June 2019 Moms

All Groups Check-In - Week of April 7

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What's your strangest unpopular opinion, or the one you get the most grief over?  

Re: All Groups Check-In - Week of April 7

• lmcwlmcw member
    Hiiiii! I missed you guys last week :( we made some changes to our internet at home and our wifi was a mess for several days, and I was fighting with the app and eventually just gave up lol 

Due date/W+D: June 8 / 31+1 (I'm officially in single digits for number of weeks until my due date and THAT is a bit terrifying!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Baseball glove

Any appointments? Questions?: OB appointment on Tuesday, but that's it. Question: anyone else dealing with restless leg syndrome??

Rants/Raves?: Mostly raving at the moment! I have clearly started nesting and my version of it means tackling all of the reorganizing projects in my house and throwing out/donating a lot of stuff; I haven't started washing the baby clothes that we already have but I HAVE cleaned out and reorganized my kitchen and laundry room over the last 2 weekends so I'm feeling very accomplished after weeks of not being able to do much. 

How are you feeling?: Still pretty good, thankfully. I'm getting a bit uncomfortable but only because our guy has grown and gotten stronger over the last few weeks so his stretching and rolling is starting to hurt a bit more...but it's for a good reason so I'm not complaining! I seriously wish I could see what he's doing in there lol

GTKY: What's your strangest unpopular opinion, or the one you get the most grief over? I hate Seinfeld. HATE. IT. They're all so annoying. Sadly my H loves the show...it's a real point of contention in our house!

• wisehwiseh member
    edited April 2019
    We missed you too @lmcw! I wondered why you hadn't been posting! Glad to hear everything is sorted now :smile: I don't have restless legs but this literally came up in my email today from Ovia!

https://www.oviahealth.com/guide/10279/restless-leg-syndrome-during-pregnancy?mode=3&ut=4&c=D4V1Vb5JrF8ZhlSOCZNEfLZ2ZBHlJQqycEbmHAR4g7FEQI3GaB

Due date/W+D: 5 June/31+5! (5+1 until I'm "at term" and that is a really daunting but exciting though!)

Baby is the size of a(n): Apparently today it weighs as much as a large bottle of Listerine, but I have a feeling this babe I'm growing passed that milestone weeks ago 😂

Any appointments? Questions?: Seeing my OB on Thursday. Hopefully it's less chaotic than the last appointment (student doctor + student midwife + me, fiance & OB was a bit intense). 

Rants/Raves?: My fiance is coming home on the 17th of April and I'm super keen but also a little bit bummed that he's not working Easter cause the public holidays meant his pay for that week would have doubled & we could really use the money! Oh well, it'll be fabulous to have him home and it means he can help me finally get the nursery ready! Another rave: 8 business days of work left!

How are you feeling?: Feeling the best I've felt all pregnancy, though the uncomfortableness & lack of sleep may wear thin soon! I feel lmcw on the kicks getting much stronger. My whole belly shakes and wobbles 90% of the day now which is pretty distracting, especially when trying to sleep haha

GTKY: What's your strangest unpopular opinion, or the one you get the most grief over? I honestly can't think of one that isn't politically motivated and I don't really want to share that because I don't think this is the place for politics haha. I'll keep thinking on it. 

• Loading the player...
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @wiseh LOL the shaking is so weird! All the twitching and jerking around in there!

@ami500 My little guy is a huge fan of stretching right now I think. I regularly feel him at the top and bottom of my stomach at the same time (literally right now lol) and it’s so weird to see how it makes my stomach get all distorted!

@tickledpink123 Finally I have backup! I feel like anytime I say I hate Seinfeld everyone looks at me like I have 3 heads! Sorry about your boss though, that’s so frustrating. I’ve been really up front with my work about what I need and the fact that I’m taking care of my needs first and their needs second (nicely, of course). Does she just not have children and doesn’t get what you’re going through? There’s a management member who knows I’m pregnant AND knows I had to have surgery and was off for 6 weeks and hasn’t acknowledged either; it’s super awkward. But she’s unmarried, no kids, and is sort of a bitter person...

@honeybeemarie Rolling over in bed in a major struggle these days!! 

Additional rant: I hate foot cramps 😤 I’m on my phone walking (hobbling) laps around my bedroom to work out a horrible one that just came on!
  • wisehwiseh member
    edited April 2019
    I also do not like Seinfeld @lmcw😂😂

@tickledpink123 I can't believe your boss is being such an a-hole about leaving early a couple of times! Some bosses just don't understand that health comes before work :( 

Edited for extra rant: I posted in a mum's fb group asking for mozzie net recommendations cause we have a large number of spiders & bugs in my parents house & the first reply was "have you tried pest control". Cause yes, I want to be spraying poisons in & around my house, especially my newborn's room... 
    😒 Also, I live in the bush - even if I did bug bomb my house it only takes a couple of weeks for all the creepy crawlies to come back in
  • @lmcw I’m never really sitting down and relaxing when he’s rolling around so I haven’t really seen my belly get all distorted yet. I definitely feel it though. What’s funny is that I’ve never seen Seinfeld 😂 people were like how!? I’m like 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also I know for leg cramps, bananas helped me. Not sure if that goes for foot cramps as well, but I’m sure the potassium would help with that anyways. 

@wiseh I’m not sure how true it is but I heard spiders don’t like peppermint. I guess it’s worth a try? Better than the poison chemicals for sure. 
  • wisehwiseh member
    "Large and in charge!" I LOVE IT @ajbook!! haha

@caratdeana are you talking about fundal height there? It's not overly accurate and you could have been measuring behind if babe was laying sideways :smile: I really wouldn't worry about whether you're eating enough carbs. Babies have evolved to be excellent parasites and will take all nutrients they need, there's not a huge amount of nutrition in carbs either - if you're going to be concerned about anything it would be fruit & veg intake to ensure you're getting all your vitamins, etc. This has been reassured to me multiple times through-out my pregnancy :smile:  
  • Due date/W+D: June 30/ 28+2

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Any appointments? Questions?: Growth scan Friday, OB check up 4/22

Rants/Raves?: third trimester here I am

How are you feeling?: I second the large and in charge...with some aches and pains and random exhaustion 

GTKY: What's your strangest unpopular opinion, or the one you get the most grief over? I don't have a Facebook and will never have one, and my family has been on my case about it for years. I said hey, if you want to connect you can call me and visit with me, DH, and DD lol  

• @wiseh Yep, fundal height. I ended up having an u/s today, and I think she is laying a bit more sideways (probably because there’s more room for her that way 😂) as she was head down but not straight up and down. Thanks for the reassurance about the nutrients too. I know babies need some carbs, and I’m still getting some through limited fruits, lots of veggies, some whole grains, and a few snacks, so I think I’m doing okay, but GD is such a rollercoaster, and I haven’t even started testing yet. My appointment with the GD counselor should help.
  • wisehwiseh member
    I hope you do get some reassurance from your GD counselor @caratdeana

I don't think you'll get another ultrasound unless you're high risk @ajel46? Would it depend on your OB & insurance though?
  • @wiseh that’s what I heard. Thankful that I’m not high risk but I just wanted to see my girl again before she’s born lol
  • Due date/W+D: June 15th, csection June 10th - 2 month mark! 30w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): i actually looked it up! i'm a zucchini

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a regular check-up this past friday. All looked good. Head is down, i guess she's getting ready! I filed out my paperwork for my breastpump, this time around I'm getting a Spectra. 

Rants/Raves?: My dog ate some raisins by accident. Had to rush him to the Animal ER, they got him to vomit, out came 11 raisins, that could have killed him! 

How are you feeling?: Feeling huge! I'm looking forward with trying to get back in shape after baby is born. We're getting a treadmill when the basement is finished, this should definitely motivate me more compared to when DD was born. 

GTKY: What's your strangest unpopular opinion, or the one you get the most grief over?  I don't like Game of Thrones. I find it too violent, and the characters annoy me. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @BlondePeanut I understand the no fb thing if you have family that live nearby or within the state. I have a fb that I hardly ever post stuff on my page, but it’s nice to connect with my family that don’t live in the same country. That’s just my two cents on that. 

@holyboobsbatman I’m against posting photos of my little one on social media as well. I only sent photos of my ultrasounds to family and some very close friends. The only little one I post is of my dog. 😂 He’s the only exception. I’ve never seen Friends nor will I ever. It’s another one of those I never seen but people give me 💩 over. 

@jacksonbears Glad you caught your dog and that he’s okay! I know I freaked out when my dog was eating rocks when he was a puppy. He thought it was a fun game. He learned after we brought him to the vet and got 11-12 Little Rock’s from his tummy. Which the vet gave us a bag of. I also haven’t seen GoT 😂 lots of people tell me to watch it but I’m like ehh.. not interested. 
  • The board has been busy this week! 

@lmcw - welcome back this week! I feel you on Seinfeld. I watched it way back when but I just don't get it. 
    @ajbook - I need your outlook! "Large & in Charge!" I love it. 
    ajel46 - I haven't had a scan since 20 weeks but OB has scheduled 2 more growth scans at 32 weeks & 36 weeks. 
    @wiseh - I don't think I could handle the creepy crawlies! 
    @BlondePeanut & @holyboobsbatman- We use an app called Tiny Beans to share pics of our son. You have to invite someone to use it for you so you can control who gets to see pics of your family. 
    @jacksonbears - I never got into GOT either! my husband loves it. I had a really hard time getting past the incest. I've tried to watch the last season with him but he's definitely way more into than I am and I don't really feel the need to catch up with the seasons. 
    caratdeana  - i didn't even know you could measure Fundal height yourself. Glad the check up went well and you are reassured that she's just in a different position!

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: 6/21 - 29w+5 (scheduled c-section 6/17)

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash or weighs as much as a trumpet

Any appointments? Questions?: Monday for my GD test.. starting to freak out a little about how quickly she is going to be here. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I really just need my 2 yr old to sleep the whole night! We moved him into his big boy bed too early thinking it would be easier to adjust a few months before new baby and now we are paying the price. lol. I have a sleep training clock in my cart on Amazon to hopefully help. Rave: I think we are finally narrowing down the name. 

How are you feeling?: I feel better than I have the entire pregnancy which is a nice feeling. Now if I could just get a few nights of decent sleep :-)

GTKY: What's your strangest unpopular opinion, or the one you get the most grief over?  apart from the different shows everyone mentioned I can't think of anything off of the top of my head. lol 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @wiseh "Have you tried not being such a snark?" Geeze, what is it about online discussions that makes people think they can be rude? Seriously though, I hope you can find a combination of solutions to keep the critters out; I know there are some plants that are good for keeping pests away...at least in my climate, not sure if those crazy Australian bugs would even notice them!!

@ami500 Yeah it may very well be potassium. I usually have a banana every day Monday to Friday, but not over the weekend because if I buy too many bananas they get too ripe and then I won't eat them. I COULD make 2 grocery runs...but who are we kidding?

@caratdeana Our babes can be yoga buddies; my doc said yesterday that it feels like my boy's head is down, which means he's also downward dog-ing in there because something large keeps shoving itself out of my stomach! Glad you've adjusted alright to your GD diet so far, I'm sure meeting with your counsellor will help make the transition easier (at least mentally!)

@ajbook YES girl, large and in charge for sure! Love it. 

@ajel46 Same, I think it really depends on where you live and your practitioner and everything. I don't think I get another one, unless it's after my 32 week appointment and my OB just hasn't told me yet. I do want to see my guy again and get another look at how he's growing, but the 3D ultrasounds sort of freak me out lol

@BlondePeanut @holyboobsbatman I'll probably post about our guy a bit, but my fb is already pretty private and I'm going to change my instagram to be the same...don't need any randoms checking out this baby :neutral: If you don't want to post or make them an account or whatever you could just set up a photostream through your phone and give your family access to it so they can see photos without them being public; I know several people who've done that and said it worked well. But @ami500 that app sounds interesting!

@holyboobsbatman We've started receiving stuff too! It's motivation for me to get the nursery a bit more organized so I can put stuff away! My first shower is this weekend so I'd like to have his room back together before then. Also...Friends is basically background noise in our house lol there are times when the characters annoy me, but for some reason I find them easier to watch than Seinfeld!

@jacksonbears Yikes, that's scary about your dog! My cat will beeline for elastic bands, which would get his guts all twisted up and we've had some very close calls...damn pets! I tried GOT but there are too many stories and too many characters (who all look and sound the same!) and I just gave up. Do you mind sharing what pump you got previously and your rationale for trying a different one? I'm dragging my feet on picking one while I wait to hear what changes they're making to my benefits plan at work lol

@Griffin5413 My sister in law had really good success with a sleep training clock, fingers crossed it helps!
  • Most of my family lives close, and the grandparents that aren't get pictures emailed directly. So there's really no point in us having a FB or other acct to share pictures of the kids. I think my family just gets on my case because they all have a FB account and I'm the only one not on the bandwagon lol. They all get to see and take plenty of pictures so we have no issue there. My Mom and sister are just super social media butterflies so they think I should be too I guess. 
    Next month I will be receiving my official c section date. I 'm due 6/30, but my section will be the week before unless it has to be sooner for medical reasons, but so far 39 weeks is looking like it'll work just fine 
  • @lmcw the photo stream sounds like a great idea! Thank you
  • Oh, and thank you @Griffin5413! (I didn't see your comment at first). I'll have to check that out!
  • @sarah_is_pregnant I know you asked about how I would feel after the iron IV last week! I got it done yesterday and it wasn’t bad. They gave me Benadryl beforehand so I was dozing on and off in the recliner while the IV was going. I’ve got another 2 more weeks of IVs (once per week) but after this first one I feel quite alright. Don’t really notice that much of a difference yet, but I was drowsy (due to the Benadryl) and a bit sore. My hemoglobin was at a 8.3 when they started so I’ll know next week if it helped or not. Baby was still kicking and his heartbeat was okay at the OBs office so they weren’t worried at all. 
  • So much activity this week. I have just been reading everyone's posts and havent even posted yet haha.

Due Date/w+d: 6/3; 32w+ 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Squash

Any appointments or questions: Finally had an appointment with my OB this week. Lost 3 lbs since my February appointment and my blood pressure was back to normal so doctor was happy. Next appointment is in 3 weeks she said we will do a growth scan. 

Rants/Raves: None really that I can think of. Besides everyone at work rubbing my belly then asking if it's okay if they touch it.

How are you feeling? So tired this week. Third trimester finally hit me and definitely feeling pregnant this week. I get why people say they are uncomfortable.

GTKY-: All I can think of bc it just came up, I don't like GOT. I don't get it, doesn't interest me. Same with Star Wars. Just not a scifi person I guess.

• @ami500 thank you for the update. I had my blood drawn at my last midwife appt and will have to ask how my levels were at my next appointment. I didn't know infusions were a thing!

Due Date/w+d: may 29, 33w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Squash

Any appointments or questions: Finally had an appointment with my OB this week. Lost 3 lbs since my February appointment and my blood pressure was back to normal so doctor was happy. Next appointment is in 3 weeks she said we will do a growth scan. 

Rants/Raves: None really that I can think of. Besides everyone at work rubbing my belly then asking if it's okay if they touch it.

How are you feeling? So tired this week. Third trimester finally hit me and definitely feeling pregnant this week. I get why people say they are uncomfortable.

• @lmcw i had the medela pump. It was good, and worked just fine. But its kind of rough and its loud. I'm getting the spectra which I hear is more gentle, and not as loud. I hear its the same as getting milk out, but only down side, its heavier. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @jacksonbears Thanks! I'm still debating on a pump, I'm not sure yet if my health insurance covers one so price may be a factor. 
  • @lmcw - are you in the US? I think all insurances in the US cover breast pumps. You should definitely check first. 
    @honeybeemarie - so glad your scan went well! Isn't it amazing how much can change so quickly. 

I passed my glucose test with flying colors! My OB always freaks me out about my health but this pregnancy all of my vitals have been perfect. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker