December 2019 Moms
Options

April randoms

2»

Re: April randoms

• Options
    December is the worst month to get pregnant in terms of my husbands job. They don’t get days off in December. But we’re just thankful to be pregnant. 

I’m hesitant to post because of PGAL and I have been lightly spotting. :/ But I did get to see the babys heart beat.
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I could definitely see trying to avoid a Christmas baby.  We considered it when we first started trying.  Too much anxiety!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll take a baby in any month I can get one, even though December is an already crazy busy month.  I know we're going to get some sarcastic comments and "seriously, December again?" remarks but I don't care.  Depending on my mood, I may respond with something along the lines of "I'm sorry our four losses and three rounds of IVF are an inconvenience to you"!
  • Options
    @ashorkey makes sense in an ivf scenario where you’re truly plotting out the dates when things are happening. And @mackorori all my teacher friends got married in the summer for that exact reasons, babies are just a leeeeeetle more unpredictable 😉

my mom always wanted a christmas baby and never had any of us around holidays. so we’re going to make a cute we got you an early gift type of announcement. 
  • Options
    I’m mostly excited about having a Christmas baby!  I was dreading going through another Christmas/New Years with no child.  This past holiday season was really rough.  I’m hopeful to deliver before the end of the year for insurance and tax purposes 🙂 One thing that has me nervous is the possibility of PPD combined with seasonal affective disorder.  It’s going to be a few months of hibernation alone with the baby and I’m terrified of cold/flu season.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I 100% agree, after struggling any month is a good month to have a baby. I can already hear my SIL saying all bratty "December?! Well, I guess that means you won't be coming home for Christmas". Not sorry, nope we won't be.

@SpongeWorthy I have a friend with a December baby and she said newborn snuggles at Christmas make everything that much better. 
  • Options
    lo_clo_c member
    Both my husband and best friend are both born on the same day (Dec 11) so it's just fitting that Im due right around there. No specific date yet. My mother in law had nothing but good things to say about having a baby in December. Everyone waited on her hand a foot! I'm looking forward to being all cozy with a newborn all december long :) 
  • Options
    DS is a December baby. Thanksgiving thru New Years is pretty much a blur and Ive found it difficult to get bday parties planned bc of holidays and kids basketball schedules. Like the other ladies, I will take 10 more December babies if that’s what it takes. We’re  just grateful to be expecting. 
  • Options
    I agree with ya'll! I can see how there will be downsides to having a baby around the holidays but a baby any month is amazing. I just hope there are no early winter blizzards around the beginning of the month.....dont think my hubby would do very well with an unplanned home birth, he would probably pass out! LOL
    IAmPregnant TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have gotten excited about a Christmas time baby.  I am due the 23rd,m.  Both my kids were 1-2 weeks early, so I am hopeful that will happen again.  
  • Options
    Happy Easter and Happy Passover to those who celebrate! Dinner preparations are underway here. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    Yes, Happy Easter and Happy Passover! We had a nice Easter and it’s nice to lay on the couch and relax. I can’t believe tomorrow is Monday already! But, it’s my first appt and ultrasound!! Eek! Can’t wait to see the baby!
  • Options
    Ladies, I survived the whole weekend with my family and didn’t spill the beans. I don’t know how I pulled that one off!
  • Options
    Just got a BFP last week— EDD 12.28 and I’m worrying about holidays / taking away from birthday etc. is this normal?! So nervous to even call and make an initial doctor appt... just moved to a new town so it will be a new office too. Feeling alone and very unprepared 🙈
  • Options
    mrszoobearmrszoobear member
    edited April 2019
    I know a lot of people are anxious about having Christmas babies. But for me it feels kinda perfect. My work does quarterly inventory and it is mandatory for everyone. They tend to do it a day or two after Christmas depending on how it falls. That means no one is approved for vacations around Christmas. This year I will be on maternity leave! I'm so excited 😁 

I was a summer baby and my birthday fell on July 4th so I was very used to not having friends over for my birthday and it just being family and cousins. I never had a disappointing birthday. I feel like it can work the same way for a Christmas baby.
  • Options
    @mrszoobear I’m a July 3rd baby, I think having a birthday around a holiday is so much fun. I have the best birthday memories.
  • Options
    CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited April 2019
    Edit:  never mind! It seems to have automatically changed in the app when I added a pregnancy.

If I remember correctly, you can only officially be a part of one birth month club, and I think I'm still linked to my old June 2017 board. Anyone know how I can switch it? I don't see it anywhere in my profile settings 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Totally late to this party but I'm in Austin! Also last week's t-storms and tornado warnings were even crazier!  :D

ETA: @MrsJessS meant to tag you in this one! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Options
    I'm excited to see a name thread on our board, but also terrified to get comfortable enough to start thinking about names!
  • Options
    k_mama91k_mama91 member
    edited April 2019
    @bakerstreetboys I can’t wait to get to that point. I do hope we can be nicer to each other than the posters on the baby name threads, there are some hateful mamas over there lol!
  • Options
    I think being worried about holiday birthdays is natural, but I honestly wouldn’t worry!

I have a December birthday and so does my DD. I think having a birthday so close to the holidays is harder on the parents than the kid. My daughter gets a month long birthday celebration PLUS Christmas. She’s never missed out on anything, and I never felt like I did either! 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options
    @bakerstreetboys I hear you on being terrified to start thinking of names! My husband and I have talked about it, but it feels way too soon. This is scary! 
  • Options
    PSA- Frontier has cheeeeeaaaapp flights to certain places of you book today. If my husband and I fly from central IL to Orlando, it’s $160 for the two of us round trip. We’re looking to do a long weekend and are debating on taking our 2.5 year old since it wouldn’t be that much more expensive.
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy This board does seem slow, though this is my first pregnancy board, so I have nothing to compare it to (though several years ago I was pretty active on forums for my favorite band). I’m due 12/24, and the big reason I haven't been posting much yet is frankly just time, lol. This last week my family was in town from a few states away, and I had to teach during the day, so not much free time at all. (Doesn't mean I wasn't lurking on the boards the whole time!) The other big downer is that apparently it's nearly impossible for me to type a post on my phone. I have a pretty old iphone, and it's AGONIZING to type on there. In fact, I was trying to type this post on my phone just now, and got so frustrated I went and found my laptop!   :p  

@MrsJessS You posted this a while ago--but where are you trying to move in CO? We lived there for several years, and would like to move back to the mountains eventually! :)
  • Options
    CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited April 2019
    I think the board is a little slow right now because it’s early enough that people are just finding out they’re pregnant, or if they haven’t already been here in the other boards, they just haven’t started looking up anything yet. My first time around I found this place by accident when I was about 4 or 5 months in already so it was an extremely active board by the time I joined. 
  • Options
    @capricaandrea I feel like posting is starting to pick up a bit more the last few days.  I think part of it is we don’t “know” each other too well yet, so we aren’t interacting as much yet either.  I remember that when I was part of 4/18.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @anniemarie887 They get busy for November because of Valentines Day :lol: (Or at least that's my theory)
    Edit: Woops, I totally read your post wrong. D*mn pregnancy brain (I accidentally tried to get my son's attention by calling "hey google")!!!!
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    We moved this weekend and don’t have internet at the new place yet.  I might be MIA for a few days.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019