November 2019 Moms

April Symptoms

How’s everyone feeling now that we’re all further into the first trimester?

Re: April Symptoms

• lw11lw11 member
    edited April 2019
    I finally woke up NOT being feeling naseous. Thank god. But, I have been experiencing a dull ache on my left side kind of where my rib cage starts for about a week. Then if moves around to lower abs and then this morning it has moved to upper rib cage just below my left breast. If I try to take a deep breath in it is a more sharp pain. Anyone experience this?? Should I be worried? 
    🌈☀️🦄💃🏻💕
  • kopp5988kopp5988 member
    edited April 2019
    @lw11 I experienced sharp pains right under my left boob in my upper rib cage with deep breaths a couple weeks ago two mornings in a row (on and off for about 5 min max) but haven’t had any more knock on wood. But I didn’t have any dull aches with it.  Could be worth a visit to your primary care doctor or a call to your OB since it’s been going on for a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • @lw11 I haven't experience pains like that where you are describing, but I have gotten sharp pains around my hips when I twist or move too fast- like RLP.

I'm 9+1 today and I've been feeling a bit better over the past few days, nausea wise. I'm still exhausted, bloated, and moody/emotional, though. 
  • I've been getting a weird, gross taste in my mouth after I eat. I've been chewing a ton of gum to get rid of it, but blah. I hope this is short lived.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nausea has subsided a little to more of an over all yucky feeling, so that's.. better? 😂 Still tired, unmotivated and starving every 2 hours!
  • @swedishmeatball glad the nausea has subsided a bit 

@gumby22c ugh that sounds terrible, hopefully you don’t have nausea because that would be an awful combination 

@creamcheeseplease good to hear your nausea is a bit better but sorry the other symptoms haven’t backed off with it 

I’m having a pretty bad nausea day. It’s weird, the past 3 weeks, and this one is looking the same, my nausea has been the worst on the first 4 days of the week and the backs off a bit (still have it but not as bad). Bizarre. Also had a killer headache most of Saturday 
  • Still starving. Its actually quite annoying to be so hungry such a short time after eating. Its becoming hard to hide at work, people probably think I have a tape worm 😂
  • @kimmer1412 I’m with you! Not that I feel hungry but if I don’t eat every hour (not even exaggerating) the nausea becomes unbearable. And my desk is situated so that half the department walks past me to get to their desks. Why yes I’m eating a bag of potato chips at 10am thank you. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • At 5 ½ weeks, my symptoms are just starting to kick in. Bloated and gassy, hungry but nothing tastes good and just an overall super unsettled stomach. Super fine times over here 😬
  •  Spotting a little bit this afternoon. Is that normal? It’s really light pink. Didn’t experience this in my last pregnancy 
  • @babybellsmommie yes a lot of women on here have had some spotting, we had a whole thread dedicated to it in fact if you want to read through other women’s experience. As long as it’s pink/brown and not a heavy flow with cramping it is considered normal. 
  • @kopp5988 thanks that makes me feel a lot better 
  • @kopp5988 I do have nausea and aversions to most food, so it makes it suck that much more! 😩

@babybellsmommie spotting is definitely normal but I know how scary it is! I had it a few week back and even though I know it happens, I still was worried. 
  • lw11lw11 member
    @kopp5988 yeah mine sounds a little different. It’s gone now but it was constant all morning. If I don’t feel better tomorrow I’ll call my dr.  Thanks. 

@creamcheeseplease ugh the bloat is unreal!!!!!! 🙄😥
    🌈☀️🦄💃🏻💕
  • Seeing as how I'm due later in the month, my nausea is the worst it's been so far today. I've eaten a bowl of plain pasta, had some plain chai tea (for the ginger), and my prenatals, and I'm consistently at that verge of running to the bathroom just in case... ughhhh I wanna be through this stage!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kimmer1412 and @kopp5988 ugh, I'm the same way! Yesterday was fine because I had food in me constantly, today is not good being at work. I need to stock my office drawer back up with pregnancy snacks. It's been awhile!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this is a thing because I've seen it mentioned previously but I have to pee so much. I don't understand why.. I thought that happened when you were bigger later in the pregnancy. I definitely did not experience this in first tri last time, and not really until mid to late second. But I'm seriously up 3-4 times each night to pee. 
  • @creamcheeseplease I'm with you on bathroom breaks, I also dont remember it being this excessive last time until way later. 

I woke up soooooo exhausted and feeling like I might be getting sick. If I didnt have an important meeting at work I would have called out sick today. 
  • @kimmer1412 is your meeting early? If so, I would definitely try to leave after its over. I hope you feel better!
  • @creamcheeseplease you're peeing so much because your blood volume has increased. 
  • @creamcheeseplease its 11:30-12:30, I might try to head home after 
  • @kimmer1412 hopefully you'll get a break! I feel your pain. Threw up for the first time this morning and now my whole day just feels off. If I didn't have so much crap to get done today, I'd work from home. But I'm not productive at home and I'm so far behind already... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @musicgal05 :( I feel you with the throwing up for the first time. It throws everything off.

Ughhh...last night was my first night of feeling nauseous. It was awful. I threw up for the first time while brushing my teeth. I cannot stop thinking of how gross it was, which keeps making me gag all over again. I keep thinking about the peanut butter I ate...definitely not eating that again. I woke up feeling queasy and started dry heaving in the shower. If I had more sick days, I would have totally stayed home. Our company is old school and doesn't really allow for work from home :( 
  • @musicgal05 @mvc003 I hope the nausea and vomiting improve soon! My doctor gave me a prescription, and it is helping a lot! I still feel sick, but I can function normally now.

Anyone else feel really cold? I've only had hot flashes before, but this pregnancy I keep getting the chills. It is in the seventies here, and I'm bundled up in tons of layers and under blankets all day! 🤔
  • I'm SO glad I havent had any real nausea yet. Just a little queasy sometimes. I'm just hungry ALL the time. Luckily for me I've always been a snacker at work so no one finds it strange that I'm pulling skittles out of my sweatshirt pocket all day. 

Maybe TMI here, but uhhh is extreme gas normal? My diet hasn't changed since I've been knocked up, but omfg the farts could kill someone lately. 
  • @abbsters-2 yes! I’m constantly cold. I threw a tantrum today because I couldn’t figure out something comfy and professional to wear that also kept me warm. I just want to be wrapped up at all times. I’ve always run a little cold but I feel like it’s in overdrive lately. 
  • @angieeeeee Yes! I’m super gassy too. They don’t all smell, but the ones that do, yikes! 
  • @mvc003 I’m so glad I’m not the only one who can’t make it through brushing my teeth! Most days I just gag, but the last few days I have had to stop to throw up. I also can’t be in the bathroom while my husband brushes his teeth or else I throw up. I’ve kicked him out to the guest bathroom until the nausea goes away!
  • @abbsters-2 I have trouble staying warm. That happened to me last time too. This past Monday I complained about how cold I was at my MOPs meeting and one of the moms at my table said, "it isn't cold in here today, are you pregnant? That's the only time you can't control your body temperature." 😳 I just said no and tried to keep a normal face. 
  • @abbsters-2 my body temp is all over the place. One minute hot, the next so cold I've got my space heater and jacket on here in the office. But fortunately my nausea wasn't too bad today! I didn't have to just eat crackers all day long, lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @angieeeeee lol, I have these little burps that just won't stop. so maybe it's slightly better than a slap in the face with fart stench, but it gets real hard to hold a professional conversation!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’ve never been one to have sore boobs during my period but boy do they hurt now!! It’s the worst after I go for a walk and it’s cold out. My nipples literally burn! 
  • Hit 8 weeks yesterday and the nausea decided to kick it up a notch. Until this point it's been mostly background nausea and deep exhaustion especially in the late afternoon. Had to stop on my bike ride onto work to drive heave on the side of the road and teeth brushing now triggers my gag reflex, apparently. I'm lost if I don't constantly keep something bland in my belly like crackers or plain oatmeal. Cheese has been working ok but I'm definitely starting to be less interested in food so keeping it bland is pretty much the way to go these days.

On the plus side the boobs aren't hurting as much these days and I'm not starving ALL the time.

Dog is upset with me sleeping all the time and my general unwillingness to play when I get home from work and go straight to nap time. I guess she'sgoing to get used to being second fiddle! 🤣
  • patchlaw11patchlaw11 member
    edited April 2019
    "gaging while brushing teeth!" first time this happened to me was last night. Definitely not cool!
  • @patchlaw11 isn't the gag teeth brushing the worst?! I'm super careful about how I brush my teeth now, it's ridiculous!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, I finally puked. @patchlaw11 Same here, I even said yesterday to a colleague that I know how to manage my nausea now 🤣 
    The first time it almost happened yesterday I was driving home from work and getting really hungry so I decided to get some fries to tie me over. I fully had the "I'm going to puke mouth" watering and even started looking to where I will puke in the car, I finally got 3 fries in and it went away! Phewff.
    But later that night when I took my vitamins.... Game over. 
    I guess the nausea is a bit worse now!!
  • @swedishmeatball we were soooooo sure of ourselves! 🤣
  • gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited April 2019
    I just spent 40 minutes willing my lunch to stay down and trying not to throw up. Thankfully the urge passed without me throwing up. I had just eaten pizza and really didnt want to ruin that for myself for awhile! 🤢
  • @gumby22c I’m glad your pizza stayed down!! 

Im over here willing myself to not have stabbing hunger pains every 15 minutes and then not be able to eat from nausea 😭 
  • My nausea has really gotten much better in the last week! At this point, my only symptom is that I am a human sloth. But I'll take it, bring on the naps and early bedtime!