August 2019 Moms

PAIF m/o April 2019

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.
This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. This thread is going to begin being started every 2 weeks, given the reduced traffic. Please feel free to post here at any time during that period, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 
This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?
Any symptoms?
Rant/Rave?
Next appointment?
Questions?

GTKY: Now that we're all moving towards the end of Tri 2, how are you feeling? Closer to normal? Are there things that you're already giving up (physically picking up other children, shoes with laces, eating anything that's on the food pyramid, etc?)? Or are there some habits you're trying to start to get ready for when the baby (giving dry shampoo another try, getting a housekeeper, teaching the dog how to vacuum, etc?) is here?
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: PAIF m/o April 2019

• How far along are you? 20w3d, baby is the size of a banana
    Any symptoms? Much better, just some discomfort if I sleep in the same position too long at night
    Rant/Rave? Toddler looks like she's coming off her Toddlerexia strike.
    Next appointment? Supposed to have an appt with MFM for A/S any day now, but they refuse to call me back (my office has sent over my chart and has called them 3 times) :|  After that, I have 24 wk on the 29th
    Questions? Anyone got some lotto numbers they're willing to share? I am just *totally* over having to work at the moment and really need a solid 6-ish months off.

GTKYFeeling *much* more normal now, which is great. Can't saying I'm 100% with energy, but mood, appetite, and sleeping abilities are normalizing. I'm trying to step back from picking up DD1 as much since she's 40 lbs of Toddlernado and still thinks mommy is a jungle gym. I have got to remember to mail off our pool membership deposit for the year; otherwise, I think DH and DD1 might die this summer, being cooped-up inside all day. I did go through the remaining household supplies (toiletries, revisit of laundry items, etc) to switch out for EWG-rated "clean" products so that we have a few months to decide if that's what we'd like to stick with; I had already done two waves and switch out our laundry detergent and some cleaning supplies, etc. It's just a lot to commit to at once.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 that’s so frustrating about your MFM.  What does your ob say about it?

How far along are you? 19w3d
    Any symptoms? I had what I think was acid reflux the other night.  I woke up feeling like something was burning a hole in my throat.  Then I remembered I drank orange juice before bed.  Holy crap that hurt. 
    Rant/Rave? Rant: still with this sleeping issue.  I HATE sleeping on my side.  My shoulder now hurts and my bottom arm keeps falling asleep. I tried my Snoogle again but I just can’t get comfortable.  Rave: I’m loving that I’m feeling her kick more!!
    Next appointment? I have my MFM app on the 16th for my a/s followed immediately by my ob appt. 
    Questions?

GTKY: I’m still feeling pretty good.  I’ve given up sleeping comfortably (not bitter at all here). Haven’t really changed any bad habits yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplg8r - Unfortunately, there's not much that he can say, it's the only MFM within a 100+ mi radius and they're very strict about when you can even send over charts/schedule the 20 wk appt. I would think if they were so strict, they'd be a bit more flexible in getting these appts in closer to the contact date :|  I remember us talking about sleeping positions before, are you normally a back or front sleeper? I've found a way to sleep with the Snoogle that allows for back sleeping with a slight side angle that allows for good blood flow while tricking my body/mind that I'm on my back!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 ugh!  That’s so frustrating!  I start stretched out on my stomach and end up stretched out in my back.  What’s your trick??
  • @MamaK225 Will you share which products you purchased? Also, Toddlerexia strike and Toddlernado :D Plusalso, yea share your pillow trick! 

@purplg8r Hey, how'd the 5K go? Ugh the reflux and heartburn is insane. Do you take anything for it? 

How far along are you? 20w2d

Any symptoms? My nose is stuffed up constantly, pretty sure there is a hemorrhoid, heartburn, reflux, 

Rant/Rave? Been feeling baby move and kick since last week. It is really exciting! 

Next appointment? 5/2 

GTKY: I haven't felt normal since HS ;) But yea, sleeping comfortably has pretty much gone out the window for me too. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Firstly, the sleeping position. I'm not sure how much longer this will work, but I remember using it through 35+ weeks with DD1. Basically, you position yourself within the Snoogle (open end to the edge of the bed ... gotta remember those pee breaks!!) and put your head on the top part with the half circle, pull it down so that it's at a point that's supporting both your neck and your head in a comfortable way. Then slightly rotate whichever hip is closer to the long side of the pillow, not enough so that you're actually on your side, but just enough that you feel slightly supported by it. The pillow being under your neck provides a little elevation to relieve some pressure and putting a little bit of your weight on that hip does the same, but the combination still makes you feel like you're actually laying on your back. If at any point you feel like you're getting short of breath (usually into the 3rd Tri), you can add a normal (thin-ish) pillow underneath the Snoogle head support, between your shoulder blades and up towards your head -  it'll provide further elevation. I also like this position because if I do sleep on my side, that hip goes numb/gets sore after a couple of hours and it wakes me up. So if I feel it starting, I gently transition between this position and a side one throughout the night without having to full wake. Best of luck!
    **History in Spoiler**

• As far as products, these are what I've switched out so far (and everything is from Amazon, I'm a sucker for the Subscribe & Save):

Toiletries:
    3-pack of SoapBox Shampoo (16 oz) - $19.10 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076658FFF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_KQkPCb150KJ2A)
    3-pack of SoapBox Conditioner (16 oz) - $19.10 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07663ZTPH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_.0kPCbBXR4S61)
    2-pack of Everyone Kids Soap (32 oz) - $21.24 on S&S, currently has $1.25 coupon (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0764L8XHW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_81kPCb5ZE477M)
    Sun Bum Revitalization 3-in-1 Leave-In Conditioner Spray (4 oz) - $12.55 on S&S, currently has 20% coupon (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00TUJW9L0/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_wtlPCb3PSNYP2)
    Tea Tree Body Wash (16 oz) - $14.98, not on S&S but does have $1.00 coupon (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07GPHG3L7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_J7kPCb8EPKN0D)
    3-pk Humble Deodorants (2.5 oz) - $22.09 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0711SYJFJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_oElPCbVP87H3M)
    Note: The Kids Soap functions as bubbles, shampoo, and body wash, I use the Leave-In conditioner for DD1 because she's blonde (it has UVA/UVB protection) and her hair is straight and thin so can get wild and since we only wash her hair 2/3 times a week, a bottle lasts for 2-3 months. The body wash is great for cleaning skin (antibacterial/antifungal) with lots of sweat and grossness (hello pregnancy! also, DH uses it after workouts) while not stripping your skin's moisture. The deodorants are beyond amazing, I'm a heavy sweater/odor'r in this hot & humid environment and it really keeps me dry and fresh ALL. DAY. LONG. Be warned: they use Coconut oil and beeswax, so there can be that "white" residue, but I'm 1000% happier to work around that than being gross and smelly. They do have interesting fragrances, but are pretty light and mellow rather quickly (even for this pregnancy nose).

Laundry:
    3-pack Grab Green Natural Wet Dryer Sheets (64 loads) - $15.81 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00KTI8T2Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_I9kPCbK1JP8EQ)
    Biokleen Laundry Detergent (150 oz / 300 HE loads) - $22.94 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00WE0BFQW/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_2dlPCbTFM5MZN)
    2-pack Biokleen Oxygen Bleach Plus (32 oz / 32 HE loads) - $17.61, not on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00J5I7V3W/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_uglPCbRXYR52N)
    Biokleen Bac-Out Stain & Odor remover (32 oz) - $12.91, not on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0009ET4XQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_CjlPCb9WTM1TD)
    or the 64 oz. refill for $12.74 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00581KLKU/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_7vlPCbVGC0JJ2)
    Molly's Suds Wool Dryer Balls - $16.89, not on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0167KNN00/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_IxlPCbMWJ4HJC)
    Note: Dryer sheets are apparently a product of the Devil, it took me a while to find one I liked and received a high ranking on EWG. Biokleen is a miracle, it has a great, light scent and works REALLY hard. The Bac-Out is heaven-sent. Works great for furniture and carpets (see: foster dog was a notorious carpet-pee'r, DD1 loves to spill her water or milk on the couch that is a suede-ish material) with removing stains AND actually getting it clean so there is no odor, has a very pleasant citrus (lime) scent that I really enjoy. The dryer balls just help things dry faster and really do cut down on drying time by 15-30 min per load, not a necessity, but really helpful if I want to try and dedicate a Saturday or Sunday to getting ALL the laundry done. Also, I really do like Molly's Suds laundry detergent powders, DH was intimidated by the fact that it only needed about 1 TBSP per load so refused to do laundry because he was afraid he'd "mess up" and not put enough in it ... hence the switch back to liquid detergent.

Cleaning:
    2-pack Better Life Glass Cleaner (32 oz) - $9.33 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0040MH12Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_eAlPCbEYR25Y6)
    2-pack Better Life All-Purpose Cleaner (32 oz) - $11.88 on S&S (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0040MIBBY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_vClPCbAPMM6D5)
    Note: I'm slowly working my way through things and trying to balance clean ingredients with cleaning power. All-Purpose is great, but do not recommend for heavy-duty cleaning like bathrooms. I actually just hired a housecleaner so am not having to store too many products of my own.

**History in Spoiler**

• @suzycupcake the race went well!  It was my fastest pace since I’ve been pregnant.  And thankfully I’ve only had the acid reflux that one time but the tums seemed to help. And I’ve had stuffiness at night too. Annoying!

@MamaK225 which way are you facing? The open end or the long end?
  • @MamaK225 Seriously you rock for typing all of that out. Thank you! Yes to being happy to work around certain things. Clean things aren't always pretty but much much better than to use something toxic. Re; the pillow. I never thought of putting something under for more elevation. That might be way more comfortable than putting them on top. 

@purplg8r You lucky duck! And I hope that's the only time you get it too. 

Ladies, so my husband has nicknamed my pillow Willow the Pillow. This morning, he came back in to sleep for an extra hour before work (he gets up absurdly early) and caught himself enjoying the snuggle up to it.  :#

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Haha @suzycupcake I had a friend whose husband called her pregnancy pillow “Fabio” because that was the only man she ever needed...
  • @purplg8r - I usually face the long eng, I tend to sleep on that side (which is my right side) anyway and it allows for some extra support, should I need it.

@suzycupcake -  You're welcome. I try to do small things here and there so it doesn't seem so overwhelming ... or expensive.

Those are both awesome nicknames. Mine is just Snoogle, but maybe I should get to naming it. I mean, I always name my cars  :D 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Just putting in a *bump* in case anyone didn't see the post - since it's a monthly one, until there's more activity :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• Not much happening for me. I'm planning to up date next week after my next MFM appt. I do think I'm starting to feel or at least recognize movement now, so that is exciting. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai that is so exciting that your feeling movement!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @MamaK225 thanks for the bump—I realized I had been keeping up with this thread and even commented but had never formally checked in! 

How far along are you? A tad over halfway: 21w 5d

Any symptoms? It’s been such an inconsistent hodgepodge. I’ll randomly get a streak of headaches, or heartburn for like 2 days, or out of the blue I’ll wake up back in first trimester queasiness and smell sensitivity. 

Rant/Rave? Finally starting to feel more movement with this anterior placenta and it’s so nice! 

Next appointment? Not until 4/22

Questions?

GTKY: I’ve been following pregnancy behavior guidelines pretty rotely so the shift at this point is a psychological one. Because of the weird circumstances of this pregnancy I think it’s only now, when I’m super visibly pregnant and feel a lot of movement, that I’m even fully accepting that I’m actually pregnant. With DD it was after such focused fertility work, IUIs, IVF, and I was hyper aware of the pregnancy as pregnancy since the first second (though it had a surreality of its own). This was a mystery spontaneous pregnancy and after the better part of a decade it’s hard to turn infertility-brain off. 
  • @cato99 - I fully understand what you mean! I feel like once you "walk the path" - it's just ... it's never quite the same. With DD1, I "felt" pregnant right away after all the U/S, etc. and it was the first time I had ever been pregnant (thankfully, we didn't have recurrent loss ... I just *could not* get pregnant) and I was at peace with that little bit of knowledge. This time around, it's a whole 'nother game; you'd think having gone through it once, I would just trust the process, but I can't. Now that she's moving around like Kerri Strug (did I just date myself there? LOL), I'm finally beginning to relax a little. Also, I think I remember you saying something earlier, but I think both of our kiddos are right around the same age, right? Isn't your oldest nearly-3 and you're due +/- 8/17 (I'm 8/16)?
    **History in Spoiler**

• Weekly *BUMP,* just in case anyone missed the original post.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 we have the same due date! But my DD is a year younger--she'll be 2 in May. And sorry if this is too forward but I remember your story from the infertility boards and we had really similar first IVF rounds. The fresh transfer embryo became DD, and then I have 12 more non-PGS-tested embryos on ice, so your experience with the repeated FETs was really eye-opening for me because I never considered it would take that long with so many additional embryos. You're a real warrior!
  • Thanks for keeping this going @MamaK225. It's really the only place that is comfortable for me. The only updates I have is that the acid reflux is a lot better since majorly moderating foods that upset it, tossing my pregnancy pillow off the bed has been helping me sleep better (no idea why), baby has been moving and kicking all of the time now....He loves to wake me up at 6am to say hello! 

Oooh and I've been really enjoying my Hypnobabies course. When can husbands feel movement and kicks? Mine is jealous that every time he tries, the baby stops :D 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake baby always stops when I try to get DH to feel the kicks! Have you seen this—it’s a universal experience apparently! https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/1117842862262108161?s=21
  • @cato99 I cannot.stop.laughing 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @cato99 - I'm glad you've got so many on ice - you never know! - but am glad your first was a success, it was definitely rough for us ... but like Drake said "started from the bottom, now we're here!" ;) Ooooh, you'll have a 2 y.o. and a newborn. Thankfully, I hear 2 is easier than 3 (the roughest times for us with DD1 was 21-26 months). Mine is already in the (pre)throws of 3 and she's driving me batty, though last night she decided she was going to sing to me and I almost cried right there. Nothing cuter than hearing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" from a toddler. Also, that is exactly how me and DH are with kicking. DD2 is very scheduled with her active periods and I always try to get him to come over when I can feel it about to begin, but 99% of the time, he gets nothing. DD1 has zero interest. LOL.

@suzycupcake - What is this Hypnobabies you speak of? Google is telling me that you are planning to do an unmedicated labor? A friend of mine (her son was born the day after my DD1) was able to do something similar and it still blows me away - you guys are rockstars!!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @suzycupcake it really depends on the baby and where your placenta is... with the twins DH felt them by 19-20 weeks. with DD2 I felt very little from her and on the rare occasions I did feel her she stopped moving as soon as DH put his hand on my stomach. I think he felt one kick the entire pregnancy. My placenta is anterior again this time but I'm feeling more than I did last time DH felt one kick last week at 22 weeks. There is plenty of time yet and I figure you get to enjoy a little something special between you and the baby for now
    @mamak225 the only reason 3 year olds survive are those cute moments... man the three-nager stage is rough but it is so much fun watching them learn and grow
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 - That's what I'm sensing: highs and lows with minimal "middles." But every single time I'm like "well, I think I can do 3" then I hear about the "fournado" and I'm like :| And then 5. And then 6. Like dude. I don't remember being such a difficult/jerk kid. Or maybe it's just how we make ourselves feel better for dealing with the struggles. LOL.

I also agree with @wabash15 about placenta placement, @suzycupcake. I had anterior placenta with DD1 and I don't think he felt her until I was in week 30+ and even then it was very subtle. Even I could only feel it when she made full flips or exaggerated movements for a long, long time. DH felt DD2 move somewhere around 21w, when she started moving on a more predictable basis - so it'll be a whole new experience for him since this one will clearly be more perceptible before she arrives.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 Yes, that is the plan although I don’t think it’s a program just for moms planning that type of birth. 

@wabash15 They said I have an anterior placenta at his 20 week scan, not low lying. Not sure if it has moved since then. My Doctor says they are known to migrate. His movements and kicks have been felt by me a lot since a couple of weeks ago. A few days ago, the feeling of him rolling around and swishing has become strong. Yesterday, I could see my stomach moving as he kicked and it moved my hand. Last night, he kicked under my husband’s hand twice but he didn’t notice it. It’s hard to say if that’s because he cannot get still and patient enough or if maybe they were smaller kicks and it’s just that my being able to feel them so well on the inside means knowledge they happened. He felt one last week but in hindsight. Hopefully at some point, he will get one for a wonderful memory. I really want him to be able to experience that. There could be a pattern of kicks and movement between the hours of 4 and 5pm. Not sure yet but maybe he will have a better chance this weekend. 

I really love what you said about getting something special between me and baby. That is kind of how it makes me feel. Lol my husband said last night when our son grows up, he is gonna walk away into another room really fast as soon as he sees him and then tell him why when he asks. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake Don't worry, he will start feeling the kicks more in your third tri. My DH is not too excited about the baby kicks maybe cuz he has been thru it all once already. It's more fun when the baby flips and the kicks are higher. 
  • @suzycupcake DH felt his first tiny kick last night and I’m 25+2 today (although I have an anterior placenta so take that with a grain of salt). In third trimester you’ll probably be able to just sit back and watch your stomach move! 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Hey ladies!
    @suzycupcake my DH hasn't felt anything yet either, last night he said he just plans to wait a few more weeks until he knows he is likely to feel something. It will come. Like @wabash15 said right now it is a special little thing between you and you BB. 
    @cato99 @MamaK225 FTM here, but really relating to the conversation about "feeling pregnant." It really took me a while to even say "I'm pregnant." For a while I said, "the transfer worked." There is a definite sense of relief now that I'm feeling movement more consistently.   
    @purplg8r how has the sleep been going? any of those pillows working for you? I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm considering getting a wedge type. 

How far along are you? 22 w
    Any symptoms? nothing too bad had some heartburn that really felt more like nausea, but someone told he "hey it could be heartburn" so I took some prilosec and that helped. I think some of the nausea feeling was in my head and it was cured by sparkling water...IDK why, but it worked. I think I just needed some bubbles. 
    Rant/Rave? MFM discharged me so now it is just f/u with the regular OB "unless something else happens," so hoping that I don't need to return to them.  
    Next appointment?  I go back to my OB in 2 weeks. DH hasn't made it to a regular OB appt yet and yesterday asked what they were like. when I told him there were no u/s he was like, well maybe I'll wait a bit longer to come. lol. 
    Questions?

GTKY: I wish i could teach the dog to vacuum, it is her hair that makes the need to vacuum a daily thing. we did upgrade to a roomba and it really makes a difference!  I switched a lot of my products during the TTC time, I would say the main thing I'm focused on now is ensuring, or trying hard to get more protein. I don't eat red meat at all and don't eat much other meat in general, so I'm trying to be more aware of other forms of protein, while also not adding too much sugar, but I've had a sweet tooth lately and that is just not me. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @Avrilmai - Yeah, most of the time at this point, acid reflux or stomach issues are masked as nausea. Do you have an Rx for prilosec? I would suggest you ask your OB because that shit is expensive. I got a 30-day Rx for Pepcid (my doc recommends it for Tri 1-2, then I can switch back to my normal Xantac) - with 60 pills - for $8. Then I can keep some at home and at work without having to worry about running out at either place :) I feel you on the "transfer was successful" - I was definitely that way until I got out of the first tri. **tw**Especially after our loss of one of the twins at 8 weeks.**tw end** Happy you got sent back to your OB, that's definitely a relief! What other protein sources have you attempted? There are a surprising number that most don't consider (I'm not a huge meat eater myself and I hate chicken, but tolerate it since it's the most common available).
    **History in Spoiler**

• @Avrilmai ugh. The sleep is still not good.  I’m not comfortable at all.  And I’m with you on the not saying “I’m pregnant “. I think I was almost in the 2nd tri before I said it. 
  • Weekly *bump* :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• I've been texting all morning with one of my BFFs who is new to the infertility club. This is her first cycle with intervention (clomid and projected IUI) but she's not responding well and looks like she'll only produce one egg. She's only in her late 30s but just found out her mom went through early menopause, and her AMH came back pretty low, so it kind of looks like her eggs are reaching the end of their reproductive life when she thought she had more time. Did anyone here work with egg quantity and quality? Like CoQ10, etc? That wasn't my particular issue so even though I geeked out obsessively on IF treatment information that's an angle I don't know very well. I did some poking around the infertility boards and sent her some suggestions.
  • @cato99 ohhh there is a book about lifestyle changes to improve egg quality and of course I can't remember the title right now... I will try to look it up (maybe "it starts with egg...") also depending on her dose one follie for an IUI isn't bad... my AMH was normal and I would have anywhere from 1-4 follies per cycle with letrozole (and it was the same dose every time)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @cato99 - I hate it for your friend, it's a long, gruesome road for most (compared to all the other stories you hear) and I wish her the best of luck. Fortunately/unfortunately, I didn't have egg issues, my body just refuses to ovulate and I require(d) the HIGHEST dose for ANYTHING to begin to happen. Hopefully, another one of the IF ladies might be able to provide some insight. I know it's kind of early, but given her diagnosis so far, would she/they consider doing a retrieval just to make sure she doesn't find herself in a pickle if they make her do multiple rounds of clomid before stepping her up to IUI or IVF? I'm not sure of her age or her doctors' comfort about accelerating (or pointing out if it does need to be accelerated) the process.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @cato99 I’m sorry she had to be part of  our crappy club.  My RE had me on a ton of vitamins to help with everything.  I can post a pic if you want
  • @cato99 I'm sorry your friend is dealing with this. I was in the low AMH, egg issue club. With my IUIs (before I knew about my very low AMH) I did 3 cycles with letrozole and had 1 maybe 2 follicles really take off each time. (my clomid cycles were a disaster, cysts, issues) with IUIs you really don't want a lot. Some REs may not proceed with the IUI with a high number. I say all of that to give you/your friend hope. The way my RE explained it to me, when we tested my AMH, was that it didn't mean I couldn't get pregnant, just that we would have to be "very aggressive" if I moved to IVF. At my RE's direction I started taking CoQ10 600mg a day starting 2 months before my ER cycle. (I was already taking 100-200 a day for about 2 months) and DHEA. The meds for my ER cycles were pretty high doses, basically maxed out. And I did a Lupron flare for my second cycle which did result in more eggs retrieved, but still single digits. After 2 ER I had 2 PGS "normal" embryos (one from each cycle). @wabash15 was right, It Starts with the Egg is the title of a book about attempting to improve egg quality. My RE also recommended a Mediterranean diet.  

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @wabash15 @MamaK225 @purplg8r @Avrilmai THANK YOU!! Having those IF-club good wishes out in the universe is such a positive thing (my friend is trying not to be too online about this so she doesn't have a good community around her yet), and your suggestions are extraordinarily helpful. Huge hugs to all of you!