November 2019 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Announcements

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• Options
    When do you plan to announce to family/friends? I told my teaching partner at work and the paraprofessional that we share since I kept having to borrow her to go to the bathroom. We’re telling our parents at Easter (8 weeks) and the extended family around Mother’s Day (like 11 weeks) 

When do you plan to announce at work? 
    I had to tell my principal because she wanted me to go to restraint training and that wasn’t happening at 7 weeks pregnant. 

Any clever announcement ideas?
    We’re putting a note in an egg as part of the Easter baskets for our parents. For work I’m bringing in donuts and saying “eat up! Mommy doesn’t want to be the only one with a belly!” And for my extended family I’m telling them through a board game because we love board games. 

Any worries about how certain family members may react to the news? 
    Well my mom doesn’t know that my IUD came out in November because she can me a little overbearing..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kopp5988 awww! they're super cute!!! 

• Options
  • Options
    @kopp5988 that's such a sweet idea!
  • Options
    gapmom2019gapmom2019 member
    edited April 2019
    Told the staff at our faculty meeting yesterday and my class! I’m really starting to show and am running out of ways to hide. We are allowed to wear school t shirts a lot and I haven’t been able to because they are fitted so...I decided to go ahead and share! The kids were sooo cute! Lol we played hangman and the phrase was Guess who’s having a baby? It took them forever to guess me! Lol their first guess was my daughter! She’s in high school so I guess they thought she made more sense than me! 😂 
  • Options
    I totally said I wasn't doing an announcement but now I'm sort of considering putting my son in a big brother t-shirt for easter. I'll probably chicken out because I don't like attention haha.

@gapmom2019 how funny they guessed your daughter!

@kopp5988 those M&Ms are so cute! I like the purple.
  • Options
    We told someone about our fourth and they asked sarcastically if we understood what caused pregnancy. My DH and I figured this would be some folks' reaction because four kids is too many for a lot of people. As for telling family, we are waiting till the first ultrasound so we know how many are in the oven (since we had twins last time). Also, my sister-in-law just announced she is pregnant. I don't feel very rushed to tell anyone.
  • Options
    @gapmom2019 your kids reaction is great! I don’t think mine are going to be very surprised... they’re all guessing it already. 😩 I won’t officially announce it until my first 2 appointments are out of the way. 
  • Options
    That's so pretty @bmmims !
  • Options
    I know it's a personal decision but I noticed a lot of people on social media are announcing around 16 weeks.. I always figured 12 but then 2nd trimester is 14... What week are you guys waiting for?
  • Options
    I did 12 weeks last time and probably will again this time. I'm impatient and we already took announcement pictures with my son, so I cant wait to share them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @swedishmeatball I actually waited until 24 weeks with my first pregnancy but it was high risk so I was very nervous about doing it too early. This time if I do announce on social media I am thinking I may wait until our 20 week ultrasound. The 12 week announcements are very exciting though and I love seeing them pop up on my feeds!
  • Options
    @swedishmeatball with our first we announced at 12 weeks. With #2, I had to take progesterone and it made me nervous so we waited until after we'd seen the NT ultrasound at 14 weeks. This is #3 and I know I'm going to get negative responses from some family/ friends.  I might be petty, but i don't think we'll announce on social media... they can find out when they notice or when they see me holding a baby.   :# 
  • Options
    We announced to our parents and most siblings today! We put DS is a big brother shirt and handed him to our moms to figure it out. 

We will announce on social media once we get through our first 2 appointments. I still have 2 more weeks before my first appointment!!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    Any Easter announcements yesterday/over the weekend? @kopp5988 how did your m&ms go?

I wouldn't call what we did announcing, but we did let the rest of our family know that I'm expecting yesterday and I will probably not hide it anymore, except at work for another couple weeks. Now my mom can quit bugging me for when she can tell all her friends... lol.
  • Options
    Haha! That's one happy grandmother to be! I love it:)
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease the m&ms went over great! I put them out in little bowls when everyone was sitting in the living room having appetizers - one bowl on the main table and one on a sideboard that was next to my aunt because I knew she would look down at them as soon as I did. She picked up a few looked at me and my mom and started doing a little dance and then started yelling at everyone to “eat the m&ms!”, “everyone have an m&m they’re so good!”. My grandma stared crying. It will be her third great grandchild but the other two live on the other coast and Midwest so she’s only seen them once since they were born last summer.
  • Options
    @Knottie66148300 Your mom is precious, how fun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @icomeanon13 that is really cute! I live how your little guy is looking back at the sign. 
  • Options
    @icomeanon13 very cute! This is our third and we have a boy and girl so I was thinking about doing the tie breaker announcement 
  • Options
    So awesome @alwayseloquent!!! 
  • Options
    We told our immediate family a couple weeks after we found out and then on Easter we posted these pictures! Of course we worried about telling people too early (I was 8 weeks when we posted) but we wanted to share our excitement so bad and had been TTC for almost 3 years ♥️ I’m almost 11 weeks now and I’m very happy with our decision 😊