Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 4/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 4/4

• flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited April 2019
    @kbrown2385 I'm up super early too. I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Guhhh!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 18/7

Timing: -5, -4, -3, 0 (x2), 2, 3   {Probably not spot on as I don't due any ovulation testing and I'm just basing this on cervical mucus consistency.}

Typical LP length: no idea

Testing: I might shoot for the April 11th or 12th? Maybe earlier?

R/R: Despite the pollen making me a little asthmatic, I'm really enjoying what spring has to offer this year!
    For example, this is a Little Sweet Betsy (Trillium cuneatum) hybrid/color morph that is growing near our seasonal stream. It is a native wildflower/plant. The blooms smell like a mix between lemon and rose petals.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]
    CS/Q: nope
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 I hope you can enjoy a hike!  I can’t wait to add flowers to my beds either!
    @flowntheloop spring is killing me this year.  Asthma is fine, but allergies have been awful!  That flower is pretty!

• @holly321 I absolutely love spring, but it doesn't love me back. By the time oaks, hickories, and ashes are blooming, I'm wearing a facemask outside full-time. >_< My car is currently covered in yellow and I just washed it on Sunday!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop sorry spring is hitting you so hard! We moved from South Carolina this past summer and the one thing I don’t miss is the pollen bloom! Love that flower!

@holly321 no motivation in the morning is the worst. Thankfully the end of the week is almost here. 
  • mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/3

Timing: shit

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: nah

R/R: I go here now, since FF decided to agree with me and move CH. But our timing was not good. 

CS/Q: Ugly chart in spoiler 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @kbrown2385 A hike sounds lovely! It is really windy here with lots of stuff blowing around, so not ideal for walking. Crossing F&T your progesterine helps this cycle!

@flowntheloop What a unique flower. The scent you described sounds amazing.

@holly321 I have done that before and needed to buy a back up alarm clock!! Also, did you try eating breakfast? Maybe your blood sugar was low.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD 19/9dpo

Timing: 0 and 2

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: tomorrow and then WFAF

R/R: I tested BFN this morning, blah. I will test again tomorrow and then WFAF. Now that I have accepted that my cycle is irregular mu plan is to just have more sex next month. Except.......

UTI symptoms are back. Womp womp. I will mention it today at my appointmemt. 

CS/Q: 
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @bobbyflies2020 sorry you may have a UTI, I haven’t had many, but they are miserable!  And I never eat this early, so I doubt that is it.  I am terrified it is the beginning of an autoimmune flair.  
    @mrsvp614, that is an ugly chart!  But timing isn’t that bad!  

edited April 2019
    @kbrown2385 South Carolina is gorgeous! And thanks! I absolutely love Trillium! I'm hoping I don't have to use my albuterol inhaler (I try not to use it as it makes me really jittery and anxious). I'm not sure how this could affect my TTC? I may need to read up more on the topic.
    @bobbyflies2020 Thanks. This is the hybrid between Trillium cuneatum var. cuneatum(maroon color) and Trillium luteum (yellow color). Trillium luteum has a more lemony scent, so it was interesting to smell the hybrid version! Many people describe the scent of the maroon color morph as banana-like, but I think it smells a lot like spicy rose petals.
    And oh, man! UTIs are no good!  I hope that clears up for you soon!

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @holly321 Oops, somehow skipped over your post. I hate missing alarms! Most of the time, I just want to stay in bed and be a burrito:

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @bobbyflies2020 do you get uti’s often? Have you looked into d-mannose as a preventative? I’ve had good luck with it.

@flowntheloop I miss SC so much! We lived in the Charleston area and would go back in a heartbeat!

@MrsVP614 sorry for the ugly chart, but fx for this cycle. With your timing you can still have a chance!
  • @misshelen86 It is wonderful. There are lots of other fragrant native flowers which will be blooming in the coming months, so I cannot wait for that!  Do you have any favorite native flowers in your area?

*crossing fingers and toes that my asthma won't be bad this season* I can always hope, right?

P.S. Good luck with the acupuncture!

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @kbrown2385 I moved away from the Southern Appalachians for almost a decade (I'm originally from here), and I have to say there is no other place like it. It saddens me that more people don't cherish what we have here in terms of biodiversity and natural beauty.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @misshelen86 I don’t have a green thumb, but I’m trying to change it! I found some YouTube channels that is almost an idiots guide to gardening. They’ve helped me a lot. I’ve killed cactus in the past. Here’s hoping I can turn that around this year haha
    edited April 2019
    @marebear15 We are in the Southern Appalachian foothills. We are in some of the lower elevations of the Appalachians, but we still get some of the perks (nice biodiversity). We are surrounded by old-growth oak & hickory forest, so I'm a happy girl. 

If you go North or East of us just a bit, you get into some of the higher elevations. <3
    Edit: added something
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @lcking82 Amen to natives! Less pests and they help our endangered native insects (not to mention provide nutrition for other animals)! Some of our native pollinators specialize purely on native plants, so planting only ornamentals or nonnatives contributes to their decline!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @marebear15 mmm Popeyes! Love that place!

@lcking82 I miss camping. Have fun!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ruby696 leaking moon roof?? Ohhh that sucks! DH was in the middle of writing up an email to his boss at the school and he asked me to look over it and I asked him about a few sections he had in there about us losing some sponsors (a portion of our funding is corporate sponsors). Come to find out this mom has made false claims that 1 sponsor left due to DH and another is looking to pull their money from us. Most of the team doesn't even know our full finances why would she? So stupid.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I feel sorry for YH. And her son. Can you imagine that being your mother? Good luck to anyone that kid ever dates.
  • @ruby696 the kid has a sense of entitlement, arrogance, and immaturity. It'll be a loong time before he dates anybody I bet. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23:  that's what I keep thinking, too - poor kid.  Either he/she is in for rude awakening when they have to fend for themselves soon OR momma is gonna be calling all the shots for their entire life.  Either way, no good.  

@ruby696:  your temp climb is just so pretty!!!  (sorry about the moon roof though - my HS car had a leaky moonroof, and it was some little channels that were getting clogged, so ended up being super easy to fix by blowing some air through them?)
  • @lcking82 We tried cleaning the channels already, so I think the gasket probably needs to be replaced. Such a bummer.

@kagesstarshroom Glad you got to park near your building! Hopefully we both stay dry.
  • @ruby696:  womp, womp.  Boo defective moonroof.
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 27/7

Timing: not good

Typical LP length: eh, depends

Testing: nope

R/R: My temps haven’t dropped yet!!! I always have a dip somewhere between 4-6 dpo, but apparently not this cycle. I did have a higher temp for crosshairs than any other cycle by about .3 degrees, but I’m assuming that’s because I’m temping at a later time now. I had phantom kicks like all day yesterday and although I know it’s just my ute contracting and probably gearing up for AF, it was kind of freaky. I’m feeling kind of crampy now and I’m really hoping at least for a normal LP...

CS/Q: 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @kbrown2385 Yay for sprucing up! We can’t plant until Mother’s Day around here since the overnight temps are so low sometimes compared to daytime. I lost tons of tulips one year, and they weren’t cheap. Now I stick to that rule for our region. @flowntheloop Hope you’re able to keep your asthma at bay! @MrsVP614 two is better than none, but I feel you on the frustration. We only got -3 in because I got faked out and didn’t wait for cross-hairs. @misshelen86 So sorry for the BFN.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @marebear15 Oh that sounds tasty! I was expecting AF today but still waiting. Either I O’d later than I thought or my LP is getting longer. I didn’t do anything different last month to lengthen it. 

@lcking82 Have fun camping!

@rikiteacup I agree that you probably O’d on CD 17

@inthewoods23 Wow what a crazy lady. I thought the same as you, that acupuncture is more about relaxation. Apparently it also helps to balance the hormones and stimulate blood flow to the reproductive organs. He claims I should notice some differences within 1-2 months (with my periods, cycle length and cervical mucous) so I’m interested to see if he’s right. 

@ruby696 Oh no that sounds awful to have a leaking moon roof. Just a literal cloud over your head ugh. I can’t say if I recommend it or not yet since I’ve only had one session, but I really like the doctor so I’ll be sticking it out!

@kagesstarshroom Sorry for the yucky day but yay for getting to park closer! 

@NYTino24 FX for you! Temps are looking good
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @misshelen86 My erratic temps and open circles are probably due to timing. Through the week, I temp around 1am when I get up to go to work, usually after about 4 hrs of sleep. Saturday & Sundays I live more like a normal person, so I temp around 8am with a full night's sleep. So I take it all with a grain of salt, since I'm not super accurate. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20