Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 04/15/2019

Good morning ladies! 

Welcome @cat765_8

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: If you could go back in time for a day, how far back would you go and why? What would you do for that one day? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: unexplained/mild MFI RX: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?    

Re: TTC Check-in: 04/15/2019

• CD 27: The wait continues. I've been having on and off headaches and nausea/stomach issues, but trying to not think too much into it (which is very hard.) The plan is to test Friday morning if AF doesn't show.

Hope everyone is off to a good start this week.
  • This was a terrible weekend for me, i had the period from hell, no amount of pain medication did anything.  Now I have a family member dying. The universe doesn't like me right now.

1.  How long have you been TTC? 6 months

2.  What is your diagnosis? Endometriosis,  fibroids,  adenomyosis 

3.  What is your treatment plan? Naturally for time being.

• Loading the player...
  • @cat765_8 I'm sorry to hear things are so tough for you right now! It sucks when the universe likes to kick us when we're already down  :'(

QOTW: If you could go back in time for a day, how far back would you go and why? What would you do for that one day?
    Honestly I would probably go back to one of the days of our honeymoon in Iceland. Often times it felt like we were the only ones around and it was just so peaceful and beautiful.

Nothing new with me, just on day 2 of taking BCP. Frantically looking at how soon after IVF the FET would be. Because I'm pretty sure 1 cycle later would put the transfer in the same week as our vacation  :# I'm trying to not worry about it until I at least get to the next phase of this when I'm on BCP round 2 (so right before stims). I'm hoping we can do something that delays me a bit so the transfer falls after July 13th or so.

I'm also trying to not freak out at the cost of meds. I don't think I'm going to have the option to get my meds overseas where it's cheaper, but I guess that's something I might have to fight over with the pharmacy I've been going through for my trigger shot when I did the IUIs. Maybe they'll allow it?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @cat765_8 Sorry to hear about everything you're going through.. The universe DOES like to kick us when we're down.

@inthewoods23 I honestly was thinking 'I wouldn't go back to anything', but when you brought up honeymoon, I'd totally go back to that haha. Iceland I bet would have been beautiful!

Hope timing works out for you! Maybe one of your next phone calls with the office, bring it up and see what they have to say? I know my fertility office was able to work with me when we went on vacation.

And good luck with the meds! Those trigger shots are sooo expensive, it's ridiculous.

QOTW: I'd love to go back to our Honeymoon when we were in Maui. So relaxing, and snoba-ing (scuba-ing without a license needed) was so much fun. Hoping to make it back some day.
  • @chiblackhawkie - ohh, I’m so hopeful for you! Those symptoms must be driving you mad!! Friday at least isn’t too far around the corner! Would also love to go to Maui one day - sitting on a beach somewhere hot has to be one of the best things ever! 

@inthewoods23 - it’s crazy how far in advance we have to plan things when it comes to treatment! I really hope all things work out well with timing. I’m curious to hear what your pharmacy has to say with the meds. I hope they can be somewhat accommodating! On a somewhat different note, where are you going for vacation? 

@cat765_8 - so sorry to hear about your loved one and the sadness and grief that brings. And to top it off with such a painful period just sucks! Hope you’re getting a lot of support during this difficult time! Will be thinking of you! 

AFM: I had a bit of a rough weekend. I started having one sided cramping on Sunday which usually signals ovulation. That was CD 20. So quite a bit later compared to when I’m on Letrozole (we’re not taking anything this cycle). Which means most likely another two weeks or even potentially longer until AF arrives. I just hate how unpredictable my body can be. *TW* And then a good friend of mine announced her pregnancy. I am quite close with her, but she can also be quite self-centered and has been not-so-subtly been giving me TTC advice over the last few months (she’d been TTC for close to 6 months before getting pregnant). I don’t know about you, but there are certain friends/people where I just find it more difficult when they announce they’re pregnant. It’s just knowing that she’ll be talking about pregnancy non-stop for months now that just makes me feel dread.*End TW* I’ve also been finding it very difficult to get motivated at work and all of this just made me feel like crap over the weekend. Anyways, that was a long update, so I’ll cut it here. 

QOTW: I would actually want to travel back to the 1700s or 1800s Europe just for the day to see what it would have been like living during that time. One of my guilty pleasures are those period piece movies/TV shows, but I’m sure the reality of life back then was far from the romantic outlook usually presented in those shows/movies lol. 
  • @chiblackhawkie our honeymoon was also the first time we had done a solo vacation together too even though we got married after being together for like, 9 years! But figures when you start dating in college. I do like @sincethelastday's idea of way back periods to know what it would have been like to live in that time.

@sincethelastday I'm hoping the pharmacy allows me coupons and such. I still haven't called my prescription insurance to see about the costs and that review thing they require. Trying not to think about it!! Our vacation is to northern WI (I live in SE WI) so it's just a bit of a long drive to get home. I'm hoping we can do something to delay transfer to the following week. I guess it would be easier to do a medicated FET vs a natural one to get the timing we'd like. And I'd really rather not wait for August to do the FET!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @sincethelastday No period yet... Praying and hoping SO hard. And yes, we had a studio right off the ocean so we could look out and watch the sea turtles feed on algae right below us. Highly recommend going to Maui at least once in everyone's lifetime :)

@inthewoods23 Going back into time periods would be interesting as well... I love reading fictional books around the Victorian era. (And totally understand the college dating thing. When you're spending all your money on classes and books, it makes it a little hard to travel haha)

And your vacation sounds fun! I bet it'll feel very nice around that time of year compared to down here in IL.
  • @sincethelastday I have friends like that! Then I feel bad for being annoyed by their pregnancy but it's too hard not to be.
    @inthewoods23 your hedgie is so cute! I used to have one in high school, named Pippin.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, my family member is doing better and may be out of the woods soon.
  • Not exactly a newcomer, but Its been a really long time since I've participated in anything...
    1. How long have you been TTC?
    Since 2014. I tried 3 years with my ex husband and a few months with my current SO
    2. What is your diagnosis?
    PCOS 
    3. What is your treatment plan?
    Starting 5mg Femara for the first time starting tomorrow. I've only ever done 100mg Clomid before this.
    Today is CD 4. We will be doing timed intercourse for the time being. 
  • @cat765_8 That's great to hear!

@blackrose-9 Welcome back. Good luck with the Femara.

AFM: Last night AF showed up. Calling the office this morning to update them and get back on the horse (hopefully). I hate how luteal phase symptoms are so close to early pregnancy (but shame on me for getting my hopes up).
  • @blackrose-9 - welcome back as well! Really hope you have better success with Letrozole than Clomid. Do you have an idea how many rounds of Femara you would like to do? Hopefully you won’t need more than one round!

@chiblackhawkie - so, so sorry to hear this news!  :'( With the symptoms you were having it sounded so hopeful! It’s pretty much impossible not to get hopeful with symptoms like those. Hope you have opportunities this weekend to spoil yourself in whatever ways you need! 
  • @chiblackhawkie AF came for me today. I was super hopeful as well because it’s a day late. So bummed! 
  • @sincethelastday we're not sure how many we want to try. The doctor said that they have higher chances with the first 5 rounds but we're not sure if we want to do 5 more before moving to IUI. Hoping we don't have to get to that point