that.....whoops. wine is alright too, my OB actually told me to drink a little on my 21st bday(she was my on forDS too) and told me to be happy about it. I agree with @cmbt2 I had a little a week or so ago and it hurt my gut so I won't be enjoying it! But you ladies take a sip for me 😊 I really enjoy our thread, quite alot. I hope that we can continue to grow together. The all group check in does get hard to navigate. But I love these other threads 😊😊

• Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    So I haven't gotten any judgement so far but I do get alot of older women saying "oh becareful how much coffee you drink" and men who tell me one glass of wine won't hurt....

I don't mind friendly advice but if someone criticizes me I will snap back. The pregnancy is really pulling the sass out of me.

• Options
    @jane101757 @geminigirl16 I agree the bump is so hard to use, especially when I’m on my phone! I’d also participate MUCH more if it was easy to reply to people without having to search endlessly... 

as as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I read expecting better by Emily oster and statistically turkey is the one that might be a bit riskier than the rest when it comes to listeria. So basically that’s the only one I’ve been avoiding too 
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges @jane101757 Thanks for mentioning the book so I know where to check it out. I’ve heard of this book but never read it. Luckily I’m not a huge fan of deli meats to begin with or sushi for that matter. 
  • Options
    @geminigirl16 I love the book! It helped put my mind at ease on a variety of things.
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    My UO is that I don't think a crib is a necessity for baby. Instead of a crib, we baby-proofed the nursery and had a small floor bed. We loved being able to lie next to him to read stories or soothe him to sleep and when it was time to move up to a regular bed, there were no issues because he was already used to sleeping unconfined. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    @mrsinterweb I’ve heard of people doing that with success. It just wouldn’t work for us 🤷🏼‍♀️

The only sleeping arrangements I side eye have to deal unsafe cosleeping (like, blankets and pillows galore) or the woman I know who still keeps her almost two year old in a co sleeper (because her kid is obviously not comfortable not being able to roll around)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    I agree re: a private group (but not fb yet). I’m so hesitant to share anything private here on the public board, and I feel like it definitely affects the ability for form relationships. I don’t even want to post a covered face bump pic lol I wasn’t as tight lipped with DD. Idk what it is now but I just feel weird about sharing too much. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    marbellie said:
    Confession time: I get overwhelmed by the amount of posts and information in the All Due Date Check In, so I don't even open it because if I do and don't respond enough, then I know that I'll feel guilty. I know that it's dumb!
    @marbellie ditto! In fact I have a several paragraph draft of responses from the last time I tried, and then realized it would take me another half hour to finish, and then still longer to write my own post. I think I've missed the last three check-ins this way 😂😂😂
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    Confession: I dont know what any of these dang acronyms means and it makes it difficult to feel a connection or understand what people are even talking about... I'm 19 weeks and feel movement and getting my ultrasound tomorrow and I cant wait! I have a 12&15 yr old boys and we got 2 foster daughters 6&9, 2 wks prior to finding out we were prego. Still in good spirits. Loving life. No sickness, just pain in low abdomen once in a while. Praying all u mammas r well.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    knottie5e07beb17ce1c7a4 Welcome! You can get help with the acronyms by reading the thread titled ***READ FIRST*** Board Organization. It helped me a lot when I was getting started. It'd also make it easier to connect if you change your username to something a little more identifiable (we have a thread to help with that as well); it's difficult to keep track of users with names that begin with knottie since there are so many.

Best of luck with your ultrasound tomorrow! 😊

ETA (edited to add): Feel free to ask about any acronyms not covered in that thread. There aren't many, but occasionally you'll see one pop up that you just can't figure out.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    I think my problem with the check-in is just that it takes so long to read all of the posts, and there seem to be so few changes from week to week. Additionally, most of the talking points - symptoms, questions, etc. - are covered elsewhere on the board, so it just seems like a lot of either duplicate information or threads that were once useful no longer being as relevant. Combine that with someone searching for a specific symptom others may have had, for example, and not being able to find the information because it is buried in a random weekly post and not in the symptoms thread.

Just my thoughts. 🤷
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    meagan-t said:
    I think my problem with the check-in is just that it takes so long to read all of the posts, and there seem to be so few changes from week to week. Additionally, most of the talking points - symptoms, questions, etc. - are covered elsewhere on the board, so it just seems like a lot of either duplicate information or threads that were once useful no longer being as relevant. Combine that with someone searching for a specific symptom others may have had, for example, and not being able to find the information because it is buried in a random weekly post and not in the symptoms thread.

Just my thoughts. 🤷
    Agreed- not much changes week to week. Maybe an every other week check in. I also prefer the 4 smaller week check-in's. 
  • Options
    +1 to preferring the smaller ones and agreeing that there are so little changes. 
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    jal88144 said:
    meagan-t said:

Just my thoughts. 🤷
    Agreed- not much changes week to week. Maybe an every other week check in. I also prefer the 4 smaller week check-in's. 
  • Options
    I also agree that the app isn’t user friendly. I love lurking and I feel like a lot of the time when I decide to chime in for some reason the app shuts down. Maybe it’s my phone that sucks though? 
  • Options
    There are private groups on here? I guess I’ve never been cool enough to get invited to one 🤓
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    There are private groups on here? I guess I’ve never been cool enough to get invited to one 🤓
    Yup. It’s a good middle ground between fb and here. They instituted them back in 2014
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    Yup. It’s a good middle ground between fb and here. They instituted them back in 2014

I got stuck in the box😑 I didn't know this either I've been on and off the bump for 4 years😂 
     Personally for me,my July15 was amazing, we still connect and add bump members to our Facebook board when someone checks and sees a new person that didn't get added(we discuss it but overall usually agree to add them). I never felt any of us were snarky or judgy or rude. My Jan 17 group was judgier and a little rude. I felt outcasted by the majority of it simply cause I didn't find out til past 20 weeks and when I joined they pretty much told me I wasn't active enough. I started a Facebook group for the few others that were also outcasted by the main group and we still talk daily! Don't get me wrong, I totally get the stranger danger issue that most the Jan group felt I just felt like I was immediately pushed out because I wasn't there from day one even though I didn't know til later. I so far really like this group, and I hope we can get to a comfy position to make a Facebook group because this app is kinda crappy on my phone and my desktop is a little slower so I don't use it for more than my photography things. But I push through all the issues to read the posts cause I love to see what's going on! I'm not sure what the other group check in stands for but I lurk on that just to see what everyone is up to. I use the all group check in, but I'm down to go to 4 smaller threads!

• Options
    @Cass005 yep me too. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga