Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 04/08/2019

Hello ladies! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: What is one piece of advice you would tell your teenage self if you could? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: unexplained/mild MFI RX: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?        

Re: TTC Check-in: 04/08/2019

• Hello! Sorry I was absent last week. It started with the disaster of leaving my iPhone at the station on the way to my office and the phone then being stolen in the space of 10 minutes or so (it was already switched off when I called it not long after). Apart from the obvious inconvenience, the extra admin to sort out and the huge cost to replace it, it really upset me beyond the actual value of the thing. I’ve had things stolen before, obviously, but I had such positive associations with our new town (which feels more like a village as I think I’ve said) that it’s been really upsetting to think that even in the middle of the day (there was hardly anyone around) there are people lurking ready to take advantage of your forgetfulness. It made me sad all week and I lost the motivation to do anything other than go to bed early after dinner...

Oh and we’re currently waging a war with a colony of ants who’ve made their home underneath the wall/staircase going down to the garden/basement level. That’s been really stressful too as every time we think we’ve stopped them, they find another route. They were confined to the stairs until this morning when they started coming out of a crack in the bedroom doorway. Ugggh!

Anyway, that’s a long way of saying I’ve barely been thinking about the 2WW at all (ought to be a good thing, right?) and don’t have any hopes up at all. I’ve almost never felt further away from being pregnant. Still, I’m trying to be positive at the start of this new week (with a new phone to replace the old already) so we’ll see how that goes. 

QOTW: I would probably tell her to hold her head up high and not be so afraid of being told off! I’m a bit better at that now, but it’s still a work in progress...
  • @cigaline - ugh, sounds like a rough week! That’s so incredibly frustrating about your phone, especially since it really does take a lot of work to get a whole new phone set up and in place like your old one. And the ants!! Have you had any further luck with them or thinking about calling in an exterminator? The house I grew up in had ants, mice, and  squirrels at one point or another and it was a nightmare (and I wasn’t even the one having to deal with it because I was just a kid!) But I remember my mom being super stressed out, so I can imagine you’re at your wits end! Hope you get some solutions soon! 

I guess the only silver lining to all that is you haven’t been thinking much about the TWW, but sad to hear how you really don’t have much hope for this cycle (totally been there). Is the plan still to start IUI in May? I really hope you don’t have any more delays with getting that started!!

@nancinator and @chiblackhawkie - how are you both holding up with the TWW? 

@inthewoods23 - did AF show up yet? I’m assuming you would be going in soon for an initial US soon or starting stims soon? I can’t remember if you had already gone to the info session at your clinic for IVF. If so, how’d it go? 

AFM: nothing much new. Just eagerly awaiting AF so I can start the IUI process. Still a couple of weeks away. *TW* Went to a family member’s 1 year old’s birthday party recently and was surrounded by either pregnant women or couples with babies. Thank goodness we could only stay for half an hour otherwise I think I would have started tearing some hair out with how uncomfortable I felt :P. 

QOTW: I would tell her to be comfortable in her own skin and to just enjoy being a teenager because adulthood comes with a lot more responsibilities. And to just not worry so much (still need to tell my present self that). 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sincethelastday not yet. Sometimes AF doesn't show until the afternoon. Once AF shows it should be an US and idk if they're going to do BW again or not. I know I'll start with BCP before stims.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @cigaline Craziness! Yeah, I suppose all of that is one way to keep yourself preoccupied from thinking about the TWW. Sorry your way had to be so chaotic though.

@sincethelastday What a cute pup! *TW*Ugh, those parties can be so painful.. especially when you get comments like "You're next!" Bitch, please. *end TW*

@inthewoods23 Sending good vibes your way. (Love your hedgie.)

AFM: So far my TWW has been alright. *TW* I'll admit, I did a little bit of research about if this cycle worked, when the baby would be due... *end TW* I've been doing some serious spring cleaning and gone on walks to help kill time. Just kinda hard to not be able to run OR drink (two of my favorite things), but if it means a better chance then I suppose I can make those sacrifices.

QOTW: I'd tell her to stop being so concerned about what other people think and stop being so self-conscious.
  • @cigaline I am so sorry your phone was taken! That is the worst! I dropped my iPhone last week and the LED panel broke so everything was twitching/flashing/changing color bars. Went in as soon as the Apple store opened and there was a long line of people with similar problems. When we lived in an apartment, we constantly had ants and ended up having to get an exterminator. My friend used Borax (I think) and sprayed it along the cracks and said it worked really well. 

@sincethelastday I went to a baby shower for a good friend over the weekend and it was lovely. It helped that there was an open bar!! Ive been binge watching The Handmaids Tale which is slightly triggering but so well done that I don’t care haha 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

@chiblackhawkie good job on avoiding drinking! I don’t seem to have that will power eek 
  • @chiblackhawkie oh don't worry, I've checked EDD for the last.... well probably year lol

AFM, still waiting on AF. She usually shows by this time in the afternoon if she hasn't shown up in the morning. Hmmm....

QOTW: What is one piece of advice you would tell your teenage self if you could?
    You'll be happier before you know it. Your feelings now will make you stronger as a person.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis rx: naturally for now
    QOTW: What is one piece of advice you would tell your teenage self if you could? Break up with your boyfriend 
  • Alrighty, AF finally showed this afternoon. I go in on Friday for lab work and my calendar! BC starts on CD5. Woo!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • edited April 2019
    @chiblackhawkie - thanks about the comment re: my dog (George). I think he’s pretty darn cute too  :blush: Your dog is super cute as well! Also, I have totally been there with looking up what my due date would be if I got pregnant that month! It’s so hard not to do! *TW* I also literally laughed when I read your comment about people saying “you’re next” with getting pregnant! I also hate when people say, “Wait till you have kids.” Like, b*tch, all I do is wait lol. Hope you’re continuing to survive the TWW with as much patience as you can muster!

@nancinator - ooohh, an open bar at a baby shower would be a dangerous thing for me! Glad you were able to get through it! It really depends on the person for me on how hard I find it. I’ve totally made up an excuse to not go to a shower because I just couldn’t imagine surviving that shower for that particular person. Hope you’re also making it through the TWW as best you can! 

@inthewoods23 - hope everything goes well with the lab work tomorrow! I’m excited for you as you get going! 

@cigaline - any more ants? Hope not!! 

@cat765_8 - welcome to the group! Hope you find some support here and that your stay here isn’t too long! 

AFM: got some more info about my IUI process in the mail. It’s really detailed except it doesn’t mention anything about DH giving his sample. I laughed at it because we kinda need his “goods” to make this work lol
  • @sincethelastday That’s great news about being able to start IUI straight away. You can give me all the lowdown for when we start in May!

The ants seem to be under control for the time being. I did see a few coming out of the door crack yesterday, but DH thinks they’re just the few that ‘hatched’ late after our last gas attack.. I also hoovered the stairs in preparation for my parents coming to stay for the first time, but this morning there were a few dead ones where I hoovered yesterday - weird. At least the main highway leading into the house is definitely out of action, so I have hope we’ve pretty much cracked the problem. 

@chiblackhawkie and @nancinator Thanks for the support re the phone. Got a new one now and the insurance are covering most of it, so things are looking up! Good luck with your 2WW. 

@inthewoods Fingers crossed for your IVF cycle! Exciting that it’s all underway now. 

AFM, AF showed up nearly 2 days early which was pretty surprising. Quite heavy flow right from the start, which is also unusual. I give up trying to understand what’s going on in my body. At least I was right that nothing was going on, and I suppose it’s better not to have lost another two days waiting for nothing...