Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Crafting, Baking, and Cooking Thread

2»

Re: Crafting, Baking, and Cooking Thread

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Resurrecting this one to show you the cake I made for DH's 40th! It's a (from scratch) peanut butter cake w/ (ALSO FROM SCRATCH) chocolate cream cheese icing! Not the belle of the ball, but it tastes really good! His birthday isn't for another week (& my 35th is this upcoming Tuesday) but I'm gonna be in PDX for his, so I am trying to do stuff leading up to my departure so that he won't feel like I totally missed something important to him like his 40th birthday sigh.

WHOLE CAKE:
    SLICE OF CAKE:

eta: clarity

• Options
    @emeraldduchess This is an awesome thread! Really enjoying all of the droolworthy foods!
    @madcouplewithabox I love baking pies and making latticeworks too! I always forget to take photographs, so I will have to take some next time! I love making harvest pies (pretty much a mix of all of the fruits I have foraged or gardened from the previous seasons) for special occasions and holidays.
    @dreamscapes_ That cake is gorgeous! :open_mouth:

As for my own skills, I love baking and cooking in general. I'll have to photograph some of my food next time (it usually doesn't survive very long once it is on the table, but I guess that is a good thing?)! I'm also trying to teach myself how to needle knit (loom knitting is a little too limiting at times). 

Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know, not very exciting (and crappy cellphone shots), but this was the popular dish from last year's Thanksgiving.
    Beef and Black Trumpet Mushroom (foraged from our forest in summer) Cornbread Pot Pie topped with fried onions:

The contents (carrots, black trumpet mushrooms, yellow squash, onions, and lots of other goodies):
    [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    The finished product:
    [spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited April 2019
    Not sure if I should post this in the healthy habits thread but whipped up this bad boy from my FighterDiet cookbook! It tasted SO GOOD! Only 321 calories, too!

Edit: forgot spoiler!

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 - That looks mouth-watering! What's the waffle part made out of?
  • Options
    @marebear15 It was amazing! Here's the recipe!

For the waffle:
    30 g Oat Bran
    1/2 tsp Baking Powder
    2.5 g Psyllium husk
    1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
    50 g Egg White
    Dash of Stevia
    Salt, pepper, splash of water!

I used the Walden Farms maple walnut pancake syrup and hot sauce, and it was perfection lol. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    I made broccoli, cheddar, gnocchi, chicken soup and it was fantastic! I can post the recipe if anyone’s interested (I just screenshot it from Pinterest!) 
    i changed it by adding the gnocchi and chicken at the end. 

• Options
    @kels0091 That sounds (and looks) delicious! I absolutely love gnocchi.
  • Options
    @kels0091 OMG yum!!!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3