November 2019 Moms

April PGAL

This thread is a safe place for those who are pregnant after a loss. (PGAL). If you have suffered a loss please feel free to answer the questions below and keep things going throughout the week as a continuing conversation.  

If you haven’t suffered a loss, please refrain from answering the questions, but know we welcome anyone who wants to come in and support the PGAL ladies and their milestones with encouragement or love tits! Thank you!  

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation? 

Re: April PGAL

• 1. How many weeks are you? 8+4

2. Previous loss(es)? 15 week loss due to a large SCH.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally I'm better that week. Physically, my nausea has increased some. 

4. Any appointment updates? I had an US yesterday and I only have 1 SCH instead of 2. It is 1cm×1.8cm. So still kinda big but I'm hoping another week of bedrest will be enough to heal it. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I was told today that I have to get my US in my OB's office or in the radiology department. I was going to another OB office in the building.  Apparently my OB wasn't getting my scans and the other OB was. I have no clue how much an US in radiology will cost. So I'm a little annoyed.  

6. Any milestones coming up? 15 weeks is my only milestone. 

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation?  I would love to go to Europe. I will likely wait until my kids are much older so they can come with me or completely grown so I wouldn't feel as bad leaving them.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 11+3

2. Previous loss(es)? 20 week loss due to pprom (water broke) 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically ok, still exhausted and had a headache that has finally gone away after 3 days (I miss Advil). Emotionally, ughhh, just need to have this baby in my arms

4. Any appointment updates? got my NIPT results back, everything looks good, decided to wait to find out gender

6. Any milestones coming up? have my first tri screening next week, so excited to make sure baby looks good and to see the growth, last pregnancy I remember being so shocked at how much the baby looked like an actual baby at that point, and less of a blob. I should have a cerclage placed shortly after this appt, so kind of anxious about that. 

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation? I'd love to have a private hut in the middle of the water, like fiji or something, a crazy exotic vacation, I will probably never be able to take!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ShadysLady I'm sorry for your loss. You have much more willpower than I do. I want to know the sex as soon as possible! 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 7+6

2. Previous loss(es)? MC 11/18 at 9+3 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Alright, I feel like I can't control my emotions and have had the worst mood swings. Also, slight nausea but it's not too terrible. 

4. Any appointment updates? I have an appointment on Wednesday. I am hoping they check for the heartbeat to be sure. I got my ultrasound at 6 weeks and there was one then but the tech kept telling me how it's still SUPER early.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I attended a baby shower yesterday for a girl who had the same due date as I did for my first pregnancy (she had her twins already extremely premature). Its wild to me that I should be that far along and having a shower.

6. Any milestones coming up? I feel like if I hear a heartbeat at my appt on Wednesday I might actually start feeling pregnant and excited? 

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation? Probably some not crowded beach with just my husband.

@emeraldcity1214 hopefully your scans dont cost too much. My cousin took his young firstborn to Europe but now they have 3 and don't have plans to return. The one who got to go probably won't even remember it.

@ShadysLady I've always said I don't want to find out the gender and my friends get so frustrated. I might change my mind when I actually approach a time to find out but right now I think it would be nice.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 10 weeks today 

2. Previous loss(es)? 25 weeks cord accident, and 6 weeks 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? My physical symptoms have really let up, thank God. The nausea was overwhelming. Still not feeling very emotionally connected to this pregnancy yet. My husband definitely is and it’s kind of awkward. He’s brainstorming names and figuring out how to arrange bedrooms and Im just not there. 

4. Any appointment updates? Ultrasound coming up a week from today

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation? I’d really like to book a one way ticket to Asia and just hop around without a plan for a couple months. 

@katyl90 Im not a beach person because I can’t deal with the crowds. That’s not a vacation to me. Not crowded would be wonderful though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emeraldcity1214 thanks, I know in my head I would feel as heartbroken if I knew what the sex was as I was last time, but knowing the gender made it so much more real to me, we gave him a nickname, picked out furniture, etc. PGAL is suck a mindf***
  • @katyl90 - I know what you mean, especially knowing that my doctor and her office knows, it's killing me! 

• @ShadysLady we did a ton of genetic testing after I gave birth to Abigail to find out her sex. It was the most important thing for me. I wanted to give her a name. I needed to feel more bonded and for her to feel real. Being able to give her a name did that for me. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 8w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? 5w

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I'm doing much better after hearing a strong heartbeat at my first appointment. Physically, the nausea and fatigue is hitting hard this week.

4. Any appointment updates? We had a great first appointment! They didn't do any blood work this time around, so I'm anxious to have that done in about 3 weeks to ensure everything is fine there.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave- my pup has started hanging out with his head on my belly whenever he can which is just about the sweetest thing I can imagine!

6. Any milestones coming up? I'm letting my in laws and siblings know this weekend at Easter lunch so that's rather exciting!

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation? My dream vacation would probably be going back to Germany but maybe for Oktoberfest this time!

I do truly wish I had known more about my little angel baby. I feel like it's harder to work through the grief when the person your mourning doesn't have a name/identity.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 
    10+2

2. Previous loss(es)? 

1 loss (7 weeks) prior to having my son. Two chemical pregnancies this year while we were TTC. 

Physically the symptoms vary day to day. Lots of nausea and breast tenderness.  Low symptom days scare me, so I prefer the nausea.  Been getting some discomfort from uterine expanding and that gets me nervous too. 

Had my initial ultrasound last week. All good, strong heartbeat.  It was reassuring. 

Not today, just "Hi! I am new here"

Nuchal Translucency and NIPT in two weeks.

Oh gosh, any vacation really.  We haven't been on a vacation in so long! I think if we could go anywhere I would pick New Zealand. It looks beautiful and I would love to see a different sky full of different stars. 
  • @drama_llama welcome! I'm sorry for your losses. I totally get being nervous about low symptom days. This entire pregnancy has been that way for me though so that has been nerve wracking. 

AFM......I have another follow up US today. I tried to find the HB on my doppler last night but couldn't. I'm not too worried because that's happened before and then I found it the next day. It would have just been great to have that reassurance. I think I need to buy some more gel for my doppler because I'm almost out and that may be what the problem is. My doppler is more reassuring than US because last time I had a great US and then a few days later the baby was gone. I think I will be anxious until I have gone a few weeks after my SCH has healed. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I had to put away my doppler, it was making me so anxious.
    i
  • @ShadysLady I haven't used it during my last 3 pregnancies but after my loss, I find it comforting. I'm not freaking out about not finding it because I'm only 9+2. So it is still very early. I just don't want any surprises during this US. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I hope your ultrasound goes really well, and shows that your SCH is gone! Keep us updated!
  • Well, she found 2. One measuring 1x1.8,  so now change in size for that one. Another measuring 1cm. I'm wondering if this is the same one that I originally had and the last US tech just missed it. She had to work to get a good picture of it. 

I'm trying not to be discouraged but it's hard. I was really hoping they would be healed by now and I could just relax. 

The HB was strong beating away at 171. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure it was really difficult to hear that that aren't really shrinking, despite your best efforts. Are they going to follow up again in  a week?

Congratulations on the strong heartbeat! I'm comforted by the knowledge that our babies are getting bigger every day, so a 1 cm SCH keeps getting smaller in comparison. I'm so frustrated for you, though! I was hoping the modified bed rest would clear them up. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • @abbsters-2 I'm not sure. I usually request one. She told me she would follow me closely this time so I'm assuming I will have another one. I may ask for one in 2 weeks instead of 1 week. DH wants me to stop getting them all together because he thinks its stressing me out even more. He thinks not knowing if they are shrinking or growing would make me calmer. 😑 He doesn't get it. I told him after losing Abigail, I will never be that calm naive pregnant woman again. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I hope you get good news about the SCH. That must be terribly nerve wracking.  My spouse also doesn't completely understand PGAL brain, though he tries. 
  • @drama_llama my husband is a doctor so he looks at everything from that angle. So to him I am coming off as a hysterical pregnant lady. 

I told the nurse that I'm not going to go out of the office for another US. I'm going to suck it up and go back in that room. I already bawled my eyes out in front of everyone after my first US. I was even shaking in the one I had today because I was just so nervous and scared. I seriously think I may have PTSD or something. My doctor mentioned it awhile back when she offered to find me a new doctor. I'm suppose to be starting counseling sessions next week. So I'm hoping that will help me process everything. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 
    8w 3d

2. Previous loss(es)? 
    7w- spontaneous miscarriage and a chemical pregnancy

Physically just a little tired and absolutely starving allllll the time.  Boob soreness comes and goes and today it's minimal.  Emotionally I'm just a little anxious since I really don't have too many symptoms and the ones I do have come and go.

I had my first ultrasound on 4/12 at 7w3d and the baby was measuring 7w2d with a heartbeat of 132.  It was sooo great to see that little flicker on the screen.  I also had my intake appointment with my Obgyn office where they did all sorts of blood work.

I know it's crazy to wish for, but I just wish I had more symptoms so that I could "feel" pregnant.  The first 2 miscarriages have kind of robbed me of the overall excitement, but I'm trying to stay positive. 

I have my first appointment with my OB next wednesday 4/24 and I have another ultrasound that morning.

My dream vacation would be to take an exorbitant time off of work (like 6 months) and travel all over the world with my husband.
  • Hi knottie, welcome and I'm sorry about your losses. When you get a chance could you change your username to something easily recognizable? It is hard to interact with you because we can't tell you from all the other knottienumbers. You may need to log out and log back in. 
  • Hi everyone!  New here, but I finally feel “safe” to join in.  I just posted my intro on the main thread as well.  

1. How many weeks are you? 8week and 1 day

2. Previous loss(es)? 4 early losses in the last year, 1 failed IVF cycle that retrieved 2 PGS abnormal embryos.  

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I’m a mess!  I have major anxiety about this pregnancy but I’m trying desperately to enjoy this.  Physically, I’m a bit worried, I’ve had some spotting (not for about a week now) and my symptoms have definitely lessened since last week.  I’m on endometrium, so I’m assuming the spotting is from that.  As for symptoms, I know they can ebb and flow, but with my son I was pretty consistently sick until 14 weeks.  

4. Any appointment updates?  We graduated from my RE’s office this week!  We were gearing up to start another IVF cycle and had started estrogen priming when we got this positive test, so the clinic offered to monitor me for the first several weeks.  We had betas that doubled in 72 hours, which was emotionally tough, but the fifth one I had drawn more than doubled (and on my birthday, so that was nice!).  We had a 6 week ultrasound and saw a heartbeat of 106.  Our 7w 5d ultrasound showed a 65% gain and a heartbeat of 165, which was a huge relief!  So m, this week we signed our release papers and we go to my OB for an intake appt in two weeks, but won’t see my midwife until 13 weeks 😬😬😬.  I’m hoping to get an ultrasound at the end of 11 weeks, but they won’t schedule that until the intake appointment.  

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Has anyone had very strong a symptoms (sore boobs, nausea) hang around for 2 weeks then almost disappear?  I’m trying to remember how I felt with my son (he’s 2.5), but I don’t remember feeling a break in the nausea until the second trimester.  

6. Any milestones coming up? I’m considering every day a milestone!  

7. GTKY? What is your dream vacation?  I’ve already been, but I want to go back to Kauai!  It was the happiest place with the most deliciously fresh food.  The only thing keeping me is the long plane ride from the east coast, and the nonexistent vacation fund!
  • @rogro118 I wouldn't worry too much about symptoms coming and going. It is completely normal. I barely have any symptoms most days and then I will have 1 random day with intense nausea. Yesterday I felt like I was on the verge of vomiting all day and could barely move but today I'm completely fine. Last time my symptoms started subsiding around 10 weeks and they were intense most of the time. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 thanks for weighing in, that makes me feel a bit better!  I need to find a way to start really enjoying the better days like today!  
  • @rogro118 I have found it to be really hard to quiet my anxiety during this pregnancy. So I completely get where you're coming from. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 12+1

2. Previous loss(es)? July 18 (9w, didn't know until 11week Us)

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally (I've wanted to punch my husband in the face for no good reason, because he said something encouraging and I took it sarcastically)...Physically, I haven't had any morning sickness for the last 10 weeks, but week 11 I started feeling Nausea.

4. Any appointment updates? 22 April CVS (very anxious)

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? None, just practice doing the posting...although..i just found out what a rainbow baby is..today.

6. Any milestones coming up? CVS. 

Traveling throughout Europe and seeing cool places I've read about.
  • Has anyone requested an extra extra scan to check up on everything?  I had one at 6 and 7.5 weeks at my IVF clinic, but since my last one my symptoms have faded and have not yet returned as I mentioned above (I’m 8.3 today).  Just curious if it’s something that is common after recurrent losses.  I need it to calm my anxiety more than anything, I can’t bear to go another four weeks before knowing if this pregnancy is going okay. 
  • @rogro118 I have requested weekly US to monitor my SCHs. I have two and last pregnancy I had a very large one that ultimately ended badly. I opted out of an US this week and I will go the following week. Then I may not go again until my NT scan. 
  • How is everyone doing? I have been feeling much better. The last few times I have used my doppler I have found the HB almost instantly. It is very reassuring. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 that’s great you’re feeling better and exciting about the Doppler, I just ordered one this weekend.  At what week could you first find it on your own?  I don’t see my midwife until 13 weeks (I’ll be 10 this week) and I know I can’t wait that long!

I’m feeling better now that I’m sick again 🥴 This has definitely been my worst week sickness wise, but very reassuring.  I’m looking forward to my intake appointment at my ob office this week so we can start to get this show on the road!  
  • @rogro118 I found it at 8 weeks the first time I tried. Then it was hit or miss until I figured out the exact spot. I'm 11 weeks today and I have no problem finding it now. I wasn't expecting to find it at 8 weeks because that is very early. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 I'm glad you're feeling better!
    @rogro118 I totally understand about feeling reassured by sickness! I'm still really sick too, but I think I'd be a lot more worried if I felt better. 

I'm feeling a little less anxious, now that I'm nearly 11 weeks, although some days are worse than others. My second ultrasound is only a week away now, so I'm happy that I'll have some definite information soon. My first was at barely six weeks, so, although it was (mostly) positive, there's been a lot of time for me to worry that something has gone wrong. On a positive note, I finally bought something for the baby this week (a new diaper bag! I got a backpack for my first, and quickly discovered that I do not like wearing a backpack everywhere anymore). Buying something was a really big step for me, since last time, the first things I bought were some maternity clothes that got here a few days after I miscarried. I tend to prepare for the worst, but I think I am finally ready to let myself think that this will work out. 
  • @abbsters-2 last time I bought some maternity clothes and that was about it. I bought some nursing tanks this time. I also bought a diaper bag. Ironically, I got a backpack style this time. I have always had the kind that go over the shoulder but it is cumbersome with 3 kids so I figured it would be better to try a backpack this time. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 Almost everyone I've talked to prefers the backpack style! They're definitely convenient, but I just can't get over wearing a backpack. It makes me feel like I'm back in high school. And it felt odd to dress up for things like church, and then put on my backpack! I'm pretty sure I'm the outlier here, though. :lol:
  • I am feeling very anxious.  I had very light symptoms last week, though my breasts have consistently been so sore, and it got ne nervous.  I have the NT scan Thursday. I am hoping for good news and reassurance.  
  • I don’t know if I had a nightmare or what but I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic about placenta accreta. I am not feeling confident at all about VBAC and I just wish there was clear cut answers. I’m trying to just put it out of my mind for now but PGAL brain just makes me focus so intently on risks of every little thing. 

@drama_llama I hope you have a good scan Thursday!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kurtni is there a reason you're worried about placenta accreta? That is a very scary pregnancy condition. I had a good friend that had that with her last pregnancy. She and her baby are both fine but it was very scary for her. 
  • I'm going in for my follow up US this morning. I'm also getting my blood drawn for the NIPT. I listened to the HB last night but barely found it because he is buried behind my pubic bone. I was getting worried but I'm so glad I found it. It helps me to stay calm. Plus, I'm going into the room where they told me Abigail no longer had a HB. So I need feel calm. 
  • @emeraldcity1214 good luck at your scan, that is so hard.  I’m dreading going back to my OB office too, haven’t been there since my first loss last May.  Everything after that was at my RE, and we graduated from there weeks ago so no worries about that place anymore.  Fingers crossed for you for a calm, anxiety free morning.  

My doppler was delivered the other day, I got the Sonoline B.  I haven’t been able to find the heartbeat yet, but I’m only 10 weeks tomorrow so I’m going to try again this weekend 🤞🏻🤞🏻.  I have my intake appointment on Friday, it is with just a nurse and they ask a million questions, do a urine test, and basic bloodwork.  They’ll also schedule my NT scan which I’m looking forward to.  I’m so excited to get going with appointments, and moving forward with this pregnancy so I can start worrying less.  I feel guilty for wishing the time away, but this constant worry is so hard!  Is anyone else feeling this way?
  • kcc0324kcc0324 member
    We had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy and I am a worried mess :( the fertility center did a few ultrasounds before I saw my regular ob and everything looked good. I just can't help but worry. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and have my 1st trimester screening on 5/10. We're planning on telling my daughter (she's 6) and our family on mother's day weekend. If you have other children when did you tell them? And how do you not worry so much? I know it's not good but it's hard to not worry and to think the worst :'(
    BabyFetus Ticker