June 2019 Moms

All Groups Check In — Week of April 14

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth?

Re: All Groups Check In — Week of April 14

• Due date/W+D: 6/30 (C section will be week of 6/24) - 29 + 3

Baby is the size of a(n): 3 lbs according to growth scan

Any appointments? Questions?: 4/22 and then several in May

Rants/Raves?: Baby is super active most days, and I have to say I kind of burst with joy when I feel her move. It is such a bonding experience and I like to share it with DH and DD1. Her movements are super obvious from the outside at this point so they get to see her wiggling.

How are you feeling?: very big lately and like my belly button is going to burst

I would say the interaction and love between DD1 and DD2, and watching them form a sisterly bond. DH and I always said we wanted to have at least 2 kids, God willing, so they could have a sibling bond. We both have siblings ourselves
  • Loading the player...
  • wisehwiseh member
    Due date/W+D: 33+1

Baby is the size of a(n): A ferret (the comments on Ovia are hilarious) 

Any appointments? Questions?: Next growth scan on the 30th & then an OB appointment straight after. No questions.

Rants/Raves?: Rant: Have been diagnosed with an irritable uterus & it's very, very annoying. I can barely bend over without sending my uterus into overdrive. Sometimes the cramps are so bad they feel like those calf cramps you get where the muscles turn over themselves, but it's in my uterus :( Rave: last day of work today before I start mat leave! Count down is onnnnnnnnnn till this baby arrives!

How are you feeling?: Apart from the severe cramping & fatigue I'm feeling really good! 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? Eating Sushi and going back to the gym. I miss sushi. haha

@ajbook I sent you a pm with some tips for labia swelling :smile:

• @BlondePeanut I loved watching DD1 love on & help with her baby sister. It melted my heart!

Due date/W+D: June 30/29+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn Squash

Any appointments? Questions?: next appt is on 4/25. Just for a regular appt but I'm planning to ask a few questions about improving (if possible) my odds of a VBAC. 

Rants/Raves?: Still no word on our current house. But there's a house on the market a couple of streets over that we're going to check out tomorrow. Oddly enough, it was the only house we toured a few years back when we initially wanted to start the house buying process (had to work on our credit scores so we couldn't get a loan at the time). I'm hoping this is a good sign for us!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good most of the time. Little man makes it difficult to bend over or breathe deeply at times because he seems to enjoy hanging out up near my ribcage, but I love feeling his movements 😊

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? Seeing my girls bond with their baby brother. And being able to sleep on my stomach again!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • sarcat87sarcat87 member
    edited April 2019
    Due date/W+D: June 25th, 30w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini 🤔

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment and “Preparing for Childbirth” Class next week

Rants/Raves?: My rant this week.. exhaustion and heartburn! My rave... We got a house offer accepted today! Fingers crossed that all goes well and we should be closing by Mid-May.

How are you feeling?: Feeling a little bittersweet about my pregnancy lately. I’m excited that my pregnancy is going well so far but my best friend lost her baby in childbirth earlier this month unexpectantly and that’s been really hard. I’ve been thinking about her all the time and doing my best to support her. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? Hot bubble baths, hot tubbing, sleeping on my back, wine. 

• Due date/W+D: June 27, 30 weeks exactly

Baby is the size of a(n): Platypus minus the tail (thanks, Ovia!)

Any appointments? Questions?: Check up tomorrow. When is the baby supposed to flip? I think she's still sideways or head up (she kind of goes between the two)

Rants/Raves?: Like everyone else said, feeling the baby kick is the coolest thing ever! I'm thinking of getting her a Metallica onesie with all the head-banging she's doing.

How are you feeling?: Feeling excited!

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? Cured meats, sushi, red wine, and tequila. 

• @ajbook omg yes! My labia are swollen too! I haven't looked anything up about it, or how to deal. But damn it's annoying. And the skin between labia is really thin and tears easily. 

@sarcat87 I'm so sad to hear that your friend lost her baby. One of my best friends lost her baby a few years ago, and it was tough to say the least. 

Due date/W+D: may 29, 34+1

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash? 

Any appointments? Questions?: second growth scan today. Fingers crossed baby has slowed down growing so quickly. Was measuring 2 weeks ahead at my scan 3 weeks ago. 

Midwife appt on Tuesday went well. It was my 2nd appt with the partner midwife (they work in pods of 2 at the clinic I go to). We booked the rest of my appointments until the 40th week, and she mentioned that the other midwife is on holiday for my 38th and 39th weeks, which makes me kinda sad because she and I really clicked and I was hoping she would be the one to deliver babe (I'll likely be induced during that time). But. This gives me the chance to get to know her partner, so maybe I'll click with her as well. Trying to see the silver lining. 

Does anyone have colostrum yet? I check every few days and nothing. 

Rants/Raves?:  Braxton hicks are in full force. If I'm walking around, there's an 80% chance im having one. My sleep has gone to $hit in the past few weeks. 

Also, red raspberry leaf tea tastes gross. Even with honey and milk. Somehow I doubt I'll be drinking the recommended 3 cups per day...because ewww. 

How are you feeling?: could be worse. My body still feels pretty ok. No major aches or pains. 

1. My baby. 2. Having my body be my own again.  

• Congratulations @ami500! I hope your day is wonderful!!
  • @sarcat87 - i'm so sorry for your friend's loss! that's heartbreaking. I can only imagine how hard it is trying to be supportive during this time as you are anxiously awaiting your little one. 
    @sarah_is_pregnant - what is the red raspberry tea for? I haven't heard of this. 
    @ami500 - happy wedding day!!!!
    @ajbook - I sometimes feel terrible saying it but I am SOOO over being pregnant too. I have to remind myself that it's temporary and it's my last but also that I paid a lot of money to get pregnant in the first place, I should be enjoying it more. lol (ivf baby #2 here)

Due date/W+D: 6/21 30w +6 (c-section 6/17)

Baby is the size of a(n): length of a football

Any appointments? Questions?: passed my glucose test with flying colors. Baby is doing great. I love hearing her heartbeat. Looking forward to my 32 week scan on the 29th. 

Rants/Raves?: my 2yr old slept through the night in his own bed for the last 4 nights! Definitely a win! Love feeling her move around (except when I feel like she's kicking my vagina!  lol)

How are you feeling?: i'm feeling better this week than last week. Looking forward to a long weekend!

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? being able to sleep comfortably or even just roll over without a production, sushi, not being pregnant!

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 hard evidence is lacking, but it is said to help strengthen the uterus, decrease labour time and reduce interventions. 
    I'm game to try anything. 
  • Due date/W+D: June 10th csection date, 31w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): not sure

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing till my 34 week appointment. Awesome. 

Rants/Raves?: I plan on getting my hair treated. Its a keratin treatment, and will be fermaldhyde free. I know the 3rd trimester is the safest to get it treated. I can't wait, it looks horrible! 

How are you feeling?: My ribs! Baby girl must be kicking them. I'm surprised i'm not black and blue from it. 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? besides seeing DD meeting her new sister. Getting my body back, having a drink, having a venti coffee from starbucks, not having to pee on myself from sneezing! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All of these are so great! I’m loving reading all the things we’re looking forward to. I’ve loved being pregnant so far, but it doesn’t mean that I’m not excited for the new normal that’s ahead!

@ajbook I’m so excited to run again too! I’m definitely a little nervous about getting back into it too, though.

@ami500 Congratulations on your wedding!

@jacksonbears I hear you on the peeing—mine usually happens when I laugh lol.

Due date/W+D: June 26/30w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Broccoli

Any appointments? Questions?: Just had a regular appointment on Thursday. My next one is in about 2 weeks. Wondering if/when they’ll schedule my growth scan.

Rants/Raves?: Like everyone saying, I love feeling all of the baby movements. They are so soothing, even when they’re a bit uncomfortable. And I feel like Baby A is more reactive now too—like if I stop rubbing my belly, she’ll nudge me. I also love my OB practice. I have to meet with all of the OBs because we don’t know who will be on call when I deliver, and they are all so nice. I feel comfortable with all of them delivering, though they all have different personalities.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good still—ask me again in 6 weeks and I’m waddling more than I already am lol.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth? I love being pregnant, but I’m looking forward to drinking buckets of coffee afterwards—I’ve had an aversion to coffee pretty much the entire pregnancy, and I definitely miss it. Also, beer and wine. And getting back to running!

• Due date/W+D: 6.21/ 31 weeks and 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): Asparagus or the size if a baseball glove. 

Any appointments? Questions?: 32 week appointment next week. 

Rants/Raves: For the next few weeks we’re going to be busy with Dr. Appointments and getting ready for baby showers. I’m hoping all of this will make time fly so i can meet my little one! 

How are you feeling?: Overall, I’m ok. I’ve been getting more braxton-hicks. I’ve also been getting more of what I hope is just gas pains. They’re super sharp and uncomfortable. I drink water and take mylanta so it’ll go away. It always seems to take a while but eventually it does go away. 

I’m just excited to meet my mini-me and breastfeed, and skin to skin and make homemade baby food(attempt to) lol

• Due date/W+D: 29 (posting a week late)

Baby is the size of a(n): I forgot hehe.

Any appointments? Questions?: OB appt tomorrow, saw my PCP today. Sick as a dog, again. 

Rants/Raves?: Excited to meet this baby! But so over being sick. Like where is my immune system, lol.

How are you feeling?: Like death. I have the flu.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to after giving birth?: Having an immune system. Sangria. Exercising. Breastfeeding.