Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC 4.19

Come on, let’s hear those Flame Free Friday Confessions! 

Re: FFFC 4.19

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited April 2019
    I’m gonna kick this off in light of how the full moon’s got the Peggies in full effect today. 

My confession: I don’t really
    mind the drive-bys.😵 I don’t like to dogpile the rule-breakers. I’d rather laugh it off or keep my zen. (Every now & then there is one that I will roll my eyes at or respond to but very rarely. And I DO get why some of you can’t stand it.)

Flame away, I can take it today!😬

• @keikilove Same, unless 1) Peggy starts getting nasty to a reg, or 2) I'm just having a crappy day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited April 2019
    @keikilove @ruby696
    It doesn't bother me much either. I just tend to ignore these posts as I realize the people have no intention of hurting anyone's feelings/triggering anyone. Is it painful to see other people succeeding where I am failing? Of course...but life is full of triggers, and I am not the type to shield myself from them. Avoidance of uncomfortable things is not at all a productive route--at least for me. But this is where I am at my journey, and I cannot speak for everyone else's feelings here.
    Edited: for clarity
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @keikilove I like being able to use my gifs 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m certainly not triggered by much at this point but I enjoy being snarky if they are rude. 
  • My FFFC:
    Some of my playlist favorites are within the death and doom metal categories.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop girl yes! That's the type of music my mom and sister think I listen to but I'm more on the range of your pop rock - melodic metal - progressive metal. Bands that generally have screaming that you can understand and tend to use orchestral elements.

But I'm pretty sure they think I listen to Cannibal Corpse. Not really my cup of tea, but whatever, they can say uninformed about the various genres of metal. 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @whitealbum29 Very cool! I'm going to try my best this cycle to just wait for AF to be late! I only took one HPT on my last cycle, and I instantly regretted it! I felt so wasteful!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @inthewoods23 Haha! I'm definitely not a CC fan! I love Behemoth, The Moth Gatherer (actually labeled as atmospheric sludge metal), Cult of Luna, Rotting Christ, etc. The death/doom metal genre is DEFINITELY NOT the only genre I love though. My musical tastes are all over the place to be honest. Anything from classical to folk rock to aggro-tech to post-Soviet rap to electropop....the list goes on!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop I feel like everyone that likes metal tends to have a very diverse liking of other music!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove some days they bother me more than others. If I'm having a rough TTC day and someone waves their + test in our faces or whatever, I can't help but chime in haha. Most of the time I just enjoy watching the drama unfold with the crazy ones.
  • edited April 2019
    @keikilove I usually just watch the crazy unfold too. The ones who post their pee sticks bother me since it says right at the top of the page not to. Plus this one said we ruined her morning but gave no thought to the fact that she might ruin ours.
    I'll come back with a good FFFC if I can think of one. :)
    Edit: punctuation 
  • I'm cool until they do something like call us nasty names or wish infertility upon us.  I am not easily triggered in general, but I do have a low tolerance for people being self absorbed and mean to other people.  Don't come in and use us for your drive-by question and then belittle us!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @madcouplewithabox I love old country music (Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr., etc)!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @madcouplewithabox I love old country music (Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr., etc)!
    Yes!!!!! I’m iffy on this new stuff that’s been coming out for a couple years. 
  • @madcouplewithabox which is why I decided to call her out on her day being ruined. Although at that point she already said she was deleting the app so she probably didn't see it. None of them ever tell you how long they've been trying except for the ones that tell you they went off BCP/IUD a month ago and it's their first cycle. Like "good for you for blinking and getting pregnant! Most of us aren't like you, thanks"....

@shamrocandroll I usually don't take offense to what they spew at us, but I haven't had to ever feel the pain of miscarriages or CPs. My blood does boil a bit when looking at the HPTs. I definitely took offense to the wishing infertility on all of us since 1) that statement covered every single person here and 2) we're working with an RE and so far haven't even gotten a hint of possibly being pregnant. I've never seen the 2nd line on an HPT unless I tested one after a trigger shot.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @madcouplewithabox Have you heard the band called First Aid Kit? They are a newer band with a more classic country feel (mixed with their own thing). Highly recommend!
    [spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/user/jagadambarecords [/spoiler]

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop I haven’t! Thanks for the share!
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited April 2019
    @madcouplewithabox @flowntheloop - Is Kacey Musgraves still considered country or is she pop now since she played at Coachella? I consider her country and am OBSESSED with her last album. Love her.
    My dad is from TN so I feel like country music (esp. old) is in my blood, we always listened to it on road trips...I have a huuuge playlist on Spotify with tons of old stuff like Loretta Lynn and Kitty Wells.
  • To tie in with the music fffc’s - I don’t get how people like only one genre of music. I am down for anything. If it fills my soul, I can sing or dance to it or just makes me happy, I’ll keep it on. My playlists are a mix of just about everything.
  • @shamrocandroll one of the many reasons I refuse to get a pet fish! That and they make my skin crawl. 
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    @shamrocandroll As someone who used to be big into fish, the end is probably near. I've never had one come back once they get to the upside down, floating/sinking stage. Some goldfish like to swim upside down, but that doesn't sound like what you have going on.

*TW* fish euthanasia 

Eta: words

My local fish specialty store told us you can put them in a ziploc full of their tank water and put it in the freezer if you want to give them a humane death. 
  • @ruby696 Thanks for that info.  I dunno if I can bring myself to do that.  But maybe, because right now I just feel bad for it.  It's been doing this floating-to-sinking thing for MONTHS now!  I keep thinking it's definitely done for each time, and then I wake up the next morning and it's just happily swimming around again.  Maybe I'll make MH do your suggestion.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll you reminded me of a a story about MH when he was in undergrad.  He knew to freeze the fish but put them directly in the freezer instead of putting them in a bag first.  He lived in an apartment on campus with 3 other guys and they had fish frozen to the side the their freezer for the rest of the semester.  I never understood why one of them wouldn't get rid of them but I guess that's yucky frat guys for ya!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @shamrocandroll If it's been going on for months, maybe you just have a weird gold fish :D
  • MH and I help out some older people in the neighborhood we use to live in with things like getting their mail, cutting their grass, just general low key things usually once a week or so.  The one that needed the most help we finally convinced  to go to nursing home and I feel relieved.  I know that may make me sound bad but she was starting to need help more than once a day and it got to be too much.  Plus now I don't have to constantly worry she is going to get hurt or worse. 

Also I am still on pain killers from my surgery and thought I had posted multiple times in different threads but apparently I was hallucinating or something.  Maybe I should take that as a sign to get off the internet.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Lurker*** @ruby696 that is not actually a humane method of euthanasia.... your local pet store is full of it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 I've always wondered about that. I mean they get cold and that takes awhile, right? 
  • @ruby696 I found the following article.  Unfortunately I have no clove oil and I'm definitely not doing it the other way...
    https://fishlab.com/humanely-euthanize-fish/
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• ruby696ruby696 member
    edited April 2019
    Nice find @shamrocandroll. I definitely wouldn't do the other either. We had a 200 gallon saltwater reef tank, so catching a dying fish was impossible. We just let nature take its course, knowing the crabs, shrimp and snails would do the whole circle of life thing.

Eta: grammer