Trouble TTC

TTC Check-in: 04/01/2019

Hello ladies! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: In the spirit of April Fools Day, have you ever pranked anyone or been pranked yourself? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IUI.
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@PoeMasque: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole with TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  DX: irregular cycles and low morph RX: Letrozole 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: Clomid, trigger, and ti 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: retesting before appointment 

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: Clomid and TI

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?         

Re: TTC Check-in: 04/01/2019

• Hey ladies! Back from the beach and already missing it haha.

Had my US this morning and while they are growing, the follicles aren't quite ready yet. Doctor's ordered me to come in for another US Wednesday.

Question for those who have dealt with IUI: how many days before the day IUI happens do they say to stop BDing? Last time we did it was CD 9. The nurse told me they typically tell people to stop around CD 10. It's CD 13 and the soonest I'm sure we'd be able to do IUI is CD 17. Guess I'd hate to have a bunch of dead little guys in my husband's sample come Friday.

Or am I just being crazy and should trust their judgement? 

• @chiblackhawkie My clinic says you should abstain from sex for 2 or 3 days before IUI procedure. 

I went in this morning for ultrasound and follicles are ready so I'm triggering with Ovidrel tonight. Then we're going to get busy! 

QOTW: I can't think of anything LOL oh well. I'm not a big prankster.
  • Loading the player...
  • @nancinator Thanks! I ended up messaging my clinic and they responded with the same thing (2-3 days). 

Good luck with the Ovidrel! Hopefully it works out for you.
  • @chiblackhawkie my IUI protocol was always BD the night you do the trigger shot, abstain the next day, then DH gives the sperm for the IUI the following morning. They also told us to BD the night of the IUI. It's nice that you don't have to worry about whether or not you should BD at any point before the procedure!

AFM, nothing new, just 6dpo. Will probably test this weekend so I can prepare myself for having to call the RE to start IVF since AF is expected in about a week (assuming BFN).

QOTW: the goofiest prank I did to DH on April Fool's was printing out some large letter E's in brown and then once I cut them out I placed them in the baking pan I always use for brownies. Get it? Brown E's? DH was disappointed I hadn't made real brownies haha.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @nancinator - good luck with the Ovidrel! How has the Clomid been treating you so far, any side effects? 

@chiblackhawkie - hope those follicles of yours keep getting nice and plentiful! Hope you get only good news tomorrow! 

@inthewoods23 - I would be thrilled for you if you got a BFP this weekend, but I totally understand where you’re coming from and line of reasoning/planning. I’m still going to hope for you!

I also love your prank on YH! My DH would be pretty annoyed if I had done a similar trick (who wouldn’t be when it comes to brownies?! Lol)

@cigaline - hope you got your positive OPK and surviving the TWW relatively well so far! 

AFM: had my apointment with the RE today. Sure enough, some routine re-testing before starting IUI. DH and I got some of the bloodwork done today, but one of the blood works has to be done CD 2-4. I’m on CD 8 today. A big UGH! They want all the retesting done before starting the IUI process, so there’s the potential that I will have to wait yet another cycle to start (so starting IUI in late May). However, I’m hoping that I could get the bloodwork done on my next CD 2 and then start taking Letrozole on CD 3 to still start the process next cycle. I’m to phone the clinic on Friday to discuss some other details, so was going to pitch this idea to them. I have a feeling that they’ll want the blood results back before starting Letrozole as they seem to be real sticklers for due process, but I’m hoping! DH and I have decided to take a break from TTC during late June-late August because it would be pretty horrible timing to get pregnant those months since I would then be due right when DH has a massive licensing exam to write for his career (and really would have no time for a newborn with how much studying he’ll be doing). So I would ideally like to get two IUIs done before that break. Anyways, that’s a long rambling update, so I’ll stop it there. I just feel like I finally have an actual update after months of the same old thing. 

QOTW: the only thing I can think of is when my best friend’s brother tricked us by locking us out of the house in the winter time in our PJs. I honestly don’t remember any context behind that story except freezing on the sidewalk lol. 
  • @inthewoods23 Thanks for the info! It'll be interesting to see what they tell us on IUI day.

Your prank was both adorable and cruel... I also would have wanted brownies.

@sincethelastday Ugh, sucks about the timed testing! Hopefully you can get a few tries in before your break.

And I completely understand, it's exciting to try something different after being disappointed by a process several times before.

AFM: I went in for my US scan, and I kid you not, one of my follicles looks exactly like the shape of an avocado. Maybe it's a sign?

I take the trigger shot tonight. My DH and I go in for IUI this Friday... And then no more running for me for two weeks (doctors orders). Wish me (and my family) luck haha.
  • @sincethelastday UGH timing is everything! they should have reached out to you and had all the testing done on time to maximize this next cycle?? I feel like one thing my clinic is really good about is constantly following up with me and calling to remind me stuff because ... shrug ... I don't know these things!
    Re: Clomid... I don't have any side effects from taking it but I do think my libido has gone down during medicated cycles. 

@inthewoods23 What month will you be potentially doing an egg retrieval? 

@chiblackhawkie We are in very similar shoes! Just ovulated yesterday morning. Now the dreadful tww :persevere:

• @nancinator should be sometime around mid May for my retrieval! AF is due around Monday next week.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nancinator Yup, it begins for me too!

AFM: Husband went in this morning (he had great numbers), and I went in this afternoon for the procedure. Doctor was way more sociable than he had been the last time I saw him months ago. We talked about my marathon tattoo and all the races I've done in the past (I'm sure to distract me from thinking too much about what was going on, haha.)

I've been told to test in 16 days if AF doesn't show... Sooo Easter. Fingers crossed and praying hard.
  • @chiblackhawkie GL! 16 days is a long wait!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @chiblackhawkie - glad to hear your IUI went well on Friday and that your doctor distracted you like that. I always like when medical professionals try to relate on some level with their patients by either finding something in common or just chatting. Will be thinking of you during the grueling TWW! I would totally be taking full advantage of the mini Easter Cadbury eggs to get me through that wait :P 

@nancinator - will be thinking of you as well during this TWW! I found the same thing with Letrozole in that I really didn’t have much of a sex drive. Which obviously doesn’t help with TI. 

AFM: I talked to a couple of nurses on Friday about squeezing the last blood test in to still be able to do IUI next cycle. The second nurse I spoke to was really accommodating and said they will plan for me to do the IUI next cycle and not wait another month just to get the blood results in from the cycle 2 test. It was kind of funny how over-the-moon happy I was yesterday with not “wasting” another month waiting! I do a lot of advocating for other people with my job, but sometimes find it hard to do for myself, so glad my pushing back resulted in what I wanted. I’m expecting AF around April 27th and then we’ll go from there. 
  • @inthewoods23 Thanks! I'm assuming he just wants to make sure that all of the HcG from the trigger shot is out of the system.. hoping to keep myself occupied between now and then.

@sincethelastday Thanks! You better believe I'm going to enjoy some Reese's eggs.

And that's great news! Glad you don't have to wait.