TTC After a Loss

Re: March WTO

• I’m here.  I had positive OPK yesterday and today so hopefully a temp shift tomorrow 
  • I’m in the same position @Mack2342. Just waiting for my temp shift.
  • Loading the player...
  • Technically I’m here as well, however I’m not tracking right now and trying not to pay attention to timing... clearly I’m not doing a great job  :D
  • I got temp shift so I’m heading to TWW.  
  • I’m back here.  AF arrived this morning 
  • CD1 for me.  I think I’m going to start temping again this cycle.  I’ve been using only OPKs the past few cycles to give me a mental break.  I really thought this would be my month 😢
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy I’m sorry, there is something so hard about that feeling that this is definitely “the month!”. I hope temping helps! 
  • @SpongeWorthy I’m sorry you are here.   I hope temping helps this month 
  • weird day today - I forced my doc to see me today bc I was having weird localized pain in my left ovary area and random heavy bleeding and then nothing. she didn't see anything concerning on my U/S, but noted my lining was super thin (I think she said 0.6!) and that I had blood/some smaller clots in the uterus.

She said I could very well be having my first AF only 14 days after my d&e and my pain could be my ovary trying to get in gear. That seems so soon, but I trust this doc as she is a part of pregnancy loss center here and sees a lot of this. Maybe I'll be buying my new BBT sooner than expected... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin Wow that is surprising.  I don’t have experience with D&E, but I got my period back one month postpartum.  I’m glad your body seems like it’s ready to go!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy tbh, I don't really know if I believe it at this point. I only had that for one day, and even tho she said there was more to come based off of U/S, I've see literally nothing so far. I've even tried to do the uterus massages and we've had sex to see if it would help it move along but alas, nothing. 

That actually brings me to a TMI question - did anyone else have a tender uterus the first time after?? It was a strange feeling. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Can you ask to have hcg tracked to zero just to make sure you don't have any remaining blood related to your pregnancy? You probably don't with a D&E, but I did with my last loss (medicated) and I didn't clear everything until my saline sono two months post loss. Just seems weird that you would have an early AF after a D&E.

No experience with a tender uterus (yes to tender ovaries), but maybe it's still recovering from the procedure?
  • @chichiphin with my last loss, AF came at less than 3 weeks after d & c.   And Yes everything felt tender that first time afte d & cs 
  • @Mack2342 thank you for sharing that - I feel like it is all so different from person to person. 

Weirdly happy that AF started again today though. Oh the things we get excited for... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin after D & c I was so excited for AF the only time in my life that I was excited for it lol but knowing you can get back to trying is something.  Glad it arrived