Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 04/22/2019

Hello ladies! 

Welcome back @blackrose-9 !

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: If you could meet any historical figure, who would it be?  

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: unexplained/mild MFI RX: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?    

Re: TTC Check-in: 04/22/2019

• Good morning ladies! 

@nancinator - so sorry to hear that you got AF!! Ugh! How are you doing? Still moving on to another round of Clomid? 

@blackrose-9 - yeah, it’s hard to figure out how many rounds to do. I ended up doing 5 rounds of Femara and it was definitely enough for me. I was getting pretty itchy feet by the third cycle to just move on, but my RE also recommended 4-6 cycles of taking it. I found those months were quite long, but I really hope you don’t need numerous cycles of it and that it will work for you! 

@inthewoods23 - any update from your pharmacy and/or your RE’s office about the timing of your transfer? 

@chiblackhawkie - how have you been doing? Been preparing for round two of IUI? 

AFM: not much new. Just waiting for AF to start so I can start the first steps of IUI. I feel like I’ve never waited so long for AF to appear lol. 

QOTW: this is a tough one for me as I could choose a lot of different people who I would want to meet. The first person who comes to mind is Anne Frank. I was really impacted by reading her diary as a teenager and she seemed like someone who would be easy to get along with and spend time with. 
  • @nancinator Sorry to hear AF came for you too. Fingers crossed for better luck this round.

@sincethelastday You better believe I drank some beers after AF showed up. 

Had my baseline US this morning. Sounds like everything is good; I'll start Clomid tonight and then wait for more USes and eventually IUI.

Hope AF shows up soon for you so you can start your own next steps.

I'll have to think on the QotW.. good question!
  • Loading the player...
  • @sincethelastday nothing new on that front. I haven't asked. I figure I could ask once it's about time to start stims. Today was day 10 of 18 of BCP and then there's another 18 pills starting on the 8th with Lupron sometime before that ends so I have time to ask about the details.

And not to brag, since I've reached a new decade in my life, but today is my 30th birthday 😬 still feel young though!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. When we started ttc I had quit my job, long story but when I needed surgery I would have been let go anyway because the job did not allow time off, messed up yes but this is how it just is.  So now my DH is telling me I have to find another job, which I know I should, but it's making me feel like once I take a new job it means I've given up on ttc.  This is killing me, does anyone else have these feelings like once they take on some new thing that they are throwing in the towel?
  • @cat765_8 I don't know what you or YH do, but there's no reason why you can't both work and TTC. I know for some couples it's difficult with opposite schedules or maybe one or both travel often. But they make it work! I hope you and YH can find the time you need to make it happen!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @sincethelastday good luck with your upcoming IUI! I feel the same way... just get through AF and on to the next! I am taking a break from "treatment" this month so no clomid or ovidrel, just T.I. 

@chiblackhawkie fingers crossed for you too, dear! 

@inthewoods23 Happy birthday to you !! Welcome to the 3-0 club!! 

I have a follow up with my doctor in person tomorrow... I just want to learn more about IVF because I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going to have to take. Still gulp every time I think about the $26K+ price tag. 
  • @chiblackhawkie - glad you were able to get back on the horse right away withIUI #2! 

@inthewoods23 - Happy Birthday!! Planning on celebrating in any particular way? 

@cat765_8 - that sounds like a horrible situation you had to deal with with quitting your job because your workplace wouldn’t give you time off! I echo what @inthewoods23 said about still being able to work and TTC at the same time. I know that some jobs and workplaces seem more open and flexible than others when it comes to time off, so finding a workplace that is more flexible (and reasonable in my mind) may work better. I can say that TTC has at times affected how I think about my job and what steps to take. For example, I recently got sort of promoted to another position and I had the thought at the time, “What if IUI works right away and then my workplace will be miffed that I accepted this position and then got pregnant right away?” But I really have made the decision that I can’t let “what if’s” and “maybes” with getting pregnant alter what I do in my career. I’m trying to have the state of mind where I’m moving forward with my job and life as if I won’t get pregnant because I would hate that I would have held back in career advancements, etc. because of the possibility of getting pregnant and then not getting pregnant after all. I hope you find a job that works for you if that ends up being the road you decide to take! 

@nancinator - how’d your appointment with your doctor go regarding IVF? 

Also, I know it’s National Infertility Awareness Week here in Canada, but not sure if it is in the US as well. Either way, I just wanted to thank all you ladies for being such a support to me during these past months - I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have this community of such strong, supportive women! 
  • @sincethelastday yes it is NIAW here too! 🙂 I posted on FB and insta early this morning and previously only 1 friend knew things. I saw my mom commented on FB but I haven't had the guts to go look and she what she said or if anyone else has said something 😬
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 - like you posted about your infertility journey so far on social media? If so, that is incredibly brave and amazing of you!! I don’t even have the guts at this point in time to post a thing about NIAW because I’m nervous others would wonder about me and if I’m infertile. I wish I could post so much about infertility on social media so people could become a little more aware and empathetic, but I’m too scared about being so exposed at this time. I’m really curious to hear what type of responses you get.
  • @sincethelastday I didn't go into any detail, just said something along the lines of being considerate to those around you as you never know who's struggling and that we aren't ready to share our story but are willing to listen to anyone who wants to talk.

I finally looked and had a number of likes and saw what my mom posted (thankfully just an I love you type message) and then started feeling really emotional and had to go find DH (we're at a big competiton event right now). Found him and within 10 seconds of talking with him I started crying with a bunch of other people around. Oof awkward, but whatever, I was able to pull myself together in a minute. I had hoped we could have gone away from the crowd. I'm fine now though 🙂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • I also contemplated posting something about NIAW but I don’t think I’m ready. I have a handful of friends who know I’m struggling with getting pregnant but I’m not sure I feel the need to let my “acquaintances” know lol 

The doctor follow up in person was great. I learned a lot ... my medications would be a lower dosage than most women because my ovaries are very “young” at 30 and my periods are very regular so I wouldn’t need the drugs for the transfer. This will save me a bit of money. and she said she will only do single embryo because she had a devastating case with twins who didn’t make it and the patient was 6 months so that really made her against high risk pregnancy with multiples. 

@sincethelastday don’t worry about what other people think if you get pregnant so soon after your job promotion. I know that’s easier said than done but they probably don’t understand your struggle. Plus it’s so many hypotheticals!! Just do your best and it will all work out. A few years back, my company hired a woman who was 6 months pregnant and she had 3 months off after the baby was born. Worked for several more months and got pregnant again!! She was a great employee and nobody judged her for having kids. 
  • @inthewoods23 - I’m happy that you got supportive comments and responses from your posts! Even though you didn’t go into details, I still think that’s really awesome of you for sharing and bringing more awareness out there! 

@nancinator - thanks for the encouraging words! Yeah, I’m really just continuing to live life as it is now and trying to not think or plan to far ahead with the “what if’s.” Easier said than done like you said though lol. 

Also glad to hear that your doctor appointment went well. That’s great to hear that your meds would be lower just for cost-sake and also not having to be as medicated for IVF!