March IUI

bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
edited March 2019 in Infertility
Introduction/DX:

IUI #:

IUI Protocol:

R/R: 

Re: March IUI

• Introduction: Hi all, this is my first time posting on this thread. Been creeping the group for a while now. Dx is unexplained.

IUI #2

Protocol: Clomid d 2 to 6.

R/R: I am really over the waiting period. I am 10 DPO based on OPK and AF is due Friday. I’ve been POAS like crazy since Monday and nothing. Not sure if I’m out or not yet but at least I don’t have much longer to go. Not sure how many more iui stresses I can take and we are still just at the beginning! 
  • Hey @kls2016 sorry you have to be here and are going through this. The tww is the worst. Hoping you got a late bfp. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Introduction/DX: Hi again! My husband and I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility since January 2015, and have been trying for baby #2 since January of 2017. I was also diagnosed with stage 1 endometriosis after having a laparoscopy in November of 2018. RE was able to remove all endo that was found in the area of my right tube. 

IUI #: This is #8 for us, all with Follistim and trigger.

IUI Protocol: Follistim 175iu for 7 days; dose dropped to 125iu for two more days.

R/R: I'm feeling hopeful about our chances this month. I had an E2 level of 1365 and follicles at 21, 20, 16, 16, 15, 15, and a bunch of smaller ones in January and I got pregnant that month but had a chemical pregnancy. This month E2 was 1510 and follicles were 21, 20, 19, 18, 16, 16, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, and a bunch of smaller ones. This might be our last IUI cycle, as my insurance company initially denied approval until my RE called them and got them to reverse the decision for this month only, so fingers are crossed this is finally it.

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    miracle baby boy born march 2016
    ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
    started injectables and IUI in may 2018
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Good luck, everyone! Welcome @kls2016 <3  @bmaty0214 and @bobella22 where are you guys at this month? taking a break?

@dkv713 Sounds promising. Hope you have results this cycle!! My insurance stopped covering my IUIs and I haven't tried to appeal yet. Might consider it... 

AFM I am going in Monday morning for ultrasound and bloodwork. Will trigger ovidrel following those results and then timed intercourse. Will give timed intercourse + clomid + ovidrel another 2 cycles after this and then move on to IVF if it's not working.
  • Good luck @dkv713. Hopefully you wont have to move onto ivf.
     @nancinator hope this month works out for you! I have taken clomid before and it has a tendency to dry up your cm and have read it can make your cm hostile for sperm. I've heard taking evening primrose oil or mucinex helps. I wish I knew that before I did my IUIs.
    AFM... we are on a break right now and are trying on our own until May and we will be most likely switching RE and then probably ivf. On my tww and praying it happens before we have to take the next step.
  • @bobella22 IVF isn’t an option for us at all financially, so we’re going to have to stick with IUIs or trying on our own until something works. I feel good about my odds this month though!

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Hi To all! 

@nancinator Had an impromptu 5th IUI cycle on 2/23 that resulted in a negative. Was then told I “may” have endometriosis and the only way to confirm was via Laparoscopy. haven’t built up the courage to go through with it. Went to another IVF office for a second opinion. According to them may be a mild case, anything severe can be seen via US.  After my ectopic with IUI #1 back in 6/2018, The second RE suggested I have an HSG done. Had that completed this past Monday. I go back for a second follow up next week. For the time being I’ve been getting all additional tests done and  taking this month off. Let’s see what I’m told in two weeks and how we can proceed. Best bet will be a final attempt with IUI and if not we may have to start IVF. 
  • @bmaty0214 I had a laparoscopy after IUI #4 failed and it turned out I had undiagnosed stage 1 endometriosis. I did some reading, and apparently even very minor endo can make the uterus and tubes an inhospitable environment for fertilization/implantation. My right ovary usually produces more and bigger follicles, and it turned out that my right tube was where most of my endometriosis was. Doctor cleared out all the endo and I got pregnant my second cycle after surgery. (It was a chemical pregnancy, but still!)

If you have any questions about laparoscopic surgery, feel free to ask.

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• @bobella22 interesting thanks... I'll try that next cycle. Heard that evening primrose also helps with inflammation and I reckon certain fertility problems stem from inflammatory reasons. fingers crossed for you during your tww!

@dkv713 I'm not sure if it's a feasible idea for you but I just joined this facebook group called "starbucks ivf mommas" ... there are lots of women who get a job there part time (or full) because of the health insurance. depends on the plan but they will cover $15,000 towards treatment and $5,000 towards medication. 

@bmaty0214 glad you are getting the diagnostic tests done for a better picture of what's going on! did your HSG show your tube/s are good? i'm assuming if you've had an ectopic that you have 1 tube? 

I went in this morning and follicles are good size so I'm going to trigger tonight! Hope this is the month, omg I'm getting tired of this lol 
  • @nancinator NYS (where I live) just passed a law today requiring large insurance companies to cover three IVF cycles!! It doesn’t go into effect until next year but still! I’m so happy and relieved to know we have that option now!

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• @dkv713 interesting to hear. Will definitely reach out to you with a couple of questions on your perspective. CP is a pregnancy! Definitely see the silver lining in it. 

@nancinator HSG results were good. Left tube took a bit longer for the dye to flow through. After the procedure all seemed okay. The ectopic was on the right. No damage there. My ectopic was caught in time, I began to miscarry at 7-8 weeks and then took methotrexate to ensure termination and prevent any damage to the tubes. Luckily still have both. 

FX that this is it for you and the rest of you ladies! 

I’m exhausted! This has been a very trying year 🙁
  • @dkv713 that is great to know about the ivf being covered! I'm in NY as well and glad we will have that as an option. 
    @bmaty0214 glad your hsg went well and I hope you can continue soon!
    @nancinator hurray for nice size follicles! Good luck on your tww!
  • unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Thank you so much @dkv713! Something good to know for the future
  • nancinatornancinator member
    edited April 2019
    hurray for New Yorkers ! Kind of wish I didn't move out of Brooklyn :P 

have to go in Wednesday morning for the progesterone bloodwork. they have annoyingly early hours 5:30-7:30am but the upside is I get same day results. 

@bmaty0214 that is lucky! i like that our bodies have 2 ovaries and 2 tubes - nature's insurance lol 
  • I go in for my beta tomorrow (Wednesday), but I've been getting positives on First Response since Saturday. Trigger was totally gone on Friday, and tests have gotten darker every day. Praying this is finally our rainbow, but also kind of expecting the worst, as three out of four of my pregnancies so far have ended in loss.

I also can't believe how quickly (ironic, for cycle 27 ttc) I was able to get pregnant again after my loss in January, as I've had at least a year and a half in between all of my other pregnancies.

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• @dkv713 Yay that’s awesome. Hope the bloodwork confirms it. sounds very promising! I totally get that — once you are pregnant, the worrying doesn’t end yet  :/  
  • Congrats @dkv713! Hope you have a great beta result! 
  • Beta came back at 34. The nurse I spoke to was optimistic but admitted they typically like it to be over 50. I've also had spotting three separate times (super light and less than an hour each time), which I'm pretty positive is from my cervix being irritated from stupid progesterone suppositories. It's still super scary every time it happens, especially because that's how all three of my losses have started.

I go back for more blood work tomorrow. Praying my number doubles.

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited April 2019
    @dkv713 Maybe it I’m plantation bleeding. Not sure how long it can go on. But hoping this is your time to shine! FX! 
  • Just wanted to update you ladies. This month was another chemical pregnancy. Meeting with my RE this week to see if there’s anything we can do, as this was my third consecutive pregnancy to end in a loss. 

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• @dkv713 I was so hoping this was your month  :'( definitely see what kind of testing you can do to figure out if it’s bad luck/random or if it’s some sort of underlying issues. So upsetting to have to go through these rollercoaster of emotions but we’re here for you x 
  • So sorry for your loss @dkv713. Hopefully you can figure out whats causing this. 
  • Went in for beta this morning - it’s a BFN. normally at this point I am expecting the bad news & feel cramping coming on. I feel nothing this cycle but I guess I will see AF soon  🤷🏻‍♀️  
  • @dkv713 @nancinator so sorry to hear! Will you be trying again? 
  • @bmaty0214 I am thinking about IVF for this summer. Eeks! How are you going?
  • bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited May 2019
    @nancinator it will work out, you will see. Have you tried acupuncture? I think that would definitely help with relaxation and rebooting your reproductive organs. It’s really helped me ease up.

As for me, I’m not sure if you recall my dilemma with the second opinion. To sum up March 25 I had a second HSG after the ectopic last year, All well. I met with my new RE 4/17 to discuss our action plan. He mentioned his office does two Consecutive IUIs. Coincidently I had gotten AF 4/14 meaning I was on CD4 the day of my appt. they rushed the US, tried Femara, IUI’s took place 4/25&4/26. TWW and on 5/10 i got the unexpected call...BFP (beta @277). I’m overwhelmed and in shock. Today's beta came back at 1,083.  I’ve continued to keep my acupuncture appts until I’m in the clear. My first US is scheduled for May 30th. 
  • Wow! Congrats  @bmaty0214 that's so exciting! I also just started acupuncture a few weeks ago along with herbs. This gives me such hope that it could help. I started a little chat about acupuncture would be awesome to share your experience with it there. 
  • @bobella22 thank you! It’s still surreal. I have my third beta testing tomorrow to ensure all is going well u til the US. 

Yes, would love to share my experience. I’ll check it out shortly. 
  • @bmaty0214 Good luck on your 3rd beta!! Woohoo! 
  • Thank you!!! Will keep you ladies posted.
  • @bmaty0214 omg!! I’m so happy for you!! ❤️ It’s really nice to hear a success story. I must say it gives me a sense of hope xx wish you a smooth pregnancy and tell us how it’s going!