August 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Friday 4/19

How is everyone feeling this week? What were your workout victories?

Image result for you better work

Re: Fit Mama Friday 4/19

• hemlheml member
    I actually feel better this week than I did last week: less pelvic pain. I'm going to credit being more careful how I get out of the car and doing more pelvic floor strengthening exercise. I was able to get in one Orangetheory class and one prenatal yoga class, so it felt like a successful week. I also bought a pack of barre3 classes because they were having a sale. I haven't been going that often while pregnant because it's a little further from my office, but since they have childcare during classes, I figure I'll want to go postpartum. 
  • @heml - glad to hear you're feeling better. Which pelvic floor strengthening exercises are you doing? I haven't done any thus far and I keep hearing that it helps to do them regularly.

I've made it to the gym 3x so far this week and I'll go tomorrow, which is far more than the last 2 weeks. Running is becoming less fun and I've gotten much slower, but I always feel so much better afterwards. I've been experiencing more braxton hicks contractions during my runs, so I've slowed down and have been taking more walk breaks. Internet says that it's fine to continue to exercise through them as long as there's no pain. I'll talk to my Dr. next week when I see her and I hope she agrees.
  • Loading the player...
  • hemlheml member
    @sw1122 You’re killing it this week! Totally agree that I feel so good after workouts even though every ounce of me wants to skip the hour before. I’ve been doing kegels like everyone says, but I’ve added pelvic hip thrust/bridges, more “cat” yoga poses, and a set of 10 squeezing my fist with my knees while sitting (saw it recommended on a couple of blogs) 
  • If anyone wants to feel better about themselves, I have worked out maybe 4 times this whole pregnancy. And it was just yoga. 
  • hemlheml member
    @law_and_little1 4 yoga sessions is nothing to sneeze at! I firmly believe any movement we do during pregnancy, no matter how seemingly small or infrequent, helps keep us and LO healthy (bonus: it helps “move things along” in the digestive tract!) 
  • My workout today consisted of a quick sprint to catch my train, so you're all doing much better than me! Earlier this week though I did 8 miles of walking in one day, which was monumentally stupid and my feet were killing me the next day.
  • @heml I’m glad you’re feeling better!

@sw1122 my dr said it was fine for me to continue to run since I’ve been doing it for years. As for the Braxton Hicks,  Are you bring Gatorade/water with you on all your runs, even short ones?

@law_and_little1 I so want to get into yoga!

@lovelikestardust 8 miles is a lot for just walking around!

I ran 3 times this week—a 5k at Disney on Sunday, a group run on Wednesday morning, and then a 5k last night.  I was planning on just walking last night since the temps were in the 90s but I couldn’t do it.  I shortened my run/walk intervals and slowed down but felt great.  
  • I got on exercise bike for 20 minutes 4 times this week and then once for 40 mins. Did three reps of 12 squats three times, inner thigh stretches daily, and three reps of 25 pelvic rock exercises. 

Im almost to 30 pounds of weight gained. If the resistance level on my bike is increased a bit for the rest of my pregnancy for as long as possible, I think I’ll stay within the gains range my Doctor gave me. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• (Sorry this is long, apparently I felt like rambling about exercise lol)

I’ve largely been keeping my head down and just keeping to my usual hiking routine of an hour a day (about 20-30 mins of steady uphill climbing and then winding downhill, only 2.5ish miles because of the sharp climb). Last pregnancy I designed a 45-minute “pregnancy loop” with a more gentle incline I did every day until the day before going into labor, but I haven’t switched to that yet and am still doing this more rigorous loop. But I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stick to it, since I’m getting a bit winded near the end of the climb. 

Just last week I joined a weekly prenatal yoga class and it felt great (I went religiously last pregnancy for the second half). I think over the summer for the final 10 weeks or so I’ll bump it up to twice a week. 

Two interesting exercise things from the past week, 1) we went on a little trip at a nice resort and for three days in a row I swam (slowly and not gracefully) for an hour a day (split up into 30 minute intervals because of course I had to get out and pee!) and it’s AMAZING how I felt afterwards. I wish I had easy access to a lap pool. 

2) after we got back home I indulged and went on a really pretty hike that’s longer (4 miles) but less steep than my usual route. When I’m not pregnant I interval-run it so just walking it felt really chill. Well apparently it was TOO chill because it didn’t even register on my tracker as exercise at all! I guess my heart rate didn’t get that high so it wasn’t productive exercising. I know it’s petty but I wanted “credit” for taking the extra time of hiking 4 miles!
  • @purplg8r - I've been drinking water during runs and just started to drink some gatorade - do you find that the gatorade helps you stay hydrated better than just water?
  • @sw1122 I’m not sure since I don’t like water and have only ever brought Gatorade. But it has electrolytes so that might help you. 
  • hemlheml member
    @purplg8r @sw1122 Have either of you tried the nuun electrolyte tabs? I’m a fan
  • @heml - I haven't, but thanks for the recommendation - I'll look into them!
  • @heml I have but I didn’t like the taste—still to watery.  But I have lots of runner friends who like them