Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 4/3

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Wednesday 4/3

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 18/6-8 dpo

Timing: fair

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: probably tomorrow and Friday

R/R: I tested super early, got a bfn but won't officially throw in the towel until AF comes.

I plan on massively decluttering the house today. The plan is to hire someone to do a deep clean and then begin thinking about repainting our interior. There is a lot that needs to be done to this old house.

CS/Q: nope
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Loading the player...
  • flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited April 2019
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 17/6

Timing: -5, -4, -3, 0 (x2), 2, 3   {Probably not spot on as I don't due any ovulation testing and I'm just basing this on cervical mucus consistency.}

Typical LP length: no idea

Testing: I might shoot for the April 11th or 12th?

R/R: Feeling much better this morning. I did make it out for a short hike yesterday.

I also had to do some maintenance under our power lines (pulling out pine tree saplings) to prevent the county from spraying herbicide and killing off all of my native plants (and making it look god-awful) again. I cried when they sprayed it (without warning) 2 years ago and killed off EVERYTHING. The plant life is just now recovering. Imagine how the pollinators and other animals up the food chain were affected as well! The overuse of pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides really gets me steaming.

CS/Q: nope
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @inthewoods23 Uggh! People are nuts! It seems like the majority of people just want to throw their trash everywhere or destroy things. I've also had to stop my neighbor from spraying my ditches with herbicide (where I let other natives grow). I'm quite non-confrontational, but I literally ran across the yard in my pajamas (and shoes on the wrong feet) to stop it. She apparently thought she was doing us a favor and claimed that there were "water moccasins everywhere this year." Just a note: the range of the water moccasin does not reach our area. Even if they were in my area, I would encourage their presence.

My husband and I are not proponents of the typical lawn, so we have gotten a lot of bad attention over the years. We prefer to encourage and support wildlife (whilst not wasting water/resources) rather than create some shallow, unhealthy display of wealth/conformity (still not sure the reasoning behind the lawn)? I'm probably a bit of a weirdo, but I'm passionate about the environment and all of its inhabitants (which are under a great threat)!

Oops: Wrote another book! XD 
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @kbrown2385 I'm still going to put in phone calls to the power company to make sure they aren't going to spray. I also have to order some signs to put up. I don't trust them at all after the mess they made!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @marebear15 lol that's a pretty good representation of my chart! I got our taxes done a few weeks ago but days after found out DH's W2 was wrong so now I have to submit an amendment *sigh*. I do ours through online and it was so much easier because everything from last year is in place so you just click down the line into each section to update it for this year. It's for the most part painless!

@flowntheloop yeah, all the newer neighborhoods have almost no trees and since our house and neighborhood are old (50+ years) we have a lot of mature trees. One of which I think that neighbor asked if they could cut down! Who picks a lot next to an old neighborhood and complains about the trees? Ugh.

@kbrown2385 hearing other people's drama and just hearing how ridiculous and unreasonable people can actually be is my guilty pleasure 😄
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @marebear15 we both know being laundry free won’t last long haha. Also, I always love when you agree with my chart. It makes me feel like I have a clue of what is going on 🤣.

@inthewoods23 yes 🤣. As long as I’m not involved I’ll listen to it all day!

@flowntheloop I’d be calling too! Maybe you can help me! I have two flowerbeds in the front of the house we rent and it’s full of weeds. Anything not roundup related that can get rid of them? We rent the house so I can’t do anything too drastic. 

• Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: 18/1

Timing: Great

Typical LP length: 13-15 days

Testing: nope

R/R: My allergies are bad right now. I also noticed a mole on my boob getting bigger and redder. I am going to see if there is a mole check app. Would an OBGYN be able to check that? I want it to be a one stop shop.

CS/Q: big temp rise this morning. I hope this is our Christmas miracle. Otherwise, surgery is in 2 days.

TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @b_1029 on the bright side, if AF shows today, your RE appointment will be on CD3 so they might have you do the baseline stuff at the same time. Win for no waiting! If they don't ask for it I would seriously consider you ask them to do it so you're not waiting a while extra cycle.

@rikiteacup you could ask your OB but my guess is they'll tell you to go to a dermatologist.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @bobbyflies2020 good luck decluttering your house. I need to do that in one of my closets.

@holly321 this reminded me that my Wondfo HPT tests are getting low. I thought I was never going to use all the 50 I got. And I only use around 5/cycle. Sigh.... 

@flowntheloop wow, this is horrible! I know in my county, people can put signs if they don't want the grass on the side of the road to be cut so all the wildflowers can be available for pollinators. I'd be furious if they sprayed chemicals. 

@lcking82 this is a big jump! you have a full dot so FF doesn't consider you slept in a little  :)

@inthewoods23 I am glad your neighbor came to his senses. Your chart looks good. It is clearly on the up trend.

@kbrown2385 we are O twins!

@marebear15 we filed ours on Sunday and both Federal and State already took money from our account as of yesterday :D This was the 1st time my H was doing his taxes himself and he was so anxious. Seeing the money out of our account actually made him feel better lol.
    TTC#1
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2

• @bobbyflies2020 Enjoy decluttering! I love days like that. It's little bit of a battle because MH is a bit of a pack rat. 

@holly321 Smart to start testing early. You need a baseline for comparison, right??

@flowntheloop Can you put out a sign that says "Don't Spray"? Lots of people do that where I live. Props to you for keeping the brush low yourself. And I'm glad you're feeling better.

@lcking82 Nice temp jump! Hoping it's a good sign.

@inthewoods23 MH is uncomfortable with a stranger unsupervised in the house as well. So I'll keep dreaming with you. 

@kbrown2385 I also think O was yesterday. Hurry up crosshairs! (I hate the three day wait).

@b_1029 I'm sorry for the BFN. Feel free to take your anger out on the drive-bys. Really though, hugs.  <3

@rikiteacup Pretty sure you're going to have to go to a dermatologist for the mole. Why can't doctors specialize in everything so we don't have to drive all over the place?

Month/Cycle: 19/10ish

CD/DPO: 7 per FF 

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Friday

R/R: It's raining. Again. I'm so over the rain and ready for some lovely spring weather. Also very excited that the giant Dogwood outside of my office is starting to bloom. 🤗

CS/Q: Nope
  • @inthewoods23 - Did the amendment get you a better tax break? If not, then ugh what a waste of time to do it all over again. I've always done mine online with the free TurboTax website.

@kbrown2385 - Somehow I became the chart expert (even though when I first came here I was a clueless newb), but I'm glad I could ease your mind with my expertise. 

@b_1029 - Sorry for the BFN and that you are having such a crappy day. A walk at lunch sounds like a perfect way to change your mood!

@rikiteacup - Did you have to pay taxes? Oh the horror! Lol, we had to do that one year when DH switched jobs, but other than that we always get a small chunk of money back.
  • @marebear15 I have no idea, haven't looked into it yet. They reported the wrong amount of the HSA contribution so I'm not sure if it will go up or down. Last year was when I started doing it online, previously I was using the software my parents had which is the most expensive one since my mom used to sell jewelry (one of those MLM type things). There were so many things that I had no clue about if it applied to me or not!

@ruby696 that reminds me that we have a magnolia in our front yard and blooms beautifully for a week then it all starts falling off making a mess on our driveway. Gorgeous flowers though!

@kagesstarshroom congrats on the award!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kagesstarshroom - we're O buddies!  Yay for 6dpo!  And congrats for your award - as a fellow academician, I know those are a big deal for promotion/tenure/etc, too!  

@marebear15 @rikiteacup:  my DH is an accountant (not tax, but still...) and he gets frustrated if we're getting a refund, because "we gave the government a free loan all year!"  Meanwhile, I'm like, yay!  A refund!  (And then put it toward my school loans *eyeroll*)  I always warn our payroll people that my husband will have me adjust my withholdings multiple times during the year.  

@b1029:  I'm so so sorry.  It's okay to be down, too!  A walk would be awesome, but don't feel like you have to put on a happy face for us!
  • @lcking82 - Lol to YH. I mean I understand that it just means they took to much money from us year round, but still, yay!!
  • @b_1029 sorry you’re having a tough time. Maybe the nice weather and fresh air will help. Definitely don’t feel like you need to apologize for a shitty mood. It’s allowed!

@rikiteacup yay for a cycle buddy! 

@kagesstarshroom it’s so nice today, I’ve got all the windows open! Congratulations on the award!
  • @marebear15 yes, we owed this year! We didn't adjust our withholding after the law changed. Not a big deal. This money was never going to be ours anyway  :D
    TTC#1

TTC #2

• @ruby696 Yes, I'm waiting on my DO NOT SPRAY signs to come in the mail! We already have a handmade one up, but I want to be sure they don't spray this summer!

@rikiteacup Our area is the opposite of progressive, so the environmental protections are very lax here. T_T And, yes, it infuriates me.

@kbrown2385 First, I would challenge you to rethink your definitions of weeds! :) If they are invasives/nonnatives that are blocking out your beautiful plants I can totally understand your frustration! We have some nasty ones in our area that can make gardening such a pain.

Have you heard of "Back to Eden Gardening" before? It can reduce your weeding duties, but every natural garden/flowerbed is going to come with weeds. Elbow grease and regular upkeep is the tried and true method, of course!

Another fun way to transform your flowerbeds is to turn them into a wild/native areas for pollinators and birds. You could pick up some of local plants and seeds (even ones with culinary value) and just let that specific area go wild :)
    Examples:
    [spoiler][/spoiler]
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop I actually keep dandelions and clover around (as well as other flowering ones) in the yard because I’m all for saving the bees. The owners put pea gravel in these two beds in front of the house, so I’m trying to clean them up and then put plants in containers to attract the bees, butterflies etc. I don’t have a lot of leeway unfortunately and I can’t let stuff go wild, as much as I would love to. 

This is what we have going on

• @kbrown2385 That is so sweet that you leave some flowers for the bees! 
    Looks like you need some extra hands to pull those weeds! Ughh! Have you tried the tarp method before?

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited April 2019
    @flowntheloop I’m dumb when it comes to any kind of gardening, plants etc. I’ll have to look it up! 

ETA: I’ve heard of pouring boiling water on them or using vinegar but i don’t know if that’s truly effective. I’ve pulled up a lot but not well enough to get the roots because they just keep coming back. 
  • @lcking82 Aw yay for having an O buddy! GL this cycle! And thanks!

@kbrown2385 I also like letting stuff "go wild"--DH, when he mows, leaves this patch of our yard un-mown bc wildflowers grow there. Sorry you aren't able to go wild where you are, but your containers will be beautiful! And thanks!

@inthewoods23 Thanksss! And lol at the beautiful flowers making a mess in yr driveway. Alas!
  • Ooohhh @kbrown2385 Do they sell half wine barrels in your area?? You could totally plant some butterfly bushes or citrus or lavender in half wine barrels all along your house. Lavendar would be beautiful once it got big!
  • @ruby696 that’s exactly what I want to do!! I’ll get one for each side and then I have some hangers to put some baskets on. 
  • @marebear15 we can’t use the computers at work for things like the bump, so I have to do it sneakily on my phone.  

@kagesstarshroom congratulations on the award!

• @kbrown2385 Oh I love hanging baskets! This conversation is making me want to work on my garden this weekend.